Come and lie with me

Together we’ll taste the Star

Title: Together we’ll taste the Star

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: pg-13

Length: 10,613 Words (1/1)

Genres: Romance, fluff, HARDCORE FLUFF, fantasy-AU

Summary: Chanyeol thinks that he’s perfect in every sense: good look, tall, charming –the full package, really. The human boy Baekhyun, however, is rather convinced that he’s just an ugly bored demon. “I’m your guardian angel! I’m here to bring you salvation!” Question is, does Chanyeol even want to eat the boy’s soul?  

Warning: Un-beta, language, okay, there's a bit ? Like only a tiny bit, non graphic at all, that I don't think the scene deserves to be rated? 

 

===

 

Who survives

Alone at night?

Come and lie

With me till light

 

[Come and Lie]

 

===

 

Demon.

 

That was what some called him, for that was the definite truth. He went by with names, too many names that he lost count of. He fancied himself a monster, a being, an existence fabricated beneath innocent smile and adoring almond eyes. His voice was deep, soothing –he was charming. He learned to control the sway of his words, the art of persuasion and all other theatrical ability for his play, for his ploy.

 

The world was his stage.

 

Because he was a demon.

 

There was no way around it, for he was what he was.

 

He was proud of it, to be honest, there was nothing to be ashamed of. The way he would smile so charmingly when small boys and girls lay their eyes on his being, beautiful their eyes would say and “Hello.” he would greet them.

 

“Who are you?” Those children would ask and without hesitation, he would smile ever so captivatingly with white set of teeth and glowing face.

 

(Theatrical, you see)

 

“I’m your guardian angel!”

 

It worked. His face was that white of an angel and his voice and his eyes and his stance –

 

“You’re my angel?”

 

Their eyes would widened in wonder, bruised knees and dirty face became hopeful for time was a cruel thing indeed, wars, poverty, diseases –they were abandoned, these children were. And he was their salvation. He was the man of god, he would claim, no matter how he was not even close. 

 

“Yes, love, I’m here to bring you salvation.”

 

And salvation he offered.

 

“Do you?”

 

He took them away.

 

What a delectable tiny thing indeed and he would smile as he tore through their fleshes, take the frail orb that was their soul and feed. Sweet, so, so sweet and he would coo to himself, for little children were so frail and so easy.

 

He was a demon.  

 

He was their salvation.

 

===

 

He’d existed long before everything, but he was young, naïve even, for he liked to play pretend. He didn’t like boasting off his ugly features like his kind usually would. Burly figure with thick horns and five, six eyes and twelve hands –no, too dramatic for his taste.

 

He liked to be seen clean, trustworthy for it was easier to approach the trembling eyes this way. The least of effort and a lot of smiling –that was not so bad.

 

He liked smiling.

 

It made him looked good. It made the maidens in the alleyway giggle like a happy piglet behind their satin covered hands, hair pulled into a bun and covered beneath flamboyant hats decorated with feathers and flowers and leafs in multicolours, red, blue, green, yellow.

 

He liked colours.

 

That was why he liked looking up to the sky, to the sunset because in this world, this realm, they lack of that very thing. There were limited gradient of colours and only the shades from the setting sun can somewhat give him the tones that he was looking for.

 

But now, it was all about dullness and grey sky these days and he found that he no longer enjoyed looking up. They used to be so close –the sky was. But now everything was so far away. So detached.

 

It was sad.

 

Now it was all steam, dust, ashes, grease, poverty, hunger, depression, disease, black, grey and green. Terrors, screaming of war and unemployment and abandonment.

 

But it was the world after all.

 

And he walked in white.

 

Well, his smile was at least, for he walked in a chequered 3-piece –white dress shirt, chequered vest, pants and jacket and his boots were leather and they reached up to his knees. Some days he walked in black and grey, some other days in green and khaki, red and white, pink and white, any colours really, for he liked imitating a fine gentleman on most days.     

 

It came with many perks because he had such a sweet looking face, and he liked whistling and –

 

Woah, a dog!”

 

Oh.

 

And also on some days, he liked scouting for his meal disguised as a dog.

 

(Children love dogs, see)

 

He looked up to see a skinny boy with tattered clothing and dirty face. His eyes were small, and sloped downwards and it reminded him of a puppy, especially at the boy’s huge grin.

 

The demon tilted its head, tail wiggled left and right, assessing the boy as his head was being ruffled with thin fingers and the boy didn’t smell of anything.

 

How quaint.

 

===

 

The wood squeaked under his light weight, it was strange, but he never understood the way of anything in this strange world.

 

The house was abandoned like any other places. Many had fled, to be away from flying vehicles that vomited grease and ashes and this house was left to fend for itself.

 

Adults died by the roadside, diseased and hungry, while the young ones roamed the alleyway for trashed foods or anything edible. Pride was never a priority, it was fine to share the most horrid of meals with rodents and dogs and cats.

 

This particular house wasn’t as huge as the rest that aligned the gated neighbourhood, a typical Victorian home with flamboyant pillars and wallpapers and lightings. He remembered the whole neighbourhood used to be flourished in colours and life and fountains once, but now, they were all grey and blue. Double-storey, tripled-storey, gated in black iron, in bricks, but huge.

 

Here, the marbled fountain in the dead garden cracked from abandonment and everything was eerily quiet.

 

He passed through the ballroom, the dining room and scanned over the dusty furniture. They were scarce. There were only few left, the inexpensive ones as the owner of this place must be smart, taking and storing away the valuables and leaving behind the unwanted.

 

The demon climbed the stairs to reach the attic and there towards the end of the window was a heap of flesh covered in white blanket and greying pillow. The attic was surprisingly spacious and he walked closer to the sleeping boy. 

 

It was the same boy with no smell. Breathing deeply under the cocoon of blanket, body curled in to retain whatever heat that was left in his small frame. It was admirable, all these humans were. They were so vulnerable, frail, and weak and toyed with by death, and yet, they struggle. They chose to survive –they didn’t have long, but they tried so hard.

 

The demon grinned, standing above the sleeping boy and he crouched, leaning forward.

 

The small eyes quickly tore opened and stared sharply at him.

 

“Who are you?” The question was sharp, the voice was strong for someone as young as the human boy.

 

The demon chuckled to himself.

 

“I’m your guardian angel.” He said.

 

The boy’s eyes widened before it sharpen into an assessing stare, studying the demon and there was no wonder in his gaze, no admiration, no hope.

 

He looked unconvinced, if anything.

 

Sure you are.” The boy huffed out before straightening up, sitting with crossed legs and resting his jaw on a palm. Sharp elbow pushed onto a thigh. He looked bored.

 

The demon mimicked his movement, sitting across the human boy with crossed legs too and the wooden floor was hard under him. Both of his fists were pushed into the space from his calves crossing over another, shoulders hunched down.

 

He couldn’t explain the excitement spiking under his chest.

 

Why the boy didn’t believe him?

 

Why did he look so unconvinced?

 

Why? Why? Why?

 

“I am.” The demon grinned. “And I’m here to bring you salvation!” He looked more eager as the boy looked more unconvinced, a cruel game of chase and the boy only raised an eyebrow, face dirty with dirt and grease and hair unkempt.

 

“No, you’re not.” The boy said with a bored tone before he suddenly grin, mischief clear in his eyes. “But if you insist you are, why don’t you start by bringing me something to eat.”

 

The demon leaped off before he even had time to think everything through. Like a dog when thrown a Frisbee or a treat.

 

He came back moments later with bread and cheese he nicked from the nice looking house few miles away and the human boy had laughed so hard his face gotten so red that it had the demon wondering if his head will blow this way.

 

“Nope.” The boy said between chortled laughter. “You’re definitely not an angel.”

 

===

 

“What’s your name, boy?” the demon asked three days later.

 

He came for the boy, daily with bread and cheese and milk. There was nothing he can salvage at this bad time –war was closing in after all and there were too many soldiers. He didn’t like them. Some of them were aware of him, calling him names like wizard or witch, which was rude.  

 

“Why do you want to know? I don’t trust you, you know.”

 

The demon grinned, stomach excited and giddy and he felt jumpy. It had been a while since he was this excited.

 

“Why? Why don’t you trust me?”

 

The boy only shook his head as he tore the bread apart.

 

“I think you’re just a bored demon.”

 

He wasn’t far from the truth.

 

“I’m not bored and I’m no demon.” He said with pride, pulling an ugly scowl from the child. It was curious how a young boy as him can muster such a disgusted expression.

 

“Sure, what are you then?”

 

The boy threw a chunk of bread into his mouth before passing a piece to the demon.

 

“I’m your guardian angel!”

 

The way the boy grin was obviously sarcastic, he looked more like a demon compared to the fake angel with his canine and sharp eyes and cruel face and dim light from the setting sun creeping in through the cracked window.

 

“Whoa! Of course you are!” The boy looked like a Satan’s spawn with his eyes and smirk. “Salvation is here, you are the very thing I need, a light sent from above to bask me in security and warmth!”

 

And yet the demon laughed. For a very long time, genuine warmth akin to that of happiness burned in his chest to his face and he thought that the boy was the most vibrant of colours.

 

===

 

He liked whistling.

 

Before anyone can see him, they will hear his tune first. It was not an angel-like of him, but habit die hard and he was what he was.

 

He was a demon.

 

And so as he walked in the empty neighbourhood that housed huge manors and mansions, his tune echoed through the air, through the darkness that was the night with only moon illuminating the whole space, returning with howls and barks from the scared animals and the demon never felt more pleased.

 

He walked up the stairs that led up the attic, eyes scanning over the lantern that lighted up the whole place and it was strange to be away from loud noises in the city. Over there, the only sound existed were the howling wind from the cracked window and the creaking of the wooden floor.

 

The little boy on the makeshift of bed made out of blankets quickly looked up to the demon with bored eyes. He’d worn tattered dress shirt and his shorts were black.

 

“Thought that it was you.”

 

It had been a week since he visited this human dilemma daily and the demon grinned as he leaped next to the boy, sitting with a giddy heart on the floor.

 

“What do you mean? How can you tell?”

 

The boy grimaced at the distance between them and the demon paid his discomfort no heed.

 

“You were whistling.” He snorted and his tone was cruel, but the idiotic demon was no less happy.

 

“Oh, you’re familiar with my tune?” He asked, hope lacing his voice and the boy sighed out in return.

 

“No, you idiot, in this empty neighbourhood, only a fool or a devil would whistle.” The human shook his head.

 

“What? Now that’s a boring theory, sweet boy, you made me sound bland!”

 

“Nah, don’t you get it? You’re special! You’re both –a fool and a devil.” The boy quickly retorted and grinned. The demon thought that he was so beautiful –shame on you sunlight, the colour and the brightness was here in this dark corner of the attic. “Although for a demon who’s pretending to be an angel, you could at least put in a little effort to shape your farce.” 

 

The demon gave him a shrug as he dug a hand into his jacket, poking into the inner pocket of his coat for the bread and cheese he kept before pulling them out and place them on the blanket for the now grinning boy. 

 

“It worked on anyone else, I’m perfect, actually.”

 

===

 

“You’re vain, don’t you know that?” The boy told him a month later and he still had no inkling what the boy’s name was. But he was beyond caring at this point, he’ll always be there anyway, and he wasn’t even after the boy’s soul.

 

It was strange.

 

But it was a nice change.

 

“How so?” He asked.

 

“You’re always telling how perfect your look is, your face, your feature. You like to gloat.” The boy shook his head and the demon laughed.

 

“But they are all, if not, the truth. I am beautiful as I am perfect. What is there not to be happy about myself? Don’t you feel at ease? To know that you’re the only child privy to this beauty?” He said, and felt as if the sun will come out to light up this darkness. He felt high, he liked talking about himself, they made him feel good –these rush of adrenaline and pride.

 

“Aren’t demon supposed to be smarter? I mean, you have to at least be able to trick children, right? To be cunning.” The boy said smartly with a smirk.

 

“Oh, if only you knew of my success,” the demon tutted out. “You won’t be here mocking me and telling me unkind things. You’ll be on the ground, kneeling for my beauty and my wits.” 

 

“Maybe you are blind, demon, but I’m already sitting on the floor and far from ready to kneel for this so called beauty and wits. They sound phony even to a child like me.” He said and the demon sighed a little too dramatic as he laid the bread he knicked from the bakery in town onto the blanket.

 

“Eat, child, hunger makes you cruel.”

 

===

 

“I heard strange words in town earlier.” He told the boy as they shared the bread and cheese on the blanket under the dim light from the lantern.

 

“What words?” The boy asked and the demon straightened up. He wore white today. White three piece and white top hat with black satin ribbon and he looked dashing.

 

“Of strange aircraft that will drop explosion from the sky.” He said and the boy only hummed out in return. He rarely went into town these days, reasoning with the demon that there was nothing for him to do there, and the demon was loyal in bringing him bread and cheese and sometimes, even milk too. He was resourceful, see, a trait that he was very proud of.

 

“Hmm, so the war is really starting.” The demon looked at the boy, calm as he ate, so very different from the chaos of the city and crying women packing their bags and train stations flooded with humans trying to flee.

 

The city was almost deserted –everyone was trying to get away.

 

“Will you be all right?” The demon asked. “When this explosion starts, will you be well? Will you die?”

 

“All humans die, demon, you know of that. You feed on children’s souls.” The boy shook his head.

 

But the demon didn’t want the boy to die and he watched from the floor as the boy stood. He walked to the window, studying the black sky as if watching out for those dreadful aircraft that will drop explosion and coloured the sky in orange and red.

 

“You’ve grown.” The demon said from the floor and it caught the human’s attention.

 

“Of course, idiot, it has been a year since you started slaving your life for me.” The boy smirked, but the demon didn’t know why the boy’s acknowledgement made him happy.

 

“Whistle for me.” He said and the boy’s eyes widened. “When you need me, just whistle.”

 

“Thanks, but the romantic gesture will bring me no benefit. What will it do? Calm me down as I think of you?” the boy snorted with droopy eyes.

 

But the demon grinned out in return, arms looping around his knees as they pressed against his chest.

 

“No, really, it will literally take me to you.” The demon laughed. “Whistle, I do that often, don’t I?”

 

===

 

It was the next afternoon, the demon was stalking around the alleyway, finding almost no one and he was, for the first time in a while, stuck in a deep thought.

 

Where should he head to? To find fresh bread and cheese?

 

Human liked those, didn’t they? He had been bringing them to the human boy daily without fail. The boy never complained, so he must have done a pretty good job. But more and more of people had left the town, the city, everywhere else was almost vacant now, where should he go then? To find more breads and cheeses?

 

Should he try the army? But they were scary, their eyes were sharp, and they counted everything. How to sneak out? What if they have those weird strange wizard people that change into bird and snake to help them out?

 

He didn’t like them.

 

But then a gush of wind hit him, surrounding him, coming from nowhere and everywhere at once and he was rooted there on the road, looking confusingly from left to right and from where? From where did this wind come from?

 

There was a tune, shrilling whistling tune ringing in the air and the demon felt his heart pumped under his chest and he closed his eyes, focusing and sharping his sense up.

 

Where? Where? Where?

 

And then he smiled when he saw a glimpse of sharp gaze.

 

That little bastard.

 

So the demon ran forward, passing blocks of now emptied building and after enough speed and acceleration, he leaped, transporting to another side of the town and he reached a double-storey abandoned Victorian home.

 

The wood squeaked under his weight as he climbed up the stairs to the attic and there, by the window, a boy sat with black shorts and white dress shirt tucked in. Black ribbon tied on his collar and his socks were knee-length in white and his shoes were black. He looked haughty, his eyes were sharp and his hair was black, neat as he smirked at the demon.

 

“Ah, so it worked.” He said before standing up and faced the tall demon. He pushed out a hand and grinned cruelly. “Give me your name, demon, and I shall give you mine.” 

 

The demon did not hesitate as he walked forward, laughing as he took the boy’s hand. Cold contrasting with warm.

 

“Park Chan Yeol.” The demon said with no hesitation and the boy grinned wider. “A demon, and I fed on young children’s soul.” He felt giddy, high, like he can fly without his umbrella, like the wind can carry him to places from just standing there and he thought that he can burst.

 

“Byun Baek Hyun.” The human boy said. “And I am the young master of this house.” And Park Chan Yeol, the demon, laughed when the young master of this house told him “But no. You have no permission to consume my soul. You belong to me, demon, you gave me your name first.”

 

It didn’t matter who gave their name first anyway, Chan Yeol had thought as he laughed out, face about to rip up from how wide he was grinning now. Byun Baek Hyun, Byun Baek Hyun, Byun Baek Hyun –the demon was his from the moment they met fifteen months ago in that alleyway.

 

===

 

“You never leave this place ever since we met in that alleyway, Baek Hyun, why is that?”

 

“I don’t like leaving. This is my home.”

 

“But you did the first time we met.”

 

“I only go out when there’s no food, but now I have you.”

 

===

 

“How come you’re by yourself in this dark time, Byun Baek Hyun? Shouldn’t children stick with their parents?”

 

“My mother died when I was eight, and my step mother despises me. Father died three years ago, and when the talk of war reached here, my step mother abandoned me here.”

 

===

 

“It’s going to be dangerous, you know, Baek Hyun-nie.”

 

The boy was fifteen, the town had been laid wasted from the bombs and explosions and no one was there anymore, ran and left to be saved, but Byun Baek Hyun was here, barely safe under the protection of a wandering demon.

 

“I know.” The boy said as he looked out the window with a bored face.

 

“Come away with me.” He told the boy.

 

“No way, I’m staying.” The boy told him and the demon felt anger starting to burn up his spine.

 

“Don’t be a fool, boy, it’s not safe for you here.” He said, but the boy paid him no heed.

 

“I’m not leaving, demon, and if you want to leave so bad, go ahead. I’m not going to stop you.”

 

The demon didn’t leave obviously. His boy was still there.

 

===

 

So it was three nights later when the boy opened his eyes to a strange location.

 

He looked groggy as he sat up and the demon was only few feet away, prepared for rage, for the outburst from the human male and at the realisation look crawling over Baek Hyun’s face, he knew.

 

It was coming.

 

“Why am I on a rooftop?” The human asked, voice cracked from puberty and the demon watched as the boy stagger into standing up.  

 

“To face the reality you’re running away from.” He said and both of them looked down from the building when they hear the tell-tale of footsteps from patrolling soldiers. They were in the military site after all and it was risky, Chan Yeol didn’t like this place, but Baek Hyun needed to know of the things that he took lightly, to see the reality that he oh-so rejected.

 

“What are you talking about, demon, this is not even funny –”

 

“Who’s there?”

 

The soldier’s eyes were sharp from the ground and Baek Hyun looked startled before his face paled up. The military had taken over the north side of the town, and where this building used to house cafes and boutiques, it now had been changed into headquarter for the COs.

 

“I repeat, who’s there? Answer me or I will gun you down!”

 

It was dark after all, still few moments before sunrise and the whole place was shrouded in mist and hues of blue of darkness.

 

The human boy’s eyes were panicky as he rushed to demon’s side, crouching down and at this, the sound of his footstep actually served as a trigger to the soldier down on the ground, firing a shot in response before screaming out “I’m warning you! Who’s there?”

 

“What do we do?” The human boy whispered in a rush, “We’re going to get ourselves killed you idiot! We have to go!”

 

The demon smirked out in return.

 

“Oh, but where do we go? Down? We’ll risk playing with death, or up? Then you’ll be unhappy.”

 

“Don’t toy with me, undo this! This is your fault!”

