Chapter 1: Exposition

My Best Friend Is A Vampire

Long ago two races ruled over the Earth, HUMANS and VAMPIRES. One day war broke out-

Actually, let me just get to the point.

While the two races had many differences, they had many similarities as well. Vampires lacked emotion, while Humans lacked the supernatural powers of Vampires. Many, many years ago they lived together in harmony. However, one Vampire committed homicide, killing innocent Humans for the taste of blood, causing a rift in the peace. Eventually all Vampires were condemned to live lives of isolation, ultimately leading a group of Vampires to plot a rebellion to end Humankind. But, many Vampires still believed in the power of reconciliation. Will there be peace or war…...



Seulgi’s P.O.V

 

Today is the first day of school in my senior year of high school at Achun High.

Yay.

So.

Fun.

I lethargically got out of bed, and put on my white, fluffy, bunny slippers. I walked downstairs, still half asleep, looking for breakfast. I rummaged through the cabinets and found peanut butter. But no jam. “Hmph, Jimin must’ve forgotten to get some jams yesterday when he went to the supermarket,” I said to myself, cursing that older, lazy , chubby cheeked brother of mine. I went to go get myself some bread, but found no bread.

Oh well,”

I got a spoon, dug out some peanut butter, and ate it. While eating the peanut butter, I the television.

BREAKING NEWS

“The new organization, “CVF”, or Counter Vampire Force, has revealed that they will be sending two of their most “professional” agents. They will be investigating at Achun High… More news will be revealed later, for we are now entering our commercial break.”

“Well what the was that.” I said aloud, spewing out some peanut butter.

I went back upstairs to put on my school uniform. Our uniform is . The skirts are knee length, and they are plaid which makes it much worse, paired with a blue and yellow flannel with a yellow vest and a blue blazer and a blue neck tie. I walked to my door and put on my Adidas Superstar shoes and yelled to my cat, “I’M LEAVING NOW!”

 

* * *

 

Economics was my first class. I looked at my schedule and had no idea where the classroom was. Oh well, I’ll find it… somehow. While walking around aimlessly for about ten minutes, I saw two students. “Uhhh… Do you know where class 3-E is?” I asked them.

Suddenly, the two whispered really loudly in unison, “SHH DON’T GIVE AWAY OUR POSITION!” “Ermmmmm,” I responded. “Just follow our lead,” they said. After rolling behind bushes, hiding behind trees, and pretending to be a pole once or twice, we finally got to class 3-E.

“Oh, umm, thank you for…. Guiding me?” I awkwardly thanked them. “Who rolls around the ground and tries to camouflage themselves, just to show someone the way to a classroom?”

“WELL! WE’RE BOTH IN THIS CLASS TOO SO WE CAN HELP YOU OUT EVEN MORE!” The male student patted my head.  “Oh Lord Jesus,” I said in my head.

I walked into the classroom as fast as I could to avoid the two. I found my seat in the corner of the room, thankfully, far away from them. There were two empty seats next to me. I pretty much had no friends, since most of my friends transferred to a different school last year. “Hello students, My name is Mrs. Jungyeon!” Mrs. Jungyeon proceeded to sing us an “encouragement” song about economics called “Cheer Up.” I watched the clock waiting for class, I mean hell, to be over.

The two people who ‘guided’ me this morning to class, turned out to be the CVF agents.  One was a girl named Taeyeon, while the other was a boy named Taehyung. And they called themselves “Taetaehyungyeon.” They wanted to be “undercover” agents, so that slightly explains why they made me roll on the ground and such.

“Well, I don’t want to deal with them again,” I thought to myself.

My next class was Calculus BC. “Welp, I’ll find this class by myself this time.”And of course, the Taetaehyungyeon Duo was also in the class. During our math lecture, they tried to spritz ‘holy water’ on us. “THEY’RE OUT TO GET YOU-!!!” They yelled. “At least I only have one more class left.” My last class of the day was literature, and SURPRISE! Taehyung and Taeyeon were there as well. *Ring Ding Dong Ring Ding Dong* The school bell rang. Alas, I was home again, with my peanut butter.

“JIMIN WHY DO YOU GOT NO JAMS!” I said to my brother.

 

* * *



A few days later I saw Taeyeon and Taehyung tumbling once again to Econ. “Taehyung, our forwards rolls were 0.058 seconds off again!” Taeyeon yelled. “Our disguise wasn’t good enough either.” Taehyung replied. I ignored them and walked normally to my class. I went to my seat in the corner. A student I had never seen before sat next to me. I stared at her for just a moment. She glared back at me. I looked away quickly and thought about rainbows. “Students! Today will be your first partner project of the year!!!” Mrs. Jungyeon said in an excited voice. Most of the students got up, and chose their partners. “Who doesn’t have a partner?” Asked Mrs. Jungyeon. “Uhhh I..-” I started to say. “Great! You can be with Irene.” She must have been talking about the new student next to me. “Sometimes you gotta be bold, Seulgi.” My teacher said to me. I looked at Irene, who had a blank expression. “So… Hi,” I said awkwardly. “Your name is Seulgi right,” She said to me, while her lips. “Y-Yeah,” I said. After a few moments of silence she finally spoke again. “Just come to my house, at 4PM,” she said while handing me a piece of paper with an address on it.

 

Taetaehyungyeon went up to me during study hall.

“SEULGI HELP US FIND SOME VAMPIRES!”

I decided to play along, just for the heck of it.

“Alright what do you want,” I said to them.

“Well first of all, you need to know a bit about vampires,” Taehyung said.

