Final

These Memories We Share

I apolologize in advance for any grammatical error that may occur in this story.

 

“A camera is a save button for the mind’s eye.”

- Roger Kingston-

 

            Junmyeon loves photography. He was influenced by his mother’s interest in that area. The first photo that he took by himself was using his mother’s old camera. It was a photo of his parents having tea and talked to each other. The photo was a bit blurry but his parents like it anyway. They decided to put the photo on the fridge and it made Junmyeon happy. From that point of time, his mother taught him how to take photo nicely.

 

            When Junmyeon was seven, he received the best gift ever from his parents, a polaroid camera. Junmyeon has been eyeing the camera whenever his mother took him to the mall. He loves his polaroid camera because he can look at the photos he took instantly without waiting for a long period of time. He took his camera everywhere with him, capturing anything that he thought is beautiful and interesting in his eyes. That includes this one particular boy who always plays alone at the playground. Junmyeon thinks that the boy is cute and he wanted to be the boy’s friend but Junmyeon himself is a shy boy, so he made no attempt to approach the said boy.

 

(Junmyeon actually brought the photo anywhere with him, thinking that if he could finally talk to the boy, he would give the photo to him.)

 

            After three years of using the polaroid camera, Junmyeon finally lost it (or so he thought) and Junmyeon blamed himself for it. He was running after a cat (to take its photo of course) before he fell on the road. It’s unlucky for Junmyeon because not only he hurt his knees, his camera fell into the drain and he had no idea how to take it. He cried all the way home and ran straight into his mother’s arms while rambling about how clumsy he was. His mother calms him with a promise of new camera. Junmyeon was still sad that night so his father decided to take him back to where he fell to look for the camera. Unfortunately, the camera is gone.

 

(The camera was actually saved by the boy from the playground. He wanted to run after Junmyeon but he did not know which way Junmyeon went. So he kept it with him, hoping that one day he could give it back to the boy. He even asked his father to get it repaired. But he moved away a few weeks later.)

 

            Throughout the years, Junmyeon owned a few cameras. The one that he treasures the most is definitely his now gone polaroid camera. He had captured a lot of photos with it. His mother even made a photo album with the title ‘My First Camera’ and he put his favourite photos in it, except the photo of the boy from the playground. After the polaroid camera, his father bought him a more modern camera, which is a digital camera. Junmyeon liked it too because like his previous camera, he get to see the outcome immediately.

 

            Now Junmyeon owns the latest camera model that he’s been dying to buy. He saved a lot to buy the particular camera, which is a LEICA. This camera is more practical as it is small and he doesn’t have to carry around the big bag of his DSLR. He still uses his DSLR but only on certain occasion. He would bring his LEICA to the kindergarten every day to capture some moments with his kids. The kids’ smile and laughter are so precious to him and he wouldn’t let it gone just like that. Capturing other people’s smile and laughter is probably Junmyeon’s favourite because it made him happy and it gives a sense of satisfaction to him.

 

(Coincidently, the photo of the boy from the playground from years ago is also the one that showed the happy smile on the boy’s face despite playing alone. And if Junmyeon being honest with himself, it was also the reason why he loves photos of people smiling and laughing the most.)

 

            Junmyeon’s photo album from years of taking photos are growing that he has one room in his apartment to place all his photo albums, together with other collections. Sometimes, when he’s bored, he would look at the photo albums one by one and laugh at those photos. As for the photos of his kids from kindergarten, he puts them on the wall of his class and they love his photos. They would even demand a photo from him every day. So his class almost looks like a gallery and he’s proud of it.

 

 

 

            Zhang Yixing loves travelling. He moved to different places a lot as a kid and that sparked his interest in travelling. He was born in Changsha and when he was three, his father was transferred to Busan. In Busan, his father got him a teacher to teach him Korean language. It was hard for him to learn the language, but his mother was there to learn with him. His father on the other hand knew the language because he worked in Korea before he met Yixing’s mother and got married.

 

            After four years in Busan, his father was once again transferred to a different place. This time around, they moved to Seoul. Yixing had heard his teacher talked about Seoul before. She said that Seoul is a really big city and there are a lot of interesting places that Yixing could visit. Yixing was excited over the fact that he could explore new places.

 

(His teacher also told him that he could have a lot of new friends in Seoul but Yixing doubted that because he knows how limited his Korean is and it sounded funny. Yixing thought that no one would want to be friend with a boy who speaks funnily.)

 

            In Seoul, Yixing was indeed only had a few friends who don’t mind his accent. They said they understand him, so it doesn’t matter if he speaks funnily or not. His first friend in Seoul was a very loud boy and he looked happy most of the time. His name is Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun has a best friend who was as loud as him and he has a kittenish smile that Yixing thought was very cute. His name is Kim Jongdae. His father no longer hires a personal tutor to teach him Korean so his two friends helped him a lot.

 

            Every weekend, Yixing’s parents would take him to explore the city. Tall buildings fascinate him so much and he always looks at the buildings in awe. Not only that, he finds some of the buildings have a very unique architecture. One day, his parents took him to Gwanghamun and the moment he saw the gate, he told his parents that he wants to design unique and beautiful building when he grows up.

 

            One of Yixing’s favourite places in Seoul is the playground in his neighbourhood. His mother took him there for the first time when he came home crying because the kids at school made fun of his so-called big head. After that day, Yixing would go to the playground even without his mother. He usually plays alone because Baekhyun and Jongdae didn’t live in his neighbourhood.

 

            The thing that Yixing liked about the playground is not because the playground itself. Yixing liked to be there because of a certain boy. The boy was cute and he’s always smiling. His brown hair looks really soft and it reminded Yixing of cotton candy. The cute boy always spotted with his polaroid camera. The boy looked even cuter when he smiles after capturing some photos. It looked like capturing photo is a joy to him. Yixing wanted to be his friend but again, Yixing afraid that the boy wouldn’t understand his accent.

 

            After a few years, Yixing finally gained some confidence to talk to the boy. He saw the boy walking from the playground’s direction. The boy was pouting cutely and Yixing squealed seeing his cuteness. He waited next to the wall until the boy reached him. Suddenly he heard a soft crying and Yixing slowly peeked from behind the wall. The boy was on his knees and his camera was nowhere to be seen. Yixing looked around for the camera and saw it in the drain. He ran towards the boy to help him but the boy immediately got up and ran away, without realizing that someone is running towards him. Yixing even shouted at the boy but it went unheard. Yixing found a stick nearby and picked the camera from the drain. Luckily, the camera has a strap around it so it was easy for Yixing to pick it and the drain is dry. He wanted to run after the boy but he had no idea which way the boy went. Yixing kept the camera with him and hope to see the boy again and return the camera to him.

 

(The boy actually did hear someone shouted, like calling for him but his knees were in pain and he just lost his camera. He definitely did not care about anything else.)

 

            Now, at the age of twenty-seven, Yixing had travelled to a lot of places, mostly in Asia countries due to his father’s work. His job as an architect also requires him to travel a lot. He even lived in Paris for one year because of his father’s work. He took the photo of unique buildings everywhere he went using the cute boy’s polaroid camera. He knew that is was wrong for him to use it, even his mother reprimanded him about it but he promised himself and his mother that he would take care of it and apologize to the boy for using his camera if he ever get the chance to meet the boy again.

 

 

 

“You know what camera is? A mirror with memory”

-Anonymous-

 

            Yixing and Junmyeon met for the very first time when they were around twenty-three. Yixing’s class was required to design a future kindergarten building and they need to work with someone from the teaching course for the project. Since Yixing was the best student in his class, his lecturer recommended him to partner with a certain Kim Junmyeon since the said student was also at the top of his class.

 

            The first moment Junmyeon saw Yixing, he was starstrucked. (Okay, it was probably exaggerated). Junmyeon felt a sense of familiarity when he saw Yixing. Yixing on the other hand thought Junmyeon’s prim and proper image was intimidating but after sitting together for one hour, he found that Junmyeon was actually a funny man. His sense of humor is weird but still funny.

 

            That one hour of first meeting led to another meeting a few days later. One, two, three, four and a lot more meetings for the project and casual hangout made them closer. Their friendship is blossoming in that span of time and it amazed them how they clicked so well in a short time. They shared a lot of things in common like how their friend would sometimes called them ‘old man’ or ‘uncle’ or that both of them have interest in music too. Junmyeon’s best friend, a panda-like boy named Tao believed that it has something to do with their zodiacs. According to him, Gemini and Libra person match so well because they balanced each other. Junmyeon laughed and Tao’s theory and stop himself from asking how he knew Yixing’s birth date, knowing very well how the said boy would probably tell him that he got his sources. (Later on he found out that Yixing’s desk mate at their studio, Kyungsoo, who happens to be Junmyeon’s friend provided the information of Yixing’s birth date.)

 

            Yixing’s dimple smile reminded Junmyeon of the boy at the playground. The boy also owns cute dimples. He even thought that Yixing and the boy really look a lot like each other. Most of the time, Junmyeon managed to push the thought at the back of his mind because he was busy thinking about Yixing’s smile that always makes his heart beats rapidly.

 

            Yes. Kim Junmyeon has a crush on Zhang Yixing because who wouldn’t like someone like Yixing? He’s kind and funny and a very considerate person. He’s also a talented composer that Junmyeon once thought that Yixing should take up music as his major instead of architecture. Junmyeon does not have the courage to confess his feeling to Yixing, worry that he’ll be rejected and jeopardizing their friendship. Junmyeon decided that he’s comfortable with whatever they currently have. Having a crush on Yixing does not necessary means that they should date. Or so he thought.

 

(There is certain someone however confessed to Junmyeon. He is the university basketball team’s captain. He asked Junmyeon out for a date for so many times and Junmyeon rejected him every time. It’s not shocking for Junmyeon when the captain confessed to him and Junmyeon rejected his confession with a smile, telling him that he’ll find someone better than Junmyeon.)

 

            After a few months of their friendship, Yixing finally admitted that he has a big fat crush on Junmyeon. It’s basically love at first sight. Yixing thought that Junmyeon’s nerdy and dorky side is adorable and his heart is the heart of an angel. He cares for people around him, a lot. His soft voice is soothing and Yixing could listen to him talking all day long. And don’t make Yixing starts on Junmyeon’s pretty and handsome and cute face. Everyone likes Junmyeon and Yixing knew it’s not just simple like. Literally every student, boys and girls included, wanted to be Junmyeon’s boyfriend or girlfriend (but the girls cried when they found out Junmyeon’s preference).

 

            That everyone includes a certain basketball team’s captain who is very tall, a Chinese like Yixing but holds a Canadian citizenship and fluent in six languages. Yixing knew about the fact that Wu Yifan had asked Junmyeon out for quite a number of times, but Junmyeon rejected him every time. Yixing was restless when someone told him that Yifan was going to confess to Junmyeon and he was back at ease when Yixing witnessed Junmyeon rejected Yifan (of course Junmyeon didn’t see him, he hid himself perfectly well). He was so happy that day that he’s willingly treat Baekhyun and Jongdae (yes, the very same Baekhyun and Jongdae from his childhood. They met again at the university).

 

            It is everyone’s common knowledge that Junmyeon loves photography and Yixing loves travelling. Both of their interests are what everyone believes to be the biggest reason of their strong friendship, or relationship, whatever one prefers to call it. Yixing knew how passionate Junmyeon is about photography. Yixing even asked Junmyeon why he took teaching as his major when he can choose photography. Junmyeon told Yixing that photography is his hobby, it’s what he likes to do but teaching is a job that he always dream of since he was a kid. Junmyeon always carries his DSLR around. Sometimes he only brings his smaller camera or if he didn’t bring any one of those two, he’d just use his phone, as long as he can take the photo of things that he finds interesting.

 

            Junmyeon also knew how much Yixing loves travelling. Yixing told him that he had been to a lot of places when he was a kid. Junmyeon knew that travelling is the thing that drives Yixing to be an architect. He loves those unique building that he saw when he travelled and that he wanted to be the one who designs the buildings in the future. A few months after knowing each other, Yixing brought Junmyeon with him whenever he’s going places, especially if the places are in Seoul. Yixing said that there are places in Seoul that he has yet to discover and it’s only better to bring a Seoul native for his trip. They went to so many places together and everything was eternalized in form of photograph, courtesy of Junmyeon. They event went to Busan with Jongdae and Baekhyun to revisit his childhood memories.

 

            To celebrate their graduation, they planned a trip to Jeju Island. They have always wanted to go to Jeju Island but never get the chance to do so. They went with their group of friends, including Wu Yifan who claimed that he wanted to woo Junmyeon’s best friend, Tao. Yixing objected Junmyeon’s decision to let Yifan joins them at first due to jealousy (no, Yixing didn’t say it out loud). He told Junmyeon that they are not that close and it makes him uncomfortable. Junmyeon however told him that he felt bad for rejecting Yifan so he’s going to help Yifan to get close with Tao (of course Yixing didn’t believe Yifan’s reason to join them because he had seen the way Yifan looked at Junmyeon and he knew Tao was smitten by someone else).

 

            Desperate times call for desperate measure. Two days in Jeju Island, Yixing stepped up his game and decided to confess to Junmyeon. They finally had some alone time because Yifan keeps following Junmyeon around and it bothers Yixing so much. “Crush on Tao my ,” Yixing thought. So, on the second night, Yixing made sure that Yifan is busy. It is all thanks to their friends who distracted Yifan with million questions about his beauty product and how he managed to always look good even while playing basketball. Yixing immediately pulled Junmyeon out of the restaurant and took him for a night walk along the beach.

 

            They were walking along the beach, talked about anything and everything when the confession happened. Yixing tried to hide his nervousness during their walk but somehow Junmyeon managed to catch his nervousness, judging by the way Yixing rubbed his face, a sign that Junmyeon noticed after months of friendship with Yixing. Yixing blurted out his confession when Junmyeon pokes his waist, one of the sensitive parts of his body. The confession was a blabbering mess, a series of reasons why Yixing loves Junmyeon and wanted to be his boyfriend. There were also compliments that made Junmyeon blushed hard without Yixing even realize because he was too busy confessing. When Yixing’s chain of words of confession ended, Junmyeon grinned and laughed at him. Yixing felt his heart dropped and ready for rejection and ran away because he thought he had misunderstood all the signs. That was exactly when Junmyeon grabbed his neck and kissed Yixing with all his heart.

 

            Yixing’s eyes widened, almost looked like Kyungsoo’s eyes, at Junmyeon’s sudden action. It took him a few moment to realize what happened and kissed Junmyeon back just when the smaller is about to pull away. Their kiss was slow and soft. Both of them took their time and just enjoy the moment. The kiss was way better than any of them had ever imagined. Everything was so perfect. From the way their hands search for each other’s, the way they’d sometimes pull away and smile at each other before leaning into the kiss again and the way their arms wrapped around each other. The sound of the wave is like the music to their ears and truthfully, Yixing couldn’t imagine any other way to confess.

 

            “I love you too, you idiot,” said Junmyeon breathlessly.

 

            Yixing laughed joyously before lifting Junmyeon and spun him around. Yixing then back hugging Junmyeon, looking at the sea with a smile etched on his face. Junmyeon mirrored the same expression and leaned his back comfortably againts Yixing’s chest. He felt warm despite the cold wind at the beach. That’s how Yixing is to Junmyeon. He always makes Junmyeon feels warm with his presence. Junmyeon thinks he could live through the cold winter with Yixing by his side. He softly caressing Yixing’s arm and received a kiss on his temple in return.

 

            They walked back to the hotel, holding each other’s hand. Their smiles never falter from their faces. Yixing felt like he’s flying high in the sky so he let go of Junmyeon’s hand and ran as fast as he can. Junmyeon of course was puzzled by Yixing’s sudden action but seeing how Yixing laughed, he knew that his boyfriend is happy. Junmyeon waited for Yixing to return to him and they continue the walk to the hotel.

 

            They finally made it into their room. As soon as their door was closed, Yixing trapped Junmyeon against the door and kissed him vigorously. Junmyeon replied the kiss with the same amount of pressure, something that he wanted to do ever since they were at the beach. Their hands were all over each other’s body, every touches left burning trail on their skin. The air unfortunately is something that they both needed and they pull away from each other, lips swollen from the kiss and their faces were red. They breathlessly leaned their foreheads against each other, comfortable silence engulfing them. They could proceed with more ‘actions’ but they silently agree that there is a place and time for that. For the moment, they’re comfortable with cuddling and wrap their arms around each other. No words were needed since their feelings are conveyed through soft touches and kisses.

 

            Their shared moments however were disturbed by the sounds of their phones. Both of them check the phone only to see a message from their friends. Junmyeon opened his text messaging apps and he immediately blushed when he saw a picture of him and Yixing at the beach, sharing their first kiss. Yixing on the other hand received a picture of him back hugging Junmyeon. They showed the picture to the other and both of them were touched by their friends’ effort to capture those moment (in their mind, they knew it was mainly Baekhyun and Tao’s idea). They made a mental note to thank their friends during breakfast. Yixing immediately used the picture he received as his wallpaper and Junmyeon demanded Yixing to send the picture to him so he could print them out when they get back to Seoul.

 

            The next morning, they had breakfast together with their friends. A chain of ‘finally’, ‘oblivious’, ‘what a relief’ and of course ‘congratulations’ came from them. Jongdae said that it was tiring to see the subtle flirting from the new couple and how he sometimes felt like his eyes were about to plucked out of his socket due to constant rolling of his eyes whenever the phrase ‘I don’t want to ruin our friendship’ came out from either Junmyeon or Yixing. Both of them only laughed and Junmyeon even apologized to them because they had to endure all that.

 

            Despite all the chaos that came from their friends, Yixing noticed that someone is not happy, disappointed even. Yes, it was Yifan. Yixing can see it from his sullen face that the man was indeed still having feeling for Junmyeon. He’s probably regretting his decision of joining this trip. There’s nothing Yixing can do about it. Junmyeon loves Yixing and Yifan can’t change that.

 

            Yixing and Junmyeon spent the rest of their vacation in Jeju Island happily. Junmyeon took as much photos as he can and he already planned to make a special photo album (as usual) for this Jeju trip. There are photos of him alone, Yixing, photos of him and Yixing (most of them) and of course photos of their friends. Junmyeon’s favourite photo from this trip is the photo of him and Yixing, looking at each other during sunset. The photo was taken by Tao using Junmyeon’s camera. As cheesy as it sounds, the photo showed how much love they have for one another.

 

            After that trip to Jeju Island, they went on a lot of dates. It’s not like they never went out together before, but their dates are more meaningful because they are now officially boyfriends. They are happy with the fact that they get to hold each other’s hand whenever and wherever they want despite the skeptical looks thrown at them.

 

            Their dates consist of going to movies, dinner and lunch and even breakfast date. They also went to their favourite theme park. They even set up a dinner date with their parents. It turns out that their fathers had known each other for a long time. On every date that they went, Junmyeon never fails to capture the moments using his camera. He reasons that they shouldn’t let the memories they created together, faded away. No one knows what might happen in the future. At least they have photos to remember their joyful and happy days.

 

            One of their best dates was their movie date in Yixing’s apartment. He wanted to enjoy a peaceful date with no one but him and Junmyeon around (the real reason is because he wanted to cuddle Junmyeon). Junmyeon arrived at Yixing’s apartment one late Friday afternoon after Junmyeon had done with his school. While waiting for Yixing to finish with his shower, Junmyeon went into a room where Yixing put all his projects as architecture student and some miniature and model building from around the world. Then his eyes spotted a polaroid camera on the shelf and it looks very familiar to Junmyeon. He took the camera and examined it. It really looked like his old polaroid camera. Just then, Yixing entered the room.

 

            “The camera is not mine actually,” said Yixing.

 

            “I meant to return it to its owner but I can’t find him. I never work hard enough actually, to find him.”

 

            Junmyeon frowned at Yixing’s words. He keeps turning the camera around and then he saw it. His initials, “KJM” that his mother carefully carved at the bottom of the camera when he first got it.

 

            “How did you get this camera, Yixing?” he asked.

 

            “It was from years ago. I saw this boy running with this camera and fell down. The camera fell into the drain but I think the boy did not know how to take it back. He ran from the place and I picked the camera from the drain. Luckily the drain is dry so there’s not much damage on it. I even asked my father to check and fix any broken part. I waited for him every single day at the playground but it seemed that he no longer went there and few weeks later, I moved to Shanghai.” There’s a disappointment in Yixing’s eyes as he explained this to Junmyeon.

