Rain

The Prince and His Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The road was getting wet with the gradually increasing rain. People were either opening umbrellas or fastening the pace of their legs. The only blonde on the road did the latter while hugging his leather coat tightly. The cold wind was attacking his face continuously as if it was beating him up. No one can predict about the weather in these days. Sunny mornings could become a cold windy and rainy evening in few minutes.

“It’s just few blocks away…I can make it”, Sehun thought while walking faster, almost running. The pavement was slippery and he could not afford to appear in front of his boyfriend with a broken nose. He was too cool for that so he did not run…but almost ran.

Sehun was wondering why Baekhyun needed them to meet in a café at this time of the day. Not that he is complaining, though. Sehun needed to see his Baek bunny so bad. He had been busy for the past few days and when he could finally rest Baekhyun had to get stuck in the laboratory he worked in. Experiments, he said, very important ones, so he couldn’t ditch them. Sehun knew how much Baekhyun valued his job so he never complained. He decided to spend a lonely day at home with chips and beers. He had started watching a movie but dozed off in the middle until Baekhyun’s sudden phone call woke him up.

“Come to Nightingale…I’m waiting” was all he heard before the call gets disconnected. Sehun had no time to think about the reasons but he guessed his bunny was missing him just as much as he missed the other. And here he was (almost) running to the café Nightingale and the increasing downpour was  blessing him for the upcoming meeting. He thought of it that way since he was going to see the love of his life finally after three days. Who could live without seeing their lover for three days? Well, not Sehun.

The little bell above the café door rang as the blonde opened it with a hurry, Sehun was soaked from head to toe and feared he might look like a wet rooster but luckily the café was not that crowded. He looked around and found his lover sitting on their usual spot. Baekhyun waved his hand and Sehun skipped to him with a wide grin, almost ready to glomp the shorter male.

“Baek bunnyyyyy~ I missed you so much my honey boo~”, Sehun cooed happily while his eyes were forming into their pretty crescent shape. His hands came up to hug the other but Baekhyun softly pushed them back to the owner with a frown.

“Yaaa! I always tell you to take an umbrella with you when you go out! You never listen to me” The brunet was pouting and squinted his eyes in anger.

Sehun knew his bunny was upset and his lips formed into a similar pout. He flopped down into the empty chair to look at his boyfriend. “Well….I was really excited when you asked to meet you. We didn’t see each other for days and I wanted to kiss you very very badly so I just wanted to run here quickly as possible. Sehunnie is sorry~”, The blonde said while putting up the best puppy face he could make at the moment while his hands tugged lightly on his ear lobes. Baekhyun loved when Sehun acted all childish and innocent despite of his dominating nature in most of the things they did. And Sehun took advantage of that now. His eyed moved to the side where he heard two girls chuckling while looking at him and Baekhyun. Sehun ignored them and looked at Baekhyun to continue his apology but the shorter one looked embarrassed and more upset, so he put his hands down slowly. “I’m sorry, bunny. I promi-”

 

“It’s fine. Forget it”, The brunet mumbled while taking a tissue from the holder in front of him and handing it to the other. The younger did not take his eyes from his lover and just leaned close to Baekhyun’s hand, silently asking him to dry him off. A small sigh escaped  the older which did not go unnoticed by the younger but he shrugged it off because Baekhyun started to slowly dab his face with the tissue.

“I missed you…..”, blurted Sehun still looking at the other, admiring the flawless face and rosy lips which he loved the most. He wanted to kiss them because he missed feeling them so badly, but now was not the time. His lover still looked upset….mad…or troubled for some reason so he assumed Baekhyun had a bad day.

“How was your day? Did you eat lunch?”, his short boyfriend asked as he tossed the tissue into a trash bin, then looking at his phone screen. “Ummm It was boring and dull without you next to me…and… do chips count as lunch?”, Sehun replied with a sheepish smile and the latter scoffed. “You should at least eat one proper meal…how can you find the energy to dance if you don’t treat yourself properly. You are so hopeless”, Baekhyun stated which made Sehun squint his eyes in response. The way Baekhyun talked sounded so different and he could feel chills running down his spine. Baekhyun wasn’t using any endearment for him which was strange. “Uhhh, it’s gotta be the weather”, mumbled Sehun wondering what was going on with the other as he took one of Baekhyun’s small hands into his own. He felt the latter flinch and looked up to see Baekhyun looking at their intertwined fingers with an uncomfortable expression.  Sehun couldn’t stop the weird feeling creeping up inside him, but he decided not to assume things. “Gotta be the weather….or he had a bad day” He assumed himself.

“So, how are you baby? Didn’t you say  you will be stucked in that stupid lab with your crazy friends looking at test tubes?”, asked Sehun with a tilted head and a sweet smile. But Baekhyun was just staring at the glass window next to the table. Everything outside was being attacked by the heavy rain drops falling continuously from the scary looking gray clouds. It wasn’t  going to stop anytime sooner.

“Well….we thought about postponing it…the lab didn’t receive some equipment and other stuff which we need to continue the tests so…”

Baekhyun stopped to look at the younger male who was squeezing his hand softly. Then he noticed the wide grin on Sehun’s face. Baekhyun gulped.

“That’s cool! That’s so cooool!!! Why did you have to come here? You should have come to my place! Or I would have come to yours if you asked me to! We could cuddle the whole day and watched a movie or…you know w-”

The taller one stopped in the midst of his excited rant when he felt Baekhyun retrieving his hand from his grasp. There was a heavy silence lingering between the couple for few seconds as Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Sehun could feel a series of chills running down his back bone and he shivered a little. Only a few fainted voices and soft sounds of the café were to be heard before Baekhyun opened his mouth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter