1000 WORDS REACH

Reach

Yoongi walked with heavy shoulders through the hallway, stopped and stood outside their door. He was tired from doing his work shifts.

Morning classes was a bit of hell with him having an as* of a headache and too little sleep. He was just glad some hero invented coffee.

Yoongi wondered why Jimin doesn't like coffee. The younger preferred protein shakes. The kind Yoongi wasn't a fan of. Jimin would make those shakes early in the morning along with Yoongi's coffee and packed lunch.

Jimin is still the one to wake Yoongi up. Of course, Yoongi was always grumpy in the mornings but just give him a couple of minutes and he would pull Jimin in his arms. Jimin would always wiggle himself out of Yoongi's hugs, the younger would whine that both of them would be late.

Waking up to Jimin's face was the right way to start the day. Yoongi prepares their dinner when he gets home and would wait for the younger so they could eat together. Everything is fine as long Jimin is happy. 

Yoongi tilted his head sideways, letting his strained muscles relax while he was reaching for his keys in his pocket.

His hands frooze at the doorknob when he heard voices inside their apartment. Yoongi wasn't expecting the younger to be home yet, even when it's already ten. Jimin was supposed to be at work till eleven. It was a bit surprising that Jimin didn't even texted or called that he was already home or he was having someone over. Something's wrong. 

Yoongi listened carefully. His eyes widen when he heard a familiar voice that was now yelling angrily at Jimin. 

Yoongi pushed the door harshly, gaining two set of eyes on him. His eyes focusses on Jimin's face, searching for a split lip, blood or even a bruise that he was betting would be there. Yoongi flew to where Jimin was standing and the younger instantly reached for his side.

  "You okay?" Was all Yoongi manage to choke out when he saw blood and a bruise that is starting to form at the corner of Jimin's lips. Yoongi can barely control himself as he turned to face Jimin's dad. Respect be damned. The man himself never respected Jimin anyway, never cared for what Jimin wanted.

  "Get out." Yoongi spat at the man. "Get out now." Jimin's grip at Yoongi's arm tighten. Worry was written all over Jimin's face.

  "Yoongi.. Stop." Jimin shivered and moved closer to him. The younger must have sensed that Yoongi was about to lose his control.

 Jimin's dad eyes trail to where Jimin's hand is and to their faces. Yoongi saw the hatred and disgust in the older man's eye. Jimin was about to drop his grip from Yoongi's arm but Yoongi was fast to catch Jimin's hand and clasp it in his own. 

  "You've got to be kidding me." Jimin's dad grumbled. "I never knew you are a too. Must be contagious because you've both been living together for two years. No doubt, you've been doing repulsive things." Jimin's dad moved forward and snatched Jimin's arms, dragging the younger harsly out of Yoongi's reach. Yoongi has this itch of punching the sh*t out of the old man but he was thinking it would just upset Jimin even more. 

 "Now that I have found you, you are going back home with me. You will do nothing but follow what I say. I have had enough of your disgusting ways. You will obey me if you know what's good for you and for everyone." Jimin's face ashen. His head hung low. Yoongi knows Jimin isn't one to talk back to his dad but this has to end. 

 "Let him go. Let him decide what he wants. Jimin perfectly knows what's good for him." Yoongi tries to catch Jimin's gaze but the younger's gaze immediately fell back on the floor. 

  "Yoongi.." Jimin was lost for words. Jimin didn't know where to look to avoid Yoongi's gaze. "I'm sorry." Jimin turned towards the door. Jimin was leaving and Yoongi would be damned if he doesn't do something about it.

  "Jimin, are you just gonna drop everything here?Drop everything you have worked hard on? What about your dance? Those kids you teach to dance? School? I know it's hard.. but you have your freedom.. you have me. Aren't you happy here? You worked hard for this. " Yoongi felt he was drowning at the sight of Jimin's back. His heart is pounding hard against his chest. Jimin seems to hear nothing. Yoongi tried again.  "What about us? Are all of these not worth fighting for?" Yoongi hopes to reach Jimin's heart. 

Jimin turns his head towards Yoongi. Tears were visible in Jimin's eyes, the tears would drop anytime but Jimin was holding it in. Yoongi can tell Jimin is having a hard time trying to find the words that would make this whole situation make sense. But it seems it was all stuck in Jimin's throat.

   "I'm sorry." Finally this time, Jimin held Yoongi's gaze with teary eyes.

Yoongi felt something died inside of him because he understood. He understood Jimin's gaze. Yoongi tried to swallow hard. He tried breathing in. He was still drowning. It's happening. Jimin is leaving. Jimin is giving up.

Yoongi wishes he would just drown already. Tears were blocking his eyes, making it hard to see clearly.  He held back the urge to blink. He vowed to himself that he wouldn't cry in front of Jimin. He knew the younger was drawing strength from him. Yoongi was willing to give it all even if it meant for the younger to use that strength to leave him. He love Jimin so much but it really hurts right now. He was out of breath. 

Yoongi heard the door close. His knees gave out. He shut his eyes and let the tears flow. He allowed himself to cry because Jimin is gone. Yoongi can't seem to reach him now.