One

Give It A Chance

***

"Miss Im!" Mina shouted across the hall. This was Mina's favorite, annoying her rival or the other leader of the school.

 

Nayeon just glared at her, silently killing Mina with her stare while the students who were passing by, tries their best to not be included in this.

 

Mina leans on the railing; waiting for Nayeon to pass by on her while Nayeon is so ready to punch the heck out of her. Mina smirks. When Nayeon walked pass Mina, Mina is about to trip Nayeon but it went back on her. Nayeon countered her.

 

"Urgh!" Mina shouted as she whimpers on the floor, rubbing her foot that got tripped on. Nayeon crosses her arms, looking at her and grins.

 

"Maybe next time, Myoui ssi." She then left and Mina was shouting at her.

 

Sana and Momo, members of Mina's group, looks at her pitifully.

 

"She got you again." Sana snickers while trying to check out some students that were passing by while Momo who is busy stealing some students' lunch money. Mina stands up and brushes off some dust on her shirt.

 

"I'll get her back."

 

It's always like this. The two annoying each other like it’s their main objective in life. They hate each other to the point where they are already planning murders on their heads whenever they bump to each other.

 

***

 

"Oh! Nayeon ah. What took you so long?" Jeongyeon asks while beating some guy.

 

"Who is this?" She asks, taking a good look on them.

 

"Well, he tried to make a move on me so…" Jeongyeon says while Jihyo is busy holding back the guy for Jeongyeon to beat.

 

"So, why you late?" Jihyo asks while she throws the guy outside. Nayeon shrugs and then sits on one of the chairs.

 

"That Myoui again, she's annoying. I hate her. I'm going to kill her. What a stress." She sighs.

 

"Well, their group is busy hunting some money again look." Jeongyeon points out to the door and there they saw them.

 

"Tsk tsk. Is that all they can do?" Nayeon says.

 

***

"When will they stop, seriously? The school's a mess. I swear if I graduate or finish this year, I'm going to move to a new school." Tzuyu rants to Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

 

Now, these three are the party people of the school. Not giving any care other than partying but dislikes it when other people tries to talk to them, especially if that person is someone that they hate.

 

"Calm down Tzuyu, you're still not used to it? They've been going on for like 2 years? Still, nothing's wrong in this. This is more exciting." Chaeyoung says.

 

"The teachers couldn't even do anything about it." Dahyun shrugs off.

 

"Guys, why don't we make this mess a bigger mess?" Chaeyoung grins at them menacingly.

 

"What is it?" The two got closer to hear what Chayoung's plan is.

 

"Why don't we start a party? Come on it'll be fun and make sure to invite those groups." The two grins at her plan, being the troublemaker they are, they agreed.

 

***

The invitation spread out faster than they thought. By the end of the day, everyone already knew about it and talked about it with their friends. Of course, Mina and Nayeon also got it.

 

***

Mina was buying a snack and was about to grab it.

 

"Yes, I can only have you~" She says but when she's about to grab it someone got it first. She slowly glared and follows the owner of the hand.

 

'F***k my life'

 

"Hello Mina, how not nice to see you here. Are you going to buy something?" Nayeon says as she hands the payment of the snack to the counter.

 

Mina purses her lips into a thin line, trying to hold back herself.

 

"Ah, yes. I'm about to but someone stole it from me." She forces the words to come out from because she might explode any time soon.

 

"Uhh, I pity you. How bad must it be?" Nayeon scratches Mina's chin and she immediately slaps it.

 

"Someone's angry, I think, how cute." Nayeon pinches Mina's nose and Mina is already fuming.

 

Mina pinches Nayeon's cheeks and acts, "Why are you so squishy? Aw, look at you. Squishy, squishy." Mina says and pushes Nayeon using her index finger.

 

Nayeon grunts and rolls her eyes at this.

 

***

The night came and the party already started. The speakers were blasting but they don't care. Alcohols were present and of course some illegal drugs were passed on.

 

Mina is nearly drunk. Sitting at the counter of the bar where she had done nothing but drink. She looks around, ignoring it when people tried to make a move on her. Be it boys or girls, she has no intent to do anything other than drinking tonight. She really needs to let out her stress.

 

"I'm going to drink until I passed out. How fun. I'm going to forget all my problems and I'm not going to think about going back to Japan. Yay."

 

She looks around and saw Nayeon dancing with some guys Mina has no idea about. She rolls her eyes in this and starts to order some more drinks.

 

"Where is Sana and Momo?"

 

She found them dancing with Momo in the front. People were cheering and some dance battle occurred between them. People gathered around them and watch. Suddenly someone sat beside Mina and took her drink. Mina glares at the girl.

 

"Can't you -hic- get your own drink?" Mina is about to grab it back when she suddenly became out of balance. She landed on Nayeon's shoulder and she almost fell asleep if not for Nayeon annoying her again.

 

"I don't want. I want that." She says,

 

"No, you're too drunk." Mina grabs it back.

 

"Well, how about you?" Nayeon answers. Mina didn't listen and drank it, leaving Nayeon pouting. After she finished the drink, Mina looked at Nayeon and her eyes immediately followed Nayeon's lips. She didn't know what has gotten into her but she somehow felt like she wanted to taste those.

 

Mina didn't think twice and link their lips together. Surprisingly, Nayeon didn't push her or anything. She even pulled Mina closer with her hand on Mina's nape. Mina moaned when Nayeon bit her lower lip and that made Nayeon excited. After their make out session, Mina pulled Nayeon on some vacant room while still kissing her. She pushed her on the bed and Nayeon grins at this.

 

***

 

"Urgh…" Nayeon groans. She slowly opens her eyes and looks around the room.

 

"Huh? Where am I?" She looks at herself and takes note that she is not wearing something right now.

 

'What did you do Nayeon?'

 

The only thing she hears right now is the chirp of the birds and the sound of the air conditioner.

 

"Aw, what did I do?" Nayeon turns around and is really shock on what she saw.

 

"WHAT?" She springs up and grabs the blanket that they shared.

 

With this Mina also woke up and immediately falls off the bed when she saw that she's . She grabs her clothes and quickly wears it while Nayeon covers her eyes and her body.

 

"You! What did you do to me?!" Mina points to Nayeon after she's done wearing her clothes. Nayeon cannot believe this.

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO? DID WE JUST DO THAT? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE YOU?" Nayeon moves back and struggles to cover herself. Mina moves to a mirror and saw her neck.

 

"WELL, WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" She points to her neck and Nayeon looks at this. slightly hangs.

 

"Did I really do that? Wow, I gave you a lot of hicke--"

 

"AHH SHUT UP!" Mina pushes Nayeon on the bed again; she glares at her before blushing furiously and runs outside.

 

"What the heck?" Nayeon stood up. She fixes herself and wears her clothes.

 

"I can't believe I just did that. She just took my v and she ran away just like that." She commented.

 

"But wow, how did it happen anyways?" She questions herself and then walks away.

 

***

 

The next day, the two were totally avoiding each other at first. Whenever they bump to each other, they just ignore it, except for Mina who keeps on disturbing Nayeon, even on classes.

 

She sat beside Nayeon for their class and stares at her. Nayeon notices this and doesn't bother on looking at Mina.

 

"I still can't believe that we di--"

 

Nayeon quickly covers and slaps it.

 

"Shut up, you idiot. Jeongyeon's going to make fun of me. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. I am so going to kill you." She pinches Mina's lips together and it forms a pout. Nayeon notice this and immediately let go.

 

"Ouch, that hurt. Well, if you're that persistent on keeping this a secret then how about me? I can't expose my neck because of y--"

 

"ARGH." Nayeon grabs Mina's head and tackles it.

 

"Miss Im and Miss Myoui! Go outside for the rest of the class. I don't want to see any of your face if you're not going to listen!" Their professor points outside and Mina quickly stands up, followed by Nayeon.

 

Minutes passed and the two were sitting in complete silence. No one makes the first move on making a noise. Nayeon had enough and literally wants to kill Mina right now.

 

"I just wanted to know that I never wanted that to happen. I'm drunk and you're drunk. We're both drunk and yeah, the stress may have gotten to us but let's forget about that now?" Nayeon suggests. Mina slowly looks at her and narrows her eyes.

 

"You just stole my v and you're going to say that?! Yes, I know, I kinda bully people but giving that to others and none other than you? I can't even tell it to Sana or Momo."

 

"Idiot. Why would you say it to them? That thing is supposed to be private! Only for us!" Nayeon whisper shouted.

 

*Kriiiiiiing*

 

Mina stood up and proceeded to go to her friends. Nayeon was left frustrated sitting on the chair.

 

"Why did this even happen? Why did it have to be you? Gosh." She face palms herself and sighs. Jeongyeon and Jihyo sat beside her.

 

"Hey," The two smirked and Nayeon is left confused.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I saw something last night, unnie." Jihyo says and takes out her phone.

 

"Sh*t" Nayeon mutters. It's just a video when Mina kissed Nayeon and nothing more but still.

 

"Don't worry unnie, we didn't expose you. We'll delete it after you tell us what really happened. How did you two manage to get on with each other? You two were rough last ni--"

 

"Just shut up. Okay, I'm just drunk and all."

 

"Yeah, you were pretty drunk. I never thought that you had a thing for Mina." Jeongyeon teases.

 

"What? No." Nayeon stands up and grabs the phone, deleting it.

 

"Killjoy." Jihyo says, following Nayeon.

 

***

Mina didn't attend any of her classes today. She just stayed at the school's rooftop and stares at the coastlines that it gives. She sighs.

 

"Why? Why did I even do that? I should've stopped myself. Now I can't act properly around you. Idiot! Idiot!" She shouts taking her stress off. Sana and Momo opens the door and sits beside her.

 

"What happened to you last night? And where did you go?" Sana asks, looking at where Mina is looking too.

 

"I have a problem." She grips hard on her phone.

 

"What is it?"

 

"My father wants me to return to Japan after high school." Mina mutters.

 

"What? Why?"

 

"He said nothing is improving on me here. He said that I'll be much better if he watches over me. He finally noticed me."

 

"Mina, why don't you improve it? You know, you are really intelligent back then. I know you can still do it right now. You can even perfect a test without listening to the teachers but why did you do this?"

 

"He never gives me attention. Not when mom left. Not when my brother left. Not when I left. Never. He doesn't notice me when I have high grades but he notice me when I have low grades. I just want to be notice. The house back in Japan was so lonely. I felt so alone." Mina was about to cry and the two noticed this.

 

"Hey, hey… don't cry, you have us, right Sana?" Momo wipes away her tears and does the TT dance. Mina chuckles at this.

 

"You look ugly crying." Sana says and Mina punches her.

 

"Shut up."

 

"Finally, you're back. When did that happen? You know you should tell your father that you can do it on your own and you can live by yourself. You should tell him that you can do better. You're pretty rich anyways."

 

"Just shut up." Mina smiles at this.

 

"Wait, you think I'm not gonna let this pass? What happened last night? You thought I don't know anything huh?"

 

***

 

Nayeon tries to find someone during lunch.

 

"Finding someone?" Jeongyeon raises her brow and grins. Nayeon rolls her eyes at her.

 

"Let's be specific unnie. Umm, is she pretty?" Jihyo played along.

 

Jeongyeon nods.

 

"Is she born overseas?" Another nod from Jeongyeon.

 

"Is she annoying?" Jeongyeon nods again and Nayeon looks at then weirdly while sipping the orange juice.

 

"I think I got this!" Jihyo snaps her finger, "So… pretty, annoying, and a foreigner?"

 

"Why don't we ask someone if they saw a pretty, annoying, foreigner?" The two agreed and Nayeon glares at them. The two called out a random student.

 

"Hey, have you seen… Myoui Mina?" Nayeon immediately slaps a hand on her friends and makes the guy leave now.

 

"Idiots." The two grins at her.

 

The bell rang now and that indicated that they have to return to their classes now.

 

"I haven't seen her since earlier." Nayeon looks around and suddenly bumps to someone. She suddenly fell and looks up.

 

"Oh. Sorry, you weren't watching where you're going." Mina says and us about to enter the classroom. Nayeon immediately trips her foot and now she's on the floor.

 

"Haha." She says to her ear. Mina fumes at this. She sat beside Nayeon again and glares at her. The two were glaring at each other when someone called Nayeon's attention.

 

"Um, sir?" Nayeon asks.

