Final - 01

Leaving Him

 

She slammed the door shut behind her and collapsed on the bed. The events of the overwhelming day replayed in her mind as she thought of two of them. Happy memories of the past years played in her mind. She thinks of his face as she rubs her sore and bruised arms. Her vision starts to blur. He had been so good to her until he'd started drinking a month ago due to stress of work. He accused her of having an affair and that their miscarried child was not his. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault she fell. He was the one who pushed her off their porch drunkenly. He was the one who always insulted her, he was the one who kicked her. He threw the coffee cup at her and forced her to pick up the broken pieces. 

She still loved him. She was a fool. She couldn't live this life anymore, however. Not with their unborn child.  Crying harder, she gets up and takes out a notepad and pen from the nightstand. 

  -     My dearest, Jongin. 
  If you read this, I'm already in Busan. I'm sorry. I cannot live this way anymore. I've supported you for five years. I've supported Exo for twelve years. I am with child. Again. I found out from the doctor today. Do not try to find me. I want you to work on yourself. Get help, Jongin. For our child's sake. 
My sincerest apologies, 
Your devoted wife. 


That night he comes in with great news. He is sober for the first time in a month. He was excited to tell his wife. After three months of struggling, their new comeback was a hit. Filled with joy, he rushes to their shared room, oblivious to the sight of her note on the kitchen table. Only when he opens the door does he see who and what is missing. Her clothing is gone, their picture from her nightstand is also gone. Tears spring to his eyes as he tries to deny the fact that she is gone. Walking to the kitchen to make coffee, her favorite, he sees the note.  

Eagerly, he reads it. His heart drops and he breaks down in tears. He reads a last line.

P.S. Jongin, my number is the same. But do not contact me. I love you