Youth

The Stuttering Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Seo Hyerim's POV*

Guess what? I have three presentations this week and today is one of those days. Just great. You've read the foreword, right? Yes I am talking to you. I guess you know that I hate public speaking, right? I'm nervous as right now. I study in a co-ed school so that makes me even more nervous since there will be people watching me from the opposite . I used to study in a girls' school but ever since I moved to Daegu, I now study in a co-ed school. At least I won't see much girls with their skirts as short as their (if they're even wearing one). Anyway, I hope my teacher won't call me!!!


"Seo Hyerim, please present your topic."


. Just ...


"Yes, Mrs. Jung." I stood up and went to give a copy of my work to my teacher then I went towards the Smart Board to plug my usb in with my shaking hands.


"She probably will talk in her alien language again."


"Wake me up when she finishes."


"Ughh, I feel bored now."


I am NOT being bullied but people just like to gossip around since it's high school obviously. The time where you'll feel insecure and conscious about your actions. I wish I was a kid again. Here I am, standing holding my palm cards and my powerpoint on the board. I didn't look around because I'm hella shy and that will make me even more nervous and insecure. I'm already looking like a shaking cat who's walking in the rain, what more if I make eye contact? But the marking criteria said to MAKE eye contact so I will, just for the mark.


"The Indian Mutiny was when the Indians were opposing to the ruling of the British East India Company..." I started but I haven't made eye contact yet. I'm just too ing nervous, okay?! I'm not an extrovert who's very sociable and easy-going! I can feel my hands shaking while holding my palm cards but I try not think that it was shaking and well guess what? That made it shake even more. Today is just a good day.


"The merchants of the East India Company went t-t-to 12 journeys to India to uhm establish the British establishment, the British presence of the, the British presence between 1601 to 1613." . Just awesome! I stuttered! I am not even halfway through my presentation. I made eye contact and this happened. I feel like I'm just going to embarrass myself if I continue but I have to continue. 


"T-They were c-c-c-conquering the uhhh remaining of, I mean the Indian states because of a milit-t-tary dominance that made them stronger."


This is going to take forever.

 

MEANWHILE

 

*Kim Taehyung's POV*


"Dude, there she is. Aren't you excited? Oh my gosh I'm fangirling so hard because I am SO DAMN EXCITED!" My friend, BamBam, said sarcastically and laughed when Seo Hyerim's name was called up. I like her. She's cute. No, she's very cute and lovely. Everyone may think that she's a person from the outer space who only knows alien languages but I think she's very cute and unique. 


"Bro, I am so bored right now. When will she finish?" I said sarcastically but he took it seriously. 


"Let me think, maybe on our funeral?" Wow. Just wow. Okay, he crossed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter