Final

How much does it have to fall like snow, for spring to come.

Cold hands slowly alongside his jawline. He could feel fingertips gently tying the textile piece of clothing around his neck. The feeling of two hands tenderly touching his way to his chest with a blouse that revealed to much of his collarbones. Lips that let out small breaths against the back of his ears while the freezing fingertips touched the underside of his chin to make him look up. Jimin got the message and fluttered his eyes open to look at his reflection. To be honest he didn't look at himself but at the man behind him.

Jungkook had tied the white choker around his slim throat. Also, his make-up looked fierce, black smudging eyes and soft pink lips, and he heard Jungkook behind him gasp. While Jimin stared at Jungkook, his lover did the opposite and gazed at him.

''Jimin, you look beautiful.'' Jimin’s cheeks turned a rosy color and he let out a soft giggle. He loved compliments, but he never believed them. He thought that Jungkook was way more handsome. He was tall, appealing eyes and rosy lips with behind esthetic white teeth. Although his front tooth had a little imperfection it made him perfect.

His vision turned then on himself and he stared at his own grey eyes that made him look cold and serious. That was probably the reason why Jungkook wanted to make him shy, so his cheeks would at least give a little bit sign of life.

''The way you look at me is shaking me up.'' Jungkook added and that caused Jimin to look shyly at the ground. He was used getting compliments, since he was the prince. But somehow he never truly trusted words of the high officials, since they would just try to be friendly. They would try to get on good terms with his parents and him so they would earn a good reputation. The only person who called him truthfully beautiful was Jungkook.

''Don't talk yourself down so much Jimin.'' He spoke like he could hear his thoughts. ''I love you so much, and the way you make my heart beat-'' He let out a breath- sound and grabbed his chest tightly on the place his where his heart was supposed to be. Jimin turned around and slapped Jungkook on his thigh. He couldn't contain his cheesiness. Jungkook burst out laughing and ruffled his hands through Jimin's silver hair.

''It's time to go downstairs, my sweet strawberry.'' He was mocking Jimin for his red cheeks and Jimin turned around to slap him again, but the boy grabbed his wrist and gave a small kiss on the tip of his nose. Jimin took that as a sign to stand up. He adjusted his white jacket that fitted perfectly with the choker around his neck. The colors made his skin paler and somehow he looked like he could fit in perfectly with the thick layer of snow outside.

He was ready to make his way down, but Jungkook grabbed his hand and easily slid some silver rings around his equally cold hands.

''Now you're totally done. Be careful about what you say and enjoy some food. I know you always say you need to watch your figure, but I think you're too small and you don't want to worry the officials, right? Talk to some people and make some connections, it may come in handy later. Overall just... enjoy it, okay?''

''You worry too much, it’s just a small gathering to make sure the economy in adjacent countries is fine. Also, my father wanted to tighten his own social circle. I don't have much to do, and would probably sit on a chair near the window talking with a distant relative.''

''I wish I could come with you.'' Jungkook his cheek and Jimin suddenly felt the feeling of sadness wash over him. Jungkook didn't have a name and wasn't allowed to come downstairs.

He knew the first time Jungkook entered the large estate where Jimin was brought up. His parents owned a lot of villa houses, but Jimin always stayed here. Sometimes his parents would be gone for months, and that's why he could easily say they didn't raise him. His childhood was quite rough because of this. The woman that was ordered to take care of him had a strict way of handling things. Jungkook came to the castle as the son of the housekeeper. Jungkook’s father was once the gardener, but sadly passed away due to a deadly disease. Jungkook could hardly remember his father, and could hardly remember the day he came to live in the house Jimin lived.

Jungkook had been Jimin's escape. Still is his escape. That's why he still could remember the day Jungkook came to the estate like yesterday. It wasn't like they became immediately friends. Jimin wasn't allowed to make any sort of connection with him, or even go out at all. That's why he often sneaked out of the house. Jungkook would carelessly be playing in the garden and it took a short while to become friends with the prince. Jungkook's mother would take care of the bruises lingering the body of the small boy, she would give him the love the prince never received. With the help of Jungkook and his mother, he knew what way of handling things was wrong and which one was good. This way he didn't turn out vain and evil like his other brothers. Jimin never met his siblings, but he knew he had them.

When Jimin's parents came home and saw that their son made a friend, they let them. Some social contact would be good for both, but during parties, meetings or any sort of official gathering, Jungkook wasn't allowed to be near the boy. When Jimin hit adulthood, he fell hopelessly in love with the housekeeper's son. He came to realize this when he had to go away for a year, to accompany his parents during a trip to the West.

