Chapter 9

Not so ordinary day

“She’s where with what?!” Krystal wasn’t so pleased when she heard Yoona blabbering about her unnie on a date with someone, somewhere or something like that.

For the nth time Yoona have explained to her, “I told you already! She was with the library assistant on some café near our university! And I overheard them talking about like “Hey, this is a nice date, right?” and your unnie goes “Yeah, I.. I like it.” Scrunching her face as she mimic the two lovebirds on the café. She was not so pleased with that too. How come she got a date out of nowhere? For all they know, Jessica is such a lazy brat who wouldn’t dare talk about love life and such.

“But, I don’t get it! How come unnie never told us anything?! I’m gonna call her right now!”

Krystal getting mad is an understatement, she was furious. She held up her phone dialing her unnie’s number. Her mind is so clouded and she just want strangle her unnie right at this moment. It’s just a second later when Jessica answered her call.

On the other hand, Jessica thinks it was weird that Soojung is calling her this early. She thinks her little sister needed something from her so she instantly answered her phone.

“Hell-“

“Unnie, who was with you at the café yesterday?”

And Jessica didn’t expected this. She gulped and pretended that she don’t know what her sister was talking about. That Kwon Yuri is definitely the death of her.

“Huh?”

“Don’t “huh?” me! I swear unn-!”

“Jung Soojung, stop.” Jessica sighed as she started to explain to her obsessive little sister everything.

 

Jessica is that one friend who really can keep secrets well. After that one date she agreed with that dark-skinned girl, she didn’t know what gotten to her as she keeps on meeting Yuri even the deal was already done.

Their first date was awkward. Well, for starters she really don’t know Yuri at all. She was about to boycott Yuri that day also but she got scared when she thought of seeing herself in the dean’s office.

On the other hand, Yuri was overjoyed. She finally got the chance with the girl she has been observing (“stalking”) for months now. She prepared everything to make this one shot of a date to be a very special one.

Her classes ended earlier than Jessica’s and both agreed to meet at the library even if it’s supposedly closed at that time. They clearly have the whole library for their selves.

From: Unknown number

Meet me on your special sleeping place. I’ll be waiting ~~

 

Jessica sighed as she read the text from her phone. She doesn’t even know why the hell she was being excited about this. She should be worried and panicking. But why, right? Before she knew it, a heavy blush on her cheeks were formed and she’s really smiling like a fool right now.

She doesn’t care about love before. She thinks it’s stupid.

But, she wonders how others like being on a relationship? Why do their hearts flutter with the presence of someone? She wonders how this “love” works.

But then, Yuri happened.

Everything was set in the library. Yuri have bought balloons that are now scattered on the floor. She had set up the very table Jessica was sleeping in to a luxurious looking dining table with one candle in the middle and some elegant looking utensils. Good thing she knows someone from the Restaurant Management course as she borrowed all of these for their date. She even hang Christmas lights for the place to look a perfect date spot.

She was busy admiring how Jessica’s sleeping spot turned in to a dreamy date that she didn’t noticed the one she’s been waiting for had already arrived.

“Ehem…”

A smile form in Jessica’s lips as she stare at the figure in front of her.

Yuri slowly turned to Jessica’s direction. She was holding a single stem sunflower the whole time. She walks towards Jessica smiling and admiring how this girl looks so gorgeous even if she’s just standing there and not doing anything.

“Hi, for you.” Yuri said as she hands over the sunflower to Jessica. Because roses are too mainstream as Yuri thought. It was silly but Sica finds it cute.

It was so cheesy to whoever will witness this stuff. Yuri don’t mind at all. Jessica on the hand has been panicking inside and cannot look Yuri directly.

“Hey, I am up here.”

The moment Jessica lifted her head and face Yuri was the moment she knows this girl will be something. Her heart skipped a beat and she couldn’t hide the blush on her face anymore.

Their first date was their get-to-know-you stage. Jessica had learned even if Yuri prepared all of these to be fancy looking date, the girl couldn’t cook. Yuri prepared a ramyun and rice balls and some pastry for their dessert. She is a goofball like that. Jessica had learned this girl have so much more than she looks. Yuri works as a library assistant just to earn money for helping someone who is in need. Well her line was “I just don’t want to give money that I didn’t worked for.” And Jessica admires that. She admires how Yuri is so sure about pursuing her masters. How Yuri’s life has been her life ahead. How cheesy goofball she was but at the same time this girl had so much dreams.

The night ended and Yuri insisted to walk Jessica home. They did not held hands. They were bursting out laughing while on they are on their way home simply because of Yuri’s antics.

Once they reached Jung household, Jessica gave Yuri a pat in the back “Thanks for tonight, I really enjoyed it.” because she’s so awkward like that. Yuri smiled in return. Jessica already turning her back but only to be stopped by Yuri.

Yuri held her hand and put it right above her heart.

“This has been beating like crazy since I don’t know when. And I’m glad I took the courage to ask you out.”

“Because, this.” Jessica still feeling Yuri’s heartbeat.

“This will be yours. Not now, but I know eventually.” Yuri said with such a passion in her eyes that makes Jessica melts.

“This was a lovely night. And I promise you, every night even days would be like this from now on.”

Yuri’s words are clouding Jessica’s mind. She cannot think straight as she feels her heart beats faster with the same rhythm with Yuri’s.

The moment that dark-skinned girl’s lips touches hers. Fireworks.

Yuri was everything’s Jessica’s firsts.

First date. First crush. First kiss.

 

It was night after that night that both agreed to start dating. Jessica did not tell anyone about it even her sister because Yuri says so. They wanted be exclusive. They wanted to be in their own world where they wouldn’t care for anyone else. Yuri pretty much knows how obsessive her girlfriend’s sister was and she couldn’t just take it.

For a long time being sisters, Jessica had kept a secret from Soojung. And that’s the first time it happened. Yuri is her first secret from Soojung.

But they got caught. They wasn’t supposedly be caught but Jessica’s behavior over the times she was with Yuri have changed. She spends less time with Soojung and Yoona and more time with Yuri.

She wasn’t addicted to her phone but when Yuri came in, she and her phone was inseparable as both keeps on texting until dawn.

She wasn’t the one who breaks promises to Soojung but she did because of Yuri.

And when her sister found out, Soojung was greatly disappointed. They did not talked for months because of that. Not only Soojung was disappointed but even Yoona and the rest of her friends were. They couldn’t find Jessica as she keeps disappearing every time.

In that span of time, Jessica’s only focus was the world she had with Yuri. She completely forgot what could even possibly happen if there’s no more Yuri anymore.

 

 

“Babe, you’re so good.” Tiffany smirked as it pleases her whenever girls say this in between their hot make out sessions.

It gives Tiffany extra passion and she nibbled the girl’s lower lip. Gently every now and then and moans in the great sensation she’s feeling right now.

“You’re not too bad, Hara.” She said as she leans again for another kiss but was stopped when Hara pushed her shoulder lightly.

“Hara?!” the girl shouted back. Tiffany was confused, this is Hara right? But, oops. Nope.

She smiled as she thinks of a way to get out of this mess but only to get slapped by the furious girl.

“We have been doing this for weeks! Yet, what? You don’t know me? You’re unbelievable.” "Hara" says as she walk out of Tiffany’s room with great disappointment.

“Wait, babe. I can expl-“ Tiffany did not had the chance to finish her oh-so-awesome-lame-excuse as her her door was slammed closed.

“Ughhh! Idiot Tiffany at its finest! God!” she slumped back at her sofa and groaned in frustration.

This has been what? Babe number 5 for this month? She doesn’t even know. She already lost count.

Tiffany was always like this. She also finds love stupid. How the hell would a person be involved with someone and ends up cheating or breaking up right? She thinks it’s pointless.

She have enough stories from her friends’ break up and ty relationships that’s why she never even bother to have one.

For her, girls are just like her past times. Whenever she’s bored or something, she can have one. She’s taking advantage of the lonely girls at the bar made them feel special for a night or week then leave them without anything. Because she’s stupid heartless like that.

 

“I am surprised no one’s killing you.” Her best friend’s remarks made her questioned why is she friends with this midget Sunny.

They are now at the bar and Tiffany’s looking already for a prey. The club is filled with y girls right now and she can imagine how hot this night would be.

“Stop blabbering nonsense and be my wing-girl for the night!” she motions her hand like she’s shooing away Sunny.

“Really. Like how many girls did you left hanging after making them special?! Feel loved?! Or something. You are seriously evil. No wonder no one takes you seriously.”

“No one takes me seriously because I don’t take them seriously too. You’re like that because you got someone. Pshh , love my . There’s nothing like that. It’s all a game. When you don’t get what you want from each other it will all end. No matter how much you worked hard for it. And what’s the point we’re all gonna die alone anyway.” Tiffany said as she downed her nth shot for tonight.

“I wouldn’t be your wing-girl for tonight. I’ve had enough of you.” Sunny stood up and walked out of the club.

Tiffany was left so drunk that night that can’t even walk properly to get a cab. She gave up walking and just sat on the nearest bus stop she saw.

She’s slowly drifting to dreamland until someone spoke to her. Alongside with her was a woman in her late 40s and staring at somewhere.

“Excuse me?” Tiffany asked but the woman didn’t even bother to look at her.

“In this time, most of the people despises relationships. Saying that all they want to do is to have fun. Meeting strangers, ending up the next morning on someone else’s bed. It was fun, right? But the next morning, you’re still alone. You go out alone. You eat alone. Some says, it’s fun right? No commitments. No issues. But I guess most of that people doesn’t know how to live. Living is not about you having fun while others are hurting. You, living is not about how much you earn and how many things you can buy. Living is not about those short term joys.”

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. This is the dumbest words she have heard. She just chuckled – “Then what living could be? Being what? Feeling pain?”

“Pain is inevitable. It’s one of the reason you have to be thankful for pain that means you’re still living. Living means feeling something. Feeling loved when there’s nothing else’s to be loved. Feeling joy in every little things you got. Living is not all because you’re breathing and getting all that you want. I don’t know how you consider yourself alive, but I know you’re dead inside. I wouldn’t tell you anymore. It’s up to you to know what does it feels to be alive.”

Before Tiffany could react, the woman already left her.

In her drunken mind, all of the words the woman told her made sense.