Final

See you for the last time

In the empty streets only one body lingered, as it was a part of his daily ritual. The light haired male strolled through the slippery streets, yellow lights of the street lights shinning upon his brown hair making it to appear lighter. It was snowing. He let out a puff of air and rubbed his hands together to make them warm before putting them in his jacket pockets again. He heard footsteps from nearby and as he turned around he was met with a boy with dark hair. His big eyes shinning in the street lights. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hi." The light haired male smiled. "I'm Taehyung. What's your name?" 

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." 

Taehyung chucked, " Really? But you're talking to me right now." He looked at the shorter male fondly. " Why are you walking alone in the streets at midnight? Boys your age should be in bed right now. Don't you have school tomorrow?" 

"Christmas holidays." The dark haired boy replied plainly. 

Taehyung stood there a bit awkwardly. The shorter male was just staring at him with his huge eyes. 

"Why are you here?" The boy finally spoke.

" Oh. Just killing time." Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck and let out an awkward laugh. 

"Everyday? You sure have a lot of time to waste ajussi."

"A-ajussi?" Taehyung's mouth was wide open in shock. "I'm not that old!" He defended himself then suddenly he realized something. "How do you know I come here everyday?" 

The boy shrugged and spoke, "My house is next to that tree." He pointed towards a tree.

"I thought you didn't talk to strangers." Taehyung smirked. 

The dark haired boy shrugged again and there was an uncomfortable silence between them. Taehyung went to sit on the bench and looked towards short boy and patted on the empty space beside him. He looked towards Taehyung with a blank expression but then sat down with him. "You know." Taehyung began. "You're right, I have a lot of time to waste." He gave a sad smile. "I used to come here with someone I loved dearly. I lost him. I wander in these streets at midnight. Like we used to do. To think that maybe my heart would feel at ease. I'd stop hurting. But..But it still hurts."

"Then why do you keep coming back?" 

"I dont know." Taehyung gives a sad smile. "I just keep coming back. Wondering if I would get a glimpse of that breathtaking face again."

"Where did he go?" He dark haired boy asked with his large eyes staring into Taehyung's. 

"I went far away. He'd probably be mad at me for leaving him."

"Why did you leave him?" 

"I didn't have any choice." Taehyung smiled. "You're too young for it. Someday you'll understand."

"I'm seven. I'm not that young." The boy mumbled. 

"Oh so you're a big boy now." Taehyung chuckled. There wqs silence but then he heard the boy singing. "You have a beautiful voice ." 

The boy just nodded and looked in font blankly. "You know..." Taehyung began. "That song you sang. He used to sing it too." He smiled. "He had a voice of an angel. He is an angel."

"You must miss him a lot."

"You can no idea." There was a pause. "If you don't mind me asking. Aren't your parents worried or anything? You're here talking to a stranger its one in the morning." 

"My appa isn't home yet. He works late." The boy simply replied.

"So you're ok being all alone? Sitting here like that?"

"Like I said. It's holidays and I don't have much to do. So I stay up late and wait for appa. He works so hard. I can atleast wait for him." Taehyung nodded slowly.  "Ajussi." He looked towards the little boy. "Why do I have a feeling I've seen you before?" The little boy narrowed his eyes. 

Taehyung shrugged. " The world is a small place. You might've seen me." He smiled. "I think I've seen you before too."

"Maybe we have met?" 

"Maybe." 

"I dont know why I'm telling you this. But I feel like I can trust you." 

"Go ahead." Taehyung gave a gentle smile.

"Appa is always sad. He told me before that I had a father. But he's not there anymore. He's in heaven. They both adopted me when I was a baby." Taehyung nodded slowly and looked at the boy with a sad expression. "I dont know how my dad looked like but I've heard he was really handsome. Everyone called him V." 

There was silence. Then the little boy glanced at his watch. "Oh! I should get going. Appa would be here in five minutes." 

"Sure." Taehyung smiled. "And... don't tell Jungkook you met me alright?" 

"OK!" The little boy nodded and smiled widely. "It was nice talking to you ajussi. I usually don't talk to strangers but you're nice." Taehyung patted his head and the boy heard someone calling him. He turned around and saw a familiar figure. "Appa!" He ran towards the male and hugged his legs.

"What are you doing out here at this hour? And why were you standing there? What were you mumbling?" 

"I was talking to the ajussi over there-" The boy turned around but there was no one there.  "Who?" Jungkook frowned and looked in the direction where his son was pointing.

"He was there." 

"I didn't saw anyone when I came. You were just standing there and talking to yourself. That's what made me worried." 

"That ajussi must be really fast." He mumbled. " He was right in now letting appa know about him. Wait how did he know appa's name?" 

"You're talking to yourself again." Jungkook pointed out and sighed. "Oh well. Let's go inside. I brought take out."

"Yay! I was so hungry." 

"I'm sorry you had to wait." 

"It's ok appa. You don't need to worry...."

The voices faded as the two figures disappeared from the street not knowing that a figure was watching them just by a little distance. "Thank you for giving me a chance to see them again. I'm sorry jungkookah I couldn't talk to you. But I wasn't allowed to. He looked upwards and gave smile. "I'll be coming back now."