Finale

Angelic You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sana! You went off tune again!"

"I'm sorry!"

Sana squeaked timidly after her teacher screamed at her for the umpteenth time. She cleared and strained her vocal cords to produce certain sounds accordingly so that she wouldn't have to screw up.

"Sana! The pitch is wrong!"

The teacher screeched as she pointed at the music score held up on the music stand, Sana instinctively crouched herself and shut her eyes tightly when she could feel saliva splattering all over her face.

Although being the best student in the choir club, or even the main vocal in performances and also someone who had won mulitple awards for her outstanding vocal abilities that could touch the deepest part of human's heart.

"You're not good enough!"

Sana flinched.

"Yeah...I know...."

The teacher calmed down and heaved a loud sigh before waving her hands off, dismissing Sana but not before she had give another lecture about how she should do a proper alibi.

Sana grumbled lowly, her chest churning with discontent, just remembering how her vocals were critized made her hackles rise.

"I'm just never good enough."

Sana sighed defeatedly as she decided to take a stroll at the school's garden, the pressure from her peer's expectation had been piling higher than mount everest on her and she needs to release them before she break down.

As much as she wants to free herself like a liberated bird with no boundaries, the thoughts just chained her down like weights. Although the scenaries are breath-takingly beautiful, Sana's mind were occupied and she spare no attention to take a closer look.

She loved singing, singing made her felt happy, it made her felt like as if she is flying and soaring through the sky. It's like yelling out our worries and spilling out your frustrations to the endless blue sky. It was that comfortable.

But it didn't last for long when her wings were ripped off harshly, when everyone's expectation dawned onto her, restricting her from touching the same sky or enjoying the same freedom.

"I hate singing! Argghhh!!"

As contradicting as she is, she reached out for the music sheets from her bag and inspected the notes. She waringly looked around the garden, only to find herself accompanied by floras and faunas.

She took a deep breathe through as she tried to calm her thumping heart. She is always nervous whenever she attempts to sing, there is certainly no reason to as she is alone and free from scoldings. But it must have become a habit for Sana to do self-reflection after every song, she must point out her own mistakes and work on it till its perfect. Nothing on earth is perfect, and this is exactly why Sana's throat is sore and swollen everyday.

'It still hurts.'
Sana hissed as she caressed before frowing at the marked notes on the sheets. She bit her lips as she nervously opened and tried to hit the note.

She secretly felt happy when she successfully executed her vocals right, she tried another time and it sounded exactly like how it did when her teacher sang the song.

"It's perfect!"

"Of course it is!"

Sana flinched in surprise upon the foreign voice and snapped her neck back, only to see a girl crouching in the bushes of leaves, staring at her curiously.

"Who are you?!"

"I'm Tzu-"

"Were you listening?!"

Sana scoffed in disbelief as she studied the brunette's bright features, appearing unflattered by Sana's unfriendliness.

"No, i wasn't. But you still sound beautiful."

The girl stretched her smile and had her eyes all squinted up although she was the one who had complimented Sana who wasn't a bit impressed.

"Me? Huh. Don't try to make me laugh."

The girl's smile dropped in confusion, not aware of why Sana is not keen about how her own voice.

"But you were-"

"Whatever, creep. Don't go around poking your nose into everything you are interested in."

Sana spatted harshly before gathering her things hastily and walking away from the weird girl. Sana was bewildered, she had never once been willing to reveal her abilities to anyone and yet she had been careless enough to sing infront of a stranger.

"Weird."

Sana muttered as she shot a glance at the Hazel-brown headed girl who is still squatting in the bushes, looking extremely dejected and upset. Sana's heart stinged upon the crest-fallen expression plastered on the girl's face but her ego decided to put a stop and lead her away.

"Whatever, she is not going to appear anymore."

-------------------------

This is the second time. And the weird girl is not even hiding anymore. Sana arched her eyebrow in amusement and bored her eyes into the girl who had no idea that she was annoying the hell out of Sana.

"Why are you here again?"

"I want to hear you sing!"

Sana frowned when her heart fluttered upon the girl's blissful smile, and furthermore it was all because of Sana's simple initiative to strike a conversation first. She jutted her jaw and looked away from the girl, trying to hide her roseate blush.

'She will leave after she had listen to me anyways, this is the second time that she had came for me.'

Sana furrowed her brows into a knot,

'She will get tired of it soon, like everyone else.'

Sana shot a glance at the girl looking at her with those eyes- that bears something she couldn't explain, the surge of energy and youth was literally overwhelming, she can't help it but smile upon the girl's tactics.

"What are you going to sing?"

Sana pondered for a while before taking a look at the music sheets, she squinted her eyes at the paper with much difficulty before stuttering,

 "Amor mio, si muero y tu no mueres." 

The girl creased up her brows in amusement but still grinned as she leaned back onto the bench.

"It will be very beautiful."

Sana chuckled before clearing , she could feel the girl's gaze on her, it is starting to make her feel nervous but still, she managed to conquer her fear,

She was panting she had finished, her mind had instantly blanked out and she had no impression on her mistakes. But as if all those worries and chains vanished, her ultimate goal to satisfy is only the girl, still wearing that proud smile.

"You've done great! Like always!"

And just for a moment, she could see herself back to the sky again.

"Sorry for my outrageous behaviour last time, may i please have your name?"

As if the girl has been waiting for this since forever, she flashed her set of white teeth with a grin and answered,

"Chou Tzuyu!"

-------------------------------

Tzuyu kept coming, Sana couldn't count. But they've probably form some kind of friendship between them but Sana knew nothing about the girl.

"Say...why are you never in your uniform?"

Sana spoke softly, trying to strike a conversation.

"Tzuyu..?"

Sana patted Tzuyu's shoulder to bring her out of her daydream, she immediately responded to Sana's touch as she turned to look at her.

"Pardon me, I've blanked out just now, what were you saying?"

"I was asking, why were you never in your uniform?"

Tzuyu's expression turned rigid and pale, she nervously chuckled before looking away and said,

"You see, I've some special arrangement with the principal, through bargains, I was finally allowed to wear casual outfit to school."

Tzuyu let out a loose chuckle before looking back at Sana who seemly was convinced.

"And say one more...Tzuyu..."

Sana stared at her intently,

"Why do keep looking at my lips?"

--------------------------------

The snowflakes have descended.

Sana has caught a very bad cold today, has swelled up badly and even swallowing hurts for her. Sana huddled herself under thick layers of fabric as she waddled her way into the chilling garden.

But today is an exception, the garden felt very empty. In fact, Sana thought a part of her was missing when Tzuyu was absent. Although they haven't agreed on these typical meet ups during lunch, it almost had became a routine for Sana to make visits to the girl who would wait for her on this bench everyday.

Sana could feel her mood dropping into pit bottom when she realised that Tzuyu really wasn't there. Did something happen? Or did she get tired of listening to her? That's why she wasn't there?

Sana sighed as she decided to sing alone, without her favourite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter