Chapter 1

Magically Brave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was running late. This wasn’t the first time she was late, but it doesn’t mean she wasn’t bothered by it. She just had to be caught up with discussing the latest fashion trends with a transfer student from Beauxbatons. She overheard Adele, the transfer student from Beauxbatons, talking about Paris Fashion Week and how the famous muggle Karl Lagerfeld’s recent collection took the world by storm. His collection of winter robes were well known in the wizarding world as well.

 

Sneaking in as quietly as she can, Joohyun sat next to her short Ravenclaw friend while Prof. Longbottom’s back was to the class.

 

“What did I miss?” she whispered quickly.

 

“Shush, I’m trying to take notes. I’ll tell you later.”

 

Wendy was diligently taking notes, tongue sticking out as her eyes quickly dart from Prof. Longbottom to her notebook. She truly lived up to her house. Despite being only a year younger than Joohyun, Wendy skipped a few courses and showed great academic potential in most, if not, all her courses. She could’ve skipped a few more courses if it wasn’t for the strict OWL, Ordinary Wizarding Level, rules that she must adhere to in order to take more upper level courses. Prof. Longbottom saw the amazing intellect that Wendy had and quickly got permission for Wendy to join Joohyun and the other 6th years taking the advanced herbology course.

 

As soon as Prof. Longbottom finished his lecture and told everyone to prepare themselves as they handle the Venomous Tentacula. Wendy quickly gathered her notes and passed them to Joohyun, who was still thinking about the discussion she had with Adele.

 

“Uh, earth to Joohyun. We’re about to handle something could kill you and your ambitions of being a fashionista,” Wendy said as she closed her hand into a fist and lightly knocked Joohyun in the head.

 

Joohyun whined a bit and started to complain about how she didn’t want to learn about poisonous plants. She only took advanced herbology because she was hoping she’d learn more about other rare plants that could potentially be used for perfumes and body scents. Not some crazy plant that could kill her in a matter of seconds.

 

Joohyun, still being (or at least trying to be) the good student she strides to be, put her best effort in handling the deadly plant. Once in awhile, Wendy and Joohyun would swear and shoot a spell to avoid the poisonous arms. As soon as class ended, they both quickly headed out to the Great Hall to grab lunch.

 

“You’d think Prof. Longbottom was some kind of sadistic person for him to be laughing at us while we handle those plants,” grumbled Joohyun.

 

Wendy chuckled, “At least he didn’t mark off points when you accidentally shot a spell towards him.”

 

“Hey! If it wasn’t for that stupid plant’s arm moving out of the way―”

 

“WENDY!”

 

Interrupted, Joohyun and Wendy abruptly stopped and looked behind them and saw a slender Hufflepuff running towards them. She was carrying some muggle device, a rectangular shaped machine that Joohyun had seen muggles put up to their faces in order to talk to someone else from who knows where.

 

“What is it now Seulgi?” Wendy sighed as Seulgi stopped right in front of them, hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

 

“Phone..stopped working. Went haywire.” Seulgi lifted one of her hands that carried the small device.

 

Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows. Shouldn’t all muggle devices not work? People in the vicinity of Hogwarts and on Hogwarts ground itself shouldn’t be able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter