The Day You Said You Like Me

The Day You Said You Like Me

After their long busy schedule, the train of thoughts in Doyeon’s mind was unstoppable. Her members were asleep after their almost no break schedule.

They were on their way back to the dorm and it seemed like Doyeon was disturbed. She kept on asking herself if that will be aired.

“How come she said that while the cameras are rolling!”

“What if it got aired? Will our image be affected?”

“Did she really mean that?”

Thoughts after thoughts flew in Doyeon’s mind. She can’t help but think of what had happened awhile ago.

They were on a photoshoot and currently on break when the camera for their reality show started. She wished that sometimes these lenses will leave them alone but she had no choice but to comply with the company’s request. It’s for the fans, the fans that love her so much….Doyeon keeps on saying this to get away from her thoughts.

She thought that this will be a great opportunity to show her real self and let more people know about her. She remembered that she did not have much of an airtime during that almost 4 months survival show.

It was her turn and she started to tell the camera that this was how they relieve their stress. Eating! Yes, that’s how they relieve stress. Various foods were being catered on the venue of their photoshoot. The cheese sticks captured their attention and started munching with it. For some reason, the cheese sticks made them so excited.

While the others were doing their turns, Doyeon sat beside Nayoung and started to munch with it. Nayoung offered the cheese stick to Doyeon and asked her to eat it. While eating, the camera man of their reality show decided to focus on her.

She was asked as to why they were doing the photoshoot happily.

“Trying this happily…if we get stress…we’re doing this because we wanted to so we shouldn’t be getting stress, right?” she said to the camera man. While talking she heard a familiar voice talking to Nayoung, she disregarded it and continued with her explanation. She then heard Nayoung asking the same girl to sit down with them.

“I think we need to tolerate being sleep deprived as we do this….” she was not able to finished what she was saying as Nayoung was asking the girl to calm herself. She attempted not to be bothered but this girl, who’s getting her attention was doing the same thing.

She knew that the girl was bubbly, she knew that this girl will not flinch or get angry. She knew that this girl was just so cherry and all…she knew that Yeonjung was just an optimistic girl trying to spread a happy virus. Yeonjung, that girl who always talks to her when she is still talking, that girl who always want to take her attention when she is talking to somebody else. Yeonjung always does that.

She wondered why does Yeonjung wanted her attention. She wondered why Yeonjung always try to get into whenever she was talking to someone. She lost it…she had to ask.

“This girl” she pointed at Yeonjung.

“…whenever I try to say something she keeps on going, Doyeon-ah Doyeon-ah and acts like this to me” she continued, she can’t believe Yeonjung just laugh at it while she was saying that but what surprised her the most was Yeonjung’s reply.

“It’s because I like you!” Yeonjung responded.

Doyeon was beyond shock after hearing that from Yeonjung. She can’t help but flinched on what Yeonjung had just said.

“What?” she thought to herself. She wondered why Nayoung did not even bantered to join in. She thought that maybe Nayoung was just busy eating or just being her real stone Nayoung self.

“I can’t believe she says that on air!” Doyeon said it again on her mind.

Her best friend, Yoojung was sitting beside her and saw that Doyeon was in distressed. She knows her best friend well and she can tell that the girl was drowning from her thoughts. Yoojung noticed that Doyeon keep on glancing on the girl sitting on their right. The bubbly was sleeping peacefully and this confused the tall visual.

“Are you alright?” Yoojung finally pop the bubble in Doyeon’s head.

“Yes, I’m just tired I guess.” She replied nonchalantly.

“You should take a rest. Maybe sleeping would help” Yoojung suggested.

Doyeon nodded and closed her eyes, Yoojung somehow feel at eased when she saw Doyeon sleeping but no, she was wide awake, her eyes were just closed but she was awake.

The car reach their dorm and they entered one by one. When Doyeon was about to stand up, her eyes meet the eyes of the person whom she’s being thinking of. As usual, Yeonjung smiled at her brightly and Doyeon can’t help but smile too.

