final

Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Soo, colors are so pretty, I wish you could see them." 

Kyungsoo looks up from the book he is reading, coffee mug up to his lips. His eyebrows are scrunched together in annoyance. "You've said, a million times, Baekhyun." 

"I know, but they're just..." Baekhyun pouts. "I'm not sure how to describe them, they're just so pretty." 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. Baekhyun has been on and on about this in the past two weeks. Wishing Kyungsoo could see colors, and enjoy their beauty with him, and how his soulmate is possibly the most amazing human being Baekhyun has ever met. It gets really annoying after the first few times talking about it, but now it is just unbearable. 

Okay, yeah, Kyungsoo does envy Baekhyun a little, and wants to know what it's like to see a world that isn't black and white. He can't even imagine what it would look like. No one has ever been able to do that, and yet, there are those people that claim oh it's exactly what I imagined!

es. They know nothing. Luckily, Baekhyun is one of the very very few people Kyungsoo actually likes, and won't say like that. 

He wonders about color most when he reads books, and their vivid descriptions. Different colors would be included, and Kyungsoo has always struggled to paint a picture in his head when they were there. As much as the story may entice him, it does make him upset occasionally that he cannot see the colors. 

As soon as Kyungsoo tries to get back to reading, Baekhyun says: "By the way, have you heard about Kim Jongin?" 

"Who?" Kyungsoo decides to mark his page, and tolerate engaging in conversation, with the older male in front of him. 

"Oh my god, you can't have not heard of him." 

Kyungsoo shrugs. "Can't say that I have. Why?" 

Baekhyun huffs. "He's amazing, you have no idea. He started a fashion company two years ago," Kyungsoo's ears perk up a moment, "and it's become the most trendy brand since last year." Kyungsoo thinks about tuning Baekhyun out—he's honestly getting tired of him right now, and just wishes to read. But Baekhyun continues, and it surprises him. "And get this. He hasn't seen colors, yet." 

Kyungsoo blinks twice. He has always been interested in fashion, even if Kyungsoo hasn't met his soulmate yet. He likes the fabrics more, how they blend together, and make something amazing, than trying to decipher the colors. He is always sure to ask someone who isn't colorblind about the colors each time, before he can make a sketch of an outfit official, though—luckily. 

"That's impossible. He started a fashion company and hasn't seen colors?"

"That's what makes him so amazing!" Baekhyun exclaims, a smile appearing on his face. "It's unheard of that a fashion designer would still see a grey world, yet be so successful. That's why he's so famous and respected!" 

The younger takes a sip of his coffee, and swallows the bitter taste. "What happens when he meets his 'one and only?'" Kyungsoo asks.

"Hopefully nothing, he'll still be respected as he is now." Baekhyun's phone dings once, and he takes it out of his pocket while saying, "Kim Jongin made history." 

 


It was instant admiration after Kyungsoo learned about Kim Jongin. He—an aspiring designer and hoping to get an internship in a fashion brand—could not believe he didn't know about this guy. He knows the brand, named Lucky Monster, and it's quite fashionable brand of clothing, if Kyungsoo is being completely honest. Mixed with fine, elegant styles, and bold, y garments. It is still a rather new company, but its sales have been going through the roof since it came about. 

Personally, Kyungsoo wouldn't wear clothes from that brand, only because it doesn't suit him(at all). But it is stylish and he would kill to be in the company. Maybe as a designer, maybe just an intern. 

And it's when Kyungsoo is walking around the city, music in his ears, when he sees the flyer. The print is in bold letters, and it reads:

LUCKY MONSTER FASHION CO. SEARCHING FOR INTERNS!

His eyes almost bulge out of his head. He immediately copies the website for sign up onto his cell, along with the phone number. Kyungsoo continues to walk, fingers typing quick along the screen. He actually bumps into a few people on accident, he's so focused. 

He sends the sign-up with shaking thumbs and a racing heart. 

"I," he whispers to himself, "I actually did it." 

A few days later, Kyungsoo receives an email. It is while he's with Baekhyun and Chanyeol—Baekhyun's boyfriend—eating lunch at their college campus. They're both awfully clingy around each other, and Kyungsoo almost thanks God for descending an email upon him. He opens the email, and yells, Oh my god!

Mister Do,

We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted for an interview for one of the internships. You will meet with the CEO himself, Kim Jongin, for the interview.

The date is set for this Tuesday, at 1:00. We are very excited to meet you!

-Kim Jongdae, Lucky Monster Fashion Co.


Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo, who is covering his face out of disbelief, yet joy. His eyes are widened slightly, alarmed at how overjoyed Kyungsoo is right now. It is possible he has never seen his best friend this happy. 

"Soo, what—" 

But Kyungsoo intercepts with a large, heart shaped smile, and holds his phone out to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "I got an interview! Can you believe this?!" 

Baekhyun suddenly feels attacked by this overwhelming joy Kyungsoo is displaying.

 

Kyungsoo took note on Monday evening to get Baekhyun, to help him pick out the right clothes, for the interview. The elder grinned at him as he pointed out which looks best, what colors fit together. Kyungsoo, curious, asked what colors were on him. 

His pants are blue skinny jeans—Baekhyun had said—with rips in the thighs and one in the right knee. They hug the form of his legs just right, though they're loose enough to be less suggestive. Then a red blazer with a light grey V-neck under it. His shoes are a pair of white Vans. It's comfortable and casual, but it's stylish enough for the interview, Kyungsoo thinks. 

He decides to wear his glasses instead of his contacts, to try and seem professional. So swiftly, and with a anxious demeanor, he walks to the address he was given a few days ago.

 

"Did I schedule all these meetings today?" 

"Your fault, kkamjong, I'm just your secretary." 

Jongin groans at his desk, rubbing his temples and sighing deeply. "Tell me exactly why I agreed to interviewing every applicant, again?" The young CEO asks, hand falling back to the top of his desk and eyes searching Jongdae, his secretary and best friend. 

Jongdae huffs. He places his hands on his hips, shaking his head. "Because you wanted to be sure you picked the right ones for the right people. Because you're that nice of a person, and you actually don't treat your employees like unlike others." Jongdae grins in the midst of saying that. "You said so yourself." 

It cheers Jongin up, a little. But it doesn't help the stress on his shoulders, deciding who is best for which department and person, remembering their faces and getting Jongdae to contact the ones that make it. Plus the designs he'll have to go through with the stylists later, and the photographers and models... 

Ugh.

Jongin finally heaves a long, long sigh, leaning over and running his fingers through his dark hair. "Alright," Jongin starts, "cancel my meetings with the stylists and photographers downstairs, for me. We'll work overtime with both of them tomorrow." 

The shorter just nods his head. "First meeting is at eleven. Last is at five." Jongdae states. "Or however long it takes you." 

Another nod comes from Jongin, this time, while he hums. "Okay, just send them in as they arrive, alright?" 

"Yup, I got you, Mr. Lucky M," Jongdae teases, his grin wide and playful. It gets Jongin to smile finally, shoo-ing his best friend off.

And soon enough, one by one, applicants for internships come to his office for the interview. There were two girls first, one had already seen color, the other had not. But both seemed qualified well enough, and definitely pleasant to work with in the fields they pursue. 

Jongdae comes back in about five after one. His head lifts up from some paperwork. "What's up?" Jongin says. 

Hands fall in Jongdae's pockets. "Your 1:00 interview is on his way, he was running a little late today." 

You'd think Jongin is an intolerant man, being he is the CEO of a big company and wouldn't have patience for anything. But he isn't. He just grins and nods his head, saying: "Alright, just send him in when he's here." 

Jongdae hums and leaves again. Jongin decides to go over some designs, making sure things look right and in proportion. A sigh is heaved from his mouth when he hears a knock and the door open once more. In his peripheral vision, Jongin knows the one walking in is not Jongdae. 

