1-1

A Mutual Hatred
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What did I do to deserve this? thought Tara as she parked her car by the airport terminal and grabbed the placard with 'Ilhoon Jung' printed on it from the backseat. She started to walk towards the double doors before deciding to just wait by the car.

Jinyoung owed her a huge favor for doing this. He knew that she loathed all Korean idols, so why would he even think of asking her to do something like this? Wasn't there someone else in his list of hundreds of friends that would be willing and even, dare she say, overjoyed, to do this? It's not like I'm going to ooh and ahh over him.This idiot better not try to flirt with me. He'll find himself with a black eye...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"​​​​​​Ladies and gentlemen, we are preparing for descent. Please fasten your seat belts. It is sunny, but just 35 degrees in Louisville this morning. The time is 9:34 A.M. Thank you for flying with us today and remember to use Delta on your next trip."

Jung Ilhoon groaned aloud as the PA system suddenly blared. He reached up and covered his ears. He had no idea what the pilot had said. He barely knew any English except for pleasantries. He guessed it would be the normal details about the area they'd just arrived at. Probably most airlines were the same. He turned to his companion anyway, though.

"Hyung," he whined. "What is all the ruckus about?" He groaned in annoyance and covered his ears once more as the other passengers began to hold very rapid and loud conversations around them. "I can't stand this language. It gives me a headache." He closed his eyes and cursed under his breath. Why did you make me come here?! Stupid manager!

Apparently he'd spoken some of his thoughts verbally because Sungjin snorted and choked out a laugh. He turned to glare at him.

"What?" Sungjin asked, still chortling. "It's your own fault. And Dowoon hyung picked the perfect punishment for you. He knows how you hate English. What better place to send you than here?"

"Aish!" Ilhoon hunched back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. "Shut up, Hyung. You're supposed to be my companion and translator, so why aren't you translating what the captain said?" he asked, pouting.

Sungjin was still chuckling. "It's 9:30 A.M. and 35 degrees. Oh, and buckle up," he added, motioning for Ilhoon to do so. "Hurry!"

"All right, all right! I'm doing it." He snapped the two parts together and sat still as the airplane rapidly descended and then eventually touched down on the tarmac.

The passengers all began standing and stretching. Sungjin reached above them to grab both of their carry-ons. He pulled out the handle on Ilhoon's and pressed it into his hand. He did the same to his and started to make his way down the aisleway. 

Ilhoon had pulled his phone from his pocket and turned it on. He was so busy checking his messages that he failed to realize Sungjin was no longer there. He saw texts from all the BTOB members and raised his head to speak to Sungjin.

"Hyung, Sungjae says that-" Seeing no one but foreigners surrounding him now, Ilhoon felt fear squeeze his gut. He frantically looked in every direction looking for Sungjin, but without success. His heart was beating so hard in his chest that he felt that those around him could surely hear it. He noticed several passengers that had sat nearby giving him strange looks. He inclined his head to them, feeling his face burn with embarassment.

Hyung! Where did you go? Why did you leave me alone? he whined silently. Why was everyone annoying him lately? He realized that since he could see him nowhere, Sungjin must've already left the plane.

He quickly made his way toward the exit, hoping no one would try to talk to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter