You're Beautiful

Beautiful Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since i was young people keep telling me that i only look good with short hair, they said long hair made me look scary so i cut it really short. I really wish people will see me prettily but they just keep saying i look cool and seem like an oppa next door for them. I got many confessions from girls instead of boys, and i give up for trying to look pretty.

I met this girl, she's a sunbae of mine. Her name is Im Nayeon, she's a famous violinist from our school that i rarely see during school days since she keep going on a music competition.

I honestly don't pay attention to her, but once she moved to the room next to mine, i need to pay attention to her. She's the type who doesn't ask for help but somehow you'll end up taking care of her. 

Just like today, i need to jump from my balcony to hers just because i hear her screaming.

"AAAACK!"

"What is it?"

I see her keep jumping on her bed, i look around and see a cockroach flies to her wall. So i take my slipper and prepare to hit it but Nayeon shout at me.

"Stop, don't kill it"

"Why?"

"This ugly creature need to stay alive"

"But..."

"He need to come back safely to his family"

"How did you know it's a he? And why the heck do you care for this?"

"Just throw it away"

"What if this come back to your place?"

"I'll stay over to your place for refugee"

"Damn, why are you my sunbae?"

"Just do it, Jeongyeonie"

"Arasso, i get it"

I put my slipper down and approach the cockroach and catch it with tissue. Nayeon yell at me since she look so scared.

"Throw it away, throw it away!"

I go out to the balcony and throw it down. I suddenly run inside Nayeon place once i hear an old woman scream since there is a cockroach fell into her coffee.

Nayeon can't stop laughing at me when i tell her that. She even fall on the bed, keep holding on her stomach for laughing too much. I cover with my hand just so the person who live under us won't hear that.

****

She is so weird but i find her cute sometimes, we rarely talk on the school since she said to keep our relationship as neighbors as a secret. 

"Jeongyeon ah"

"How did you get into my room?"

"You usually hide your key under that potted plant, that's not safe you know"

"Yeah, i just realize it now. I should change my hiding place and be careful next time just in case a stalker like you will find it out again"

"Excuse me, i'm not stalker. I'm your friendly neighbor"

"Friendly neighbor my , you just ate my ice cream"

"What? Don't be mean, i was hungry okay. Sharing is caring, you know"

"Just get out of my room now, i beg you"

"No, i just find another cockroach while i'm trying to compose a song. This is your fault, so i'll leave here until you throw it away again"

"How is that consider as my fault, you're the one who doesn't clean your messy room often"

"Oh, Jeongyeonie, you shouldn't change the topic"

"Gosh, did you know you're so annoying right now Im Nayeon?"

"Is that a compliment?"

I keep shaking my head in disbelief, arguing with her is no use. I put down my bag and go to the balcony.

"Where are you going?"

"Your room"

"Why?"

"I'd rather sleep with that cockroach rather than with you"

"Yah, why are you so mean to me?"

Nayeon whines and keep holding on my arm as she prevent me to go to her place. She hold me tight just so i can't jump to her balcony. 

"I just want you to listen what i'm currently composing these days"

"Is that why you wait for me?"

I look at her and she just nods eagerly. I pat her head and chuckle softly. 

"I don't know much about music composition though"

"I just want you to listen and give me your opinion"

"Okay"

She stand there in front of me, she take her violin out of the case and put that wrinkle paper with no title on the bed. She look nervous, i try to encourage her by clapping and smiling as i call her name.

"Im Nayeon, Im Nayeon"

"Shhh"

She glares at me so i pretend to zip my mouth and be quiet. She start playing her violin as she close her eyes, the melody of the song she compose is great as if i was looking a scene where a wild horse running around freely and her song is the bgm of it. I close my eyes and listen more.

"There, i'm done"

Her voice startle me so i open my eyes and pout as i whine at her.

"I want to hear more"

"What?"

"Play that song again, what is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter