Galaxy [Prologue]

Red Planet [HIATUS]

“Youngjae, can you come down please?” the 6 year old perks up at the sound of his name and he stands on his two feet, pattering out of his playroom and towards his mother’s voice. He’s thin for his age and was often called dainty although he had no idea what that meant.

“Yes mommy?” he called out as he approached the woman standing behind the counter, she had a lovely smile on her face which made her dimples stand out. Youngjae saw his father sitting at the kitchen island and he raised an eyebrow.

“Daddy why are you home?” he asks and Taehwang regards his son with a soft smile, he gently lifts the child into his lap and holds him dearly.

“I came early because I need to tell you something Youngjae.” The little boy looks up at him with curious eyes and his small lips purse. Taehwang grins at the adorable sight of his youngest son and hugs him close causing his wife, Youngmi, to roll her eyes with a smile.

“You know that daddy owns a big company right? Well, one of my friends also has a company and we’d like to join together.” He begins and Youngjae blinks as he tries to follow the words. He understands, but he’s not sure why he’s being told. Taehwang pulls a yellow envelope from the briefcase on the table and Youngjae’s brows furrow.

“We’ve been talking and we’d like for you and his son Yongnam to get married when you’re older.” Taehwang announces as he reveals a photo from within the envelope. Youngjae looks at the person curiously, he sees a boy older than him with short hair and a wide grin, he has dimples too he notices.

“Married? Like mommy and daddy?” he frowns at the photo not understanding why he should marry this boy. What did it mean to be married anyways? Youngmi senses the confusion in the 6 year old and coaxes for her husband to clear the air. She wasn’t exactly happy with the fact that their youngest son was being engaged at such a young age but the Bang’s were a good family.

“You see Youngjae; marriage is being with the person you love the most. You’ll always have them by your side and they’ll give you hugs and kisses when you get home.” Taehwang says as he pecks his son’s cheeks, pulling sweet giggles from the child.

“Marriage means warm meals and being with your best friend always. It can also mean hard times but with each other you can overcome them at any time.” Youngjae puffs his cheeks and he’s reminded of his own best friend. Daehyun was no one to overcome hard times with, considering they’d both gotten hurt when the slightly elder child insisted they go adventuring.

“Your marriage won’t be like mommy and daddy’s but it’ll be your own. It will be happy if you want it to be and it will be sad if you let it be. Yongnam is 4 years older, so when you’re older he’ll take good care of you.” Youngmi explains and she places a kiss on her son’s nose.

Youngjae looks back down at the photo of the 10 year old and he feels warm in his tummy, he wants to be happy with warm meals and hugs and kisses. He can’t wait to be married.

 

However, Youngjae never ended up meeting Yongnam after the age of 11.

 

Youngjae had grown up to be a respectful man. His grades through school were excellent and he always strived to do his best, determined to always perform well. His cheeks had slimmed and his features graced him as he aged, he was still slender and thin but he was an item of beauty now.

As soon as he finished his university education he had taken over his father’s company. When he grew older he learned the true reason for the engagement and he couldn’t argue with it, for they were legitimate reasons to join the two companies.

Youngjae was now the CEO of the entertainment company, Yoo Music. They were a long running entertainment company who had talented artists however, their company was more focused on the dancers and choreographers where as his fiancés company, Bang Entertainment, was known for their high end composers.

Together, the two companies could share resources and produce even better music. They already mostly worked together with their fathers being good friends and all but with a union they could officially join the two companies.

Youngjae had become CEO at only 24 but his father was still helping him, only he was the face of the company now. His father had decided that his new focus would be to tend to the company members as well as all of the trainees. Youngjae’s mother was a vocal instructor as well.

Despite being stuck in an office job so early in life he didn’t hate it. Through his life he’d been a lover of music and as CEO he was always helping the musicians or idols with their own projects.

Youngjae’s company had a few groups who’ve already made their debut including D-Unit, The Ark and Electroboyz. And he was hoping to debut another male group by the end of April, it was currently February and he was busier than ever with global auditions.

Not a day went by that he wouldn’t think about his fiancé, it was strange that they’d never formally met. It left Youngjae in waiting and he felt insecure but he hadn’t brought up the topic with his father or mother. He didn’t want to appear desperate.

 

Youngjae sat at his desk with his cheeks puffed as he attempts to understand the numerous messages he had gotten from his secretary and best friend Daehyun. As wonderful as it was to have your best friend as your closest co worker, it would've been better if Daehyun wasn't so into using "teen slang" and "hip shortcuts".

"Daehyun what the hell does this even say?!" he mutters to himself and he decides to put his phone down when he gets an email. Youngjae sees an email from none other than Bang Entertainment, his heart drops to his stomach and he sits up straight.

 

Hello CEO Yoo,

 

If possible I'd like to meet with you to discuss the engagement plans decided by our parents. 

May we meet at the bistro down the street at 1:30pm today? I understand if it's too short of a notice.

 

Regards, 

Your fiancé

 

"Daehyun, grab Jongup and meet in my office. Now!" Youngjae frets into the receiver and he slams the phone down. His index nail immediately goes between his two front teeth and he waits.

Considering Jongup's office was on the same floor, it only took a matter of minutes before Youngjae was blessed with the presence of his friends. Jongup was the head choreographer and he had no classes before 2.

"What's so urgent Youngjae?" Daehyun asks as the two plop themselves down in the chairs situated in front of the CEO's desk. Youngjae doesn't say anything and he turns his monitor almost knocking over his name plate in the process.

He lets the two skim over the words and he hates the way they immediately break into smiles. Youngjae rolls his eyes and he turns the monitor despite Jongup's quiet protests of not being done yet.

"I don't get what the big deal is, isn't this a good thing hyung?" Jongup points out and Youngjae sends him such a comical expression of disbelief that Daehyun bursts out into laughter.

"He hasn't officially met him since he was 11. Isn't that right Youngjae? It's still a little strange to be honest, maybe you can clear things up." Youngjae nods at the question and he can remember when they first met those many years ago, it was something he'd never forget.

"I'm just so nervous... what if I mess up and say something weird? This is our first real meeting." Youngjae mumbles and Daehyun sighs at the lack of self esteem. Then again, he'd be nervous as hell too. They'd all been expecting Youngjae to get married the moment he turned 18 like those dramas on TV but it didn't happen.

"You'll be talking about the engagement so I guess it'll be a good thing? If you're getting married then you should really get to know each other." Jongup says and Youngjae slumps into his chair. 

"I mean I could always reschedule." Daehyun rolls his eyes,

"You're not rescheduling Youngjae. You're going to have to face him eventually, and think about it. You're going to have to live with him." Jongup nods along to this and the young CEO is at a loss. He nods glumly and types up a reply, saying that he'll see him there.

"There you go hyung, nothing to worry about. Just be yourself, because honestly you're both adults already so there's no need to hide your personality. It's also a business deal in a way." Youngjae doesn't like the sound of it being a business deal, if he's going to get married he at least hopes he can achieve what his parents have.

 

Youngjae's hands are clammy as he enters the bistro, his expensive shoes feel inferior to the shiny floors and he looks around. He'd never been to this place before and it was much closer than he anticipated.

"Hello welcome to Baller's Bistro, do you have a reservation?" the waitress asks with an award winning smile and Youngjae blinks in response. 

"No... but I'm supposed to be meeting someone. I'm Yoo Youngjae?" he brings out his name hoping that Yongnam mentioned him when entering, then again how did he even know if Yongnam was here yet? He hadn't even met the guy and he was already making a fool out of himself.

"Oh Mr. Yoo, yes Mr. Bang is waiting for you. Please follow me." she says in a chipper tone and Youngjae follows her as they weave through rows of booths, some filled some empty. He's lead upstairs and he wasn't even aware there was an upper floor.

He sees a sole man sitting at a table by the window, his legs crossed and his posture comfortable as he watches the city outside. Youngjae freezes when he lays eyes on his fiancé and his heart stops.

Although he'd seen him in numerous photos and articles, Yongnam was truly a stunning man. He seemed really delicate and he carried an aura of elegance, his black hair was slicked back and he had a gorgeous side profile.

Youngjae felt his knees shaking at this handsome man that was pretty much his. He cautiously approached and asked for the waitress to give them a moment to settle in before asking them for drinks and what not.

He walked closer and he could feel his heart thudding in his chest as he saw the way Yongnam's slender fingers taps the table cloth. Youngjae finally makes it to the table and he stops when he sees Yongnam smile stiffly up at him, strange, he could've sworn that Yongnam had dimples?

"Hello Youngjae, I'm Bang Yongguk." he introduces himself with a hand held out and Youngjae tries not to get flustered. He gently takes the hand in his own and renders at how soft the skin feels against his palm.

"Were you the one who sent me that email?" Youngjae sputters, his stomach is churning and he fears that he might throw up. He's also trying to ignore the fact that he so blatantly admired his fiancé's twin brother.

"Yes I was, there's some explaining that needs to be done I'm afraid." Yongguk straightens his posture and he sighs. Youngjae's eyes widen and he feels too nervous, he knew that this wasn't Yongnam but god they looked so alike.

"So it seems my brother has gone and married someone else." Yongguk says nonchalantly as he stares at the younger male across from him. Youngjae feels as though a bucket of ice water has been dumped over him.

"What about... our marriage?" Youngjae's voice quivers and he clenches his fists. His whole childhood had been shaped solely for this union, why hadn't his parents informed him of the broken engagement?

"You'll be marrying me instead." Yongguk replies and he places his phone on his lap. His eyes meet Youngjae's and up front Yongguk is so much more handsome than he'd anticipated. Unlike Yongnam in the photos, Yongguk seldom smiled.

"I-I'm sorry?" he stutters as he processes the turn of events. Yongguk purses his lips and he nods, Youngjae doesn't know what it means.

"My brother left a mess behind for me to deal with. He's no longer the heir to Bang Entertainment because of his impulsive wedding. Instead I am, meaning we're now engaged." Youngjae's hands shake and he fears the worst,

"Was the wedding because of... me?" he whispers, he felt like crying all of a sudden. He'd been so happy about the thought of marrying Yongnam, did the elder not feel the same way? Was there something wrong with him?

"No Youngjae, it was because he didn't want the family business. Unlike my sister and I, Yongnam never had the love for music." Yongguk was quick to reassure him and he appreciated that. But he still wasn't sure about marrying this man, there was something odd about his confusion over a man he's actually speaking to over one he hadn't seen for years.

"I can see you're overwhelmed, we'll discuss the wedding details next time." Yongguk decides and Youngjae can't utter a word, instead he agrees and when they exit the bistro together he tries not to focus on the way Yongguk's height makes him feel safe.

 

Yongguk arrived back at the company much later than he'd hoped, mainly because he wanted to make sure Youngjae left safely before he did. The younger seemed like he was on the verge of tears and Yongguk was thankful he didn't cry.

He rides the elevator up to the CEO's floor and he rubs his hands together. He hadn't been dubbed the official CEO yet, so he was still working in his usual office beside his mother's, his father's was next to hers.

"Yongguk, how'd it go? Was he what you expected?" Himchan, his best friend and secretary, asked him. Yongguk thought back to the meeting that occured not too long ago and he revelled in the younger's features.

Youngjae was absolutely beautiful in photos but in person he was a whole other level of looks. His hair was soft and his eyes were nicely shaped, they seemed to hold a sparkle in them.

His cheeks were supple and Yongguk wished he could've seen him smile or laugh. His lips were the lightest shade of pink and his light skin complimented his features. He was so handsome.

"He's even more beautiful in person." he says with a smile and Himchan pats his back with a grin.

 

Galaxy - Bolbbalgan4

 

-----------------------------

A/N

Look how long this is, I'm so proud

The second scene is kinda random but oh well xD

Since there's limited chapters I want to write long ones for once *^*

It's my first bangjae so I'm quite excited for it

Thank you for the interest ;-; 

- Airi