1/1

As Simple As That

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Park Chanyeol is a simple guy. Being rich and spoiled by his parents didn’t stopped him from being simple. Being the only son of the Park family was a huge advantage as he could have anything or everything that he want. Being the CEO of the well known Park Corporation was a huge thing as it came with a huge responsibilities. But being Chanyeol was all about making things simple. He never considered himself as someone that was too high to have everyone look up to him or that was too low until everyone looked down at him. He considered himself as an average, young, 24-years old guy who likes to take things simple.

 

 

 

“Chanyeol, would you like pancakes or waffles for today breakfast?” Mrs. Lim, the most trustworthy maid in the household asked with a tender smile on her face. Although the woman had reach her forty, she didn’t seems to get tired easily.

 

Weak is for loser. She told him one day when Chanyeol offered to help Mrs. Lim to lift a huge box fill with clothes for charity. With one look on Mrs. Lim face, Chanyeol surrendered. The woman just never knew how to rest. Regardless that, she was really kind and she had been working for the Park family for 10 years now.

 

“Nah, just cereal will be fine.” Chanyeol said and flashed his toothy smile. “Simple as always,” Mrs. Lim muttered with a smile on her face. “That’s me.” Chanyeol beamed excitedly and look around the kitchen as if looking for something or specifically,

 

“Looking for someone?” Chanyeol almost, almost let out a very shameful squeal when someone tapped his shoulder unexpectedly.

 

“Mom.” Chanyeol groaned when he came face to face with the woman who gave birth to him 24 years ago. Chanyeol’s mom chuckled and took a seat next to him at the kitchen island.

 

Mrs. Park, is the most respectful woman in South Korea because she managed to capture the hearts of the people with her personality and attitude. Their life story had gave inspiration to the citizen from all around the world. She came from a simple background, where her father and mother were farmers in Jeju-do who owns their own land and they grew their own plants to sell at the market. When she was little, she will be fast on her feet to help her parents until she had graduated high school. Because of her passion and good grades she got an offer to continue her study abroad and that’s where she met Chanyeol’s father, Mr. Park. The most wonderful guy that she had ever met.

 

Mr. Park on the other hand came from a wealthy background where his father and mother were both businessman and businesswoman yet he was so humble. She remember the first time she had brought Mr. Park along with her to Jeju-do because the guy kept on insisting he wanted to meet her parents so bad. She thought Mr. Park just wanted to look around Jeju-do for fun but she was definitely wrong. He had other intention and that was to propose her in front of their parents. Exactly, he even invited his parents to Jeju-do without her knowing it because he wanted to surprise her and guess what? It works. They married 5 months after and a year later they were blessed with an addition in their family. A healthy baby boy weight less than 4 kg, with a gifted long ears. They name him Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.

 

 

The exact same Chanyeol who was now whining like a baby when his mother decided to further. “I know who are you looking for~” She sing song and Chanyeol just rolled his eyes at his mother antique.

 

“Ummm, Mrs. Lim. I already bought the ingredients to bake the cake.”

 

Mrs. Lim and Mrs. Park can literally saw the sun radiating from Chanyeol’s face when they saw a boy who was way shorter than Chanyeol enter the kitchen. The boy timidly made his way towards Mrs. Lim who was pouring milk into the purple and white Corelle bowl, fill with colorful Fruit Loops. Mrs. Lim smile fondly at the small boy who had a bright smile on his face. “Oh, Baekhyun dear. Thank you so much, sorry for troubling you early in the morning.”

 

“It’s okay, Mrs. Lim. I’m the one who volunteer and it was nice to take a walk in the morning.” Seeing the adorable look on Baekhyun face made Mrs. Lim smile. “You can put the bags here and can you please take this and give it to Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun gulped and he felt a sudden blush crept on his face. “O..Okay.”

 

Chanyeol who was silent ever since Baekhyun enter the kitchen, kept his eyes locked on the small petite boy. He felt as if there was no air around him since he find it was kind of hard to breath once he saw Baekhyun was making his way towards him, trying to balance the bowl in his small hands. Baekhyun looks like a complete angel right now. It’s not because of Baekhyun wearing a white sweatshirt pair with a white long pants but it was because of the boy soft features. From his soft dark brown locks, to his soft looking eyes and to his soft skin. His cherry colored lips were smooth to. He can assure that because-

 

“Chanyeol.” Mrs. Park nudged Chanyeol’s rib with her elbow. Chanyeol flinched and looked at his mother accusingly. “Baekhyun is asking you something.”