 

"Mr. Choi just wants to ask you something."

 

Nayeon raises a brow, "Mr. Who?"

 

"Mr. Choi Seungcheol."

 

'Who is he?'

 

"Nayeon ssi, I wanted to ask something a long time ago." He says and the class goes woo while Mina is coughing her heart out.

 

"EHEM! EHEM! E-HEM! URGH, AUAJA. Sorry, I'm sorry." Mina covers . Everyone looks at her weirdly.

 

"Nayeon ssi, I just want to--"

 

"EHEM, UHM, EHEM EHM, UHM, I'm really sorry sir I need to go to the restroom." Mina says.

 

"Please do so Myoui ssi." The professor signals her to go now.

 

"With Nayeon ssi." Mina stands up and grabs Nayeon's hands. They run towards the rooftop of the school and lock the door.

 

"Are you crazy?" Nayeon asks.

 

"Probably." Mina shrugs of her shoulders and looks at the view.

 

"Wow. I've never been here before. It's pretty." Nayeon says.

 

"Just like me." And Nayeon rolls her eyes at this.

 

"Anyways, why did you drag me? You ruin my life. I mean you always do but this time why does it have to be in front of them? Like what is going on in your mind. I can handle the rest but yo--"

 

Mina covers Nayeon's mouth with her hand.

 

"Shh. Just keep mum for a minute. You are ranting again." Nayeon pushes Mina's hands away.

 

"Don't touch me." Nayeon growled.

 

"Don't touch me? We've just touched each other last ni--"

 

"Shh!" Now it's Nayeon's turn to cover Mina's mouth who is blushing like mad.

 

"Anyways, I'll be off to Japan after this. I just want you to know to be careful around that… who is that again? Choi? I don't know but be careful around him." Mina says.

 

"And why is it?" Nayeon badly wanted to ask on why Mina is going to Japan but she just pretended she doesn't care.

 

"I don't know he looks suspicious for me… and he's going to tell you something probably," Nayeon crosses her arms. Nothing about that guy is suspicious. He is like the smartest guy in the school but if Nayeon knew Mina's intelligence, he's probably just second.

 

"And I don't want that to happen." Mina mumbles, so low and so soft she thought no one could hear it but Nayeon did.

 

"Hey, what did you say earlier? About you going to Japan? You're going back?"

 

"Uhuh."

 

"Why are you going back?"

 

"Aaaaand that's none of your business. Look, it's already time. I'll get going now. And remember don’t talk to that guy."

 

Mina went down already and Nayeon stared blankly.

 

"What a prick." She muttered. She feels something off. Why is she feeling down? Nothing's wrong so why is she feeling like this?

 

"Myoui Mina you ruined my life! Idiot. Why? Why? Why?" Nayeon kicks a pebble on the ground.

 

***

 

Nayeon is with Jeongyeon and Jihyo, busy picking on some students. They've notice that the other three: Mina, Sana and Momo are not stealing any more.

 

"Something's off, really." Jeongyeon crosses her arms at this.

 

"Hmm." Nayeon sighs at this. Seungcheol appeared again and tried to talk to Nayeon.

 

"N-Nayeon, this is wha--"

 

But he was cut off by Myoui Mina dragging Nayeon out of it, again.

 

"What the heck are you doing?" Nayeon asks, annoyed.

 

'If you're just going away don't bother me anymore.'

 

"Uh, what I'm doing is letting you escape some--"

 

"What escape? I don't need your help. I can do it on my own. And we're not close, remove your hand." Nayeon said.

 

"I told you to not go near him, didn't I?"

 

"Well, it's my life anyways, why would you even decide for me?"

 

"But…"

 

"No buts, don't bother me anymore, ever since you came, you just messed up my life, and that incident, forget about it, we're both drunk. If you're going back to Japan, then at least don't annoy me anymore. You're such a drag." Nayeon ranted and was left looking for breath after she said all this.

 

Mina felt hurt about this but she shouldn't be. Why would she even feel like this? Nayeon is right anyways, she's just a drag. Mina couldn't utter a word and just remove her hand from Nayeon. She walk away angrily.

 

Mina feels like crying, "I'm just a drag, aren't I? A good-for-nothing Myoui. That's what everyone thinks of, isn't it?" She runs a hand through her hair and that's where she broke down already. She run to the rooftop and cried there. She didn't know why but Nayeon's words struck on her mind, as much as she wants to forget it, she just couldn't. She didn't know how much Nayeon had affected her. Was it that night? But she's sure it wasn't. Maybe she just took that chance to really tell Nayeon about how she feels but it became messier after that.

 

Mina reflected for a while, "I'm a burden on everyone's life."

 

"No, I should show my father that I can do well, I don't want to go back in Japan…" Mina felt crazy about talking to herself but what can she do? She has no one to talk to.

 

***

 

Finals came and Mina didn't bother Nayeon again, slowly their 2 years of arguing may have come to an end. Nayeon slowly misses the other's presence but rejects it and denies it herself.

 

The results came and what everyone didn't expect had happen.

 

"Myoui Mina?" Nayeon squeezed her way along with Jihyo and Jeongyeon to the front.

 

"She got the highest score? What kind of magic is this?" She asks.

 

"Maybe that Myoui cheated."

 

"She could never do that. How can a person like her get that score?"

 

"This is unbelievable, she probably cheated."

 

People mumbled to each other as they judge the scores on the board. As if on cue, Nayeon saw Mina enter the canteen and bought something.

 

"Mina!" She shouted but Mina couldn't hear anything because she's wearing headphones right now. Nayeon was finally able to get out of the crowd but when she went to the canteen. No one was there. She ran towards the rooftop and she slowly opens the door.

 

She walks and tries to find her.

 

"Myoui?" She asks, there she saw her, eyes closed with her headphones on. Nayeon watches her but Mina opened her eyes and looked at her.

 

She stands up and is about to leave when Nayeon held her arm.

 

"Wait."

 

Mina looks at her and takes off her headphones. Nayeon couldn't utter a word, the end of the school year is near and that means Mina leaving is also near.

 

"Di-did you really do that?"

 

Mina narrows her eyes at her. She tries to remove Nayeon's hand on hers.

 

"Well, something that you have never expected from me, right? Because I was just a lazy kid who is a burden on everyone, right?"

 

Mina leaves now and Nayeon could not even move her feet.

 

"P-please don't go." That is the first time Nayeon ever used the word 'please'. Maybe because she always gets what she wants she doesn't have to plead. But Mina gave her deaf ears and continued to walk away.

 

Nayeon, irritated at its best, swayed her arms in frustration.

 

"Why am I even asking her to stay? I'm not the one who makes decisions in her life."

 

Then it slowly sinks in to her, "Why am I even-- I hate this, why do I feel like I need to do something."

 

"Why do you keep talking with yourself? Gosh, we've went everywhere just to find to you." Jeongyeon sat beside Nayeon.

 

"Wow, it's windy here."

 

"I know."

 

No one mutters a word after that. Jeongyeon decided to wake up Nayeon for her to realize what the latter really feels.

 

"I know you badly want her to stay, even if you're annoying each other for the past 2 years, I know you've felt something, remember when you were ranting about that transfer student you couldn't talk to because you're too intimidated by her but now you two were making a war like crazy and don't forget that incident where you two ki--"

 

"Okay, okay, stop right there." Jeongyeon glares at her.

 

"I'm not yet done, unnie." Jeongyeon rarely use that word to her but when she use it, she has something to say.

 

"If you can't still sort out your feelings then when? When she already leaves? When she's gone already?"

 

Nayeon thinks for a while, does she really feels something about her? Yes, every time she sees her, something is happening to Nayeon, like she wants to show off to her, for her to be notice, annoying her. Did she just realize all of this now? She thought she just wanted to kill her…

 

"Why don't you give it a chance? You never know--"

 

"Wait, wait, why do you know all of this? Like are you a love expert or something?"

 

"Unnie, my role here in this story is for you to realize everything."

 

"What?"

 

"The same thing happened to me…"

 

"Who?"

 

"Momo."

 

"WHEN?! WHY YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME ANYTHING, I THOUGHT YOU'RE LOYAL AND WHY IS IT MOMO? LIKE THE ONE IN MINA'S GROUP."

 

"Are you done?"

 

"Yes." Nayeon takes a deep breath.

 

"Thank you. So as I was saying, you should probably give it a chance because why not?"

 

"I'm still not sure…"

 

"Then, give Seungcheol a chance."

 

"No!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because… because Mina said I should avoid him?" She asks Jeongyeon.

 

"Seriously…"

 

"I don't know!"

 

"I won't help you with that; you should know that by now." Jeongyeon stood up and walked away.

 

***

Nayeon doesn't know what to do. She stayed up all night because today is the day where she has to finally decide because today is when she's going away.

 

She's been standing in front of the teacher's room for an hour now and she keeps on fidgeting on her hand. Just to let you know, Mina is inside the teacher's room and Nayeon followed her.

 

"Haaaa. What am I doing? They are probably talking about some documents that need to be passed to her for her to return to Japan, if so, I should probably burn it? Uh, no, no, no, that's not it." Nayeon bites her lower lip.

 

"What am I going to do? I should probably kno--"

 

The teacher's door opened and Nayeon immediately went to the side and acted like Mina just didn't saw what she's doing a while ago.

 

"Hey, 'sup, you okay?" Nayeon asks while checking her nails. Mina gave her a weird look but Mina continued to walk away.

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes at this. She followed her while crossing her arms.

 

"You know, I think you should not go back. Because, you know, it'll stress you out and uhm…" Nayeon tries to find the words but her mind doesn't work. Nayeon wonders where they are going.

 

"Uhm, why are we going to the storage room?"

 

"Why do you keep on asking? Just leave already."

 

"Mina please…" and that is Nayeon's second time to use the word please. Mina stops at this.

 

"Please don't go." She holds Mina's arms and pleaded. Mina remained silent and Nayeon takes this chance for her to continue.

 

"Please don't leave, I- I won't have someone to pick on to anymore. I won't annoy you anymore. I won't notice Seungcheol anymore."

 

"Too bad but I really need to go--"

 

"I like you!" Mina raises her brow at this.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"I-I like you." And Nayeon wants to die in embarrassment. She never experienced this in her life. She lowers her head to hide the blush on her face.

 

"What? I couldn't hear it properly." She says.

 

Nayeon is frustrated already. She pulled Mina and kissed her on the lips. Mina couldn't move an inch and froze completely. Nayeon breaks off and looks at the ground again.

 

"I-I said I like you."

 

"But what can I do? I'm about to leave…"

 

"Can't you do anything about it? Don't leave me."

 

"I could probably if you say that one more time." Nayeon glares at her.

 

"Please don't play with me, don't leave."

 

"I'm serious here." Nayeon looks at Mina and thinks that maybe she's right?

 

"I love you." She mutters.

 

"Well, Nayeon to be honest. I'm not really going to Japan, well, at first, I'm about to but my father cancelled it when he saw my grades saying he doesn't need me. I'm just playing with you but I never thought that this will happen, and the one with the teacher's room. Ms. Son is just asking me about the exam."

 

Nayeon punches her on the shoulder.

 

"What?! You idiooot! Idiot! Idiot! I hate you. I hate you." She keeps throwing Mina punches but Mina blocks it.

 

"Can you stop it? It's narrow here inside and you're doing that." Mina hugs her tight to stop her from pushing her.

 

"I'm sorry, okay? I mean that going to Japan is real but it stopped halfway or you want me to really go in Japan--"

 

"I hate you."

 

Mina laughs at this and she pinches Nayeon's nose.

 

"Aw, I love you too." Mina smiles at this.

 

"You enjoy teasing me that much today, huh?" Nayeon steps closer to Mina and she steps backwards.

 

Mina gulps, "Eh?"

 

"I think it's time for payback. Isn't it? Should I punish you? You think I would let this pass?”

 

"N-Nayeon, s-spare me, please not here. Oh gosh." Mina trembles at this. Nayeon pushes a hand on the wall beside Mina's head and leans closer.

 

"No." And she did the same thing to Mina that night, except today, they're not drunk.

 

***

 

"Are they really doing it there? Oh gosh." Jeongyeon muttered.

 

"I've only said to Mina to not play with her that much." Momo said.

 

"At least they're already fine." Sana enters with Jihyo. The four just laugh at each other.