mine

Always

"Did you do well on the tests?"

"I hope so. Finals can be such a pain."

"You should go home and study. I heard our finals for tomorrow are going to be tough."

"Actually, I was wondering if I could come over. It's been a few days since we last hung out and-"

"Sorn, you can't. Remember the last time you came over? My parents flipped when they caught us."

"Yeah, but your parents aren't home now, are they?"

"No, but..."

"C'mon, Seunghee. Just an hour or two."

It was always like this. Sorn would always beg and Seunghee would always give in. There was not a single time where she'd tell Sorn 'no'. Seunghee didn't mind, but it wouldn't hurt to have the girl listen to her once in awhile.

"Have your parents talked to you yet?"

"About what?" Sorn asked.

"You know...about staying here."

Sorn laughed. "They'd never let me stay with you."

Seunghee opened the door to her room. "I meant here in Korea, idiot."

"Calm down." Sorn giggled. "They said I had a week to be back in Thailand before they'd stop supporting me financially. They want me to start packing my bags as soon as this semester ends."

"The semester ends tomorrow..."

"Yup."

Seunghee locked her door. "We don't have any final tests together after today." She said.

"We don't..."

"You're...you will come see me after school, though."

Sorn shrugged. "Your parents will be home for sure and I'd be busy packing up. We might not have time."

They both sat on Seunghee's bed, throwing their backpacks onto the floor.

"So..."

Sorn smiled. "So?"

Seunghee looked down at Sorn's hands, taking one in her own. "Are you really leaving?"

"I have to." Sorn sighed. "I don't want to."

"Then don't." Seunghee said softly.

"What am I going to do if I don't?"

"Stay with me." Seunghee whispered. She looked at Sorn, her eyes had watered.

Sorn leaned in, covering her girlfriend's lips with her own.

As they parted, she placed her forehead onto Seunghee's, breathing in the scent she'd come to love so much.

"If I'd known you'd leave as soon as we'd get together..."

"Don't think like that." The Thai girl interrupted. "I'd never be as happy as I am now if I never got the courage to ask you out."

Seunghee smiled. "You had me waiting for years."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know all I had to do was ask you to be my girlfriend. If I did we'd be set to get married by now."

Both girls laughed, trying to get rid of the emotional air that surrounded them. They knew this day would come. They'd have to say their goodbyes, promising to keep in contact via phone or online. Neither knew, though, that they would have to part as lovers, not just friends.

"Your parents let you stay here for four years and now they want you back. What's so important that you have to leave for?"

"Prime minister needs a new assistant and my dad signed me up. I just need to study a while longer and I'm set."

"Must be nice, having a supportive family." Seunghee said.

"Somewhat. Are you going to be fine being alone with your parents?" Sorn asked.

"Of course. It's not like they beat me or anything. They just don't..."

"Acknowledge you exist?"

Seunghee smiled sadly. "Yeah..."

Sorn fell backwards onto Seunghee's bed. "What are you going to do without me, babe."

Seunghee snickered. "You're the one who couldn't get through life in Korea without me. I'll be fine on my own."

"You couldn't even stand up to our math teacher by yourself." Sorn retaliated.

"I was dumb back then."

"That was six days ago!" Sorn exclaimed.

"Exactly, it was back then. Past tense."

Sorn could only laugh.

Seunghee always loved this. She loved when Sorn would laugh. Silence was all she'd known for so long. When Sorn had filled the silence with her own happiness, that is when she had fallen in love. There was no more irritating quiet, only the warm sound of love.

"My first girlfriend made me fall in love with her and now she's leaving me. Great." Seunghee said as she plopped down next to Sorn.

"Well the first girlfriend I've ever loved is moping around instead of making out with me. I'm the victim here."

Seunghee turned her head. "The way you word it makes it seem like I'm not the only girlfriend you've had."

"Well, no. You're not the first."

"I don't think I mind you going back to Thailand after all."

Sorn chuckled, placing her arms behind her head. "You're going to freakin' miss me when I leave. Don't forget you begged me to stay just a minute ago."

Correction, Oh Seunghee didn't beg. Not for dessert after a meal, not for the best grades in all her classes, not for her parents approval, and definitely not for her own girlfriend to stay with her and forget about going back home. Those were all demands. She only ever demanded what she thought was rightfully hers.

"I wasn't begging you to stay." Seunghee quietly said, gaining Sorn's undivided attention. "I was telling you. You're staying with me."

Sorn always loved that. She loved when Seunghee would take hold of the relationship. Too much of their time together was spent on Seunghee not wanting to be too aggressive in expressing how much she loved Sorn and Sorn reminding Seunghee that it was okay. Too much time spent on things that only made Sorn love Seunghee even more by the minute.

"And if I don't?" Sorn whispered.

Seunghee got up, placed herself on Sorn's waist, her legs on either side of the latter's hips. She leaned forward, her breath hit Sorn's right ear, causing chills down her spine. "You're. Not. Leaving."

Both girls knew this was a lie. No matter what Seunghee or Sorn did, the foreign girl would have to go back home. She'd have to take her fathers place and work with political giants in Thailand. She'd have to assist the prime minister for years to come.

As for Seunghee, she'd have to attend one the top universities in Korea. She'd have to get a career that gave her stability. She'd have to prove to her parents why she deserves their attention. She'd have to work day in and out in order to be at the top of whatever field she chooses.

No matter what they did, their paths would never cross willingly.

"Make me stay." Sorn quietly spoke. "Don't let me go."

Seunghee planted small kisses onto her girlfriend's neck.

"Promise me you won't let me leave."

She trailed down and ed the girl's blouse, marking Sorn's collarbone.

"No matter where you go..." Seunghee faced Sorn once more. "I promise you..." She kissed the girl tenderly, nibbling on her bottom lip before parting. "You're mine. I won't let go of what's mine."