1. Where I Think I Saw My Kimchi

My Endearing Kimchi

Under the bus stop, there stood me and the apple of my eyes. I thought she'd distance herself from me if she had noticed how I chuckled every time I saw her and her clumsy side. This wasn't the first time we met, probably only I've noticed her and not her noticing me. We never know. She was under the spotlight, memorising her lines for the play and I was coincidentally there all the time as the stage manager. Though, I'm a freelance photographer I play and important part to the stage. Her dorky smiles always made me feel at peace. I never really want to figure why, but I do know she's someone I don't want to be close with.

She's very positive. A professional actress, no doubt! It's very common for others to feel unlikeable towards each other but her I'd like to differ.

'Hello.' the voice became indistinguishable.

'Stage-nim!' she said out loud because of the heavy rain. Well that made me able to figure reality and dream. She was waving her hand in front of me, like that dorky she is. I took the time to look at her. It's not everyday you'll be able to look at someone  you like closer. 

'Stage-nim!' she said again, looking confused she shook my body. If that was someone else I might have cussed them, but it felt different.

'Oh, who are you?' I asked.

She laughed. 'Stage-nim I'm Wendy aka Seungwan who played Dorothy.' Since I'm well known as the cold stage manager, I looked away from her gaze. Her eyes the shone as she explained which makes it harder for me to avoid.

'So it's-' I can feel myself wanting to smile as wide as her but that'll be ok obvious. ', you.' I searched my bag for something. She then sat beside me, a sudden gush of heat hit me. 

'Stage-nim would like to eat with me?' 

'I-' shrugging my neck. Having a conflict with myself and wanting to say yes but being the hard and stubborn Do Know everyone has heard about, I'd like to say no but then..

She took my hands and pull me away with her strength and ran across the street under the rain like a musical play I once held, La La Land. But that play wasn't about yielding anyone's feeling, unlike me. She brought me into a barbecue shop, I never know or heard.

We sat on a rounded table, then the ahjumma came. 'OH, Seungwan!! Who is this pretty boy here?' She chuckled. And still in shock, she touched my hands that I rested on a table.

'Ahjumma, this is my boss!' she laughed and said she wants the usual but enough for us both.

I looked away from her once, but she keeps making me looking at her. Every time my eye gazes somewhere else, she was there cupping my face to face her.

'Stage-nim, please don't gaze somewhere else.' Hearing that made me utterly confused with her words.

'Your eyes they're very empty and I feel like-' she looked somewhere while fiddling with her feet. 'I don't know if I should say this but I want to fill your eyes with beautiful things.' The ahjumma returned with a tray filled with beef and 6 bottles of soju. 

'I'm sorry but why is there 6 bottles of soju?' I asked.

'Ah, Seungwan always asks for 5 and I don't know if you want that much so I took 1 for you.', she smiled with her hands in the pocket of her apron.

'Seungwan-shii, what do you mean?' 

'Stage-nim, let me be your friend.'

If I hadn't been seen as a heartless person, I'd smile cheerfully and tell her how I'm thankful for whatever she wants to do with me. But I said nothing. In the heavy rain that sounded like music in my head.