This was the first time Jimin met his brothers, and the first time he got to experience homesickness. It wasn't the homesickness that made you long for home alone, but the sickness that made him nauseous when he thought about the bunny-teeth boy, the sickness that made him loose his appetite. Jimin quickly lost the weight he always thought was excessive.

Jimin's guard, Min Yoongi, begged the king to take him home after he was bed bound with a high fever caused by a simple cold. Jimin couldn't take the virus with a weakened immune system, and went bad too fast for anyone to notice. When he returned home he soon recovered from his illness and confessed his love for Jungkook.

Jungkook's response was his very first kiss.

 

Jimin had no haste to go down. Jungkook wanted to keep him if possible, because the younger knew that when Jimin returned his good mood would be completely shattered. That's why he insisted on doing his make-up and hair. The outfit was something Jimin would normally wear, white was a good color on him. Also, jackets that closed lower around his chest made him even more attractive. It was often said he was more handsome then all his brothers combined. Jimin was youngest among them and wasn't even a close fit for the throne. Not that Jimin was aspiring for it. The only down side was that he was never officially introduced to the country.

He knew that his safety was secured this way, but somehow it was hard not being involved in family matters. Last time they had a gathering like this his mother called him a curse. All his brothers somehow where close with each other, but Jimin was left out.

If it wasn't for Jungkook, he would be unhappy. Thinking about the boy made his lip curl a little. He let out a deep sigh and opened the doors leading to the hall where the gathering was held.

 

He made his greeting to his parents, the king and queen of the country, he said hello to his brothers. Among all his brothers the oldest, Seokjin, he was wise and well mannered. He was the only one who was looking forward meeting the youngest, among this ed up family system, for the first time. Seokjin would be the next king if everything went well. After Jimin was sent home to recover from his sickness, he was the only one who would have sent letters to him after they met. Seokjin thought it was a shame that they wouldn't meet as often. It was the first time in six months he would see his brother again.

But... his parents decided to not take him to this gathering. He was training to become a good official, and the stress became too much. Since he was still young their mother was worried about him and made him rest for all he could do for now. After he would become king there would be no resting. His mother’s excuse was that the gathering held in the house, where Jimin was brought up, wasn't that that important.

Jimin wasn't important, and honestly he thought his birth was a mistake. Normally it was the youngest who got all the attention, but his parents didn't pay attention to him at all. Jimin only knew the love he received from Jungkook's mother and somehow thought it was normal for wealthy people to completely ignore their children.

The rest of the evening he indeed talked with his uncle. He wasn't hungry and didn't eat. His guard Yoongi came by twice to give him a drink and made a small chat. Jimin’s parents and brothers would stay in the house for the night and tomorrow they would leave to their own homes and the castle in the capital. Jimin has never been to the capital.

Jimin felt stuffy and said to Yoongi he wanted to take a breather. He made his way to the garden and noticed it was snowing. In only his thin outfit he walked to the frozen fountain and sat on the small ledge surrounding the statue in the middle. He didn't care his pants where getting wet and cold. Slowly breathing became hard due to the wind that sneered through his body. Unique snowflakes stayed stuck in his hair and Jimin looked up at the clear sky.

 

He heard footsteps and Jimin turned around. Roses bloomed up around the garden and started bleeding. Droplets of the crimson color mixed with the cold causing it immediately to stiffen. The footsteps came closer and Jimin stretched his arms out only for him to see the bruises circling around his thin wrist disappearing in the sleeves of the thin jacket. Lingering over his revealed chest and stopping below the choker that Jungkook tied around his neck. Somehow the snowflakes around him turned into flower petals and suddenly it was spring. Spring day, the day he met Jungkook. He was about to stand up and reach to Jungkook with bruised fingertips, but the flowers around became aggressive and let cuts on his sunken cheeks.

He winced when his jacket and choker turned into a Bordeaux red color.

 

He woke up while being placed in his soft bed. He was drowning in pillows and blankets and took in the odor only one man could have. Strong arms softly patted his waist and a mint breath left a small kiss on his forehead. A light chuckle made his vision less blurred and turned his head to see Jungkook next to him his bed. Their bed, since they slept together almost every night.

He gazed through half-lidded eyes and closed them contently thinking about the words his mother told him, the words that made him go outside at night in the middle of the winter. Caused him to pass out in the garden on the same place Jungkook’s father left his life.

He didn't want to marry a girl he didn't know. He wanted to be with Jungkook. Jungkook who was kissing his jawline softly. Jungkook who loved him equally. Jungkook he reassured he was fine after a hard day. Jungkook who he loved dearly.

''Let's run away together...''

''What about your mother?''

''She will be fine without us.''

''Okay...''