Out in the Streets

My Bad Boy

BEEP-BEEEEEP!!

 

A car chase erupts throughout the night city, as it crashes into other vehicles during the dangerous hunt. The authority flashes lights on top of the hood and a siren gives off an intimidating note for urgent halt, otherwise, more destruction will take place here and there. The masked runaway speeds off desirably, all the while humorously mocking his pursuant. His partner, fearing for his life that is barely escaping the deadline, holds onto the top handle to keep himself from flying out of the window of their car. The brash operator instantly turns the wheel, diffusing a loud screech sound of the tires. The authorities are unable to turn as fast as their prey, thus smashing into a now not-so-convenient store. The prey turned predator cracks up in triumph, knowing he has just owned his enemies. Meanwhile, his partner sighs deeply in relief, but then glaring at his leader.

 

    “ARE YOU CRAZY?! WE ALMOST GOT KILLED!!” The passenger sitting on shotgun shouts at the driver.

   “Ah cool it. As long as we lose those fools, we’re fine, Renjun.” Replied the driver almost casually.

   “I don’t give a crap! I nearly flew out of the window cuz you drove like a damn maniac!! I can’t ride with you anymore, Mark.” Renjun retorted angrily, despite shivering from the fear of earlier.

(scoffs) “Yeah, yeah, we don’t need you in the fun anyways.” Mark annoyingly answers back in return.

 

And so, Mark drives away into the empty street and disappearing within the darkness of the road. From there, their risky raid ends with success and cash. Throughout the small trip, Renjun starts a conversation to end the awkwardness.

 

    “Hey Mark, about the swindling and mafia thing. Are you really planning on making the gang to a mafia/swindler group??”

    “Why not? We need some good reputation every once in awhile.”

    “But wouldn’t that be dangerous? There’s a lot of mafias out there that’ll pick on every small fry they see. You’ve heard of the Infamous, right?” Renjun asks worryingly, hoping Mark is aware of the notorious mafia that is undefeatable.

    “Nope, and I don’t care.” Mark answers VERY casually.

    “WHAT THE HECK?? They’re extremely dangerous!” Shouts the younger boy.

    “So what? We don’t even have their attention yet. And when we do, it’s game on.” smiles Mark.

 

At this point, Renjun has already fainted and slumps on the seat like a freshly deceased corpse. Mark chuckles at his dongsaeng’s actions as he parks into a warehouse; their main base. Mark and Renjun are all the way out in a sandy, deserted area with only a transportational road, one empty, abandoned garage warehouse, and Mark's 1990’s car with newly implanted bullet holes on the car doors. Mark exits his car and slams the door shut, but it doesn't close all the way due to the damage of the bullets. Renjun remains fainted in the shotgun seat while the other boys play soccer with a dirty tether ball, while dealing with the string still attached to it. The street lights shines on their individual activities, giving off a better view for Mark as he parks into the area. Chenle and Jisung race each other for the ball until the older boy kicks the ball into Jisung’s net, earning himself a point as he laughs loudly. On the other hand, Jaemin and Jeno are wrestling each other. They push, shove, and pull each other until Jaemin emerges as the victor, cheering himself on. Lastly, Haechan exercises with multiple push-ups, pull-ups on the bars of the garage stairs, and using a torn-up punching bag to further increase his combat abilities. Afterwards, Haechan takes off his sweaty shirt, revealing his buff abs. He grabs a long metal bar conveniently nearby and swings it around fiercely as he targets the punching bag without missing a single hit. For the last hit, Haechan blasts a powerful kick to the punching bag, tearing it in half as the two severed pieces are sent flying a mile away from where the fighter is standing. Hearing sudden clapping, Haechan speedily swings the metal bar at the person applauding his performance. However, his attack is immediately halted by Mark with his bare hands. Startled, Haechan quickly pries his hand off of the metal bar and apologizes for his mistake.

 

“Oh sht! Sorry Mark! I got carried away.” Haechan apologized, while bowing his head.

“You sure did. But nice job on the moves. We should head back to the gym someday.” Mark suggests while examining the metal bar in his hands.

“Didn't they kick us out a long time ago? Remember when you threw a 300 pound dumbbell at that dude who insulted sunbaenim? That was rad.” The shirtless boy somewhat compliments with a chuckle.

“Well he should've shut his trap. Now I don't give no fcks if he talks sht about me, but if anyone tries to fool around with those close to me, I ain't gonna hold back and watch.” The elder firmly states in pure confidence.

“That’s bold of you. I admire and respect that.”

“Behold for some more later, cuz I'm gettin’ ready to make our gang bigger.”

“Wait, wait, does that mean we're going to, you know…get more recognition?”

“Of course. It's a good thing.”

“And that 'GOOD' THING is something we need to worry about, too. Didn't Renjun warn you or something?”

“Why should I ask for recommendations from him. He's no fun.”

“Now Mark, this isn't about entertainment. There are serious responsibilities we'll have to take if we're actually going wreck havoc.”

(laughs) “Haechannie, you took all the words from my mouth. We ARE going to wreck havoc. So if anything goes wrong, I’ll–

“–take responsibility?” Haechan interrupts in a serious manner.

(sighs) “Alright, alright, I'll take responsibility.”

“WAIT! Just to make sure I get it on tape.”

“Are you being for real right now??”

“Well you named yourself the leader, so yes, if you deny, I'll always have the recording.”

(chuckles) “Fine. Whatever.”

“Repeat what you said. ‘I, Mark Lee, will take full responsibilities for any actions made from Dream Team’.”

“The fck? When did you come up ‘dream team’?”

“While I was training and it sounds cool! AND it emphasizes how we're like dream boyfriends amongst girls.”

“Now you're just being delusional.”

“Just make your vow already!”

(chuckles) “On behalf of Dream Team, I, Mark Lee, leader of the gang, will take full responsibilities for any actions made by my group.”

“And the oath is sworn!” Haechan cheers as he turns off his phone after he finished recording.

“Happy now? I needa get our money from my car.”

“We have money?!”

“Yeah. Stole some from the bank down in the city. Lots of those fools chased after me and Renjun.”

“Damn! I should've tagged along.”

“Please do. I'm tired of looking after Renjun’s .”

“He may be a nerdy geek lookin like a gangster but he's no small fry. At least that's what I heard.”

“The hell? From who?” (laughs)

“Probably from Renjun himself.” Haechan finds himself chuckling as well while shaking his head as he thinks about Renjun trying to get people's attentions with his science book.

“He kept warning me that he can and will manipulate us in a way. I ain't gonna be a fool for that sht.”

“Even if he's not serious, I'll be cautious at all times.”

“Just make sure he doesn't try to get himself killed when he tries to make a new invention. I swear, if he tries to make a nuclear motor for my car, I will sock the sht out of him.”

(cracks up) “I bet he's trying to make a new friend.”

“Oh wow! That's sad and funny at the same time.”

“But then it's best we cut him a slack. He's been through a lot as a kid. I wouldn't wanna make things worse for him.”

“Ah well, there's a reason I had him join and it's a long story with a long ride.”

 

[there Mark goes again with “long ”]

 

“Anyway. I'm gonna get ready for bed. See ya inside the next morning.”

“Night, Haechan.”

 

And their conversation ends with a fist bumps, then Haechan walks off towards the boys to announce their bedtime, while Mark makes his way to his car and wakes up Renjun, who perks up as if he just escaped a horrific nightmare.

 

“Aye aye aye, easy Renjun!” Mark calls out as he holds Renjun down to keep him in place.

“W-what happened??! ARE YOU GUYS OK??” Renjun desperately makes sure that his friends aren’t dead in anyway.

“What the hell are you talking about? We’re fine, dude.”

“Oh thank god, I saw you guys getting shot in front of my eyes and I was so terrified….”

“Alright, alright, just take it easy, ain’t nobody shootin’ anything. Ok?”

“Yeah…yeah, sorry.”

“Now get on to bed, the boys are getting ready.”

“What about you? Aren’t you gonna get some sleep?”

“I gotta unload our cash before those motherfckers come back.”

“Want me to help? Remember we’re in this together.”

“Nah, I’m cool. Just get to bed."


“Will do. Be careful, Mark. We don’t want any trouble.”

“You can say that again.”

 

Afterwards, Renjun calls off his day and enters their garage warehouse for sleep. Quickly, Mark withdraws his duffle bag from his trunk and hides it in a small shack near the warehouse and dumps trash on the bag so then it’ll look as if it were garbage itself. Mark shuts the door of the shack, before walking away from the warehouse and into the empty night street. Mark ruffles his black hair to scratch the itch away as he walks farther, until the garage warehouse isn’t noticeable anymore and he stumbles near a school, about 10 miles from where he and the boys currently live. Since it’s night, he assumes school is over, until he takes note of a certain room, the only one with lights on. Although curious, Mark shrugs it off and casually strolls along the streets for some fresh air as he walks into the crowd of people, minding their own business. Considering it might be late, Mark looks around for a clock in the city, but there wasn’t any. His next solution is to ask other strangers instead and walks up to a businessman, a woman with her baby, an elderly couple, and a group of schoolboys, but none of them insisted. Mark eventually gives up his search and walks far from the crowd of people, then into an empty alleyway. He stays there for a few minutes until his ears are alerted with a bunch of men yelling and a sudden girly scream in the distance. Instantly, he peeks out of the edge, only to see a schoolgirl being chased by bandits. Thinking as fast as possible, Mark hides deep into the alleyway as he spots a door, leading to an empty “store” with nothing inside. As he hears the girls loud panting nearby, he quickly pulls her into the store with him and quickly shuts the door, locking it. Mark quickly covers to keep her quiet as the shoutings of the bandits pass by and fades away in the distance since they're running farther from where Mark and the girl are hiding. Cautiously, Mark peeks out of the door to see if the bandits are gone, and luckily, they are. Hearing the girl panting really hard, Mark turns around, concerned, and checks to see if the girl is alright.

 

“Uh, excuse me, but, you alright?” Mark directing his question towards the girl as she stiffs her glasses in place, obviously shy.

“I…y-yeah, I’m fine. Thank you so much for saving me.” The girl thanked, smiling.

“Hold on, there’s a cut on your knee. Let me see.”

“Wait—

 

The girl is interrupted as Mark kneels down to examine her wound and digs through his pocket for some sort of bandage. He pulls out a long, white cloth and wraps it around her knee. Afterwards, he arises from his previous position and looks into her eyes, mesmerized deeply. Not only her eyes, but her snow white skin, her dim freckles, and her…soft, pink lips.

 

“Why does she look so familiar?” Mark thought to himself, deliberating what he should say to the most beautiful girl he’s ever seen.

 

“I wonder what his name is…he’s so handsome….”  The girl fantasizes to herself, thinking whether she should ask for Mark’s number or name. Gathering up her courage, she bravely asks him.

 

“E-excuse, but, um…what’s your name?”

“My name? Why?”

“I’m just…curious.”

“I’d rather keep quiet about that.”

“So you’re just gonna walk off without me knowing you? And right after you saved me?” The girl kept insisting.

“I have my reasons, so respect that.”

 

Just as Mark is about to exit the empty store, the girl quickly grabs hold of his wrist, physically telling him to wait a little longer.

 

    “W-what are you doing??”

    “You do realize you’re being rude, right?”

    “So? I don’t got no time for this, let me go.”

    “Please, tell me your name. If it’s so secretive, I promise I’ll never tell ANYONE.”

    “Then…tell me your name first.”

“Dabin. Jung Dabin.”


To be continued…