 

            Junmyeon stayed silent after that. He can’t believe that his first instinct when he met Yixing is correct. Yixing is indeed the boy from the playground.

 

            “What would you do if you ever find this camera’s owner?” Junmyeon asked again.

 

            Yixing smiled at the question before he answers, “I will apologize to him first because I’ve been using the camera without his concern. Then, I will thank him because this camera had helped me to capture all the photos of beautiful buildings that I saw when I travel around.”

 

            Junmyeon immediately left the room after that, with the camera still in his hand. Yixing who was confused by Junmyeon’s sudden action followed him wordlessly to the living room. He saw Junmyeon grabbed his bag and fished out a small book from it. He took out a small polaroid photo from the book and turned around to face him.

 

            “Is this you?” he asked Yixing while showing a photo of a boy sitting on the swing. Yixing took the photo and he gasped. The boy in the photo is indeed him.

 

            “How did you get my photo Junmyeon?” As far as he remembers, he never gives any of his childhood photos to Junmyeon and the photo that he showed just now is something that he has never seen before. He looked up at Junmyeon and then to the camera in Junmyeon’s hand and finally at the photo again. Right then, everything clicked together. It came to Yixing’s realization that the boy from so many years ago was Junmyeon and the polaroid camera belongs to him.

           

            Yixing bursts out laughing and his laughter is definitely infectious that Junmyeon too laughed after that. They knew that both of them felt stupid over the whole thing. They laughed until they had to sit down on the floor. When their laughter had died down, Junmyeon showed his initials at the bottom of the camera to Yixing. Yixing then left Junmyeon to take out the photos that he captured using the camera and showed them to his boyfriend. He really did apologize to Junmyeon for using the camera and keeping it for so long. Junmyeon brushed it off, saying that he’s happy that his polaroid camera was in safe hand and had ‘served’ Yixing dutifully.

 

            Yixing then proceed to tell Junmyeon about how he actually followed Junmyeon on that day because he finally grew some courage to talk to Junmyeon. Junmyeon said Yixing sounded like a creepy kid and Yixing fought back, saying how Junmyeon was creepier for taking his photo and kept it for so long. After telling their stories, they shared their second kiss of the day.

 

            That night after their dinner, (Yixing cooked the dinner with Junmyeon either helping him or distracting him) they cuddled on the couch in Yixing’s living room. They’re watching a rom-com movie because they were in the mood for it. Junmyeon really likes this. He loves it when Yixing plays with his hair and caresses his arm. He in return would hug Yixing’s waist and snuggle into his sturdy chest. They would occasionally kiss and the simple kisses turned into a hot make out session after Junmyeon straddle Yixing’s laps. Junmyeon rarely does that and Yixing knew Junmyeon’s action could only mean one thing. Their first time happened that night. It was a beautiful moment and they both savour the moment. It was captured in their mind and Junmyeon thinks that this is the one memory that no camera is needed to eternalize it. The marks that Yixing left on his body are the perfect reminder of tonight’s moment.

 

            The next day, all they did was cuddling that of course led to something else. They cook their lunch together and the afternoon spent with Yixing serenading Junmyeon with his guitar. Junmyeon even sang his favourite song and Yixing silently had recorded Junmyeon’s singing. That night, they went out for dinner at their favourite café and coincidently, all their friends were there. Baekhyun looked at them knowingly and gave them a teasing smile.

 

            “You’re glowing Junmyeon. Did something good happen last night?” Baekhyun blatantly asked.

 

            “What makes you think that something good happened?” Junmyeon asked.

 

            “You’re glowing, Junmyeon and I noticed that you were slightly limping when you came in just now,” said Baekhyun.

 

            Junmyeon blushed furiously and Yixing put his hand on the small of Junmyeon’s back to calm him down and to save his boyfriend from more embarrassment.

 

            “Shut it, Baek. We didn’t say anything when we walked in to you and Jongdae while you’re doing it for the first time did we?” said Yixing as he guided Junmyeon to sit. Kyungsoo laughed at Yixing’s clapback and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun on the other hand grumbling about how Yixing always attacks him like that and both Junmyeon and Yixing can only laugh.

 

            Then, Tao held out his hand and asked the other three to pay up, saying that he had won the bet. When Junmyeon found out what the bet was about, which is who tops in their relationship, he smacked Tao on his head.

 

            After the dinner, they decided that it was a waste if they went home early on a Saturday night. So, they strolled around the street. They make themselves full by eating those street foods, play some games at the arcade that they knew open for 24 hours during the weekend and they also played a game of basketball.

 

            Baekhyun and Jongdae looked at each other fondly.

 

            Tao not so discreetly staring at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo’s shy smile when he caught Tao’s eyes on him.

 

            Yixing chased Jongdae around the basketball court because Jongdae cheated during the game.

            And Yixing and Junmyeon’s hug when they won most of the arcade games.

 

            Everything captured. Junmyeon’s camera worked hard that night just like any other days. Those photos will be sent to a photo studio so that Junmyeon could put them in an album or photo frame. Baekhyun asked for his photo with Jongdae and Junmyeon promised him he will give it to Baekhyun when it is done.

 

            That’s how Junmyeon’s life is. He will not let any moments go without them being captured by his camera. Every moment is special to him.

 

 

**********

 

 

“Photography is the beauty of life capture.”

 

            Yixing is nervous. He’s been waiting for Junmyeon under the tree for almost thirty minutes now. No, Junmyeon is not late, it was Yixing who came to the park early to get everything ready. He glances behind the bushes and his friends are all waiting for Junmyeon too. Behind him, a bunch of twigs that formed that one question for Junmyeon is ready. All he has to do is to calmly wait for Junmyeon. Yixing rubs his sweaty palms on his thighs and breathe slowly. He knows Junmyeon wouldn’t say no to the question, they love each other too much, but he just can’t help the jittery feeling. They are about to start a new phase in their life and it’s really a big step in their relationship. Yixing prepared a lot of things to say to Junmyeon since a few days ago and it bothers him that he forgot everything at the moment.

 

            Junmyeon moved in to Yixing’s apartment two years ago. Yixing’s apartment is rather spacious, and it has three rooms. Junmyeon brought in with him all his photo albums and they arranged it in the room where Yixing put all his collections. They basically lived like a married couple since the past two years.

 

            Yixing’s train of thought is cut off when he saw Junmyeon walks towards him. Yixing is breathless. After all these years, Junmyeon’s beauty never fails to mesmerize him. His blinding smile, his big round eyes and those kissable lips make Yixing falls even harder for Junmyeon. Junmyeon wears the clothes that Yixing asked him to. He left a message for Junmyeon before he leave the house this morning, telling Junmyeon to wear the clothes that Yixing had prepared him, a pair of white pants, a white dress shirt with a baby blue cardigan. Yixing himself wears the same kind of clothes; the only different is he’s wearing a gray cardigan.

 

            Yixing waits for Junmyeon to reach him and when he does, Yixing takes Junmyeon’s hands and smile sotly.

 

            “Is there anything special today? You left before I even wake up. And what’s with our clothes? Are we going somewhere? What are you up to?” asked Junmyeon.

           

            Instead of answering Junmyeon’s questions, Yixing asks him to close his eyes. Junmyeon of course frowns and pouts at first but decided to just follow Yixing’s game. Yixing then guides Junmyeon to where the twigs are. He tells Junmyeon to open his eyes and he takes out a small velvet box from his pocket. Junmyeon gasps and he lets out a small sound of disbelieve. Right in front of his eyes is a bunch of twigs that that neatly formed a “WILL YOU MARRY ME?” and next to the question is a bouquet of flowers, peonies to be exact. He almost cries but then Yixing calls out his name. Junmyeon turns to Yixing and then he sees the box with a ring inside, in Yixing’s hand.

 

            Yixing takes Junmyeon’s hands before he begins his small speech. He inhales and exhales slowly while looking at Junmyeon’s face affectionately. “Junmyeon, it’s been only four years that we know each other but it feels like I’ve known you forever. Meeting you is the best thing ever happened to my life. I love everything about you. I love how beautiful you are, inside out. I love your small pout when you focus on doing something, it’s cute. I love the fact that you care about everyone around you and how sometimes they are your main priorities in your life. I love your jokes no matter how many times our friends said that your jokes are not funny. I love it when you made me breakfast every morning and I want it to stay that way, for a long time. I could list down everything that I love about you but all of it concluded in just simple ‘I love you so much.’ So Kim Junmyeon, would you find it in your heart to marry me?”

 

            Junmyeon unknowingly shed some tears as he listens to Yixing’s words. He lets out a shaky breath when Yixing finished his speech. He looks into Yixing’s beautiful eyes and smile at him. “Yes I do.”

 

            Yixing smiles too as he engulfs Junmyeon in a hug. He closes his eyes to savour the moment. Then, he lets go of Junmyeon in favour of putting the ring on Junmyeon’s finger. He fished out another ring, which is his and get Junmyeon to put the ring on his finger. Just as Junmyeon’s done with it, their friends come out of the bushes and blow the bubbles that Yixing gave them earlier. Junmyeon laughs happily and kiss Yixing right then and there. Some naughty whistling and catcalls can be heard from their friends when they kiss. Yixing takes the bouquet of peonies and hand it over to Junmyeon. He receives another kiss from Junmyeon and that dimple smile that makes Junmyeon’s heart beats faster, appears.

 

            That night, they have dinner with their parents. Yixing secretly called both his and Junmyeon’s parents a few days before to tell them about the dinner. Their mothers somehow knew what the dinner is about, mother’s instinct they say. So, when Junmyeon announces to their parents that Yixing had proposed to him, both mothers smile knowingly and immediately hug their sons. Jumyeon’s father pats Yixing on his back and sincerely thanking him for choosing his son and willing to handle all Junmyeon’s quirk (Junmyeon whines at his father’s remark of course). The dinner ends successfully and they both return to their apartment to celebrate the day on their own. How they celebrate it, is entirely up to your imagination.

 

            With the announcement, comes the fuss about wedding preparation. Their parents decided that the wedding should be held after two months and Junmyeon freaks out. He tells his mother that two months is too early but his mother reasoned that they already live like a married couple and Yixing agrees to the suggestion. Their mothers promised them that they will help with the wedding preparation considering that both Junmyeon and Yixing are busy. All they need is a wedding planner to make everything runs smoothly and Junmyeon has someone in his mind.

