Final

Are We Exclusive?

Kang Seulgi is pissed why she is bothered.

 

She knows she shouldn’t be. She knows there is no reason for her to be. She knows that but she still rushes passed them — Bae Joohyun and Song Minho — and ignores her ex-best friend’s call after seeing her.

 

Minho catches her hand. “Hey, wait. We’re not done talking.”

 

“About what?”

 

“About us.”

 

The older girl smiles at that and looks at Minho’s eyes. “What us? Excuse me but I have to follow Seulgi.”

 

But Minho won’t let her hand go, looking seriously at her.

 

Pissed off, Joohyun pulls her hand. “Did you see who that was?” she glares at him. “That’s Seulgi, Minho. That’s my best friend. I will follow her.”

 

Of course, following someone like Seulgi proves to be a harder task but she already knows that. She knows her best friend can disappear from the face of the earth for as long as she wants if Seulgi means it but fortunately, she doesn’t mean to disappear from the face of the earth, yet, because Joohyun still finds her in one of her secret apartments.

 

Seriously, Joohyun can’t fathom why Seulgi needs to have eight apartments, four of which are the only ones known to Joohyun because she has been there. Seulgi only declares two, at most, to acquaintances and no one probably knows the location of all eight except her.

 

If they’re really only eight, Joohyun thinks to herself.

 

Fortunately, Seulgi doesn’t seem to be in the mood to hide that much because Joohyun finds her in one of her secret apartments just near her declared apartment. Her hiding must have come last minute because she knows that if her best friend truly wants to hide, she’ll have to hire the FBI or CIA to find Seulgi.

 

Joohyun knows the password of the place.

 

Seulgi is on her bed, bawling her eyes out, and hiccupping endlessly. She immediately sees Joohyun and can’t help but glare at her even thought she has been telling herself not to care. “What are you doing here? Get out,” she cries in between hiccups. “I don’t want to see you. Get out.”

 

Of course, Joohyun doesn’t leave but climbs Seulgi’s bed instead. “Why are you crying?” she asks.

 

“Why am I crying? Why do you think?” Seulgi glares at her again, her eyes thinning into less than a line. “Get out, Joohyun. I don’t want to see you. I don’t want to talk to you.”

 

“Seulgi,” the older begins again.

 

“Get out! Get out! Get out!” the younger begins shouting, hysterically throwing her covers and pillows at Joohyun.

 

Joohyun’s eyes widen and thankfully, she knows Seulgi’s apartments are always soundproof. She knows Seulgi hates being heard when she doesn’t want to and hearing what she has no intention to hear as well.

 

“GET OU —”

 

This time, Seulgi’s eyes widen, unable to speak anymore.

 

Joohyun deepens the kiss, pushing deeper into Seulgi’s dry lips, the corners with dried tears. Then, she begins moving her hands from Seulgi’s neck to her shoulders and…

 

“What the are you doing?!” Seulgi pushes her, her mind hazy. There are still stray tears in her eyes and she still hiccups but she has stopped crying. She looks at her ex-best friend, feeling more betrayed than when she saw her kissing some guy.

 

“What? You don’t like it?” Joohyun innocently asks, moving to kiss her again.

 

“Joohyun, what the ?!” the younger pushes her again. She has completely stopped crying but her entire body is shaking.

 

“I thought you’ll like it.”

 

“Like what?!” Now, Seulgi is mad. “Can you — Can you stop this ing nonsense? Can you just go? Can you just leave me alone? When I told you I think I am in love with you, I never asked for anything. I didn’t even ask you to consider me. But now — What the do you think you’re doing?”

 

Joohyun knows Seulgi is really mad now. Her best friend’s hair is all over her head and her eyes are the biggest she has ever seen. “I’m sorry,” she blurts out.

 

“Please leave. Just leave,” Seulgi shakes her head. “I don’t need you right now. Not you or your empty kisses. Don’t you know that’s ual harassment?”

 

The older can’t help but giggle. “I thought you enjoyed it. You kissed me back.”

 

“And you’ll keep taking advantage of me because of the fact that I love you,” the younger gives a weak smile, shaking her head and looking at Joohyun’s eyes, hurt.

 

“That’s not —”

 

“Just leave me the alone.”

 

Joohyun and Seulgi stare at each other’s eyes for about ten hours. Probably ten seconds that feels like ten hours before Joohyun moves to climb out of Seulgi’s bed while saying, “I’m sorry I kissed you. I shouldn’t have. I know how you feel for me. I know, I’m an .”

 

Seulgi watches her walk out of her…

 

“But I’m not leaving. I’m not leaving you, Seulgi.”

 

The younger drops and just wants to shout again. But she controls herself and merely stares at this person she both wants to strangle and have with — maybe at the same moment now.

 

“What do you want from me?” she finally asks, sinking in her pillows, covering her eyes and crying again. She feels more ty than a . “I know it’s my fault for catching feelings. But what do you want from me, Joohyun? It’ll all be easier if you just avoid me, pretend I don’t exist. But if you keep doing this, if you keep leading me on… Then, I’ll actually believe —”

 

She doesn’t continue anymore as she begins crying again.

 

Joohyun doesn’t want to see her like. She never wants to be the reason for her best friend’s tears because she can still remember their promise during middle school about how they’ll hunt whoever will make each other cry to the ends of the earth. But more and more these days, starting when she learned about Seulgi’s feelings for her, she realizes she’s breaking that promise herself.

 

She moves towards the bed again and almost kisses Seulgi again.

 

Fortunately, this time, Seulgi pushes her before she can do that. “I ing swear I’ll kill you,” she begins saying, wiping the tears from her swollen eyes.

 

Joohyun catches her hands and sits on top of her, staring deep in her eyes.

 

Seulgi stares right back at her. “What? Are you going to me now?”

 

“No,” the older calmly says but she doesn’t let go of the younger’s hands.

 

“I am not your , Joohyun.”

 

“I know. You’re my best friend. And I’m an of a best friend.”

 

“What do you want from me?” Seulgi finally surrenders, feeling the fatigue of a broken heart and a mind who just wants to stop thinking for three whole days without dying. She realizes she actually still wants to live even though she will most likely end up alone.

 

She looks at Joohyun’s eyes and she sees the person she is in love with.

 

“Time,” Joohyun whispers.

 

“Time?” Seulgi repeats, confused.

 

“I’m not — I don’t know how I feel for you. I’m not sure if it’s how you feel for me and I don’t want you to expect. I don’t want to give you false hope and then hurt you in the end. I don’t want to hurt you, Seulgi,” Joohyun confesses, her eyes never leaving her best friend’s. “But I want to be with you all the time. I want to watch movies with you and try different restaurants with you. I want to enjoy thrilling rollercoaster rides with you and quiet rides on the Ferris Wheel with you. I want to try exotic foods with you and I want to try baking with you. I want to — I think I want you.”

 

Seulgi’s not sure if she is hearing it correctly. “Want me like what?”

 

Joohyun suddenly drops her weight to Seulgi, resting her face on the crook of Seulgi’s neck. “I don’t know,” she mutters. “I don’t know.”

 

Seulgi’s not taking any of this . “You can’t not know and expect me to just wait while you kiss just anyone you want to kiss.”

 

“What? What are you talking about?” Joohyun looks up at her.

 

“You and Minho. I saw the two of you kissing.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Don’t deny it, Joohyun. I saw you.”

 

Joohyun is actually laughing. “Did you actually see our lips touch? Because we so are not kissing, Seulgi. He’s merely making his lame moves on me while I step on his foot every time he tries to do something.” Then, she realizes something. “Is that — Was that the reason why you were running? Because you thought we were kissing and he’s my boyfriend and we’ll get married soon?”

 

Seulgi actually throws Joohyun out of her bed. “Don’t flatter yourself too much, Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun climbs up again. “Seulgi,” she begins, reaching for her best friend’s face.

 

Seulgi makes a face at her. “I hate you.”

 

Joohyun gives her a peck on the lips. “Well, I love you.”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widen. “WILL YOU STOP KISSING ME?!”

 

Suddenly, the older moves on top of her again, whispering, “You were asking me what I want from you.”

 

“And you told me time. I get it. Now get off me.”

 

“And other than that…”

 

“What?”

 

“I think I want you know,” Joohyun leans down but stops before her lips can meet Seulgi’s. “May I?”

 

“You’re really an . Do you know that?” Seulgi frowns.

 

“May I?” the older repeats again, craving.

 

Seulgi stares at her and without anymore words, Joohyun leans down and kisses her on the lips, on the neck, all over her face. “This is just one time. Do you hear me?” the younger whispers, moving along every kiss Joohyun leaves her body.

 

Joohyun giggles but stops shortly.

 

“What?” Seulgi asks, frustratedly feeling the need all of the sudden because of Joohyun’s ministrations.

 

“How can you think I’ll choose someone else over you?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“I thought you’re straight.”

 

“I also thought you’re straight before.”

 

“Do you… Do you still need more time?”

 

“I will always choose you over someone else.”

 

“Is that a yes or a no?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

 

A/N:

Is it obvious I still haven't gotten over the whole best friend-y plot for Seulgi and Irene? Kkk. I did my best not making this angsty. This is the best "happy ending" I can do for them, guys. I hope you guys are doing better than me. I am close to quitting work right now. I just want to be a hermit. LMAO. - Elle