The girls went to their respective room. Since all 11 of them where in the dorm, they have to take turns. They always decide by rock, paper, scissors and as expected Sohye always win. Doyeon’s luck was not with her thus on a losing streak and end up being the 10th one to take a shower. What’s more funny was Yeonjung being the last one to wash up.

Doyeon stayed in the living room, tried to watch TV to distract herself but it was not helping her. All of a sudden, Nayoung sat with her who’s trying to dry her hair.

“Something is bothering you, right?” the leader asked.

“No, I’m fine unnie.” Doyeon lied.

“I may posses a poker face but I know when how you girls look when something is bothering you. She’s making you confuse right?” Doyeon froze upon hearing that from Nayoung. She thought no one noticed.

“Unnie….how did you…”

“I was there Doyeon-ah, I saw that look in your face when she said she likes you. I know that shocked you when she said it in front of the camera.”

“Unnie, I don’t know, I don’t understand  if she is being real or what?”

“Do you like her?” Nayoung asked. This shocked Doyeon even more. She knows that she was careful enough not to tell everyone about her feelings but she was utterly shocked that this was coming from her unnie.

“That’s why you are confused, cause you like her even before” Nayoung added. Doyeon sigh, by this, Nayoung was able to confirm that the tall visual has a feelings for their main vocalist.

“I don’t know what to do unnie” she said. Nayoung smiled at her and pat her on the head. They then hear a loud voice coming from the biggest room in the dorm. Yeonjung was with Kyulkyung and they were goofing around. Nayoung called them and asked Yeonjung to sit. Kyulkyung was clueless but Nayoung drag her back to their room. She told Kyulkyung and the rest not to go out and leave the two alone.

“You two should talk.” Nayoung said, Yeonjung was clueless as well as to what was happening. Doyeon was protesting but Nayoung will not take no for an answer. The tall girl sighed.

“What’s wrong Doyeon-ah? the cider vocalist asked.

“I…..I was…a while ago…I” Doyeon can’t muster her sentence. Yeonjung grabbed her hard and smile at her brightly. Her eyes were sparkling and Doyeon’s heart was racing. Yeonjung nodded and asking Doyeon to continue.

“I like you” Doyeon said while her eyes was closed. Yeonjung was waiting for her to finish as she knew that there was more to it.

“I was wondering if what you said during our pictorial awhile ago was true?” Doyeon asked with a lot of anticipation. Doyeon was not ready for being rejected but she knew that she should be prepared for whatever Yeonjung’s answer will be.

To Doyeon’s surprised, Yeonjung laughed. She look at Doyeon and then laugh again. This hit Doyeon and she knew that Yeonjung was about to reject her. She thought that Yeonjung must be joking. Yeonjung was still laughing and she looked at Doyeon. She finally stopped and held Doyeon’s hand. She lifted Doyeon’s chin that made them stare in each other’s eyes.

“Of course, I like you too. I thought you know that I choose you as the most beautiful among us before?”

“I thought you just find me pretty”

“Stupid! I even said I had a crush on you!” the bubbly girl said.

“So this mean that you and me…are”

“Yes!”

Nayoung was in her room, listening to  them. She smiled in admiration as she finds the two girls finally confessing to each other. She was happy to know that the two girls were finally made clear what they fell for each other.

“You become a successful cupid again, I see” her roommate Chungha said. Nayoung looked at her and smile. She also helped Chungha and Sejeong to confessed to one another.

“When will you tell Minkyung about your feelings unnie?” Nayoung looked at Chungha and shrug her shoulders. It was hard for Nayoung to talk to Minkyung because of her hectic schedule. She went to her bed and sat looking down on the floor, she was about to speak when they heard Somi shouting.

“Doyeon and Yeonjung unnie kissed each other! They are dating!” they heard Somi from the outside. The maknae then barge in the unnie line room and shouted the same thing. Chungha and Nayoung looked at each other and laughed at the maknae.