 

            Luhan and Minseok. They are well-known wedding planner and Junmyeon knows them personally. Luhan is one of his student’s uncle. They met two years ago when Luhan replaced his sister for a teacher-parents meeting and they kept in touch with each other ever since. It turned out that Luhan’s husband, Minseok, was Junmyeon’s senior back in high school. Junmyeon decided that he will seek their help for his wedding preparation.

 

            So, Junmyeon’s busy life as a groom-to-be starts after his and Yixing’s meeting with Luhan and Minseok with their mothers. Both Yixing and Junmyeon wanted their wedding to be a simple one, they would only invite their families and friends so Minseok suggested them to have an outdoor wedding. Junmyeon agrees to his suggestion in an instant, knowing very well that Yixing likes the idea too. The next thing that they need to do is to find the perfect suits for them. Yixing wants the both of them to wear black suits since it’s easier that way. After their suits, they need to choose the invitation cards. Yixing and Junmyeon choose a simple invitation card in silver colour that looks elegant and exclusive. The rest of the preparation will be handle and monitored by their mothers. All they have to do is to relax and come to the food and cake tasting when the time comes.

 

            Despite the fact that their mothers told them to just relax, Junmyeon can’t help but to feel jittery. He has a lot of going on in his mind like, his wedding vow. He has no idea of what to say to Yixing on their most important day. Then he’s worried that something will go wrong on their wedding day, or that his or Yixing’s suits won’t fit them. Every time Junmyeon has a mini mental breakdown, Yixing would hug him and whisper sweet nothing while reassuring Junmyeon that everything will be fine.

 

            The day of their wedding finally came. Their wedding theme is garden wedding; suitable with the number of guests they have on the list. Minseok managed to find a garden that is not too big or too small for the wedding. Luhan then got his team to decorate the garden and set up an arch at the entrance of the garden and the aisle. Minseok on the other hand managed to build an altar according to Yixing’s design. Yixing secretly made a deal with Minseok that he’s going to design the altar and Minseok can keep it for future use.

 

            Yixing is currently standing at the altar, waiting for Junmyeon. He is nervous and keeps tugging the hem of his tuxedo and Jongdae as his best man had to stop him after a few times. Then, the music started playing and there he is, Kim Junmyeon, the love of his life, walks down the aisle with his father by his side. He looks beautiful with that black tuxedo, shy smile gracing his face, his hair was pushed back and he’s holding a bouquet of anemones, his favourite flower. It seems that Junmyeon had an undercut, his hair looks shorter than the last time they see each other, which is three days ago. Their mothers told them that they shouldn’t see each other three days before the wedding and they knew that there’s no use to go against them, so they just do what was instructed to them.

 

            Yixing can see that Junmyeon is nervous too despite the smile that plastered on his face. When Junmyeon and his father reached him, his father takes Junmyeon’s hand and give it to Yixing, whispering a small “Take care of him, son.” Yixing smiles while nodding slowly and take Junmyeon’s hand into his. Since it’s just a simple wedding, they don’t need someone to officiate the wedding. Baekhyun as the wedding MC announces that it is time for their wedding vows. They made a deal that Yixing will give his wedding vow first and followed by Junmyeon’s after that.

 

            Yixing takes a deep breath and start his wedding vow. “Kim Junmyeon, you once told me that a single picture represents a thousand words, but there is no picture in the world that could describe my love for you.  I love you with all my heart. From the moment I saw you at the playground many years ago, I knew that we will be together for a long time. Right now, in front of our family and friends, I promise you that I will cherish you, I will take care of you and I will protect you even if I have to take the bullet for you. You mean so much to me and you are my world. Thank you for always be by my side when I’m down. Thank you that you are willing to travel around with me and thank you for saying ‘I do’ when I propose to you two months ago. I love you so much and you’ll always in my mind.” As soon as Yixing finished his vow, he puts the wedding ring on Junmyeon’s finger.

 

            Now, it is Junmyeon’s turn to say his vow. He inhales slowly and smiles at his husband-to-be. “Zhang Yixing, you came into my life and showed me what love is. You showed me how simple it is to love someone. You showed me that every moment in our life is beautiful and they deserve to be captured by my camera. Thank you for loving me like no one ever could. Being with you makes me feel like flying and I could go anywhere with you. You make me feel complete and there’s nothing else I could ask from you other than to love me as I am. Thank you for always there for me and thank you for being understanding. And thank you for always laugh at my jokes. You told me just now that I’m your world, then, you are my universe. Today I promise you that I will always love you with all my heart, be a good husband to you and also a good father to our future children. I love you to the moon and back, Zhang Yixing.” And with that vow, Junmyeon puts on the wedding ring in Yixing’s finger.

 

            They take a few moments to stare at each other before leaning in for their first kiss as husbands. Tao and Kyungsoo throw some confetti at them. All the guests stand up and clap for them. Their mothers shed some tears and hug each other while their fathers has proud smile on their faces. They turn around to face the guests and give them a bow.

 

            They continue with their wedding reception and they go around the garden to greet the guests. They have their first dance not soon after. Then, they dance with their mothers. The wedding runs smoothly and it’s just the way that Junmyeon had always wanted, a simple and beautiful wedding, with the presence of family and friends.

 

(Every moment of their wedding was beautifully captured by a famous wedding photographer, Park Chanyeol who happens to be Junmyeon’s favourite photographer. Junmyeon squealed so hard when Luhan told him that he had asked Chanyeol to be Junmyeon and Yixing’s wedding photographer.)

 

 

**********

 

Eight years later

 

            Junmyeon is cleaning his bedroom and change the bed sheet because it’s been a week since the last time he changed it. It’s Saturday morning and he usually spends his Saturdays to clean the house. Yixing had to go to the office early in the morning because he has a meeting with a client at ten. He let out colourful languages as he was getting ready to the office because no one should work on a Saturday he said. Just when Junmyeon finished changing his bed sheet, his two sons enter the room, with Jongin holding a photo album in his hands. Junmyeon straight away recognize the photo album. It is the album from their first Jeju trip nine years ago. He knows what the boys want from him. He sits on the bed and asks his two adorable sons to sit with him. Both boys run to him and sit on his left and right side.

 

            “I see you take an album from that room again Nini. Do you want Daddy to tell the story behind this album?” asked Junmyeon.

 

            Jongin nods eagerly and Junmyeon takes the album from his hands. He opens the album and he lets the memories come to him. Everything feels like it just happened yesterday. Yixing’s confession at the beach and their first kiss. Junmyeon glances at his bedside table, where his and Yixing’s photos reside. He also put the photo of their first kiss there. Junmyeon is actually eager to tell his sons the story of their Jeju trip but he needs to cook for lunch and Yixing will be home soon. So, he decided to tell the story after their lunch. Sehun pouts at his Daddy’s plan but Junmyeon promises him that he gets to eat ice-cream while listening to the story. Plus, it would be better if their Baba is also there. Both Sehun and Jongin grin and they immediately leave him to play in their room. Not before they give one big kiss on each their Daddy’s cheeks though.

 

            Junmyeon watches the boys leave the room. A fond expression dances in his eyes. He recalls the memory when they first took them in as their sons. They were three years old when Junmyeon and Yixing took them in. Their initial plan was to adopt a baby, they thought it would be easier for them to bond with their adopted child since baby. However, the moment Junmyeon saw Sehun, he instantly fell for the little boy. After a short discussion with Yixing, they decided to adopt Sehun. The orphanage caretaker however looked reluctant to let Sehun go. She told Junmyeon that if Sehun were to be adopted, his best friend, Jongin would be sad. Sehun and Jongin came to the orphanage on the same day and they were inseparable ever since. According to the caretaker, both of Jongin and Sehun’s parents were involved in a massive accident and the two boys were among the lucky survivors. Coincidently, they don’t have any relatives who are willing to take care of them so the social service worker sent them to the orphanage.

 

            It was only after the caretaker’s explanation that Yixing noticed a little boy at the corner of the room. He looked like he almost cries.  Yixing went to the boy and sit in front of him.

 

            “Hey there buddy. What’s your name?” he asked.

 

            The boy looked at him shyly before softly told his name, “I’m Jongin.”

 

            Yixing smiled at him and introduced himself and Junmyeon. Jongin looked so timid and fragile and Yixing decided that it would be better to adopt Jongin as well. He knew Junmyeon would agree with his decision and he’s more than capable to raise two sons.

 

            “Would you like to live with me and my husband?”

 

            Jongin’s eyes widened and he nodded slowly. Yixing knew that Jongin knew they’re going to adopt Sehun too. He chuckled softly and ruffled Jongin’s soft hair. He then told the caretaker that he and Junmyeon will adopt both boys and will return after four days with the documents needed for the adoption. Before they left, they hugged Jongin and Sehun and promised them that they’ll return after four days to take the two boys with them and that they should get ready with their things.

 

            It is not hard to adapt their life with the additional of two boys. Both Junmyeon and Yixing love children and it’s not that difficult to capture their heart. They even moved to a bigger house two weeks after Jongin and Sehun came into their life. Both their adopted sons instantly became their parents’ apple of the eyes. They adored both boys and pampered them, sometimes more than Junmyeon and Yixing do. They promised themselves that they will raise their sons just like how their parents had raised them.

 

            Junmyeon’s down the memory lane is bring to a halt when he receives a phone call. It is Yixing, telling him that he’ll be back in an hour. Junmyeon stands up and go to the kitchen to prepare the lunch. Before that, he put the Jeju photo album on the coffee table in their living room. He and Yixing have a lot to tell their sons about that particular trip.

 

           

 

            Life is beautiful for Junmyeon and Yixing. Their relationship is not always rainbow and butterflies, they fight with each other along the way but they always managed to clear whatever misunderstanding that occurred. All they need to do was to calm down and sit down together to talk about whatever problems arise. Their love for each other grows each and every day. Sometimes they feel like their heart is not big enough to contain that love. They are thankful for the life that was given to them and there is no way that they would change them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is my second (kind of) sulay fic. I hope you enjoy thand sorry if there were any mistakes. Please leave your comment and let me know what dou guys think if this fic. Thank you for reading.