final

i will go to you like the first snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i will go to you like the first snow

 

a candle being blown.

hooded eyes with dark brown irises.

a blurry face.

jet black hair.

cold weather but warm bodies.

tan skin and plump pink lips.

everything seems to go in slow motion around yoongi as the boy strays his eyes away from yoongi as they pass each other in the rain. yoongi pauses in his steps to look at the retreating figure of the boy, who has pulled the hoodie of his jacket over his head.

someone’s heartbeat thumping in same rhythm as his own.

yoongi wonders who the boy is.

 

 

in his almost a thousand years of miserable existence, he has never seen someone almost as engrossed as the boy dancing onstage right now.

yoongi isn’t really supposed to be inside the school’s auditorium, considering that it’s off limits whenever rehearsals are going on for a show that’s going to be within two weeks. but since he’s someone dearly important to the school — more like someone who founded it —, he’s got free reign to check around the campus whenever he wants.

he’s rooted at his spot near the entrance, watching the familiar boy do a beautiful spin.

hooded eyes with dark brown irises. jet black hair. tan skin and plump pink lips.

at the corner of the stage, the choreographer claps his hands approvingly. yoongi’s attention is slightly distracted by the sound, but not enough to tear his eyes from the appearance of the boy’s smile — one that makes his cheeks more prominent and his eyes squint into moon crescents.

“excellent, jimin! now, if you could just make your —”

yoongi zones out the other words of the choreographer as he slowly makes his way out of the auditorium, engraving the boy’s smile into memory.

 

 

“i wish someone would take me somewhere new. somewhere far away.”

yoongi perks up from picking mini carnations and feels his body respond to the voice in the wind. the next thing he knows, he’s standing at the end of a baywalk back in busan. the waves are harsh and spraying him slightly with sea salt, the wind disheveling his air. what he notices most, though, is a black-haired boy sitting with his legs folded, his back hunched slightly — almost as if he wants to make himself small on purpose when he’s already so small.

“hey, kid,” yoongi says loudly over the waves. “are you the one who called me?”

the boy turns around in surprise, jumping from his seat and a hand on his chest. there’s a thick, wooly red scarf around his neck but his nose and cheeks are still red (and if yoongi looked close enough, his eyes too). the scarf makes him look even smaller.

yoongi recognizes the familiar face but doesn’t mention it out loud as he watches the boy — what was his name? jimin? — place a one-tier birthday cake with multicolored candles on the space beside him. jimin stands up, patting the back of his school uniform’s slacks clean.

“i didn’t call you, ahjussi,” jimin said politely albeit confused.

“well, there’s no one else around here,” yoongi said sharply. “i'm pretty sure you’re the one who called me just now.”

“no, i didn’t,” jimin said, shaking his head (yoongi would be lying if he said it wasn’t adorable — but he wouldn’t be saying that out loud. nope). “i think you just got the wrong person, ahjussi.”

yoongi wrinkled his nose. “stop calling me ‘ahjussi’, kid. i’m pretty sure i’m only a few years older than you.”

even if that isn’t really the case, his subconscious snickered. you’re at least nine hundred years older than the kid. you deserve the title.

shut up, he reprimanded himself. you’re forever going to be stuck as a 24-year-old loser. might as well make it count.

jimin’s forehead creased in a frown and yoongi fought back the urge to raise a hand and physically erase them with his thumb. he thought of carefree jimin dancing onstage a few days back.

“why are you here?” yoongi asked him instead.

“oh. um. it’s my birthday,” jimin replied, almost sounding a bit timid.

yoongi blinked his eyes in surprise. “why are you spending it alone?”

jimin presses his lips in a thin line. “it’s not like i chose to be alone, really. it’s just how it normally goes.” he gives yoongi a wide smile, though, which makes yoongi feel a bit confused and something fluttering inside his stomach. “but don’t worry, ahjussi. i’m used to it.”

you never get used to the loneliness, though, yoongi thinks but doesn’t say out loud. he feels slightly flustered from the boy’s smile that’s directed towards him, a first time. he remembers the bouquet of flowers in his hand and hands it out to jimin whose face turns blank.

“here,” yoongi offers. “these are for you. and call me...’hyung.’ ahjussi makes me sound so old.”

you are.

shut up.

jimin blinks, hesitantly taking the pink mini carnations. “um. thank you.” he looks back at yoongi with a smile again. “this is the first gift i’ve received in my entire life. thank you.”

first? yoongi bites his tongue to prevent himself from asking the boy anything.

“what do these flowers mean?” jimin asked, his eyes trained on the flowers as he brushes the petals with his fingers.

“i’ll never forget you.”

jimin pauses and looks up back at yoongi again, a slight frown on his face.

“have you come here to grant my wishes?” jimin abruptly asked.

