fin

why can't we be together in fanfictions

 

It would be a lie to say that they were unaware of the floating fanfictions about them but nevertheless, most of them feign ignorance. They were taboos. All of the members are attractive after all and ships may get turned upside down and wrong people might fall for the wrong people and war might ensue and cause the so called and so feared disbandment.

Still they have phones and an internet connection and an unquenchable curiosity.

Really it wasn’t Jisoo’s fault this time. She’s not always breaking dem rules (although she seems like one to do so). Rather, it was all Lisa’s doing. Of course the only person that this maknae thought would indulge her was Jisoo so she gets dragged into the mess anyway.

Fortunately but not really, Lisa wasn’t reading any fanfiction that involved the BLACKPINK members. Well not all of them at least.

 

So it goes like this. Lisa admires their Red Velvet sunbaenims so much and she stumbled on a fanfiction. Jisoo didn’t think it was harmful and so she kind of may have helped the younger girl hide it from Jennie. Otherwise the latter would’ve strangled both of them.

 

However, when Lisa came barging in her room in the middle of the night, she knew she made the wrong decision.

The maknae was crying, literally, before she jumped into Jisoo’s bed and hugged her in the most suffocating hug ever that Jisoo panicked and thought something bad happened.

Before she could ask what was wrong, Lisa patted her head and rubbed her back in the most gentle way the usually rough maknae could muster and Jisoo was left confused, awkwardly frozen underneath the covers.

“Shhh Jisoo, it’s alright. I’m here. We’re here. You’ll get your happy ending soon.” Lisa fake sniffled.

Jisoo blinked. She was confused although her ears did perk up at Lisa’s lack of honorifics. Wait that wasn’t important. What was Lisa talking about?

“I’m sure Seulgi sunbaenim likes you a lot but as you know, Seulrene is real.”

“Huh?!”

A few minutes passed and Lisa was still suffocating the air out of her with the embrace until the girl decided to finally let her go only to fetch her phone. Lisa quietly handed it to the older girl, a look of pity on her face.

“Why do you always become the second girl, Jisoo?” Lisa remarked, pushing the phone closer to Jisoo’s face.

Jisoo squinted, “What.”

“I mean not that it’s not an honor! Fans actually consider you worthy to be a Seulrene third party! I want to be in it too!” Lisa whined.

Jisoo feels her head ache. Third party. What.

“Give me that!” She frowned, snatching Lisa’s phone before hiding under the safety of her blanket.

Lisa understood what it meant.

“Have fun reading! Also don’t be too sad alright, Jisoo?” Maknae says before leaving Jisoo’s room, this time quietly.

Jisoo on the other hand starts reading, a task proving to be difficult with all the English words that's making her dizzy. She continues anyway.

 

 

Jisoo frowns as Lisa keeps snickering at her. The younger girl keeps on teasing her about the fanfictions and she shouldn’t be annoyed but she is. Jisoo’s pretty sure she has a lot in common with Kang Seulgi sunbaenim yet why?!

 

 

Seulgi thumps her legs up and down, eyes scouring the place as she waited outside, in front of an entertainment she shouldn’t even be seen to. She had asked Soyoung to come with her but the latter left to buy some coffee and told her that she’ll catch up.

So now Seulgi was standing alone in front of YG Entertainment, waiting for her YG friend who happens to be Kim Jisoo. Yes, BLACKPINK’s Kim Jisoo who a week ago had asked her to drop by if she has the time.

“Seulgi unnie!” Speaking of.

“Jisoo yah!” Seulgi greeted back, “I brought Soyoung with me, I hope you don’t mind.”

Jisoo grins back, “It’s okay, Lisa’s with me too.”

Lisa appeared a second later, a grin also plastered to her face, “Hello sunbaenim!”

“Lol just call her unnie. You can call me, Joy.” Soyoung interrupted before offering them pieces of paper cups, “Coffee?”

Lisa’s grin stretched further, “Risky offer. Jisoo unnie is too hyper already.”

“Shut up maknae and accept the veterans’ offer!” Jisoo scolds before accepting the coffee from Soyoung who was trying not to crack up.

Seulgi laughed, “So what did you want to talk about?”

Lisa nudged Jisoo, digging her elbow towards Jisoo’s sides which earned her a pained grunt from the older girl.

Taking a deep breath, Jisoo narrowed her eyes as she focused on Seulgi.

 

“Unnie… do you have a relationship with Irene sunbaenim? Why do you always choose her? What’s wrong with me? I’m always the second girl.”

 

Seulgi blinked at Jisoo who was pouting. Once. Twice.

Beside them, Lisa and Soyoung were already wheezing in laughter, thoroughly amused with the whole situation at the moment.

“I’m not—huwah? I don’t… Relationship with Joohyun unnie?” Seulgi blinked again, looked at Soyoung briefly for help (which the latter did not provide), then back to Jisoo.

Soyoung was already cry laughing with Lisa. Of course she knew about the fanfictions, she just didn’t think BLACKPINK would be reading them of all people, much more lead into the current situation.

Jisoo just gave Seulgi a determined look, “So let me put it this way, unnie. Seulrene or Jiseul?”

Seulgi, still confused as ever, stared at the younger girl. She vaguely remembers the words ‘seulrene’ being mentioned during a radio show Red Velvet did a long time ago.

“Fine. Do you think I’m datable, unnie?” Jisoo asks.

“Of course?”

“Then would you consider dating me if I ask you now?”

Seulgi gaped.

“Is this a no? You are dating Irene sunbaenim after all! This is news! I’m sorry for-”

“W-wait! I’m not dating Joohyun unnie! I’m not dating, I swear!”

Jisoo frowned, “Then you can date me right?”

Seulgi turned to Soyoung for help but the younger only shrugged in response.

“I am good at supplying Pringles and I like Pokemon and I’m good at playing video games yet why do you forsake me Seul unnie?” Jisoo sniffed, dramatically turning her back.

Seulgi panicked at that and a panicking Seulgi is a gullible Seulgi.

“I understand, I understand! I like you too! Don’t cry, let’s date alright?”

As soon as it was out Seulgi’s lips, Jisoo tackled her into a hug, planted a kiss on her cheeks and ran back to her lair, the YG Entertainment Building. Lisa bows politely, thanks Soyoung for the coffee again and follows her unnie inside.

Outside, Seulgi stands. Still dumbfounded. Soyoung  pats her in the back in a lazy attempt at reassurance as a grin was still visible on her face.

“Don’t worry. Joohyun unnie won’t kill you. She’ll just slap you till you pass out for denying her hahahhahahahahahaha!”

 

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo was celebrating as Lisa handed her a couple of bucks.

“See? I told you! I’m not always the second girl and my acting skills are still superb so ha!” Jisoo grinned, making faces at Lisa.

Lisa only returned her grin, “Yeah and good luck explaining because I’m telling on you!”
 

“JENNIE UNNIE! JISOO CHEATED ON YOU SHE HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND!”
 

 Jisoo paused and then...

“YAH LALISA YOU BACKSTABBING DEVIL DO YOU WANT ME DEAD?!!”