One and only

The perfect plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope you enjoy!

Leave comments if you want to haha <3

 

Yoo Kihyun sat down for a few minutes inside a dressing room, catching his breath before he had to see more clients. The department store he worked for was full of people that Saturday morning and he couldn’t even stop to watch his cellphone. He was in charge of the dressing rooms that day and his boss, Lee Minhyuk, loved to see him suffering. That was the reason he assigned him to the women’s clothing part of the store and, only over the weekends, to the dressing rooms. Kihyun cursed when his partner, Yoon Jeonghan, knocked on his door, already knowing he hid there every time he felt exhausted. “Kihyun-ah, I know you are in there” the one month older male spoke, breaking the relaxing silence that helped him take the stress out of his body. “Come here help me or I’ll tell Minhyuk-hyung” being the younger around there was the worst. All the younger males were in the electronics part or in the sports part and he couldn’t boss around anybody. The other workers around there were women and they didn’t mess with him at all.

“Fine, I’ll go” Kihyun combed his light brown locks before opening the door and showing his best fake smile.

“We have a long line waiting over there” Jeonghan pointed at the dressing room’s entrance and there were a lot of ladies, ready to complain about everything and mess up his Saturday. “I’ll go get some items one of them asked me” he patted his back and the younger whined. “Good luck” he added and left him alone there, dealing with monsters. ‘I didn’t study for this’ he thought, remembering all the times he tried to look for a job as a clothes’ designer. That was what he studied for, not to be inside a store 24/7.

“Miss, you can only try 6 items, if you want I can keep the others here for you and you can return when you already try the others” Kihyun explained, even if the rule was written over a big sign above his head.

“Come on! What’s the difference? It’s not a smart system” she discussed because they loved to do that. ‘You tell me’ the light brown haired sighed, trying to stay calm.

“I know it’s not a smart system but I don’t decide that, Miss. Please leave the other clothes here and I’ll give them to you when you are done with the first 6” the 25 years old man talked calmly, surprised at how much self control he had. In the end, the lady accepted, but she rolled her eyes in front of him to make sure he saw her. Kihyun was used to it so it didn’t affect him at all. ‘It’s my job, face it’ he continued with the others and Jeonghan got back with two dresses. He took almost half an hour to get two dresses, great.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t find the right size” the long haired one lied but the younger just ignored it. “I’ll take this and I’ll be back to help you” he assured, knocking on one of the dressing rooms to then give the woman the clothes. “Good morning, how many items?” he asked, making them form another line to do it faster. Kihyun thanked the heavens for that and kept on working.

 

When he arrived home that afternoon, he found his roommate Kim Mingyu kissing with his boyfriend Jeon Wonwoo on top of the couch. They were in a compromising position so he decided to clear his throat loudly. The moment he did that, they got scared and parted. “Kihyun-hyung!” Mingyu stood up, running to hug him. Kihyun patted his back awkwardly before greeting Wonwoo with his hand and going to the kitchen to look for a bag of potato chips. “Are you eating that again? Your boss told you yesterday that you were fat-” his roommate shut up when he saw his deadly glare.

“Shut the up, Mingyu, I’m not fat! And I’ll eat whatever I want” he took the food to his room and locked himself in there, ignoring the younger’s apologies. Mingyu always listened to him and gave him good advice but, at that instant, he wanted to punch his face. Lee Minhyuk was just jealous of his beauty, nothing else. “That ” the light brown haired ate chips angrily, thinking about different ways to murder his boss.

“Hyung, listen” Mingyu was still behind his bedroom’s door and he wished he would go away before he accidentally insulted him. Kihyun couldn’t help it, when he was angry, he was incapable of stopping his impulses. “I think you need to find someone special to relieve some stress” his roommate said and the light brown haired had to open the door because he went way too far.

“Are you serious, Mingyu?! I don’t need a jerk to ‘relieve my stress’, I need another job! A new job where my boss isn’t a jealous , just that” Kihyun yelled and locked himself once more, leaving the taller male speechless. He heard him get away from his door after a few seconds of silence and he felt a little bad for treating him like that. It was always that same story, his friends tried to find him someone to date and he ended up not liking them. The last time, they set him up with a guy that only talked about his body and he had to leave because he was about to explode. The others didn’t know what kind of men he liked so Kihyun wouldn’t trust them anymore when it came to blind dates.

Later that day, he had to get out to cook. He apologized to Mingyu and Wonwoo, feeling finally calm, and his roommate told him it was fine. They had those tiny fights from time to time but they never stayed mad for long. While he was cutting meat, Jooheon and Hoseok arrived, carrying a box of pizza. Those were the two friends that always tried to get him a boyfriend so he hoped they were just there to have a relaxed dinner. He stopped to greet them and kept on going, saying they could eat samgyupsal together with pizza.

“Kihyun-ah” Hoseok called his name and he only hummed in response. “We found the one for you!” he yelled in excitement but the light brown haired started cutting the meat harder to suppress his growing anger.

“Yes, we did” Jooheon added and Kihyun could see Mingyu motioning with his hand for them to stop talking before it was too late. “His name is Im Changkyun and he has everything you like” he ignored Mingyu’s attempts to shut them up and the latter palmed his face. The light brown haired heard a slight chuckle coming from Wonwoo’s lips and he tried to pretend he wasn’t listening.

“Yes! I can’t believe we never thought about him before” Hoseok interrupted Jooheony and Kihyun threw the meat to the hot grill, turning around right after to face his friends with his scariest glare. “Don’t look at us like that, hear me out first” he went on and the designer stayed quiet because he didn’t want to have the same fight all over again; it would be better to ignore them and go punch his giant plushy after dinner. “His hobby is reading, he’s studying to be a doctor, he’s working part-time and he has a good fashion sense” Hoseok smiled brightly and, even if those qualities sounded good, the guy was surely ugly. They always described them like that, ignoring their weak points.

“He’s right” Jooheon seemed to be convinced this time. “And he’s the funniest person you’d ever meet” he winked. “Oh! And he’s totally your type! You’ll surely find him handsome” Kihyun was sure they were avoiding to tell him something so he denied their offer.

“No, thank you, I don’t need a boyfriend to be happy” the light brown haired controlled the meat and took some pieces out. “And I don’t trust you” he added, making the others complain automatically. “What’s Im Changkyun’s defect? I’m sure you are hiding something from me” Hoseok and Jooheon stared at each other when they heard those words and Kihyun sighed, turning his back on them.

“Wait, hyung” Jooheony stood up, walking until he reached the spot next to him. “It’s not a defect” the younger explained. “He’s just a little young” he said and the light brown haired massaged his temple, trying not to explode. “He’s not a kid! I promise” Jooheon kept on talking, waving his hands in front of his face to deny Kihyun’s suspicions. “He’s 20” the short haired guy waited for him to react.

“He’s a kid and I’m not interested, I like older men, younger ones are stupid” Kihyun took out the rest of the meat and placed it on top of the table with lettuce leaves and other side dishes he made. “Let’s eat” he smiled toothlessly at Wonwoo and Mingyu, deciding to ignore the other two trying to convince him about dating Changkyun.

 

 

 

Im Changkyun was studying that Saturday morning with his roommates, Choi Hansol and Hong Joshua. They were all over the medical school and they decided to move in together after they turned nineteen. They had been friends since they were 12 and the three of them lived at the United States. It was a coincidence, a very good one since he understood each other perfectly. Joshua was born in LA, Hansol was born in New York and Changkyun only lived in Boston but the three of them knew how to speak in English perfectly. “Hey bro” Joshua patted his back, speaking in English. “I don’t understand this , can you explain?” he added. Changkyun read the part Joshua didn’t understand and nodded.

“Joshua, this isn’t about understanding, you have to memorize the names of the diseases and you have to read here to see what are they about” he answered in English too because the other insisted he missed home when he talked in Korean the whole day. It wasn’t a bad thing because Changkyun could practice his pronunciation and Hansol could feel relaxed too.

“I know, I’m just lazy and I wanted to bother you because you looked so concentrated” Joshua laughed and Hansol only let out a slight chuckle. “I don’t know if I made a good decision when I chose medicine with you” he sighed and the other two shook their heads. “I’m kidding, I’ll shut up and study” he said.

They stayed in silence for a while, trying to concentrate without letting out stupid comments like they always did. Their exam was on Monday and they were going well but Joshua was the one that got distracted the most. And, after twenty minutes, he spoke again, not able to control his words from coming out of his mouth. He called Changkyun’s name once more and the latter only hummed. “Joshua, shut up” Hansol stopped him, not lifting his gaze from the book.

“I just remembered Jooheon-hyung told you he had someone to introduce you yesterday night, what are you going to do?” Joshua talked, even if Hansol was trying to memorize things and wanted absolute silence. Changkyun whined after he heard that, not wishing to discuss that matter anymore. He hated the others always trying to set him up with someone. He seriously didn’t care about having a relationship, even if he was the only single one. The only thing he hated was when they invited him to those couple dinners, knowing he had no couple.

“Hyung~” he complained. “You know I don’t want to date anyone and you keep on organizing blind dates for me” he spoke in Korean without noticing it. “What if one of those guys is a serial killer and I end up dead under the bridge?” he added, exaggerating a bit.

“You won’t, I know Jooheon-hyung and Hoseok-hyung are certain this time” Joshua winked. “Yoo Kihyun sounded just like your type” he insisted but Hansol shushed him once again. “Don’t you agree with me?” Joshua asked him, ignoring his attempts to shut him up.

“I don’t, just leave him alone” Hansol answered and Changkyun had to hug him because it was the first time someone was on his side.

“Thank you!” he yelled and stuck his tongue out in Joshua’s direction, making him laugh.

“Fine, I’ll stop, but I must tell you... you could be missing the opportunity of meeting your soulmate” the eldest kept on going and Changkyun glared at him.

“Well, I’ll miss it then” he answered in Korean and they left the conversation there.

 

 

“Kihyun-ah, right here” Minhyuk called his name while he was organizing some clothes over the store. It wasn’t that crowded that Tuesday though his boss wouldn’t stop bothering him every time a client couldn’t find something. Jeonghan was sitting behind one of the cashiers reading a magazine and the cashier wasn’t his position for that day though Minhyuk never scolded Jeonghan for anything.

“Welcome to our store” the light brown haired bowed, talking politely while his boss left; not tearing his gaze away from him. “Is there anything I can do for you?” he added with a smile and the old lady seemed really fond of him. She was staring at his face as if he was some kind of angel and she asked for one specific shirt with strawberry drawings she wanted for her daughter. “I think we have, wait here please” the frustrated designer went to look for it and found it quickly, returning to the spot where the client was.

“Thank you so much” the woman said and stared at the tiny sign that had his name on. “Kihyun-ssi” she smiled brightly, fangirling with Kihyun. “You are really pretty, no wonder you work here” the old lady made him feel proud of his looks. ‘I’m handsome, I know that’ he thought but he just thanked her, not wishing to show his ego. After that, she left to the cashier and the light brown haired could see Jeonghan finally deciding to help. The latter yawned, getting up from his chair and slowly approaching Kihyun.

“Can you cover me? I need to leave 10 minutes earlier because my boyfriend, Seungcheol, will be waiting for me” his coworker made him get mad once again and he had to make a big effort not to punch his face. “I can cover you tomorrow if you want to; you can go see your boyfriend earlier” he winked and Kihyun felt so tired. Tired of hearing about him needing a boyfriend to survive and tired of people assuming he had one to then get surprised when he told them he didn’t. The light brown haired didn’t know how to avoid people; he tried hard to achieve it though it wasn’t easy. His parents got mad at him because he was gay and his friends started finding him suitors... both scenarios were awful to him. His only option was to disappear from Earth.

“I don’t have a boyfriend and I don’t need to cover you. Minhyuk-hyung never scolds you so don’t worry and leave” Kihyun answered without energy, greeting another client when she went closer to ask for some jeans her size.

“Thank you, I’ll take this” Jeonghan winked, going with the pretty girl to the trousers section to show her how to find them easily. ‘I need a brake’ the younger walked to the bathroom to lock himself in there for a while. He needed air and his coworker deserved to have all the work for once.

The worst part of the day was the moment Jeonghan left. The latter went to say goodbye together with his boyfriend and they started kissing in front of Kihyun. The light brown haired rolled his eyes and decided to leave but his coworker grabbed his wrist not to let him go. “Wait, Kihyun-ah” the long haired said, moving his bangs away from his face in a fabulous manner. “I think you really need a boyfriend, you look really stressed out and some company would surely help you relax” and there it was, all Kihyun was so desperately trying to avoid.

“I don’t need a boyfriend, Jeonghan! I’m fine by myself and I’m stressed out because you don’t help me here and Minhyuk is always bothering me” he finally let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter