Final

Break Them Down

Break Them Down.

 

At eight in the morning, the sun is already towering over the planet and announcing he is king but for the people on one of the most beautiful beaches in Busan, no one is royalty as the girl in leopard print with pink laces and ribbons bikini bending to perfectly place the mat on top of the sand. The most beautiful girl everyone on the beach has probably seen all their lives is wearing sunglasses to protect her eyes from the harsh rays of the sun but the sunglasses aren’t enough to hide the divine beauty behind the frames.

 

The sun is practically scorching but everyone isn’t even discreet in their staring over Bae Joohyun.

 

As if she isn’t enough, a girl in simple black with criss-cross patterns on the back bikini walks like queen towards the center of the crowd, with a basket of fresh fruits, chips and some cold refreshments. Her hair is tied up in a messy bun on top of her head but it only made her look ier, not caring about how she looks but looking fabulous nevertheless.

 

Girlfriends are literally breaking up with their boyfriends by now.

 

“Hi. Everyone’s staring at you,” Kang Seulgi, the girl in black bikini says as soon as she steps in the mat the girl in leopard print bikini prepared. She lays in her front and looks back at the other girl.

 

Joohyun suddenly pulls the tie off Seulgi’s top bikini and puts lotion on her back. “No, I think everyone’s staring at you.” She bends a little to whisper that in her ears.

 

The girl laying down smiles at that and turns to look at Joohyun. With her hands on her front to keep her top bikini from falling and giving the entire beach a show they’re probably wishing to happen, she moves up to kiss the other girl who kisses her back just as passionately. They probably kiss for about almost a minute only, a short one compared to their private kisses, but it seems like an entire movie falling down on the people at the beach, especially the erted husbands of wives who are busy taking care of their children while their husbands feast their eyes on bodies of younger women, the young men who are too busy looking out for ‘better girls’ than the girlfriends they swore they love just because other girls have bigger or butts, and those successful, middle-aged men who think they can get everything and everyone they want just because they have money.

 

Regardless, everyone in the beach’s jaw probably drops.

 

“Well, I think they’re staring at both of us now,” Seulgi says as she lays down again, relaxed, while Joohyun chuckles and continues to apply lotion on her girlfriend’s back.

 

“You just love doing that, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah. It’s nice to break people’s stereotypes and labels sometimes.”

 

The girl in leopard print bikini lays on her back beside the girl in black bikini before she conveniently wraps her arm around her, once again disappointing. “Yeah.”

 

Joohyun grabs her girlfriend’s hand as Seulgi opens her eyes and they stare at each other’s eyes because they’re done proving their love is authentic. And they think it’s still funny how people question them because when they look at each other’s eyes, they see the definition of the word ‘love’.

 

They both close their eyes and lay close to each other, imagining that everyone is staring at them with approving eyes and happy smiles even though they’re not but they stay. Because even though they’re not, it doesn’t matter.

 

This world is broken anyway.

 

 

A/N:

 

Our company outing happened yesterday on the beach. It was freaking hot and I have soar throat now (Idk if that’s related but whatever) but overall, it was fun. Sometime before going home, many people were already on the beach and my male co-workers took the time to watch girls in bikinis. They were betting who’d these girls would want out of all of them. And I just thought, wouldn’t it be interesting if they go for none of them but my hot female co-worker? I’m imagining an interesting expression coming from them and I thought of this plot. I hate stereotypes and labels, really.

 

To be honest, I don’t know if this story/drabble matches SeulRene because I honestly don’t see them wearing bikinis on public beaches. X’D But I can’t think of other girl pairings and I just want to get this story done and posted. Although I'd probably die if I see Seulgi in a black bikini anyway. Or SeulRene actually kissing on a public beach. #sorrynotsorry XD - Elle K.