Final

They don't know about

Sometimes it all gets a little too much for him. Baekhyun is not the strongest person, behind his carefree and loud demeaner. Actually, he often breaks down from the impending stress of idol life. Sometimes, he even wonders why he thought he could do this. The dancing was complicated, the singing was demanding, there was never time for sleep, and he barely had time for any hobbies. Was this all really worth it? At the end of a long schedule, coming back to the dorm at half past one in the morning, Baekhyun wondered if this life and career- which he really did love, was worth sometimes trading off his mental and physical health. Really Baek was about to burst to tears. He passes Sehun, who also seemed to have arrived around this time from his dance practice. They acknolage each others' presesnce with wobbly smiles. Baek full on grins; "It's ok Sehun. We can do this." Even as his eyes show his true emotions, Baek encourages the younger, cause that's what he does. He helps everyone when they feel that certain feeling. But who would help him? With another small grin and a 'go to sleep soon stupid' he rushes to his designated room. Since a few members were at their parents' homes and just not at the dorm in general, Baek got this specific room to himself. I'm by myself. I'm... alone. Sighing, he shrugs off his bags and jacket with one hand, turning the light on with his other hand. The pressure seemed to grow, even with the backing of his fans. With all these thoughts in his head, a few tears roll onto his face. He looks down, and his face still scrunches, unsteadily trying to mask his pain out of habit. No one's here- what the hell. He lets his gaurd down and a few sobs rack his body. He gradually grows louder in his crying, hands coming up to wipe his face. 

This is when the other person in the room wakes up after his own short sleep. He also had a busy day, exhaustion overwhelming him. He comes to Baek's room nonetheless, just to keep the later company. The boy was tired though, so it was understandable when he fell into a light slumber. And even with sleep being vital, when he hears faint sobs and notices the lights on, he knows he has to wake up. Is it Baekhyun? Sitting up, he squints looking for the elder. This is when he sees Baekhyun near the door, crying his heart out. The boy sits up and cries "Baekhyun! Baek! Look at me! Baek, come here. It's ok, it's ok. I'm here."

Baekhyun looks up when he hears a voice, shocked, and finds his best friend. Embaressed, emotional, and over all falling apart, Baek rushes to Jongdae. "Jongdae. Jongdae. Jongdae. Oh my god Jongdae." He mutters this continuously, while weeping. He digs his face into Jongdae's chest after falling onto the bed. 

"Hmm... I'm here. It's ok." They both understood what this meant- they had a deep connection and knew with out voicing it, that Baek was aloud to just cry, without explanation or words. They continued like this, the elder crying, and the younger just holding the other tightly, wrapping his arms around Baek's waist and the back of his head. Jongdae soothingly combed Baek's hair, and drew patterns on his back, which significantly calmed the other. Baek soon stopped trembling and took large gasps. 

After controlling himself, Baek pushed his way up, and placed his forehead on Jongdae's shoulder. "I'm sorry," he whispered. Baek bit his lip, waiting for the other boy to say something.

"...You don't have to be sorry," Dae finally voiced, also whispering. "Just know that we all go through this sometimes. I'm here for you, always- you'll never be alone." He turned his face sideways and closed his eyes. His face was now hidden in Baek's hair. He gently pulled them both into a lyiing position on the both, so now the two faced each other. Baek had his eyes closed, and his face was scrunched in distress. There were tear stains trailing his beautiful face. Jongdae softly kissed his forehead, and watched as Baekhyun's face smoothed out. 

"Thank you." Baekhyun responded wholeheartedly. "Thank you for understanding. Thank you for being here. Thank you for helping me... I.... I needed that." 

Their gazes caught and two eyes met- connected. Jongdae brought his hand up and traced Baekhyun's features, his eyes sincere. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

"...It's just. I feel. So stressed. Do I even have the right to feel stressed? I mean- I signed up for this life." Broken laughter. "It's just. I might not be able to do this."

Jongdae was at a loss. It was pretty clear that all idols felt this at one point or another, but Baek loved singing. He loved this life- or that's what he always said. He brought Baekhyun closer into his arms; "You can do this. I'll help you. We can ask our managers for a few days off? I'll help you with your schedules. You love this Baek. I won't let you give up on something that you've wanted for your whole life. We'll get through this together."

The two were silent for a while. Jongdae doesn't expect an answer; he just wants the other to know that he's here.

Baekhyun shut his eyes and breathed in through his mouth. He held Jongdae back. Then, he let out his first genuine smile, as tiny as it was. "Thank you," he breathed out.

Jongdae nuzzuled into Baek's hair and smiled back. "Get some rest." He pulled back a little to grab the blankets, which had been kicked to the bottom of the bed, and tucked them around him and Baek. Baekhyun mumbled something unintelligible. Tiredly, Jongdae combed through the elder's hair and waited for him to fall asleep. Under the dark sky, when all of the city seemed to be asleep, Jongdae thought that the two could get through anything if they were together. I'm here for you. With all these sentimental thoughts and emotions swimming in his mind, he closed his eyes and tried to fall into sleep. This life is great, because I'm with you.