It's Valentine!

unspoken truth.

It’s February of 2017.

A new semester has begun. Students were walking here and there, heading to their respective classes. Mina and Jihyo who just arrived at the lecture building looked around, locating their upcoming class.

“Chaeyoung! Hi!”, Jihyo cheered and waved towards that one friend she saw from afar.

Mina ogled at the direction Jihyo was waving and snickered. She pulled her best friend’s arm and left the compound. Jihyo was pulled out of force.

“Yah, why don’t you say hi to Chaeyoung? You guys fought again is it?”

“No, we’ve broken up.”, Mina stated, still pulling the other girl’s arm.

“Woah! What? Again?”, Jihyo halted and pulled her hands away from Mina’s grip.

Mina eyed Jihyo and rolled her eyes. “I’m not going to talk about this.”

“Hey girl, you’ve a lot to tell me. Hey, hey!!!”, Jihyo called her out loud and chased the smaller latter since Mina walked away, ignoring her.

.

.

.

.

.

“So, why did you guys break up, again?”, Tzuyu questioned Chaeyoung while waiting for their lecturer to enter the class.

“She’s cheating on me and I’m sick of that.”, Chaeyoung answered nonchalant, hands busily arranging the notes for the class.

Most of the students know that Chaeyoung and Mina were dating and some of them shipped them so hard, and there’s plenty of them that hated them too. And they decided to ignore those hates but it gets difficult as time passed by. Some of them even tried to get close to any one of them and made the girl’s partner crushed apart. Chaeyoung called all the person that did that to her a..

Butthurt.

“Come on, you know she only had her eyes on you, right?”

Chaeyoung sighed in annoyance. “Ah, so her eyes on me, but lips on Jeongyeon’s? Is that so?”

Chaeyoung accidently made herself sound loud, making all the other students in the lecture hall start to whisper, which is loud enough to Chaeyoung’s ears.

“I need a break.”, Chaeyoung dashed out of the class and stood by the wall. The view of the clear blue sky greeted her view. She leaned her head by the wall and stared in the air.

“Umm…”, someone tapped Chaeyoung’s back, startling the little girl.

“Omo, who are you?”

“I’m- Momo. Is what you say about Jeongyeon is true?”, Momo asked, eyes kinda brimmed in tears. Or that’s what Chaeyoung thought.

“If it’s true, so what? You like Jeongyeon?”

Momo hung her head down low and nodded slowly. Chaeyoung crossed her hands over her chest and shook her head.

It’s kinda bizarre for Chaeyoung to know that a lot of the girls in the university had a crush on ‘that’ Jeongyeon, knowing how boastful she can be.

“This Jeongyeon is such a heart stealer, eh?”

“My girlfriend, my best friend, now you Momo from Japan, maybe next Jihyo unnie.”

“Who say I’m falling for that wreaker?”, Jihyo appeared out of nowhere.

She pulled Chaeyoung’s side hair and dragged her away from Momo, heading to a more secluded place.

“I’ve class in 10 minutes!”

“And you, don’t you remember making the confession of you and Jeongyeon’s first day of dating few months back?”

Jihyo hit Chaeyoung’s back, not so hard and grunted. “That’s a request from my fans alright. I wouldn’t ever do it on purpose.”

“Why? What is it that you have to drag me so painfully here?”

“Apologize to Mina and get together back.”, Jihyo said nicely.

“Me? Apologize? Why me? She’s the one cheating on me!”

“No, Mina said she did that to make you jealous. But you just took the easy path and broke up with her.”

Chaeyoung was speechless. “Really? Jealous? She freaking kiss the holy Jeongyeon!”

“You freaking sleep with Sana and Dahyun!”

“It was a sleepover, OMG! I told her million times that it was a sleepover but she’s just overacting and made her way towards Jeongyeon.”

“Oh? It was?”

“Yes. The other day, I followed them back home because Dahyun and I have to do some work together. And I just decided to sleepover these because it’s been awhile.”

Jihyo’s mouth was wide open, voluntarily making the air entered .

“Um, okay. You wait here, I’ll talk to her.”, Jihyo patted Chaeyoung’s shoulder and dashed away.

It’s not new to Chaeyoung to know that Jihyo is their biggest stan. She had knew Mina long ago while she was doing a student exchange program in Japan and they had been together since then. ‘Till death do us apart’ didn’t exist in Chaeyoung’s life dictionary as the presence of Jihyo could even affected her relationship with Mina, if she ever made a huge mistake.

.

.

.

.

.

Chaeyoung stared at her room’s door, waiting for no one actually. Her eyes darted to the clock that was placed on top of the door which shows 6 o’clock in the evening and Mina haven’t texted her since then.

The door flung open.

“Oh, you’re here? You usually went to jog with Mina at this hour.”, said Nayeon, Chaeyoung’s roommate.

“Uh, not today.”

“Fight again?”

“A bit.”

Understanding the little girl’s situation, Nayeon handed her a pack of food and quickly threw herself on her bed.

“My friend from America come to visit just now. She want me to give this to you.”

“No beans in it. Don’t worry.”, Nayeon added, eyes busily moving up and down from reading on her phone.

“Who was it?”, Chaeyoung’s brows furrowed as she took a peek in the container, containing the well-made pasta.

“Somi. You know her.”, Nayeon sat up on her bed. “She likes you so much, you know.”

“Maybe you could give her a chance?”, Nayeon asked not obvious, but it was to Chaeyoung.

“You’re saying I should break up with Mina?”

“You said it. I didn’t.”

Chaeyoung was suddenly in deep thought. Her fingers was restless and her eyes wandered from a place to another.

“Oh my god.”, a voice cooed from the outside.

“I can’t believe you actually have to think about it!”

It was Mina.

The air was filled with tense. Chaeyoung looked at Mina and Nayeon, back and forth. Mina was so worked up and left the corridor. Chaeyoung turned her head to face Nayeon, gaining a poker face from her, acting like she did nothing wrong when she knew that Mina was standing there since then. Not thinking long, Chaeyoung ran after Mina.

“Mina.”, she called. Mina kept walking.

“Minaaa.”, she tried again, now much softer and persuasive.

Still, Mina didn’t give a damn on Chaeyoung and kept ignoring her.

“Baby!”, Chaeyoung called in a stern tone.

Mina halted. Chaeyoung getting nervous, thinking that she might be scolded by her girlfriend. The older girl whirled around, they are not even close to one another.

“Yes, ‘baby’ Chaeyoung?”

“Can you not do this? Please, babe.”

“Do what? Go to Somi. Go. Hish.”, Mina replied as she rolled her eyes while hissing.

Chaeyoung took a step forward. “You really want me to go?”

Mina locked her eyes on Chaeyoung, staring directly in her retina. “Yes, please. Just go. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

“GO! Just go!”, Mina demanded.

“Okay then.”, Chaeyoung snickered and turned around, taking steps away from Mina slowly.

“EEEEEEEE!”, cried Mina. “When I say go, then don’t go! When will you understand?!”

Chaeyoung faced Mina again. “Then should I stay?”

“Yes!”

“You don’t want to see my face again.”

“It was a threat! How dare you make your girlfriend can’t look at your face.”

“You cheated.”

“You sleep with other people.”

“It was a sleepover, Minari!!!”

“You didn’t tell.”

“You freaking kiss Jeongyeon right infront of my eyes?! What you have to say about that?”

“It was a mistake.”

“Mistake? Really?”

“Yes, you not telling me you’re sleeping over at Dahyun and Sana’s house is a mistake too.”

Chaeyoung closed her eyes, frustrated. Her knuckles stiffen, feeling like throwing a punch to somebody, especially her girlfriend but she knew she can’t do that because she loves her.

You read that right. She loves her. Only her.

“You really going to play it this way?”

“Yes! I was so upset and just need an explanation and comfort from you but you just left???”

“Yeah, but I’ve told you that-”

“Right, and then what? Break up with me? After break up with me, go flirting with Tzuyu? And then, oh my god who is that Japanese girl you talked to during before Jihyo came to find you? And then, you how dare you look at Nayeon unnie like that, you grinned at her when she walked into your room. And then, you really think about breaking up with me for a long time and date that USA girl? And then, move to USA? And then-”

“Okay, I’m sorry.”, Chaeyoung crept nearer and placed both her hands behind Mina’s neck, clinging.

Rejecting the eye contact, Mina continued. “Then, when you move you think you can get a baby or-”

“Yes, I’m sorry baby girl.”

Chaeyoung slowly massaged the back of Mina’s neck using her thumbs, serving to calm her nerves down. Mina stopped blabbering. She looked at Chaeyoung.

“Don’t go to USA.”, Mina said, her red eyes fixed on Chaeyoung.

“I won’t. Not without you.”, Chaeyoung reassured her.

Mina took Chaeyoung’s right hand and placed it on her cheek. “You love this face right?”

Silly Mina with silly question always made Chaeyoung burst out cackling softly. “I love this girl. Not just the face babe.”

“You only love me, right?”

Chaeyoung nodded sincerely.

“You-You will tell me if you’re going anywhere again, right?”

“Yes, baby. In fact, I will never sleepover at someone’s place anymore. I promise.”

Mina chuckled and smiled radiantly, flashing all her teeth beautifully. Chaeyoung pulled Mina for a soft kiss and it lasted for 5 second. Chaeyoung pulled back but Mina grunted, pulling her for a more passionate kiss. Arms was wrapped around one another as their lips made the small world a heaven of love. They parted away, gasping for air while looking into each other’s eyes.

“I love you, Chaeyoungie.”

“I love you too, Minari.”, Chaeyoung said while linking their fingers.

“Wanna go and have a short coffee date with me? It’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow anyway.”

Mina nodded and hugged her girlfriend’s arm tightly. “Let’s go, tiger boo!”

.

.

.

.

.

“Can I come and sleepover at yours this weekend?”

Mina pouted. “Ah, sorry baby. I’m sleeping over at Sana and Dahyun’s house this weekend.”

“What?? How come you can sleep there I can’t?”

“Because I’m the girl and you just have to agree with me.”, Mina answered, sipping on her hot coffee.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “Okay.”

Mina grinned sweetly and planted a soft kiss on her girlfriend’s lips. “Happy Valentine’s Day, baby.”