Crazy Chronicle

"Why?"

Sunlight lit the spacious office where Ainsoft President Ahn sat at his desk, slowly moving his mechanical toy between his fingers. His clerk, Secretary Gong, chuckled and then asked, "But President, I'm curious about something. For somebody like you, who's so conscious about your health and the world revolves around you...Why did you get stabbed instead? It was a mistake and you slipped, right?"

"No", he replied pushing the wheel slowly.

"Then...did you really get stabbed on purpose?"

"Yes."

"Why?" 

Min Hyuk's fingers stilled at the suddenness of the question.

'Why?'

It was a simple question, but the answer proved to be heavily loaded. Ahn Min Hyuk stared at his desktop toy as he pondered Secetary Gong's question. 'Why?'

It bothered him. Alot. His heart skipped a beat. Two more beat sharply when the thought of her getting hurt ached more than the actual pain he experienced. 'But...Why did I take that hit for Do Bong Soon?'  Min Hyuk felt like he was on the verge of the next big game, the edge of the "No Return" cliff. How he felt right before Chronicals of Albertine was released for sale. How when he saw Do Bong Soon kick those gangsters' butts, and he realized his angel was all in front of him this time. 

It was unsettling and nerve-wracking. He hadn't thought too much about the why in the aftermath of it all. His brain was muddled, and chaotic. 'Why? Why did I?'

He needed time to think more alone.

Standing up quickly, he pulled his office door open abruptly.

"OH!" The object of his disconcerting thoughts stood abashedly eavesdropping. "I..." Do Bong Soon stuttered and mumbled. Large, beautiful clear brown eyes stared up at him, and shifted rapidly away.

'How much did she hear? Will she ask me again? When I'm just now working it out. No. No way. Quickly. Retreat is best.'

"I am going to the library."

"Yes...Should I clean up and go there?" Bong Soon asks.

"Yeah" he nods subtly.

"Yes" She responds quietly and moves to allow him to pass.

The air feels slightly charged as Min Hyuk walks away.

Thankfully the library is vacant at this hour, and he can quietly sort his thoughts. Leafing absentmindly through a book, the pages become uninteresting as he ponders what Do Bong Soon means to him. "Why, President?" he thinks of Gong's question. Well, he couldn't exactly let such an amazing and beautiful person be hurt, could he now? Forget that she's the Ultimate Fighter, she's still flesh and blood. And thinking of her bleeding sends Min Hyuk reeling. 'Best me, than her'.

From the very beginning she was this brillant color that assailed all his senses. Attraction. Curiosity. Unbridled lust. But it was more than that once he actually got to know her. Her sense of justice, her insecurities, her desires and goals. He wanted to cultivate and mature such a rough draft, and yet at the same time, he needed her. Her presence filled his whole being. She soothed his soul from the depths of his conflictions. From the moment that he knew she was his angel from the bus incident, his whole life had more profound meaning. And as his thoughts met up with his heart's thundering pounding, he knew Do Bong Soon was the only woman who managed to best his craziness, strong-arming his heart.

He liked her. More than like. He loved her! 

'Yes, I am crazy!' he gets up to put the book away. Looking up through the book shelves, Min Hyuk finds himself staring into Bong Soon's eyes. Uncertainity flittering in her eyes, she lowers her gaze, and his eyes soften with fondness. Her softness shining through his knowledge of her physical strength. 'I really really like you Bong Soon-na.' The discovery of his realization outpouring from his eyes. Knowing she's not ready but also enjoying her apparent discomforture towards whatever is electrifying between them. 

"Um..." She squeaks out, "about the new hire welcome party...lets do that another time, after your sutures are out. You can't drink."

"Okay...Lets do that", his voice lowering to a whisper as he responds.

"Let's hurry and go. I'll take you.", Bong Soon muses, and walks away.

Min Hyuk smiles, knowingly.

Yes, she makes him happy. Though he can't tell if her one-sided crush is still strong, but he's certain he can persuade her. Definitely. He'll give it his all.