“happy birthday,” yoongi merely says before letting himself disappear in a wisp.

october 13. hooded eyes and dark brown irises. jet black hair. tan skin and plump lips. crescent eyes and bright smiles. bright, red scarf.

 

 

yoongi is not prepared when he feels like he’s being summoned for the second time.

he’s in one of his sleepless nights where he turns to making music whenever reading doesn’t do the trick in shutting his brain for 8 hours, when he feels himself getting whisked away and appearing in a park.

the cold weather immediately crawls up on him, considering he’s only in wooly sweater and sweatpants with headphones around his neck. just because he’s a goblin doesn’t really mean he could control the weather. he could only make it rain.

a familiar boy however is standing in front of a trash bin, holding a bottle of water and wrapped up in multiple jackets. he looks a lot warmer than yoongi does and it irritates him slightly.

“hey,” yoongi said loudly, making the boy jump and turn around too swiftly that he looked as though he might get whiplash. “did you call me?”

it was jimin again. his face is poorly lit on from the street light above and he looks a bit scared. “me?”

“yea, you. why did you call me again?”

“i didn’t.”

“yes, you did. or else i wouldn’t be here.”

jimin — obviously — pulls on a brave face on top of his confused one. “you should just move on and be at peace. stop bothering me and stop lying. i can’t do anything to help you.”

yoongi frowned at the sudden absurdity the boy is saying. “what?”

“you’re a ghost, aren’t you?” jimin said. “you should move along. stop bothering —”

“i’m not a ghost.”

“that’s what they all say.”

yoongi didn’t know whether he should face palm or be angry.

“i can see ghosts so don’t try to fool me,” jimin said.

yoongi snorted and left again in a wisp.

 

                ❄

 

the third time yoongi’s being summoned, he ends up being in a library when he’s supposed to be in the park.

“oh! you’re here!” a way too enthusiastic voice says behind him, and it makes yoongi spin. “now i know how to summon you!”

hooded eyes and dark brown irises. jet black hair. tan skin and plump lips. crescent eye smiles and sweaterpaws. a bright red scarf.

“what the , kid?” yoongi hisses, starting to feel irritated.

“will you grant my wishes now?”

“the ? do i look like a genie to you?”

“will you, hyung?” jimin persists, ignoring yoongi’s earlier words. “you could give me 5,000 won and then walk away after, you know, and i wouldn’t bother you again.”

“how about ‘no’?”

jimin pouts and it takes much of yoongi’s strength not to do something impulsive upon seeing it.

“but, hyung —”

“i’m not a donation center.”

“but aren’t you the goblin?” jimin pouts even more. “aren’t you supposed to help out someone in need? specifically your bride?”

yoongi froze in his spot, his eyes going wide. “where’d you get that information?”

jimin shrugs, and yoongi gets the motion that the boy is less shy than he was in comparison to their first few meetings. “it’s what the ghosts call you,” he explained and then pulls his scarf to the side to expose the pulse of his neck where there seems to be a weird looking birthmark. “and see that? it’s supposed to be the mark of the goblin’s bride.”

yoongi could feel the sword in his chest approve. shut up.

jimin fixes his scarf. “and i think you’re the goblin since a ghost doesn’t disappear or reappear the way you do, and you act too living to be one of the dead.”

yoongi rolls his eyes. “i’m not the goblin you’re looking for, kid,” he said, not sure himself if he was lying or not. “why do you even need that kind of amount of money, anyway?”

“to sustain myself, of course,” jimin supplied. “when you’re a struggling dance student with barely anything to pay the rent because your relatives cut you off, you’ve got to take desperate measures. and it just so happens that you’re here, mr. goblin.”

“i told you i’m not the goblin.” yoongi grunted. “i’m leaving —”

just as yoongi’s about to turn around, he is stopped by someone’s hands grabbing onto his elbow. he pauses to turn once more, feeling slightly irritated. jimin is holding on to him, looking unaffected by the sudden wisp of smoke issuing from where he’s touching yoongi’s arm.

“if you can’t give me cash, just give me a job.”

“i’m not a recruitment agency employee.”

but the determined look is enough for yoongi to give in. perhaps the kid would leave him alone if he gave him what he wanted.

yoongi pushed jimin’s hands off his arm gently. “are you going to leave me alone if i do?”

“yes.”

yoongi paused and then let out a huge sigh. “look for a chicken shop.”

“wha —”

yoongi turned to wisp again.

 

 

the fourth time yoongi is summoned once again is when he’s in ing kent, settling once more his house. of course, his body immediately turns to where its being called, and now he’s back in the same library in front of the same boy who’s holding his phone near his mouth.

 “hyung!” jimin greets, eyes immediately turning into crescents. “hi!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter