Ch. 5

Flutter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

After a short rest for lunch halfway through, lots of snacks and very little talking despite everything, you had finally reached your destination. You weren’t even the one driving, but you felt completely exhausted. You glanced at Sehun, but he looked just the same as he had in the morning, with just a few hairs sticking up in the wrong direction.

Sehun stopped the car in front of the hotel and you instantly knew the long drive there was worth it.

The place was gorgeous. Jieun had shown you photos when she was choosing, but the actual place was even better. The building was a large white mansion, there were beautiful flowers and trees everywhere and the inside already seemed inviting and warm.

A valet quickly came to open your door and you stepped out, suddenly quite conscious of your still messy morning state. The man didn’t seem to pay attention to that as he greeted you warmly.

Sehun opened the boot and your bags were quickly taken care of by some hotel staff. You had barely walked a few steps towards the entrance of the hotel when Sehun suddenly grabbed your hand and looped it under his bent arm. A week ago you may have stomped away, but today you just gave him a light squeeze as he smiled under his nose.

Inside you were met by the concierge - a somewhat small and elderly, but friendly looking man.

“Good afternoon and welcome,” he greeted happily. “You must be Mr Oh and Miss Kwon, the bride-to-be already informed us about a handsome couple arriving this afternoon!”

You blushed a shade of tomato while Sehun looked positively smug as he thanked the man.

“My name is Mr Kang and I will be taking care of you during your stay,” the man continued. “If I am not around please feel free to chat to my lovely wife behind the desk over there.”

You peeked to the side where the man was gesturing towards and you saw an even smaller elderly lady behind the very tall receptionist desk. She smiled brightly at you and waved energetically. You waved shyly back before your attention was taken back by Mr Kang again.

“Let me take you to your room now,” he quickly started walking and you followed. “Our biggest suite is taken by the bride and groom, but by the request of the bride herself you have the next best one!”

You knew Jieun would do something overboard like this and you had to resist the urge to facepalm in embarrassment.

“There is a pool outside, but if you’d like we can also arrange for cars to take you to the sea, there is a private beach just half an hour away.” Mr Kan continued talking about all the places you could visit, making sure he highlights which ones are more ‘touristy’ and which ones are ‘very romantic’. Sehun nodded politely and you supplied smiles where necessary, trying not to blush too much.

Finally you stopped in front of a pair of large double doors.

“The bride and groom are on the opposite end of the corridor,” Mr Kand said as he unlocked the door. “And this is your room, your bags should already be inside. Call me any time if there is anything you need!”

And with that he handed you the keys to the room and quickly shuffled away.

You both stood there awkwardly for a moment, trying to catch up with everything that had just happened. You were the first to move as you let go of Sehun and pushed the doors open.

It was one of the prettiest rooms you had ever seen.

It was a large open space with everything in tones with light greys and browns and gold accents. You immediately saw the huge terrace and walked to it pushing open the French windows.

A light breeze hit your face and you giggled excitedly. You continued our exploration as Sehun lagged behind.

The bedroom was spacious and had an enormous bed with a very intricate frame and big fluffy looking duvets and pillows. You happily jumped on it and wiggled around just as Sehun entered the room.

You looked up to see him watching you with a raised eyebrow and a small smile on his lips.

“It’s so soft!” You said, shuffling off it as you continued to the last room left to see.

The bathroom was probably the size of your bedroom at home. You were suddenly nervous about sharing a bathroom with Sehun, but then something completely overclouded that anxiety.

You poked your head out back into the bedroom, where Sehun was sitting on the bed looking out the window seemingly in a daze.

“Sehun!” You almost shrieked, making the man jump.

“What is it?” He suddenly got up, walking towards you with a worried look on his face.

“Sehun, we have a jacuzzi!” You squealed, grabbing his hand and dragging him inside. “Look, it’s so big!”

Sehun chuckled next to you, a low rumble that made you look at him.

“It is meant for two people, after all.” He said looking at you with an amused smile on his lips.

You mouth formed a small ‘o’ as you realised what he meant. This was indeed a room that was intended for couples. Real couples that would share a jacuzzi.

You quickly let go of his hand, feeling a blush creep up your neck.

“I should probably go find Jieun,” you mumbled looking at him nervously.

Sehun’s eyes were dark as he hummed, nodding.

“Go say hi, I think I might take a nap,” he said, yawning. He gave you a soft pat on the head, his hand big and warm, before he walked back to the bedroom.

You took a moment to wash your face with some cold water and tie your hair again before following after him.

Sehun was already on the bed, lying on his back on top of all the covers. You tiptoed closer as you watched him. He had one hand on his chest as the other one was outstretched next to him with his phone still in it. His mouth was slightly agape as he breathed steadily.

The small scar on his cheek drew your attention again and you had to resist the urge to trace it with your finger. He was kind of cute and innocent looking when he was sleeping.

You took a step back and grabbed the blanket left on one of the chairs and carefully pulled it over him. Sehun didn’t even stir. You realised that even though he might have refused to admit it or show it, he was probably exhausted after being up so much earlier than you and then driving for so long.

Before you could stop yourself, your fingers had made their way to his hair, threading through it. It was so soft. You immediately bit your lip in embarrassment and tiptoed out as quickly as possible, your heart thumping in your chest a bit too hard.

~

“Darling, I love you, but why do you look like ?”

“Wow, so nice to see you too,” you rolled your eyes playfully at your friend. Jieun chuckled as she opened the door wider for you to come in.

Their suite was even more extravagant than yours, definitely fit for a bride and groom. You immediately saw Minseok sprawled on one of the couches, playing a game on his phone.

“How’s Sehun?” Was his first question as soon as he noticed you.

“Wow, not even a greeting from you either. You’re perfect for each other.” You

Please log in to read the full chapter