 

“Make a choice boy, come with me or embrace death.”

 

“This is hardly fair, you’re giving no choice!”

 

“This is the reality you’ll face if you stay, stupid boy, the death you seek oh so badly.”

 

“Not this way! None of this would’ve happened if you weren’t such an arse and brought this on us!”

 

“Careful now, I’m not the one who can die here.” The demon said before a thought suddenly cross his mind and he couldn’t help the glee in his voice when he smiled. “Salvation is here, dear Baek Hyun-nie, I can save you. Your guardian angel.”

 

“There’s somebody up there!” Another soldier screamed out and Baek Hyun looked as if he could faint at the sound of running from below and both of them knew that it won’t be long before the soldiers reached the rooftop. He can feel it, the ground, the floor, vibrating, they’ve entered the five-storey building and they will reach there soon.

 

“You’re not pulling that line on me now, they are coming up!” Baek Hyun said as he rushed to the edge of the building, away from the door that will lead to the rooftop and upon his reach there, a shot was fired from below and that made him retreat immediately.

 

“I can see it! There’s someone there!”

 

They were noisy, they were probably new based on the anxiousness seen there; too eager and too loud –very unprofessional like and very different than the wizards and veterans. The demon breathed out a relieved sigh as he walked to the now crouching stupid human boy.

 

“Will you come then, sweet boy? With your guardian angel?” he pushed out a hand, hearing another fire being shot and let it ran through him. He felt the sting of the bullet, however, he was immune to death.

 

Baek Hyun looked up at him, at his outstretch hand before back to his face.

 

“I will kill you after this.” He seethed and the demon couldn’t help the victorious grin that stretched over his face when the human grab his offered hand and stood. The demon was quick as he turned the boy around to shield him from the firing shots.

 

They stung.

 

“There’s two of em!”

 

“The best choice, really.” The demon smirked.

 

“It’s death after this for you, demon, no compromise. Now, take me away!”

 

But it was strange as he pulled the human boy in his arms and the door to the rooftop was tore apart when they tumbled off the roof with Baek Hyun screaming out like a new born babe and the demon screaming out a –

 

“I’m ready Se Hun-nie! Take us away!”

 

There were noises, loud noises from above as the soldiers looked down and distressed voice crying out from the soldiers below.

 

“Us?”

 

Baek Hyun was grinning, despite his initial complaining, in his arms and his hold was tight around the demon’s waist.

 

The wind enveloped them before either can say anything and just like that, they disappeared from earth.    

 

===

 

Baek Hyun was tall now, and his stance wasn’t that awkward anymore when they walked with linked arms under the huge black umbrella in the air. Their steps were light, and the human boy wasn’t as clumsy as he was years ago.

 

Both of them dressed similarly now, three-piece suit, only that Baek Hyun didn’t like wearing his coat. So while the demon walked on air with striped black and grey pants, vest and jacket and black top hat, his human boy was only dressed in black pants, white dressed shirt tucked in and black vest atop with messy hair and NO top hat, which was a shame.

 

“I CAN’T WALK ON AIR I’LL FALL I’LL ING DIE!”

 

“Calm your tone, you foolish boy, just follow my lead DON’T let go of my hand, do you want to die?”

 

“I’M GOING TO FALL I’M NOT EVEN BEING FUNNY HERE YOU DEMON!”

 

“Just follow my lead, follow my steps, left and right and left and right and left. Hold onto my arm, I won’t let you die, stupid.”

 

“DON’T CALL ME THAT WHY AM I NOT FALLING HOW AM I WALKING ON AIR IS THIS SORCERY CRAP I KEPT FORGETTING THAT YOU’RE A DEMON!”

 

Just look at the boy now, so smug as if he was born to do this on his own.

 

The clouds were thick, cottony, and even after all this while, Baek Hyun still looked excited to see the goldfishes surrounded them in the blanket of black sky, their stomach glowed, blinked and it was mesmerising as they gathered around and scattered and swam so freely because the sky was vast, there was no end and there was no beginning.

 

The trick to stay afloat was simple. Just keep moving your feet, just like when walking on land. It was the same thing. A sound mind was important, they need to be at ease, to be calm and everything will be easy.

 

To climb up, they can do it slowly, like going up a hill, a slope with more pressure on their feet and to go back to the ground was like going downhill. The most vital thing was the umbrella, and the umbrella only responded to Chan Yeol so it was important that Baek Hyun stuck by him. The human boy knew all this, he’d been telling him since they first came here and the boy will look bored.

 

It was when they were going down the sky that he remembered asking at all.

 

“How old are you now?” He turned to look at his human boy, frown marring his face because Baek Hyun no longer have those baby cheeks and his feature was sharp now.

 

“Eighteen I think? It’s been quite a while. Why do you ask? Scared that I’ll grow more handsome looking than you?”

 

The demon laughed, tempted to just let his hand go and drop the human boy.

 

“That’s impossible. No one can be better looking than me.”

 

===

 

So they travelled, with umbrella and suitcase and struggles and arguments, because the demon wanted the human boy to wear the top hat like he was wearing, but Baek Hyun didn’t like them.

 

Personality, we’ll look too alike then, I don’t want that.”

 

“But sweet Baek Hyun-nie, that’s impossible! Our features differ too greatly to one another. My limbs are longer, my skin is softer, and my face is more handsome!”

 

“Ah, your personality is rotten.”

 

“My, what cruel words!”    

 

They met the trolls, see the hills that made up of crystals, went into forest of green with diamonds of blues and cyan and purples blinking along leafs and very dream-like, as if they were in the galaxy, out there in the space, and Chan Yeol missed all of this. Jellyfishes rained down through from the sky of the forest, glowing in warm and soft yellow and Baek Hyun was mesmerised by it all that he didn’t realised he’d been holding the demon’s hand now.

 

They slept everywhere, under the canopy of that huge heart-shaped leaf, in a hole filled with white cotton under the huge white mushroom that its size equalled to two men and Baek Hyun’s cheeks were pink as they climbed up the mountain instead of just using the umbrella.

 

===

 

The two moons were their witness, then the pink lake atop of the mountain that made out of white stones and yellow leafed trees and white barks, when Chan Yeol pushed the human boy to the ground and finally consumed him.

 

Warm lips against another warm pair, thin fingers pulling at black hair and thick thighs wrapped around thin waist. The ground was hard and their coat wasn’t enough to bring them comfort, but neither actually cared. The world ceased to exist and there were only the two of them –a human boy and a demon.

 

“Not too hard, Chan Yeol, I’m not familiar with this.”

 

Coats lay forgotten under them, clothes scattered everywhere and Baek Hyun was too busy out and being maddened with the intensity of their pleasure, crying out for more and biting his teeth into broad shoulders.  

 

His movement was shallow, the sound of their skin slapping against each other was vulgar as it echoed through the night air and the demon felt so hot. His body was on fire, the boy under him had screwed his expression into that of obscenity and Chan Yeol found that he was unconsciously quickening his pace.

 

The boy sobbed at each of his , eyes teary as he held his arms around the demon’s neck.

 

“I feel so full, Chan Yeol.”

 

“Do you, Baek Hyun?”

 

“Love me.”

 

“I do, with all my heart.”

 

But a demon wasn’t supposed to have a heart, and yet, the demon felt his starting to stutter into life at Baek Hyun’s needy voice. It might be from his wanton expression, or his words, or his tone.

 

He was close, Baek Hyun must be too because he had been clenching around Chan Yeol, twitching and spastic and Chan Yeol leaned down so that he can kiss the human’s nose.

 

“Say, Baek Hyun-nie,” He moaned and the bead of sweat rolling down the boy’s jaw.

 

“W-what?” The boy stuttered and moved his hips into meeting the demon’s eager .

 

“What am I?” He grinned and the boy just laughed out before out when the demon made a particular hard .

 

“Chan Yeol, !” He cried out, hands thrown over his head and upper body arching up.

 

“Come now, boy, tell me what I am.” The demon moaned, head light and body ablaze. “Tell me what I want to hear.” He looked at the human boy, mouth hanged opened because he was so, so close.

 

“A-angel!” The boy cried out with a red face, panting and a wreck. “My salvation!” he shrieked out when the demon pressed two palms each on the boy’s shoulders.

 

And salvation he brought.

 

Not from a demon to a boy –but from a boy to the demon and at that moment, he knew. The way his heart had been misbehaving –fluttering and beating so uncontrollably beneath his chest that it felt like as if the whole world was about to hollow in on him. The demon just knew.

 

This was love.


The demon had come to love the human boy. 

 

This was love.

 

===

 

They changed.

 

Day by day, they changed.

 

Their eyes lingered a little too long on one another, cruel words turned softer and resting now was all about love making. Under the stars, up in the clouds on that flying boat with goldfishes swam around them, in the middle of the field of tulips –they just can’t get enough.

 

“I feel strange, Baek Hyun.” The demon told the human boy when they lay on the boat. The water glowed in the darkness of night, pastel and milky in turquoise and the rocks of the hills were white, narrowing around them and they looked sharp.

 

There were no moons out there, only constellations and goldfishes and the wind was soothing. The boat was moving along the river, following the milky water’s flow with gentle wind caressing their hair, their skin.

 

“Strange how?” The fine grass carpeting the whole inner part of the boat was soft against their back. It was the dwarves’ work, Chan Yeol always liked renting things from them for they were always different, pretty and comfortable. The boat was wooden in white, gentle with floral carvings and it actually resembled a moving garden.

 

“There’s no word for me to describe its symptoms, but I feel strange.” The demon exclaimed, fingers clenching around the other’s gently as they lay side by side.

 

“Hmm,” Baek Hyun had hummed out. “I’ll help you start figuring it out then.” The human said.

 

“How?” The demon asked, suddenly his curiosity piqued up at the strange statement.

 

“I’ll start by telling you what I’m feeling now.” The boy said. “Ask me what I’m feeling now, demon, I’ll salvage you with answers.”  The demon couldn’t help but laugh at the statement. Salvation, he used that on the boy so many times, he lost count.

 

“What are you feeling now, Baek Hyun?” He asked, playing along with the human boy.

 

“Warm,” The human said as he pulled their intertwined fingers, kissing the demon’s knuckle before placing them onto his chest. “I feel so full, I feel loved, I feel wanted.”

 

The demon turned his head towards the human boy, studying his side profile, his soft feature.

 

“Define love, Baek Hyun.” He said and the boy only smiled.

 

“It’s a feeling, it’s a gesture.” He said. “It’s this sense of security that fills you up when you lay with a special person on a stormy day. The day will be dark, and yet, it’s strangely warm. And then when that person touches you, your skin tingles, your heartbeat will just go crazy at even the slightest touch from a fingertip,” Baek Hyun smiled. “Your lips just wouldn’t know how not to smile anymore, every day is about laughter and when that person looks at you, it’s like you can’t breathe, and yet, you feel as if you can fly. You don’t need the umbrella or the dwarves’ boat, the person’s presence will make you just as high, secured, wanted.”

 

Chan Yeol pulled away his hand from the human’s grip, ignoring how Baek Hyun had turned his face towards him and studied his every movement when the demon rolled himself over the boy, settling his palms both by his head, hovering above the lain boy. His hair fell around his face as he looked down towards the human, guts churning and chest hurting too. His skin tingled when Baek Hyun touched his arm and Chan Yeol gripped his fingers into the mould of thin grass.

 

“Does your stomach hurt too when that person talks, smiles, and kisses you?” Chan Yeol asked and he thought that he could just fall when the melodious laughter echoed through the air.

 

“Yeah, that too.” He said and Chan Yeol frowned. “Why are you making that face, you ugly creature? You’ll make yourself uglier.” Baek Hyun grinned as his fingers padded across the demon’s lips before they settled over Chan Yeol’s cheek.

 

“But that’s how I feel whenever I’m with you.” Chan Yeol said.

 

“You don’t like it then? The way you feel around me?” Baek Hyun asked and it pulled a rather sheepish smile from the demon.

 

“No, not really, I mean, I do.” He said. “It brought me discomfort sometimes, but I like everything about it.” Baek Hyun’s fingers trailed down the demon’s neck until they settled over his chest, clenching at the demon’s vest.

 

“Good then.” The human said, tugging slightly at the piece of cloth. “Because that’s how I feel around you too.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t need to pull him down for the demon to just let go and kissed him, weight crushing over the human and they closed their eyes with the glowing water beneath their boat. The grass was soft under them, the smell was fresh and the wind was cooling.

 

He knew then now.

 

Baek Hyun was love.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun didn’t move as fast as he always did anymore.

 

His movement was sluggish, he tire easily, snappish even and he was always out of breath. But he glowed. White, silver, orange and gold.

 

Like that of the sky, the starlight, and the demon, Park Chan Yeol, never saw anything as bright and as beautiful when they lay one day and his palm was warm as they touched the boy’s jaw line.

 

“Why are you pulling away? I just want to touch your face.” He smiled, so widely like he always did any other day and the bird chirped away at his back.

 

They were sitting by a boulder on a hillside. It was a beautiful stone, brown and white and greened with moss and the grass was a vibrant green. It reminded him of the apples little Baek Hyun used to bite on. He had looked so obnoxious back then and fiery, but now, ridiculously glowing.

 

“Aren’t you tired looking at my face? I’ve aged.” Baek Hyun had asked with a sigh. Body slouching and eyes heavy. He seemed tired as he always did and Chan Yeol had shaken his head with vigour, smile still intact and heart so light like everything else.

 

The sun was bright in the sky, but nothing was as bright as his human boy, always and forever beautiful and nineteen in his eyes.

 

“Nope.” The demon smiled as he took the cold hand into his. “It’s forever when you’re with me, love.”

 

Baek Hyun had laughed out loud, free hand quickly smacking the demon’s head and despite how he didn’t understand why his human did thus, he still grinned idiotically at the beautiful boy.

 

“C’mere.” The boy sounded amused as he called him closer and the demon bounced close to his human, slouching over him like a wet dog and in turn, pushing both of them flat against the huge stone, chest to chest.

 

The sun shone as their background, and Baek Hyun was warm and cold under him.

 

===

 

He never noticed this before, but it seemed, day by day, Baek Hyun’s hair kept growing, they were trimmed into neatness after a while and the colour had changed rapidly from black to white.

 

It was under the moonlight one day, when they were walking over the air, step by step taken with care and the umbrella was opened wide upon their heads to support their weight in the air.

 

“Uwah, Baek Hyun-nie!” He called, voice laced with wonder and tenderness and it startled the boy so. “Your hair!” He said a little too excitingly. “You’re just like starlight!”

 

Baek Hyun’s eyes were judgmental, but there was no mistake of the red he saw flushing across his human’s cheeks in that instant second.

 

“Stop being embarrassing, it’s unsightful.” The human said as they kept walking among the smoky cold cloud, hair damped by the misty haze.

 

It was cold, the sky had always been this way, but Baek Hyun liked moving in this way –up in the air, surrounded by clouds and the fireflies that twinkled ever so lovingly in the midst of dark blue. The wind was soft as they breeze through the human’s hair.

 

Baek Hyun’s arm was crossed over his, inner elbow to inner elbow and Chan Yeol had straightened their arms together, taking cold palm into his and intertwined long fingers with thin ones.

 

Baek Hyun still looked red.

 

“Hey, shine bright only for me, understand? Only me!”

 

===

 

“Are you tired?” The demon asked one day, voice filled with childish worry and the human turned to look at him with a sigh.

 

“I’ll be alright in a while.” Baek Hyun had responded, hands pushed behind to support his weight as they sat upon the moist lime grass.

 

The clouds were puffy in white with vibrant blue blanketing behind them.

 

Out of all the places they’ve been, the demon liked this place the best. The fishes, the corals, the trees –they shined in various colours, sparkled under the sunlight and glimmered hauntingly under the moonlight. In the sunlight, the whole ground emitted a sort of a soft coral pink mist, like a painting, a of brush behind the swimming turquoise fishes.

 

And when it rained, the vast expanse of the field turned into a shallow river or ocean because the field was so vast and fishes would roll and swam under the water before flying out all around him in the open air. And then on a cloudy evening after the rain, the water would reflect the sky, like a mirror, extending its end and making everything an endless visage of the peaceful clouds and dimming sunlight.

 

It was as if they were in the sky itself, sitting on nothing and needing no umbrella to take them to places. He can hold Baek Hyun’s hand like this, warm against cold and the boy would say nothing of it as the demon would kiss him.

 

He liked them.

 

He liked everything because Baek Hyun was there. With him –all his.

 

“Hey Baek Hyun-nie,” he called, catching the boy’s attention with his soft voice.

 

“What is it?” the human male asked, voice tired and he took in a deep breath, still out of breath.

 

They didn’t even walk that far and fifty years ago, Baek Hyun was really fitter than this.

 

“Do you want to settle down?” The demon smiled because yeah.

 

He wanted to see the rest of the world, but the thought of staying here in one place with Baek Hyun was definitely nicer.

 

He turned to look at the human boy he’d kidnapped years and decades ago and smiled at the thought of youthful and angry face. A puppy, his puppy, his human, his everything. Ah, the heart under his used to be dead, useless for why should he need them when he can’t die? And yet, here he was, feeling, and feeling them beating and beating and panicking and was it possible for it to leap away? Into Baek Hyun’s grip for that was where it belonged?

 

Why was it beating that way?

 

Why? Why? Why?

 

Ha, funny.

 

Because it was love, wasn’t it?

 

Love!

 

Chan Yeol really didn’t mind settling down here, there, among the ocean that only existed after a rain and fishes flying all around in many colours and sky to appear so low in the evening that turned everything orange and purple and blue.

 

Baek Hyun smiled back, leaning up and the demon grinned as he leaned down.

 

“Sure.”  

 

The lips that pressed against his were sweeter than any orbs of soul.

 

===

 

“Hey, Baek Hyun-nie.”

 

The demon called the male who’d lain by his side as he looked up at the perfect feature of the human boy he came to love.

 

Upon the small mound, they built a cabin made of white wood. Chan Yeol didn’t want them in the beginning, but Baek Hyun can get sick if exposed to rain and sunlight too much and he remembered, the boy was a human after all. It was understandable that he was weak against such harsh weather, but at least, on top of this mound that was too low to be a hill, they built their paradise so that when it rained and flooded, their cabin would appear to be floating in the middle of nowhere, on the water with fishes swimming and flying about everywhere and in the evening, they were high among the clouds.

 

“What?” Came the gruff reply.

 

The bed was spacious. Chan Yeol liked spaces despite how he tended to crowd the warm male until their limbs all tangled and became one and all he did all night was to study the beautiful man’s face from next to him, counting his eyelashes and his pore and his beauty marks.

 

Look at that reddening skin. They were so alive, weren’t they? So pretty, and his.  

 

“We’ll stay this way forever, right?” he asked, long fingers cradled through thinning hair, feeling the scalp easily and Baek Hyun still had his eyes closed. His hair used to be thicker, black and now they were all silver, platinum and shined ever so brightly.

 

Like a star.

 

Starlight.

 

The human had lain on his back, one hand atop of his torso while the other on his side. The blanket had covered to his chest and the demon had lain on his side, a palm cradling his face and elbow used to push his upper body up.

 

“You’ll have to let me go one day, you know.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I will die.”

 

“And I won’t let you.”

 

Baek Hyun finally opened his eyes. His face still remained the same in the demon’s eyes –tout and soft and cute. It was as if years and time can never have any effect on the human boy and Chan Yeol was again struck with wonder and admiration for how the man can remain this way. To him –in his eyes, at least.

 

“Allow me only that wish, Chan Yeol.”

 

“You don’t want to stay with me?”

 

“I want to, but it’s unnatural for me.”

 

“You’re not being fair to me.”

 

“No, love, you’re not being fair to me.”

 

“I only want you to stay here with me.”

 

The laughter sounded forced, sad even and the demon wasn’t smiling anymore.

 

“I will have to go soon.”

 

===

 

The moon was out that night. They were yellow among the dark blue backdrop and the fishes that swarmed around it glittered in many colours. Orbs of orange, purple, yellow, cyan and white. They were beautiful –the sight was, at least.

 

But they were not outside. Lain on the ground, holding each other’s hands and accompanied by the night breeze –no. They were in the cabin, one human on the bed and one demon on a chair.

 

“Do you still remember your promise?”

 

The question was drawled out in a slow tempo. Word by word spoken with slurred precision and the demon looked down to the boy with no offered smile, but only hollow eyes.

 

“I’ve made many.” He said with an empty laugh, but at least his smile was genuine when the boy on the bed laughed out at him.

 

“Don’t be like that, now,” the boy said and squeezed the two palms that were close to crushing his cold and bony palm. An old man’s skin, texture, but in the demon’s eyes, forever a boy’s feature. What a fool, so loyal and delusional with immeasurable love.

 

“I won’t keep you here.” The demon said, feeling his chest sunken in at his promise and his world spun into a massive hurricane because he hated himself for being tied down to the one thing he can’t do. His head felt light, but his chest was so heavy. What a burden, to have this, to have a heart, to be able to feel and love. He couldn’t breathe despite how he didn’t need to since the beginning, and his eyes were so wet. His sight was getting blurry and his nose was runny.

 

“Thank you.” The weak voice sounded grateful and Chan Yeol stared at the young face that was looking at him.

 

It was as if Baek Hyun was trying to drink him up, as if this was the last time they can feast upon each other’s presence. Just like this, and it was drowning the demon.

 

Because this may be the last time for them.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun was out of breath, he was struggling to breath. He had been that way since moments ago and that was when Chan Yeol knew that this was it.

 

He had decades to anticipate this moment, and yet.

 

And yet.

 

“Hey, sweetheart.” He called, voice broken and he smiled painfully.

 

It was hard, it was laughable how he thought that it was the easiest thing to do years ago, back when he was still naïve and playful and greedy. Back when it was so easy for him to smile.

 

Baek Hyun looked so far away, mouth gaping and still so very pretty when he stared up at the demon with soft eyes.

 

He nodded. So weak and so frail –so human.

 

“Your hair,” the demon said, voice breaking again. “You’re like starlight, love.” He sobbed and the hand in his grasp was cold. There was a squeeze, so weak and so soft, but he can still feel it. Chan Yeol can’t breathe.

 

The human boy smiled.

 

It was small, but it was a smile nonetheless, and it wasn’t even hard for him to read the chapped lips.

 

The words were filled with tenderness before eyelids slowly fall over, tired out by life and so bloody human.

 

I love you.

 

He leaned down, forehead rested atop of squeezed and lifeless cold hand.

 

“I love you.” He said, knowing that no one will hear him. “I love you so much,” He said again. “I love you, I love you.”

 

But no.

 

He wasn’t sorry that he can’t keep his promise.

 

===

 

There was a carriage.

 

The carriage was made out of black metal and glass and it stopped at the foot of the hill, by the gate, shadowed by the looming moon.

 

The moon on this side of the world was different than any other because here, there, nowhere, the moon was alive.

 

And the moon was cruel.

 

It has a face, teeth sharp as it smiled maliciously and everything, nothing there in that world was sharp.

 

“One try.”

 

The wind had whispered at the demon that stood with a huge grin in front of the sharp looking Victorian style ironed black gate. Spades pointy and sharp and the demon looked so devilishly handsome in a three piece suit, black and striped in thin white lines. He wore a black top hat with white satin ribbon and his knee-length boots were black too.

 

The demon had a black umbrella with him and a shovel.

 

Upon the gate were hills and hills, acres, miles of them and every inch of the ground was filled with white headstones. Rectangles, squares, triangles –everything.

 

The demon was confident when he climbed over the gate, whistling under his breath as he jumped onto the ground and walked with head held up high. Wet grass, moans of the dead calling for him and it was almost too noisy, but the demon was still very calm. His concentration was unquestionable for he was on an important mission. Very, very important mission.

 

His skin was white, his hair was black and over his right eye, was a black patch.

 

He traded them to be here, see, and he had a rather huge package to pick up.

 

The carriage was still waiting after all, no creatures to pull them, but the wind that night was on his side.

 

Behind the moon here, the ground looked black, grass dark and only headstones white amidst of it all. The world was shaped like a ring, dead on the outer side and alive on the inside.

 

A dead man buried on the other half of the sphere and his soul lay and free on this side of the ring. So theoretically (And been proven so thousands of times before), a man can never be truly dead, soul free to be taken from this side to live in an eternal bliss (or torture too, most of the times –petty revenge, let’s just say).     

 

He walked straight and passed fifteen headstones, turned left and head south and up and up the hill before climbing down again, passing fifty, sixty, thirty and forty more and despite how everything looked the same, they felt different.

 

“Only one try, demon, one.” The wind reminded him again, voice haughty and young, hushing and gushing with no physical body, but voice ghosting over him and only him.

 

“I heard you, sweet boy, I heard you.” The demon said with a grin.

 

He was happy.

 

He was almost there.

 

Their connection was strong, and the harder his dead heart started to beat, he knew the nearer he was to the one tombstone he seek.

 

West from there, and right and up and down, thirty-two, seventeen, three and finally, blank white tombstone and the demon was jumpy with glee pumping into his blood (if he had them).

 

“This is it.” He said. “Can you hear me, Se Hun-nie? This is it!” he laughed, giddy and he threw his umbrella to the side.

 

 “One try, demon, remember that. If you’re wrong –”

 

“Pfft, don’t mock me, boy, you think I don’t know my starlight when I see him?”

 

He grabbed the shovel and aimed for the soft ground.

 

“In case you didn’t notice, demon, as far as any light anyone can see from here is that lantern from your dingy carriage miles from here and my master judging us from above.”

 

“Don’t be cynical, dear Se Hun-nie, you are yet to be of age to understand love.”

 

“Love? Don’t mock me, you ugly being, love was the very thing that brought me here.”

 

“What, a dead, bitter old soul? You made a deal with the one being no one even dared to imagine and instead of love you seek –”

 

“Deal, you said? That was hardly a deal, it was a scam. I’m being made a slave, worked like some unworthy with having to take unsightly demons like you yourself, sir, merrying around dark and dirty graveyard for some delusional romance.”

 

He dug and dug and dug and his heartbeat was running faster and faster.

 

“I don’t know what your master has been teaching you, child, but clearly, your manners are horrid.” The demon tutted to himself before straightening up and stared at the moon up high in the black sky with a sigh. “Lu Han, I’m disappointed.”

 

The demon shook his head and the wind was cold, whipping his hair messy and if it wasn’t for the sticky spell he placed on his hat, the thing would surely flew away from the horridness of some wind-soul’s attitude.

 

Chan Yeol’s eyes were getting teary, he didn’t know why and then, among the black earth and soil, there was white, silver glowing so blindingly –like a star, hidden and buried beneath black soil. It was hard to breath, and somehow, it reminded him of heartbreak all over again. The way his guts were churning, and the way how everything seemed to sunken in on him.

 

He let out a shaky breath before crouching down in the hole he’d dug, tossing the shovel up and away and used his fingers to claw at the soil.

 

White, there were more and more of white –and a face!

 

His face was wet, there were strange liquid dripping down his eyes and nose and see –heartbreak all over, (Why? Why? Why?) and he sobbed when white hair met his eyes and then skin, that was once old and prune and freckled now young, taut and beautiful.

 

He knew that.

 

He knew that face so well, those pores, that nose, those eyebrows.

 

His fingers were shaky as they touched the face after so long, before hands after that quickly clear the earth from covering the body. His hands were trembling as he pulled the body to his chest, palms careful in cradling the small head and he laid a kiss to its cold head.  

 

“Sweetheart,” he called, cleaning the lovely face he’d come to miss so much as he touched the spot next to his lover’s eyes. “Starlight, wake up.” He sobbed as he pulled away a hand, biting at his wrist until the skin tore, vein cut and blood pore out like a broken pipe. Red washed over the pale skin and the demon rubbed his cut over the male’s whole face with giddy anticipation.

 

“Demon’s blood always works.” Lu Han told him. “You don’t need it anyway, you can’t even die, so bathe the other ugly one in it for all I care.”

 

“You think it’ll work?” The wind’s voice hushed over the air. “It better work, I’ll kill you if all this is for nothing.” Se Hun groaned.

 

“Patience, child.” The demon hushed him.

 

At first, there was nothing. Nothing. The face didn’t change, there was no sense of movement, or warmth –everything was the same cold and dead thing. The demon remained unmoved, clinging to a dead body with so much hope despite the nagging doubt seeding at the back of his mind with unneeded questions.

 

Will it really work?

 

Was this a farce?

 

Was he being delusional again?

 

Was he a fool for hoping for something so hopeless this much?

 

And then there was a moan.

 

The demon thought that it certainly took his breath away and he had pull his arm away, scrambling over the body and scanning over tainted pale face. It felt as if his soul had left his body when he thought that he can feel movement, it probably did, except that the demon had no soul, and the thought of him panicking over was laughable that it brought sheer embarrassment for even thinking about it.

 

It was then that the eyes scrunched tightly before finally, they opened.

 

The orbs were no longer black, but now, they were grey.

 

The demon’s hands were shaking. His body felt weak and his eyes felt hot.

 

“Love?” He croaked out. Unsure and scared and his starlight looked up to him from his embrace. His skin was taut and young again, but his hair was platinum, eyes grey and lips tinted with a hint of purple. A perfect look of a walking dead.

 

There was no response and the demon knew no worry as deep as the one he was contemplating at that moment, anxious as he waited for a reply, an acknowledgement, but there was only silence.

 

But then it happened.

 

It was not the response he had imagined, the perfect love scenario he had been deluding himself with for the past six decades, no, not like that. But it happened.

 

A mocking smile, a twinkle of life and mirth lighting the grey eyes and the fair skin wrinkled when thin lips moved with words.

 

“Foolish demon,” The star spoke, “Can’t you leave me in peace?” He said and the demon couldn’t figure out the overwhelming feeling that was gushing into him from all points, stabbing into his chest and his stomach and he can’t breathe. He just broke down, a broken machine, a foolish demon.

 

“No,” he sobbed, wrapping his arms tightly around the corpse’s body. “No, how can I go on without you?” He cried out, pride and ego casted aside as his body rocked with his crumbling helplessness. “I can’t do it,” He said. “I need you, I miss you, I can’t do it, love.”

 

The knuckle that hit his head was small and strong and it was painful, but the demon didn’t care.

 

No, he didn’t.

 

“You’re embarrassing, demon, don’t cry over a dead man.” He said, “I feel young though, my skin is all tout.” but the demon didn’t care anymore, what started as a controlled sob now turned into a full scale wailing.

 

No.

 

He didn’t care anymore.

 

“Come, love,” The star, the corpse, the human, the man, the boy –his Baek Hyun said. “I’m here now, don’t weep, you look ugly when you do so. I’m here.”

 

The moon had looked cynical, the wind might have snorted a laugh or two or more, but the demon didn’t have the guts and strength to care anymore.

 

His love was here, his love was not going away anymore. Eternity lay ahead of them, the world was their playground.

 

“I love you.” The demon cried out. “I love you so much, please don’t leave me again. Sixty years, I’ve worked for you, sixty years alone.” He whimpered and then he was pulled. Cold hands made a grab at his head and pulled him down to a pair of cold thin lips.

 

The kiss was all that he remembered them to be. Passionate and filled with love and warmth and gentleness and kindness and the demon wept.

 

“I love you too.” was mumbled between the kiss. “I love you more.” The voice was a hush. “I’m yours just as much as you’re mine, don’t forget that.” It was a promise.

 

“I am,” The demon said. “Forever, I am yours.” He promised.

 

And that was the story of the demon and the boy.

 

The wind looked on with envy, the moon was beaming down with mockery for all of their judgement and scorn, it was all for nought. They knew. They all knew very well.

 

The love of the demon and the boy was eternal.

 

Their love will know no end.

 

And they all knew.

 

 

-End-

 

a/n: What did I tell you guys??? Hardcore fluff, man! Hah! It’s that time of the month, dude, bear with me, please! So, as you can see, the mood of the story is akin to that of Howl’s Moving Castle. I know it leans more towards western-ish, despite them being Asian, but, yeah. Heh.

 

I can’t help you guys with images for the places they’ve been in Chanyeol’s world, but the jellyfish in the forest should look like the one from the movie Avatar. The part at the hill that turns to sea was obviously inspired by Spirited Away and some images of the salt lake in Bolivia.

 

And that’s that.

 

Please drop me a comment or two and lemme know what you guys think!

 

-bluecoins