Final

Why am I short?

 

I’m I short? I asked myself a thousand times facing the mirror. Every time Dongwoon and I went out someone in the crowd would really comment that our height isn’t proportion or something like that. I really wasn’t bothered with it but one of our precious times Dongwoon joked about my height made me think that maybe he is bothered about my height.

 

I was walking home thinking for a solution to the “problem”. I arrived and saw Junhyung hyung watching a T.V. program and having small sips with his coke that he was holding.

“Hyung” calling him with respect.

He looked at me and raised his eyebrows as a sign that I got his attention and I may now start talking.

“Am I short?” I asked him.

“Yes.” He answered shortly.

“How did you say so?” I asked again feeling uncontented from his answer.

“Look at Dongwonnie, even though he is younger than you are he is taller than you.” He answered like a matter of fact.

“But Woonie is taller than you; does that mean that you are short?” I asked puzzled a bit for his answer.

*Silence*

“Aiish!! Can you please stop talking? You’ve made me miss the show” he reasoned out because clearly he was caught offguard.

“Thanks anyway hyung” a bit pissed for hyung didn’t make it better but much worse.

 

I went to the room and saw Hyunseung hyung lying on his bed listening to his IPod. I shook him to let him acknowledge that I was in the room. He took his headphones off and sat on the edge of his bed.

“Am I short?”

“Am I pretty?” he asked out of the blue.

“Answer me first”

 “No, you answer me first”

“I asked first”

“Okay”

“Okay”

*Silence*

“What?!”

“What?! What?”

“Your answer?”

“Oh right.”

“I need it now!”

“Chill you don’t need to be angry, what is the question again?”

“Gah! You’re making me stupid hyung the question is am I short?” I asked annoyed from our long but useless conversation.

“Yes you are short but you should like your height your fans and our noonas like your height and can you imagine if you are tall how can you be cute then?”

“You make a good point hyung but isn’t Wonnie cute even though he’s tall?”

“But what can a tall person do that a short person can’t?”

“You make a very good point there hyung bye!”

“Wait you still need to answer my question!”

“What was your question?” I said fakingly.

“Aish! Never mind, run along” WoW! My acting really improved.

 

I waited for Dongwoon to arrive. When he arrived he was shoked that I was still awake.

“Kwangie why are you still awake?” he asked.

“Wonnie I have something to ask” I said a bit hesitant.

“Fire it out”

Wonnie do you think I am short?” I asked a bit shy for asking a small matter that made a big ruckus on my mind.

“Sorry to offend you Kwangie but yes I do think you are short” he said and bowed his head.

 

I was about to go but he hugged me. The hug caught me offgaurd that made my blood rise to my chest and to add to it that I was smelling Dongwoon’s scent. He pulled me on the bed which made us lay down on one bed. He then whispered:

 

“I like how your height is because every time I hug you. You would be able to hear my heartbeats become faster a proof that I truly love you so close your eyes and go to sleep.”

 

I was so shocked about his revelation that I was almost at the venge of tears.  Indeed his heartbeats were fast that it made me very giddy. I should have not doubted him and disregard it from my mind for it was very senseless.

 

I went to sleep having a dream that I would like it to be real but I still woke up for more hugging from my Woonie and his expressive heartbeats.

 

 

~END~