Hello!

The Diary of Mr. Police Officer
Please log in to read the full chapter

A.N: Honestly, I never go to the police station more than twice in my life XD This oneshot is set up at a village, where the police will patrol the area by using bicycle. So, it's not weird if Jungkook will meet with lots of people at the station and during patrol. It's pretty laid back (?) and peaceful village, so enjoy it! Yes, it's kinda manga style village setting >.< Oh, I thought I would mention any other BTS members, but unfortunately, I didn't have chance too. 

 

 

Jungkook clasped both hands, brought them until his chin and closed his eyes when he stood in front of his parents' pictures. While praying for his safety, he wished that both of his parents were happy there. It was his routine in every morning. No matter when his shift was, he would take a moment to stand in front of their pictures hanging at the living room and prayed in his heart.

After finished with his prayer, he beamed to his parents broadly. Their smiling pictures always brought him good mood every time he saw them. Their smiles were exactly the same with when they were alive. He remembered vividly when his mother would greet him nicely when he went home from school, showing her cakes which always fresh from the oven. And also the smile from his father whenever he was back from work and gave him a love whack on head because being too naughty at school.

He wished to go back at those times, and changed his attitude better towards his parents. Don't get it wrong. He was a good son for them, just a little naughty and gave them headache sometimes whenever the teachers called them about what he had done in school. He was a famous delinquent/little gangster wannabe during middle school and high school. Despite of having a police father, he never tried to be as nice as his father. A little troublemaker, they would say.

Vandalism, peeking at girl's changing room, throwing rock to the students who rode with bicycles, pranking the teachers... Well, just name any naughty things cross into your mind, Jungkook and his gang already did that all. Except the bad acts like stealing, smoking and taking drug, of course. They never tried that as his father would chase them until the end of the village and leave them in the jungle behind the mountains for tigers' meal. I'm not lying but his father threatened that. They witnessed their senior, who lived across the street and tried to smoke in front of his house being beaten by his own father. And it wasn't a good scene to watch.

Being boys living in a small village, doing something terrible could make everyone get angry with them as they always thought that their neighbor's child is their child as well. You can say that it was a peaceful village, with all villagers were concerned about each other. It wasn't a poor village like some of you might thinking. The facilities there were good, less crimes and of course people there lived in harmony.

Back to his situation, Jungkook took his police cap on the table under his parents' pictures and again, smiling brightly at them. As if they were watching his movement. Yes, Jungkook is being a police officer, like what his late father wished he became to. After both of his parents died in an accident which was after he graduated high school, Jungkook determined to achieve his father's dream. He thought that by achieving that dream, his father could sleep in peace and his mother would be happy with him.

He wasn't a sad son anymore, but trying to be a son who they would proud.

Jungkook then went towards the window and found someone waved at him happily. He couldn't help himself from chuckling and signed to that person to wait for him. After taking the things he needed, he finally went out from his house before receiving a hug.

"Hyung! Let's go!"

It was Eunwoo who was his neighbor's son. He was five years old and really loved to be around Jungkook, treating him like his own older brother. Turning his right, he saw his neighbor, Eunwoo's mother beamed friendly to him and thanked him for helping her to send his son to the kindergarten. Yes, it was another morning routine of him too. He nodded his head and mouthed that he didn't mind to help as he thought Eunwoo as his own brother as well. Eunwoo bounced while hugging Jungkook, trying to get his hyung attention. Jungkook then bent his legs so that he was at the same eye level with Eunwoo.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes!" Eunwoo practically screamed in delight, making Jungkook laughed again. This kid never lost his energy.

Jungkook went to get his bicyle and put Eunwoo at the back before started to cycle.

Off to the Sunshine Kindergarten.

 

Jungkook nodded in acknowledgement when he met with Mrs. Hwang's eyes, the other officer on duty on that morning shift. In that police station, there would be just three officers per shift, so the third officers was missing. Jungkook then quirked his eyebrow, asking about another officer.

"He goes patrolling first." Mrs. Hwang replied in monotone and continued to eat the cracker she brought from home.

Jungkook flashed a grin and held out his hand, asking for a cracker to eat together. "That's quite early. I believe it's not 9 o'clock yet." He referred about the time to start patrolling.

Mrs. Hwang shrugged her shoulder. "Excited, I think. He had been taking emergency leaves before."

Jungkook then took a seat beside Mrs. Hwang behind the counter. He took a look at a small cell behind them and sighed.

"I'm not complaining, but since we don't have people to fill in the cell, it becomes quite boring."

Mrs. Hwang laughed motherly. "Oh, Kook-ah. You should be grateful we don't have anyone to arrest now." She ate again. "That shows our area is peaceful."

"But, I always see the same faces. You, Mr. Kang, Daehyun-hyung, Ms. Soo Jung..."

"Nah~ Don't you forget you have little fans out there? They're probably coming soon enough."

It was Jungkook's turn to chuckle. "Oh, how could I forget them. Okay. I'm taking back my words."

Mrs. Hwang was right and Jungkook shook his head. How could he forget the fact that this police station would be crowded and visited sometimes in one day. It was impossible not to have any visitor there, just to meet them and telling some stories. He didn't mind to join them as he thought it was a duty for him too. After all, his father said that it was a must for a police officer to meet and greet those visitors.

They had done eating, so it was the time to get back to work. As Mrs. Hwang was pregnant her second child, they suggested her not to do some heavy work. Instead of that, they gave her to do some office works so that she didn't need to walk around much. So, during this shift, only Jungkook and the third officer would do the labor work.

Jungkook glanced the clock on the wall, showing that it was already 9 am. As the third officer had already left for patrolling, he would take turn after this, which was two hours after. For the time being, he decided to wait for one of them to come because it almost the time for them to come.

"They will coming soon enough." Mrs. Hwang said without leaving her eyes from the computer's screen. She was typing a report which needed to be written daily.

Jungkook straightened his back to look over the counter. There was nobody coming yet so he shrugged his shoulder. 

"I wonder who..."

Until he suddenly heard a loud scream and cries outside the station. His tips of lips curved upward and he felt glad. Finally, he got job to do. Jungkook excused himself, telling Mrs. Hwang that he was a great crisis to solve outside, resulting the pregnant mom letting a soft chuckle while doing her work. Then, he took a fake black gun and slipped into the gun's case at his belt, just in case. Well, he usually didn't bring the real gun around, only baton to bring with during patrol. So, the fake one was just for an act.

He went to the door, pushed it before standing in akimbo, eyeing the person who made the noise.

"What are you guys doing, kiddos?"

A snotty kid returned a look at Jungkook with teary eyes. He slightly hiccupped and looked extremely sad and frightened at the same time when Jungkook was at his sight. Then, he pointed to another kid who was gritting his  teeth and shooting a glare at Jungkook, as if the older boy was interrupting something seriously.

"He broke my lollipop." He hiccupped. "Ahjusshi. Please help me."

Jungkook couldn't help himself for laughing when the snotty boy took a breath, taking his snot back into his nose and sneezed. He was so adorable, but too bad that Jungkook couldn't give him a hug. He put his fist on his mouth and cleared his throat, pretending to be serious back.

He furrowed his eyebrows and studied about the other boy's reaction. He seemed didn't get affected even after Jungkook shot him a look.

"I’m not scared with you, ugly ahjusshi!" The boy literally shouted but Jungkook could know that the kid was afraid with him.

'Wuu. That's interesting.'

Jungkook stepped forward towards them and bent his knees to meet their eyes at the same level. He held the both of their arms and gave a squeeze.

"What is your name, boy?" Jungkook asked the snotty kid first.

He gave a timid glance and then looked down at his feet. "S-Sungjae."

"And you?" Jungkook turned to another kid.

The kid refused to look at him and struggled a little bit. He wasn’t fond with Jungkook to hold his arm, so he tried to pull his arm. Jungkook shook his head in disapproval.

"I won't let it go if you're not telling me your name, boy."

The kid pouted. "I'm not a boy. I'm a girl and Namjoo is my name."

Jungkook nearly coughed, choking his breath. It wasn't his first time to make mistake of guessing the kids' gender, but Namjoo was indeed looking like a little boy around five years old. Jungkook bet with his money in the bank that he wasn't the only one to make the mistake. He gave an apologetic smile and rubbed her arm.

"I'm so sorry, okay, agasshi." As he promised, he let Namjoo's arm go, only holding Sungjae's arm. "Now, tell me. What had happened actually, in detail?"

Namjoo glared at Sungjae, threatening the boy not to tell anything. Well, Sungjae actually already told Jungkook about the lollipop, so he knew about them. He just wanted them to explain themselves more. Communication is the key, guys.

When seeing Namjoo glaring at Sungjae, Jungkook shook his head and gave her another disapproval look. Namjoo chose to ignore and because Jungkook seemed could protect him, Sungjae began to talk.

"My mom bought a lollipop, a pretty one. So, I brought to the school to show to everyone." Sungjae hiccupped again and started to sob. "B-But then, Namjoo took it and smashed it on the floor. It broke... I cannot eat it now."

Jungkook Sungjae's back and nodded a couple times, showing his understanding. Sungjae then gripped Jungkook's sleeves, meeting with his eyes with those requesting look. Namjoo made a 'tsk' sound and folded her arms, a sign to protect.

"And agasshi, is that true?"

Namjoo bit her bottom lip and slowly nodded.

Please log in to read the full chapter