- FIN -

중요하지
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone loves Kwon Hyuk.

Of course, he’s a prodigy after all. He is a song-writer, a producer, a singer and he also has collaborated with international artists too, and even famous artist in the country.

‘I am no match for him’. You thought.

You were just a mere childhood friend that he hangs out with once in a while. A friend in need whenever one of you is going through crisis. Someone who’s there to talk about problems.

But that’s just it. You are just a friend.

But you crave for more that the ‘friend’ title, specifically, you want the ‘girlfriend’ title, or his ‘special one’.

But you know how he is. How he can’t get into committed relationship because of his job. How he always fool around with the girls in the club. How he openly flirts at any girl that talks to him. But truthfully, he never once flirt at you, or even making any moves on you. It was clear that he didn’t see you as a woman, a subject of love. Honestly, it hurt your pride as a woman.

 

There was a time when you dressed prettily for him at his studio, and he never commented on your style, but just giving you his usual greeting.

You fixed your newly bought dress before knocking and coming into his studio.

“Hey, you’re here.” He glanced at you before focusing back on his computer.

“Yeah, I’m here. You’re busy?” you asked, hoping that he would say that he’s not, wanting to ask him to try out the new coffee shop nearby with you.

“Actually, yes. I’m actually thinking of lyrics for my next album.” he smiled at you.

“Oh, is that so.” you replied, trying to hide your disappointment. “Then I’ll get going since you’re busy. I don’t want to interrupt you.” You excused yourself. He only hummed as a response.

 

 

There was a time when you cooked his favourite food for him, but never got to know if he liked it or not.

“I brought your some food.” you announced as you entered his studio. There he was, lying on his couch sleeping and his friend Hyoseob facing the computer. “Oh, hey Hyoseob.” you whispered, not wanting to wake Hyuk up.

Hyoseob waves at you, urging you to come closer to him.

“Hey, as you can see he is napping though. He just had a busy night performing yesterday.” he pointed at Hyuk before reaching for the container in your hand. “Wow, this looks good.” he sniffed at the sushi. You chuckled.

“It’s okay. I’m just dropping by to give him this.” you said as you pointed at the container. “Well, since he’s sleeping, then I should get going. You should try it out too if you want, I did made a lot.” you offered.

“Really?” he asked as if he was a kid who’s finally allowed to eat candies.

“Yeah, but just leave some for Hyuk. He’s probably gonna throw a tantrum if he knows you ate his all of this.” you joked. “But really, I should get going now.” you informed, waving at Hyoseob goodbye.

“Thanks, I’ll tell him you drop by and gave this.” Hyoseob said as he chewed on the sushi. “And this is good.”

You smiled and him, appreciating his comment, hoping that Hyuk would also give the same comment as Hyoseob when he tries it later. But he never did.

 

 

 

There was a time when he called you up at 3 a.m. in the morning, you groggily answered your phone even when you know you are not going to have enough sleep, even when you were clearly aware that you have an important presentation to your boss in a few hours. You spent the next 2 hours on the phone call with him.

“Hello?” you answered your phone at the sight of his name.

“Were you sleeping?” he asked worriedly.

“No, no. I woke up just a moment before you called.” you lied. You put your phone away from your ear as you let out a small yawn. “Why did you call anyway?” You asked as you pressed on the loud speaker.

“I couldn’t sleep. I just finished the lyrics and I’m lying on the bed and I just can’t sleep.”

“Oh? Mind if I know what your lyrics are?”

“Hey, I won’t spoil a song for you, you know. No sneak peeks.” he remarked. You chuckled in response.

“Seriously though, don’t overwork yourself and get enough sleep,”

“I know, I know. It’s just that sometime the ideas pop up at random times and I got to write them down.” he responded. “Enough about me. How about you?”

“I’m fine. My boss still irks me and the new colleague looks like he’s trying to hit on me though.

“Poor him, that must be hard since you’re not someone who’s easy to get swept off her feet.” he remarked.

‘Because I’m already head over heels for you.’ You almost blurted it out, but never did.

You two talked about other things, mostly him complaining about his crew Club Eskimo and the offers that he received to produce songs for other artists.

He stifled a yawn, and you could clearly hear it. “Hey, I think I should be getting some sleep now. Thank you for chatting with me at this hour.” He said.

Both of you exchanged goodbye and you put down your phone, wanting to go back to sleep, but you couldn’t after that pho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter