one

out on the field

"Chanyeol!" Jungsoo yelled out from his house. Chanyeol stopped pulling the weeds out and turned to his older brother. "Yes?" His brother lowered his head a bit and said in a monotone voice, "Come over here." That face scared the hell out of the younger boy so he immediately obeyed. The two walked into the house, Chanyeol noticing the gloomy atmosphere. "Gyuri... what's with the sad faces?" He asked his sister.

She sighed, "Chanyeol. This business isn't doing so good." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Eh? What do you mean? We just sold 12 boxes of cabbage this morning." Suddenly, a paper was shoved into his face. Chanyeol looked up to read the letter.

Good afternoon. This is Kang Minkyung, Department of Agriculture.

We have come to inform you about the recent goods your area has exported. It has come to our attention that the village itself is not in good condition. Though it's enviroment is well enough to grow crops, we do not wish to take the risk of having infected goods. Production of the crops are also reported to be inconsistant. Our representative, Jung SooYeon, will be coming on March 23rd for a full inspection along with professional agriculturists.

If this area does not fill up to our standards and does not produce goods well, business will be shut down immediately.

Thank you.

KANG MINKYUNG

Chanyeol just stared at the piece of shredded wood. "What the ? How does she know if our place is good or not?!" He complained. Jungsoo stood up, staring at the fields of greenery. "I don't know either kid. Let's just hope that she will let us off the hook."

Chanyeol sighed, sitting on the floor, thinking about his memories here. He lived a perfectly good life in the village. The countryside was the perfect place for him to be staying. Finding out that this village would be ridiculed and looked down upon on, due to the poor quality food, made him angry. "This Minkyung can go at me right now. She knows for a ing fact that our Great-Great-Grandfather treated this place well."

Gyuri stood up to calm down Chanyeol. "Calm down. This isn't the time to get mad." Jungsoo sat down, clearly upset. "Minkyung in fact... is right. The townspeople here are also suffering. I believe our crops are good, but production wise... not so good." Chanyeol's aunt knocked on the door. "Chanyeol... you heard." He gulped as his aunt held him close. "Chanyeol-ah... you've worked hard." Everyone in the room stood there, shocked.

"Aunt... are you just going to let this place die?" Chanyeol cried. "We can't do anything about it. Look at us, poor villagers in the middle of nowhere. Everyone now is starting to leave.

Chanyeol couldn't even believe what was going on. Was his aunt actually going to let the business end? He knew that there was nowhere else to go, but to live in the city. Chanyeol remembered how one of his close friends went to Seoul. Chanyeol himself has never been to Seoul, let alone a city. He was told by his friend that "you can only live nicely there if you have the money."

"I will find a way for more people to come over to the countryside." He stood up and left the house, not noticing the glint of hope in his aunt's eyes.

He took off on his worn-out bicycle out to his best friend, Sehun's, house. "Ngh... ah~! ... Lu..." Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he barged into Sehun's room. He had no interest on whatever, and whoever, was going on in Sehun's bed. "PARK CHANYEOL!" Sehun screamed, immediately covering himself and the other boy on the bed. Chanyeol on the other hand, turned around and gave Sehun and his bottom a blank face.

"I need to use your computer."

 

-

 

OKAY HI THIS IS MY FIRST CHAPTERED FANFIC ON ASIANFANFICS LMAO

sorry if I messed up any information on agriculture and that, I still need to edit anyways lolol

y'all can go peep my ig; @jonginkink or my wattpad; @-jeonghans

have a nice dayy <333