“Vampires can only be attacked with silver weapons, they age ten times slower than us, and their blood is pure black,” Taeyeon finished.

“Mmmhmm,” I nodded.

“Here,” Taehyung said, while tossing a knife at me. Tossing. A. Knife. At. Me.

I caught the knife before it hit my face.

“Thanks for that,” I said sarcastically.

“Why, you’re welcome,” Taehyung said, taking it seriously.

After school, I started walking to Irene’s house. Maybe I can be friends with her. I need friends anyway. And there’s no way I’ll be friends with Taetaehyungyeon. I took out the silver knife they gave me, then pretended to be Naruto with a kunai knife, doing a weeb run. After about thirty minutes, I arrived at the Hidden Leaf Vil- I mean Irene’s house.

 

Her house seemed devoid of any life at all. It was large, but seemed very outdated. There were a bunch of bookshelves, filled with antique books. Her room was dingy and musty. We awkwardly worked on the project for several hours before I finally broke the silence. “So uh… you don’t talk much do you?” I asked. Irene just nodded. “Uh… those two, Taehyung and Taeyeon was it? They’re pretty weird right.” I hate them,” she bluntly replied. “Hmm… strange…. Very strange,” I thought to myself, while I my non-existent beard.

We finished the project a couple minutes later and I stretched myself out, since my whole back and neck were sore from sitting for so long.

“Hmmm… I guess I’ll get going now,” I said.

“...”

 

This week has been peculiar. The two weirdos from the CVF, why would they choose our boring- school. NOTHING ever happens there. And vampires. I’ve heard about them on the interwebs before. I’ve never seen one in real life before. Maybe they really do sparkle. Irene is also a quite compelling character… I want to know more about her. It feels like she’s hiding something... I wonder why she hates Taehyung and Taeyeon. Maybe she really is a vampire.



SEULGI:           IRENE:

Econ                  Econ

Calculus            Biology

Literature          English

 

Phys Ed             Phys Ed

Physics              Calculus

Statistics            Statistics




Irene’s POV

Befriending the human kind will be a confounding task. Resisting the compulsion to kill everyone is strenuous as well... but, I don’t want to be a killer.

 

It’s the second week of school. I am a vampire. It’s complicated. I walked my way to my economics class. Taehyung sprinkled some ‘holy water’ on me on my way. It was just bottled water. I decided not to eradicate the two just yet. For now, I needed to make ‘friends’ or I would seem suspicious. The only human I really had any connection to at this point was Kang Seulgi. She sat next to me. Hmm how should approach her… I went up to her, staring at right into her eyes. “Hi,” I finally managed to say. Her face looked… well confused so to say. Maybe i came off too strong. It was hard to resist shredding her to pieces. “Uh will you be my friend?” I asked. I studied Seulgi’s expression. It was hard to read Human feelings. “I guess?” Seulgi responded. Wow that wasn’t too hard after all. “So do you have a phone number?” She asked me. A phone. What is a phone. I hesitated for a while. “I don’t think so.” “Ok... then.” Seulgi said to me. I should just tell her. It’s not like I have that much time left anyways. “There’s place I like to hang out at. Maybe we can go there after school,” I said. Seulgi hesitated for a moment, then agreed. Once school ended, we proceeded to go to the outskirts of town.

 

We went into a deserted alleyway. A place I like to spend my time. “Well this place… Looks happy…” Seulgi said. “It does, doesn’t it.” I acknowledged. A perfectly barren alleyway, uninhabited by Humans. Nice place right? I faced Seulgi. “I have a confession to make,” I started to say. “I’m a vampire…” “Like… Legit?” She said. “Do I have to prove it to you?” I asked. “No… I believe you, but why would you tell me?” Seulgi questioned. “Truthfully… I need to blend into Human society, but I’m afraid I can’t without any Human help. If you tried to turn me in, I’d probably have to kill you. But the thing is, I don’t want to be known as a killer. I don’t want vampires to just be associated with killing Humans. I’d rather live as a pacifist.” I said. “Well, first of all, let’s get out of here,” Seulgi said. And together we went back downtown.

 

Seulgi’s POV

 

You might be wondering, “why the did you agree to go some place in the middle of nowhere with someone you just met.” Admittedly, curiosity got the best of me. Better yet, my suspicions were proven correct, and heck, a vampire friend is awesome. I asked her some questions I had welled up in my head.

 

“So how old are you?”

“173.”

“And you really drink blood?”

“Animal blood.”

“What are you going to do about the CVF?”

“Avoid them.”

 

Irene stopped walking. “Hmmm..?” I said.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a figure appeared in front of us.

“Tzuyu.”

“What, you’ve got a Human pet now?” Tzuyu said.

Pet…..

“Join us… Irene.”

“... I’ll never.”

Suddenly, I felt powerful force push me off my feet. Crack. I found myself on the ground, only able to see a red light. I felt dizzy… then I passed out.





Irene’s P.O.V

Tzuyu laughed maniacally. I felt angry, an emotion I never encountered. As fast as I could, I  went up and swung at Tzuyu’s face, catching her off guard. “Aghhhh,” Tzuyu groaned while holding her face. I quickly picked up Seulgi’s body and ran to my house.

 

* * *

I laid her body on my bed. Humans are so fragile. I thought. I studied her body. “Hmm… I should probably attend to her wounds.”  I got some bandages, then ed Seulgi’s shirt. Undressing a Human. Probably never thought I would do that. I took her clothes, then ironed them for fun. I went downstairs to the couch. Day one, and I’ve already messed up.

 

A/N:

Welp I'm a bit of a weeb as you can see XD

This chapter's a bit boring but it gets better...