Karaoke Night

That's Life.... Jongdae Style

In celebration of another win at the MAMA Awards, EXO decided to take a night out on the town and enjoy a little karaoke fun.

 

The stage lighting dimmed to reveal a baby grand piano and a lone man with a bright pink feather boa wrapped around his slender frame. His simple white dress shirt and tailored dress pants sported a few wrinkles due to the fact the group had been out drinking and laughing for several hours already. As the first notes of the song drifted from the speakers, the man slowly pulled the boa tighter from where it had rested just above his nicely defined derriere up to the back of his neck. In so doing it drew the hem of his shirt up, exposing a glimpse of skin. Junmyeon made a noise somewhere between a squawk and a gasp at the sight.

 

“What’s Jongdae doing?” Chanyeol asked in his booming voice.

 

“Singing, baby,” Baekhyun answered without taking his eyes off of the stage.

 

“But he-” Chanyeol tried again only to have Baekhyun silence him with a sudden kiss, grabbing his tie to bring Chanyeol's lips close enough to ravage. The pair was occupying a booth slightly away from the rest of group. Baekhyun was more or less draped across Chanyeol's lap with his head resting on his boyfriend's shoulder, while still maintaining a clear view of the stage. After the kiss, Chanyeol lost all interest in anything or anyone except the twinkling-eyed temptation in his arms.

 

Yixing opened his mouth to ask a question, his brows furrowed in confusion, only to have Luhan lean over Sehun who was snoring with his head on the tabletop and a half empty peach daiquiri just out of reach of his hand, to whisper, “He’s not drunk, Jongdae's just tired of waiting,” with a nod towards the stage.

 

“That’s Life” Jongdae sings in his heartbreaking, beautiful voice while somehow turning the soulful song into a mini striptease, all the while watching the effects on Junmyeon.

 

By the time the fourth button on Jongdae‘s shirt popped open, Kris was shielding Tao’s eyes and declaring it to be their turn to buy snacks as he hurried Tao towards the exit.

 

The noise of Luhan's and Yixing’s cheering made Sehun stir slightly, until Luhan rubbed his back and reassured him everything is alright.

 

Meanwhile Minseok was busily typing away on his phone, presumably updating his SuChen fan site.

 

As Jongdae crooned the last line of the song, he draped himself dramatically across the table in front of Junmyeon, his shirt now completely ed and sweat glistening on his exposed skin.

 

“Okay! Time to go!” Junmyeon squeaked as he grabbed Jongdae‘s wrist and dashed for the door. “We're taking the car. You all just stay here and enjoy yourselves. I'm leaving my credit card with Yixing.” EXO’s leader shouted over his shoulder as he tossed his charge card to Yixing. 

 

“What did we miss?” Kyungsoo asked, as he and a very rumpled Jongin returned to the table.

 

“Well that was a long bathroom break, you two,” Baekhyun said knowingly.

 

Kyungsoo smirked in response while Jongin blushed and continued to look rather stunned.

 

“Oh, the usual.” Luhan replied to Kyungsoo with a mischievous smile as he plucked the card from Yixing’s grasp. “Oh waitress…..”


 

The next morning finds a sleepy eyed Baekhyun shuffling to the coffee maker. He isn't the first person with the need for little caffeine that morning, Jongdae is already there pouring two mugs of coffee.

 

“Good morning! How are you on this fine day?” Jongdae chirps in a far too cheery voice for his hungover band mate. “Coffee?” He hands Baekhyun a steaming mug before strolling back towards Junmyeon's room.

 

Baekhyun is still standing glued to the same spot when his boyfriend finds him.

 

“What's the matter, sweetheart?” Chanyeol asks his nonresponsive boyfriend.

 

“I never want to see that ever again!” Baekhyun says, shaking his head as he snapped out of his daze. “Jongdae was sporting some very interesting marks all over his body and I'm pretty sure he was wearing Junmyeon's boxers.”

 

“So it went well then?” Chanyeol chuckles. “Besides it's not as if you haven't flaunted a few hickies in the past.”

 

“That's different when it’s you and me, but we're talking Junmyeon! That's just gross!” Baekhyun shudders.

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he removes the mug from Baekhyun’s hand. “If it helps, you're a better actor then Jongdae. No one believed he was drunk.”


“Thanks. That's why I love you the best. You know how to make me feel better. Now let’s go make each other feel better.” Baekhyun offers with an eyebrow waggle.

 

A/N I don't own the picture (obviously). The story was inspired by Old Blue Eyes' (aka Frank Sinatra) song 'That's Life'. Check it out, it helps to set the tone for the first part of the story. 

P.S. Comments are always welcome!