"I'll be with you in a moment," he utters with a small, friendly smile, not looking up yet. "Have a seat, ple—" That moment, he looks up from the designs in front of him.

And it happens.

His world is no longer in dull. It's a burst of vibrancy, brightness, and more emotions he has ever felt. His eyes land on the man in front of him, who is shorter, but his body is well built and thicker than Jongin's. Jongin cannot think of the color names that he wears, or the color of his lips, but oh, are they beautiful. The man is so stunning—mouth in the shape of a deformed heart, eyes big and entrancing behind large framed, square glasses, his black hair messy and swooped over his eyes. Jongin gazes upon the rips in the shorter's jeans, white skin showing through. Jongin's breath hitches—at him and the overwhelming burst of colors he thought he would never see—and his mouth feels like cotton was stuffed inside. 

Only for a brief few moments do Jongin's eyes dance about the room, completely amazed at how beautiful everything is. Is it normal to think like this after meeting your soulmate? Everything is beautiful?

The man makes a wonderfully gorgeous, yet shy grin at Jongin, his face slightly colored against his white skin. He bows respectfully and Jongin's mouth hangs open. A tongue swipes over his lips and he feels his heartbeat accelerate. 

He sits in the chair in front of Jongin's desk. The male seems a bit nervous, and Jongin suddenly wishes he could kiss over his face to calm him down. It would be inappropriate, though, this is an interview after all. 

Jongin then quickly shuffles around to start the interview. He finds the sheet for the male's profile. "U-uhm, so," Jongin starts, reading over the information. "Do Kyungsoo is your name?" 

He nods his head. "Yes, Mr. Kim." 

A pain tugs at Jongin's chest. It's so... formal. He does not like the sound coming from Kyungsoo—the sound of honorifics on Jongin. 

"Alright," he continues. "Date of birth?" 

"January 12th, '93." 

He's older than me. 

Jongin finishes going over the information on the profile. Then he smiles at Kyungsoo, leaning forward a bit. "I'm going to ask you some other questions, and I want you to answer as honest as you can, okay?" 

Kyungsoo nods once more, smiling a little back. 

"Why do you want to intern here?" 

The older's lips into his mouth a moment, as if pondering. Jongin finds it cute immediately as he does that. Kyungsoo adjusts his glasses and looks Jongin in the eyes. The contact makes Jongin's heart skip a beat. 

"I've always had a passion for designing clothes and styling," Kyungsoo says with a sheepish smile. "I want to be in the industry somehow, and I'm in my last year of college and haven't even interned anywhere. I love your line of fashion too, and admire how successful you are when you haven't even seen colors yet." His cheeks are glowing that same, pretty color as he bites his lower lip. 

Jongin sends a knowing look, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. "And how do you know I haven't yet?" 

At this, Kyungsoo blinks. "I'm sorry?" 

A pit drops in Jongin's stomach, and his lips turn down. Odd. Shouldn't Kyungsoo have seen them too? Jongin saw the vibrant hues when he first laid eyes on Kyungsoo... 

"Have you, Kyungsoo-ssi?" Jongin asks carefully, stomach turning and his pulse loud in his ears. 

"No," Kyungsoo frowns, "I'm afraid not." 

Impossible, it has to be a lie. 

"Are you sure?" Jongin's hand drops. 

Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Will that be a problem?" 

Jongin really, truly wants to break right there and cry. He doesn't understand anything. How? Why? Isn't it that both are supposed to see colors at the same time, not just one? So why is this happening? Why, why, why, why? 

"Mr. Kim?" 

A flicker comes over Jongin's almost teary eyes. "Ah, no, not really," he swallows very hard. "I, uh, I haven't either yet, so." Lies. You shouldn't lie to him, you have to figure this out. "One more question." 

"Hmm?" 

"Do you have any special requests, in terms of who you want to intern for?" 

Another wide smile appears on Kyungsoo's face, with his cheeks still glowing. "I hope it isn't a pain," he says. "But I think it'd be interesting to work with you. If you don't mind and accept me as an intern." 

Ah, you see, Jongin had never wanted an intern. He has always been content by himself and/or with Jongdae's help and input(Jongdae has already met his own soulmate, by the way). But maybe it'd be interesting... yet, there's a problem here that should be fixed. 

Jongin nods once. "I'll consider it," he decides it is best to say. A smile strains at his lips. "I think that concludes our time together, Kyungsoo-ssi." 

Kyungsoo hums, muttering a thank you. He stands slowly, and for some odd reason, Jongin does too. They stare at each other for a few moments. Jongin finds himself immersed in Kyungsoo's eyes, dark and deep but still beautiful and full of emotions. Kyungsoo clears his throat to break Jongin out of his trance. 

"A-ah, uh, my secretary will email you within the next few days." finishes Jongin. 

Another hum. "Okay," again, Kyungsoo bows in a respectful manner. Jongin's breath begins to tremble, and his body feels like it'll collapse on the spot. The older greets Jongin goodbye and exits the room with a soft shut of the door. 

Jongin completely shatters, after the door closes. The tears fall instantly, never have they ever fallen so fast off his cheeks. He is unable to wail, scream, cry out. It's just tears. Wet cheeks, shiny eyes, a heart broken into the smallest pieces. 

It can't be, it's impossible. He should have seen or felt something.

 

"I think you should tell him and both of you should see a doctor, or something." Jongdae says later, after the interviews have ended.

Overall they went well, but Kyungsoo's is still fresh in Jongin's mind. Of course he is overjoyed about meeting his soulmate(if he can even call Kyungsoo that) and seeing the colors everyone is meant to see. However, the pain is there and much more overbearing than the happiness. He has tried not to cry after the third appointment, and succeeded. But he struggled in the very last one, and got it over with as soon as he possibly could with a trembling voice and body. 

Jongdae came in a bit after, only to see Jongin with his back to a wall and sitting on the floor. He was in tears, and his head was down between his knees. The CEO did not really have any choice but to tell Jongdae. Plus it just sort of spilled out of him, out of his control. 

Here they are now, Jongdae attempting to calm Jongin down. Jongin is still shaking, curled up in Jongdae's side and having never left the spot Jongdae found him in. He doesn't really respond to what Jongdae had just said. At this point everything is faded, even the colors he has seen are not as vibrant as they were when he first laid eyes on Kyungsoo. They're pretty still, of course. Just... not distracting enough for him, at the moment. 

The secretary notices how Jongin is not responding to him, and heaves. "Come on, I'll take you to mine and Sehun's for a bit."

A sniff comes from Jongin, followed by a nod. Jongdae stands first, then helps Jongin up too.

 


Any moment his face appears in Kyungsoo's mind, his heart beats erratically. He struggles to understand why it happens, no one has ever had this effect on him before. There is something just so enticing and entrancing about Jongin that has him on the college student's mind. 

He is not sure how to explain it. The young CEO is definitely, ravishly handsome, yet there's a larger childlike essence about him—no matter how professional he was being during the interview. 

Being infatuated with Jongin might have something to do with how he reacted to the email he had received from Jongin's secretary. He, again, was with Baekhyun and his voice broke out in a short scream when he read it. They were just taking a stroll through the park near their campus, Baekhyun going on about a date with Chanyeol and maybe when Kyungsoo meets the love of his life, they could do a double date. Before Kyungsoo was able to scrunch his nose in disgust, he read the email. It read, this time:


Mister Do,

Congratulations! You have been selected out of many to intern at Lucky Monster Fashion Co.! 

You will start Monday, at 9:45 AM. Your supervisor, Kim Jongin, will wait for you at the café down in the lobby. 

Good luck!

-Kim Jongdae, Lucky Monster Fashion Co.


And today, he could n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter