Nails

Fifty Shades of Pinkseok

Words: 370
Rating: G

 

Luhan is curled over his desk as Minseok approaches him. He seems to be deep in concentration, scribbling away in his notebook, but Minseok knows he won't mind being interrupted.


“Hey.”


Luhan doesn't answer, so Minseok nudges him with an elbow.


Hey.


“Hm?” Luhan tears himself away from the page and blinks up at Minseok. “Yo. What's up?”


Minseok holds out his hands for Luhan's inspection. “Look.”


“Whu-” Luhan looks and bursts out laughing. “Who did that?”


“Yixing.” Minseok lifts a hand to scrutinise his own nails. “He said I could use a little more sparkle in my life. What do you think? Does pink suit me?”


“Of course.” Luhan scratches a stray fleck of glittery polish off Minseok's skin.


“Really?” Minseok can't keep a grin off his face. “You think it looks good?”


“I think it looks beautiful.”


“Oh, stop.” Minseok swats at Luhan's shoulder, because he's getting that look on his face again, that softness of his voice that means this is more than a game. It's the same look he used to have when they were trainees, when he would call Minseok Mingssok and follow him everywhere.


Luhan still follows him everywhere, Minseok realises - he's just stopped minding, stopped even noticing, like it's an unquestionable fact that they should be together.


On that epiphany, he tweaks Luhan's nose with his sparkly fingers.


“What are you working on?”


“Just a song.” Luhan glances at his notebook. “It's nothing much, I'm just kind of putting stuff down and hoping I get an idea.”


Minseok peers over Luhan's shoulder. “What's it about?”


“Nothing.” Luhan's arm sliding over the page is casual enough, but there's a tightness in his chin that Minseok reads as embarrassment, and it's not too far a reach to guess it's a love song.


“Hmm.” He leans forward, rests his chin on Luhan’s head, lets his arms fall around his shoulders. “I look forward to hearing it.”


“Yeah, maybe.” Luhan shrugs. “I can’t get the words to come out right.”


He takes one of Minseok’s hands and laces their fingers together. His thumb traces lightly, almost meditatively, over one pink nail.


Minseok presses his face into Luhan’s hair. That’s okay, he thinks. You’ve never really needed words.


 

--

A/N: Sometimes you just need sparkly Minseok nails and a good dose of feels.

Follow me on Twitter for a front-row seat to my flailing as I try to write the epilogue of Feels Like Flying and the next chapter of Through All Darkness at the same time.