The Boy With Cherry Blossom Hair

Amongst Sleeping Dogs

Chapter 2

The Boy With Cherry Blossom Hair

 

After making their way through the large double doors, the four prisoners silently parted ways. Namjoon had kept his head down, following a group of other men roughly his own size down the left corridor of the hallway whilst Jimin walked on forward, Hoseok at his heel as if to not get lost.


Hoseok had no idea where Yoongi had gone; seemingly disappeared after passing the guard at the door and the brunette had no idea where he was staying; he didn't want to seem needy enough to ask questions about the boy he'd just met either.


Hoseok and Jimin had gone back to their cell. The evening was generous to the inmates, cooling down as if to give them some time to be free from damp fringes soaked with sweat, and the small window high above the second bunk Jimin and him shared smiled a warm sunset through its thick bars. Before dark, Officer Jin had passed their cell alongside a few others, lightly banging against the barred door with his baton; a small, genuine smile graced his handsome features as he offered them to spend some time in the lounge with a few others to watch a movie, a reward for their good behaviour since Hoseok's arrival. Hoseok didn't want to go, the other inmates still gave him anxiety to be around but at the mention of Harley Quinn, Jimin had already begun dragging the brunette off the bottom bunk and out the door, obviously thrilled about the situation.


Hoseok and Jimin sat together in the lounge area. Together they took advantage of the far side of the room, a small couch with ripped lining fit for two slightly distanced from the other inmates, who shared broken armchairs and wooden stools. Nobody seemed to mind their seating situation, most eyes glued to the old style TV that played Suicide Squad just loud enough that it wouldnt cause a disturbance; they seemed happy enough to be away from their beds atleast and Hoseok would agree that it felt like some kind of freedom.


Namjoon and Yoongi were nowhere to be seen. The room accompanied only the two and about seven other inmates, mostly from their cell block area, and the brunette wondered if the others had their own reward system in their areas too. Wherever they were, that is.


Jimin sat with his feet under his knees as he watched the movie closely, leaning his head on the other males shoulder as if he was the most comfortable pillow and Hoseok didnt have the heart to tell him to move. Hoseok wasnt exactly uncomfortable, and he didnt really mind. In fact, despite only being there just over a week or so the elder had already grown quite fond of the owner of cherry blossom hair that rested on his arm, and he could understand Jimin's desire for comfort so he let the younger boy be, making no attempt to pull him closer, yet no attempt to push him away either.


"I'll do that for you one day, hyung."

Only when Jimin spoke did Hoseok realise how little attention he'd been paying to the movie. Hoseok felt Jimin's laugh travel from his shoulderblade to his fingertips as he darted his eyes to the screen; the character they both knew as Joker was throwing a rope for Harley Quinn to catch as he arrives at the scene to take her away in his helicopter.


"You'll bring me a helicopter?" Hoseok asked comically, but to his suprise Jimin only turns to face him, his eyes creasing up with his smile as he laughs a bright, "Yep!" before sitting up on the couch, pulling his knees to his chest and resting his chin on them. Jimin turned to face the elder, giving him his full attention and almost forgetting the movie entirely.


"I don't think i'll be here that much longer," Jimin starts, his tone happy, "I feel like i might get released on good behaviour you know? Ive been a good kid right?"


Jimin keeps his fond smile, and Hoseok agrees, nodding in response.

"I think once Kook' comes to visit, they will see that there's no reason for me to be here. They'll see that he's not a kid, he had a birthday! I told you, right? Yeah I told you." Jimin laughed, a bright blush invades his cheeks as Hoseok watches him fondly, finding admiration in the boys love for his memories of his partner outside, leaving the other to take a moment to himself before Jimin's attention is back on Hoseok, his smile mischevious as he slowly moves closer to the elder.

"Once I'm out, i'll spend time with Kook', I have a missed birthday to make up for, and then we will come get you, okay?"

"You'll 'come get me'?" Hoseok laughs, Jimin moved to crouch on the floor infront of him, his soft laughter fills Hoseok's ears as he looks up to the elder, his plan foolish but Hoseok indulges him for his own humour.

"Yup!" Jimin claps a little, Jin's eyes are on him but he doesnt care. "We'll be rich men, one of those wealthy couples who walks around in suits and rolex. Anyway! I'll hire a helicopter, we'll bring it out back and whisk you away! Just like the movie~" Jimin's falls back on his heels, hit firmly planted on the floor with a thud as he wraps his arms around himself, laughing a little.

"I'll be Joker, and Jungkook will be my Harley. We'll be the most envious couple on the block, nobody will understand our love~. That is... Unless he moved on, of course." Jimin's expression goes from loving to amused surprise real quick.

It's obvious he has no worries and trusts his partner entirely, but just in case of any underlying insecurity, Hoseok reassures him with a shake of his head anyway.

"Okay, so..." Hoseok leans forward, arms resting on his knees as Jimin leans closer, their noses almost touching and both boys cant help the amused smirks that adorn their faces.

"You pull up in the courtyard?"

"Yep."

"In a helicopter. Not forgetting your rich couple suits and rolex, ofcourse-"

"That's right." 

"What if i'm showering?"

"You wont be!" Jimin slaps Hoseok's leg, feigning seriousness about his plan.

"Alright, okay, so then what? You drop a rope? I hop on in? We elope to Europe and squash grapes with our feet in the summer-" Hoseok's smile only gets brighter as Jimin's laugh gets louder, a few inmates shoot them glares but Hoseok notices Officer Jin's attention and he see's the affectionate smile the elder wears because of Jimin. It's obvious that Jin can see Jimin's childlike plan is all for humour and so he leaves them be whilst he calls for the other's to wrap it up, their free time over as they needed to return to their cells.

"I don't know," Jimin starts, "We'll visit Japan, climb a mountain, eat good food but there's no way you're marrying my Jungkook!" He laughs, and Hoseok nods in response, it seemed like a fair deal, even if it was just a story to them.

Officer Jin yelled Hoseok first, Jimin second, telling the boys to hurry up as he turned off the television an hour after their arrival, his keys clinking against his belt as he found the one to lock the door after the boys who nodded in response.

Hoseok looked back to Jimin, his smile still present whilst the younger stood up, stretching his arms.

"And what if we get caught?" Hoseok questioned, his eyebrow raised as Jimin looked down from his stretch, his cheeks puffed. "What do we tell officers when we end up in here with Jungkook too? After our mountains and Japan, how do we explain that, huh?"

"What do we tell them?" Jimin asks. Hoseok's joking, Jimin can tell, and so after releasing a deep breathe, he slams his hands down onto the couch either side of the brunette, causing him to jump slightly in surprise.

"We tell them, 'We're bad guys, it's what we do." A smile and a sing-song voice follows Jimin's voice as he yells back a "Coming!"  to Officer Jin, the other becoming impatient before he grabs Hoseok's arm, not even giving the elder time to roll his eyes at his mediocre movie quote rip-off, before they jog out of the lounge, following the Officer quickly as he gives them a soft warning about moving quicker next time.


-

Hoseok and Jimin kept a good mood that evening, even as the lights went out and Jimin hoisted himself up to his top bunk, the older male could still feel his smile radiate throughout the room, giving life to the cold cell and only when his eyes began to force close, Jimin's voice peeked over the top bunk, alongside pink bangs and tired eyes, a small whisper of Hoseok's name catches his attention as Jimin's fingertips curl over the bunk, giving him support as to not fall off. 

"Hoseok... Hyung." Jimin's voice is barely a whisper, so the elder nods, giving him attention without calling back. Jimin looks much smaller hanging over the top bunk, Hoseok noticed.

"I just wanna' say thanks.." Jimin starts, the elder can hear in his voice that Jimin is still smiling, even if he cant see it.

"I know you've only been here like... You know, not long... But you're cool hyung."

Hoseok watched as Jimin's eyes start to softly close, his blinking slowing down.

"I dunno what you did, but I like having you around. I haven't had a room mate for about 4 months before you came in, and yeah... It's okay with Yoongi and Nam but its nice not being alone, you know?"

Jimin's smile peeks over the bedframe, and Hoseok can only smile back.

"I hope you're a good guy Hoseok." Jimin continues, his smile falters a little as he pushes himself up a bit for support. "I hope things change and you get out of here too, but I kind of want you to stay, whilst im here... Is that selfish?"

Hoseok only shrugs in response, tiredness washing over him as he focuses the shadow of the boy above him, unsure what response will make the other happy and so Jimin does the same, shrugging in response before smiling down at the elder, and pushing himself up onto him bunk, before to two settle into the silence.

Hoseok hears Jimin wish him goodnight, and so he does the same in return. Hoseok doesnt know why Jimin opens up to him in the short time he's been there. He feels like Jimin trusts him too much, or maybe he appreciates it, he's not sure; but Hoseok does wonder if one day he too can confide in Jimin; maybe he would understand Hoseok.

Or maybe someone else would, like Namjoon, or even Yoongi. He remembers the blonde's words from that afternoon,

"I was falsely accused."

Hoseok doesn't know if he trusts him. He doesnt know if he should, or if he has to, or if he ever will. He was just a stranger, but then again in some ways, so was Jimin. Hoseok had a lot to learn before getting out of this place.

One thing he does hope however, is that nobody would take advantage of Jimin's childlike innocence. Not even after they're gone.
 

 

------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

eventually chapters will be done for each main involved character  (nam/yoong) to develop them more, this was jimz\o/ mayb jin will getone, maybe tae, who knows,notme \o/ its4am andmy space key isbroken lol