final.

BJH329purplelaundry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi watched as the downloads painfully and slowly progress.
Her elbows were propped on top of the wooden computer table, head resting on both palms, as she listened to the silent droning sound coming from the air conditioning unit. The bag of half finished potato chips was soon ignored, as Seulgi continued her internal mantra for her Wi-Fi connection.
Please be faster, please be faster, please be faster, please be faster.
Oddly, her internet connection became slower these days. Maybe her brother forgot to pay the monthly electricity bills again.
The other day, while Seulgi was in the middle of playing an online game, she suddenly got disconnected from the server.
She was so close to beating the level's boss battle -- now she had to re-play the whole level again (it took her more or less two hours to even get to reach the boss fight).
It wasn't typical of Seulgi to be pissed off, but you know... Games are games. No matter how hard it is, you'll get pissed off when you're 2% close to clearing a level and you get disconnected.
The notification bar blinked, and Seulgi sat straight before proceeding to check the progress of her downloads.
It loaded for a while and...
"Damn it!"
All her downloads crashed.
She wanted to rip off her hair.

---

On the other end of the street, just parallel to Seulgi's house, Joohyun took her time appreciating the photos her friends posted on their own social media accounts.
It was already past twelve in the afternoon, and she still hasn't gotten up from her bed.
Usually, the neighborhood was peaceful. The only sounds you would hear are the chirping of the birds, the way the wind blows, and the ringing of the bells from kid's bicycles. People who live here are quiet -- from Joohyun's window, you wouldn't hear what the people are talking about.
However, she heard someone scream -- a curse, at that -- in the middle of her peaceful day.
"Damn it!"
It seems like it came from the house in front of hers.
Who lives there again?
Kang Seulgi... was it?
Maybe their internet connection is becoming slow again.
Joohyun sighed to herself, turning off her phone's Wi-Fi.
She hummed to herself, thinking that she's made enough sacrifice for the other teen in the neighborhood.

---

Seulgi was so sure she saw Joohyun in her street.
Joohyun was her senior. She's known for her beautiful outer and inner side. She was also intelligent, and so a lot of people admired her.
Her attendance was perfect -- no lates nor absences. Her conduct's grade was the highest one, and it's almost impossible to think that she's done anything wrong in her life.
It doesn't have to take a whole year before Seulgi figures out that she's one of her admirers, too.
Of course, Seulgi had to stop herself sometimes from gushing about her. She wouldn't allow herself to be like Joohyun's DIE-HARD admirers, who waits for her in front of the school gates just to greet her good morning, or those who hand her lunch every week.
That's funny! And desperate, to be honest!
But today, when Seulgi hopped off the school bus...
Is that..?
Seulgi may not be one of Joohyun's die-hard fans, but she can distinguish Joohyun from another person.
That hair, that height, that uniform, that bag... The person in front of the house, in front of Seulgi's house, is clearly Bae Joohyun, her senior.
Should she greet her?
Should she say a simple 'Hi' so that Joohyun finally gets to notice her for once?
What was she even doing there?
As soon as the door of the house Joohyun was in front of opened, the girl immediately went inside. But before she closes the door, she turned around.
And for the first time, their eyes met.
Seulgi's cheeks reddened.
She feels like dying, but in an awfully good way.

---

"Han, the teenage girl who lives across us is Kang Seulgi, right?" Joohyun asked in the middle of dinner.
The family was not complete; their mom and dad were probably still at work. Joohyun and Luhan had to take dinner early for them to have enough time for their perspective homeworks and projects.
Luhan nodded, picking up another piece of ham from the big platter in the middle of the dining table.
"Yeah." He said. "I heard she attends the same school as you. Have you introduced yourself? You should befriend her, so that you get to finally have a friend in the neighborhood."
Joohyun smiled. "That won't be a problem."
Luhan raised an eyebrow, looking at his sister weirdly. "Oh? Why the sudden boost of confidence?"
Pulling out her phone from her pocket, Joohyun scooted closer to Luhan and unlocked the device. She went to the phone's settings and tapped on the Wi-Fi menu. The phone's Wi-Fi automatically , looking for internet connections.
"You see this Wi-Fi account, right?" Joohyun said as she tapped one of the ones displayed. It was named 'initialsbdaycolorhobby'. "I know its password. I just tried filling in information from different people, like Seungwan, for example.
"If I use Seungwan as an example, the password would be SSW221bluebaking, right? But it didn't work. It had to be another person. So I tried other people until I finally got the correct person."
"What's the connection of you, being confident, and the password for that Wi-Fi?"
Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter