Yesterday

YooSu Oneshot Universe

Title: Yesterday
Author: userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=132.1kyouya3/kyouya-sama
Length: Oneshot
Pairing: YooSu
Rating: NC-17
Genre: Dark, Supernatural, Violence
Summary: Yesterday was no more...

 

Yesterday

Black cloud soared on the sky as it curled up around a tremendous wind power. The sun was not seen anymore and the sky was on tears. Thunderbolts sparked randomly and stuck everything on their way, destroying building and killing creatures beneath it. Everything was dark, freezing, and terrifying.

But he wasn’t afraid. He wouldn’t be harm, he knew. 

What remain of humanity roamed on the street; trying to find a safe shelter to pass the so called –storm. Debris and rubble of concretes stuck anything and anyone on their ways; there’s no longer mercy. It was almost like God had abandoned the world.

He could only watch like he always did. There’s nothing he could do even if he wanted to help.

Desperate wails echoed through the air, only to be beaten by the loud broken glasses cries. The shattered glasses cut anyone below them; some received a deathly blow, some remained in pain and cried even more. There’s no more salvation; everyone was fighting for their own life.

He wondered when he lost his fascination over human and the world? It didn’t matter though.

No one lent a hand for elders in pain. Men no longer cared for his family. Women abandoned her children on streets. The children cried, calling for no one. Babies died even before born. There’s no more humanity left on human.

Everything would end today. Just like it was prophesied long time ag---

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU NEED TO HIDE!” a warm hand reached and pulled him down from the rubble he’s standing. This had to be a dream, there’s no way anyone could touch or see him. No human had ever notice him.

“HURRY UP!” they exchanged glance and he’s sure this man really saw him now. There’re worries, fear, and anxiety on the man’s eyes. Yet, what surprised him more was, there’s still hope on the man’s gaze. It’s draining but it’s still there; hanging by a threat.

“WE SHOULD BE SAFE HERE, COME ON!” the man spoke as he was pulled deeper into some rubble. He didn’t know where the man would take him but he just followed. He somehow became worried if the rumble would come down and buried the man alive. He would survive but the man wouldn’t.

After like ages, the man finally stopped when they reached a concrete structure beneath the rubble. He finally noticed it’s a bomb shelter from ages ago. There’re children, families, men, and women hiding together in the shelter. The man, who was still holding his hand, told him to sit next to him.

“My name is Park Yoochun,” the man introduced himself as he tried to catch his breath,” Apparently being an engineer let me know we have one bomb shelter in this city. Sit tight, I’m pretty sure this structure will hold.”

He wanted to tell him, it wouldn’t. This would be the end of humanity, yet, he didn’t have a heart to extinguish such hopeful man. For now, he just wanted the company of the first human who held him, for as long as the time had left.

“Why did you save me?” he asked. The man named Park Yoochun looked intensely into his eyes. For the first time, he felt so exposed and it scared him. He wasn’t supposed to feel and the thought of being scared haunted him.

“Atoning my sins, I guess,” Yoochun’s answer wasn’t what he expected,” I’ll lie if I say I believe 100% we’ll make it. I mean, look at the storm out there. It’s probably the hugest storm in history. I just…try to save as many people as I can. So maybe, if I make it out of this, I can live another day feeling better about myself…It’s selfish reason, I know…”

The answer was so humaneIt reminds him of how selfish yet selfless human could be. 

“…You haven’t told me your name,” Yoochun suddenly spoke as he put his not-so-wet red thick scarf around him. The man was clearly had no clue he could feel almost nothing; he wouldn’t freeze.

But he didn’t have a name, except doom, death, end, and other disastrous names he was called. He was just always there, watching the world evolved until it’s time to end it. He was only there to make sure everything went on like it’s planned by his Creator.

“Wait, did you hit you head and forget your name? Is that why you’re spacing out there on the storm?” Yoochun asked worriedly as he tried to examine him. He could feel Yoochun’s warm breath on his face. Their wet cloth touched each other and it made him shivered.

“…Stop, please…” he said softly, hearing his voice for the first time; it’s not like he could talk to anything or anyone before,” My name is…Kim Junsu.”

“…Junsu, okay,” Yoochun retreated to his own sitting as Junsu wondered why he just named himself Kim Junsu. He didn’t know any creature with such name. The name just came out from his mouth before he could say anything else. It was like something inside of him was finally awakened.

Suddenly, the ground shook as the habitants of the dark concrete room cried and prayed. Junsu didn’t even realize he was holding on Yoochun’s hand in reflect. It felt so warm and it made Junsu didn’t want to let go. Much to his surprise, Yoochun just smiled and held his hands tightly. Junsu’s cheek turned pink for the first time.

“…Umm, Yoochun,” Junsu finally dared to call the name that meant a lot to him now,” Thank you for saving me. I thought no one cared about me…”

“Why would you think that?” Yoochun frowned,” Well, with the storm going on outside…Some people might be too busy saving themselves---not that I’m saying I’m not---What I mean is, everyone has place or places in this world. There’s no way anything or anyone was born in this world without purpose. Everyone always has one, you just have to find yours…Maybe I was born to be an engineer and help these people to hide today…Oh, and of course that means I was born to save you too.”

Junsu didn’t deserve such words, he told himself. He wouldn’t be harm, Yoochun would be…in the end.

Junsu stayed quite as the ground shook even more. They could hear loud buzzing sound as the storm passed right above them. The concrete structure screamed in pain, holding on with every bit of power it had left. Yoochun pulled Junsu into his arm and shielded Junsu from the ashes. It felt so warm and Junsu wanted to bury himself into Yoochun’s arm forever. Then he realized what he was.

Junsu felt so scared for Yoochun. He didn’t know he was capable of feeling such thing and hoping another thing. Junsu wanted Yoochun to make it out alive, along with all the people he saved in this room. Junsu didn’t want Yoochun to die; Junsu wanted humanity to survive.

For the first time, Junsu wanted something so bad that he didn’t care about his Creator’s plan. Closing his eyes, Junsu prayed his wishes were heard. He called endlessly, begging the world to not end today. Not with Yoochun was still alive.

Junsu knew once humanity perished, others would be created by his Creator for a new start. Yet, there wouldn’t be Yoochun there. Junsu didn’t want Yoochun to be gone; Junsu might even trade his life for Yoochun. It was selfish wish, he knew, but he couldn’t help it. It’s like a fire was lightened inside of him now. After roaming for centuries without purpose, Junsu finally found one.

‘You won’t be the same if you wish such thing…’ his Creator’s voice echoed.

Junsu said he didn’t mind. He would pay whatever price he had to. Still burying himself inside Yoochun’s warm embrace, Junsu could feel suddenly something was taken out from his body. He didn’t know what it’s yet, all he knew he suddenly felt a lot of things inside his chest and head.

“Junsu?” Yoochun was worried when Junsu started to make gasping sound,” Junsu! Please hang in there! The storm almost pass, we’ll make it, pleaseee…”

Junsu couldn’t answer. He tried his best not to choke as emotion stormed into his body. All centuries of things he had been numb at, stormed inside of him instantly. How he watched people died in plague, flood, drought, earthquake, volcano, and all the wars he saw. Tears blurred his sight as he thought he would die from the pain.

But Yoochun would live and humanity would survive. Junsu told himself over and over again, it was okay. The pain was worth it. He finally found what he was born for. Yet, instead of darkness, he was greeted with such sweet thing.

A soft touch on his lips made him breathe again. Yoochun’s worried eyes were what greeted him when Junsu finally could control his breath. He could feel the blissful touches more as Yoochun gave him more air to breath.

“You’re going to be okay, just stay with me, okay?” Yoochun caressed Junsu’s cheek as Junsu gave a light nod. He let Yoochun cupped his face as he cried.

As Yoochun thought Junsu was having panic attack, he did his best to give CPR. He didn’t realize he just saved Junsu again from all the pain that was supposed to kill him. Yet, miracle happened. Yoochun was there for Junsu as Junsu was there for Yoochun. This might have all been the planned from the start. This might be the reason both of them were born; to create miracle.

The ground wasn’t shaking anymore when Junsu got his strength to get up. Yoochun helped him up and slowly, they lead the people above the ground. It’s hard as rubbles blocked their way. Yet, with teamwork, they finally managed to see a light at the end of the long tunnel.

There’s no longer storm when they got out. The city remained as ruins yet the bright blue sky greeted them. The sun began to rise up on the sky as the dark cloud wasn’t visible anymore. It’s the most extraordinary scenery Junsu ever saw and felt. He could feel the warmth of the sun on his skin, the cool breeze of wind on his cheek, and a warm hand on his right hand.

“We made it,” Yoochun smiled to him as both of them cried. Junsu circle his arms into Yoochun’s neck. For the first time, Junsu felt so alive. He knew he wasn’t what he was; he had turned human without any superpower and would be drown into temptation; like every human.

Yet, Junsu wasn’t afraid, he got Yoochun now. Everything would be okay. It would be as long as Yoochun was there. He didn’t know why he just believed it. Yesterday was no more, today was a new start for all of them.
 
-THE END-

 

P.S. This's seriously random thing my MUSE wanted to write, she's...still on holiday and I just hope she doesn't run away again this time...Anyway, comments are welcome^^