 

Chanyeol was surprised to see Baekhyun standing in front of him and looking at him with those puppy eyes, a fade shade of blush adorning his soft face.

 

“Do you need anything else?”

 

Did he already told about Baekhyun soft, silky voice? Well, if Chanyeol was an author, he could write a whole book just to describe his voice. He often caught Baekhyun singing or humming once in a while and he felt all the stress disappear. It was not just his voice but everything about Baekhyun can somehow make him felt happy.

 

You must be wondering who is Baekhyun. Not just Baekhyun but Park Baekhyun. He was a Byun before he was married to the Park only son, Chanyeol. So now you can say that Baekhyun is Chanyeol wife. Or husband. They were married to each other about a week ago. The wedding was quite simple upon Chanyeol request yet it was a really beautiful wedding.

 

It was really surprising to all Chanyeol’s friend when Chanyeol handed them his wedding invitation.

 

“Hyung, are you serious?” Kai, his best friend who he had already consider as his younger brother asked.

 

With a wide smile on his face, Chanyeol nodded.

 

“Who is this Baekhyun?” Kris, the oldest among all asked questioningly trying to recall anyone name Baekhyun in their circle of friend.

 

“No idea. I never met him.”

 

“What? Are you serious? When are you going to meet him?” Suho the most sane among them asked.

 

“On our wedding day.”

 

“Are you serious?” Chen, the troll of the group looked at Chanyeol in total disbelief.

 

Chanyeol just simply nodded his head as if this was nothing.

 

“You are really something.” The youngest of them all, Sehun muttered softly only to have Chanyeol smile at him.

 

 

 

The wedding took place in the backyard of The Park’s huge mansion. You can say it was a garden themed wedding. Everything looked so simple but elegant. The backyard was decorated with a mixture of turquoise and white decorations. Turquoise and white balloon floating around, turquoise and white chairs, turquoise and white clothes even the flowers were a mixture of turquoise and white. Chanyeol was really charismatic as he wore his turquoise colored tux along with white silk necktie.

 

 

“This is it.” Chanyeol said as he stared at his own reflection on the mirror.

 

“I don’t really get you. If I were you, I will freak out or better yet I will just run away.” Kris said as he helped to adjust Chanyeol necktie. “It’s better like this. You know that I’m not into the whole dating stuff and I think getting married might be the solution. Plus my parents said that this guy is nice so, why not.”

 

“Simple, simple Chanyeol.” Sehun said as he rolled on the bed along with Kai. Chen just looked at them with disgust on his face. “I’m not going to do the bed again.” Kai and Sehun smirked and rolled around the bed making it way messier than before. Chen smiled slyly before he jumped on them. “You’re so heavy.” Sehun groaned in pain but Chen kept on putting pressure on the two of them. “Fine, fine. We’ll do the bed.” Kai gave up and tried to escape from Chen torturous weight.

 

Feeling glad, Chen climbed off the bed leaving Kai and Sehun to do the bed. Then, Suho darted into the room with a huge smile on his face, quickly stride towards Chanyeol’s direction. “I’m so jealous of you.” Suho said as he poked Chanyeol’s shoulder continuously who in return stared at Suho weirdly. Even the others were curious on why would Suho said that.

 

“I met Baekhyun. He’s so cute and he’s definitely your type.” Suho wriggled his eyebrows in a very playful manner. The others whistled and tease Chanyeol but Chanyeol remained unfazed and still had a goofy smile on his face.

 

“I can’t believe you are getting married.” Kris said as he patted Chanyeol’s shoulder. Kai and Sehun nodded their head but nonetheless, they had a huge playful smile on their face. Chen looked at his watch and nudged Chanyeol’s arm. “Are you ready?” Chanyeol just smile and took one last look on the mirror before turning to face his friends. “I’m ready.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was nervous. He wanted to cry on his mother lap because he definitely wasn’t expecting this.

 

Everything was just fine when Chanyeol made his entrance. He can hear the guests murmured to each other. Kris, as his best man lead Chanyeol until they reach the end of the aisle where he will be officiated as someone husband. He was standing there, not feeling anxious or anything. He just felt like how he felt everyday, peace and relaxing. Nothing to big or nothing to small for him. It’s just a wedding right?

 

But it all changed when he saw the bride walking on the aisle. His eyes went wide, his throat felt dry and there’s something fluttering in him. The bride, Baekhyun, looked definitely stunning. He was wearing a white tux with a turquoise necktie somehow making him look like an angel. Baekhyun was shorter than him and it was really cute to see how the boy blushed, walking with his head low completely trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone around him. The guest cooed and Baekhyun almost tripped but his dad, Mr. Byun, managed to get hold of Baekhyun preventing the boy from kissing the ground.

 

Finally, when Baekhyun stood in front of him, he can clearly see the boy face. Baekhyun took a lot of guts in him to lift his head to look at Chanyeol. The both of them stared at each other for a few moments before the priest announced that it’s time to officiate the wedding. Since it was their first encounter, their vows were short and simple. Chanyeol felt like he was floating when he heard Baekhyun’s soft voice.

 

“You may kiss the bride.”

 

That’s when his worlds started to shake. He gulped and he can see Baekhyun was as nervous as he was. Chanyeol took a glimpse at the guest and he saw the anticipated look on their face. Without thinking twice, Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hand. Oops, he meant to say Baekhyun’s soft hands in his. The sudden bold move made Baekhyun startled in surprise but he still let Chanyeol pulled him closer until there was barely any space between them. Their face had turned crimson red and it didn’t help when the guests kept chanting for them to kiss.

 

Softly, Chanyeol leaned in and captured those cherry colored lips, savoring the sweet taste of Baekhyun’s lips. The guests cheered and clapped their hands. Once they pulled away from the kiss, Chanyeol kept his gaze on Baekhyun, appreciating the beauty in front of him.

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol said shocking both of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was kind of disappointed when Baekhyun didn’t say anything after that, feeling crushed thinking that he just got rejected.

 

After the event, Baekhyun quickly entered the house leaving Chanyeol alone making him felt sadder than he already was. Most of the guests had gone home leaving only a couple of close families that were being attended by Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s parents.

 

 

With a heavy heart, Chanyeol dragged himself to his but now their bedroom. He heard the water running from the bathroom, assuming that Baekhyun was taking a bath. He marched towards the bed and then he spotted a small baby pink note on the bed.

 

 

 

I don’t know how to say it but I will write it.

 

I think I might love you too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A day after their wedding, during breakfast, Mr. And Mrs. Park managed to convince Chanyeol and Baekhyun to stay at their place for at least two weeks before moving out into their new apartment . Chanyeol protest because he thought that he was really ready to live independently but on the other hand, Baekhyun was quick to agree causing Mrs. Park to place lots of kisses on Baekhyun’s face and once in a while turn to send Chanyeol one of her infamous glare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today was the last day that they will be staying here so Mr. and Mrs. Park insists Chanyeol to take a day off so that they can have a family bonding before they left to live their own life.

 

“It’s okay, Baekhyun. Come and join us. Did you go the mart alone?” Mrs. Park asked with a smile on her face. Baekhyun nodded timidly and he bit on his bottom lips. “I’m sorry.” Mrs. Park blinked her eyes. “I want to get some fresh air and the neighborhood is really beautiful. I hope you don’t mind and please don’t be mad.” Mrs. Park chuckled,“Oh, honey. You don’t have to apologize but next time, if you want to go out, just wake Chanyeol up. It’s kind of dangerous to go out alone.” Baekhyun lifted his eyes and smile his beautiful smile while nodding his head.

 

Chanyeol gulped probably quite loud enough for Mrs. Park to hear. Thinking that this might be a perfect chance, Mrs. Park let out a coughed trying to get Mrs. Lim attention.

 

“I need to do some gardening. Mrs. Lim can you come and help me?” Mrs. Park looked at Mrs Lim and gave her a sign which Mrs. Lim instantly read it. This two had always a very strong connection especially when it came to planning something involving Chanyeol and Baekhyun. “Of course.” The two ‘aunts’ left the kitchen leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

It’s been a week since they’re married but they were still awkward with each other. It didn’t help when Chanyeol left to work early in the morning before anyone woke up and only come back home when it’s already past everyone bedtime. When he came back, he make sure that Baekhyun was asleep and took a pillow and blanket to sleep on the floor. Even on their first night, Chanyeol left the room to sleep on the guest room without being noticed by his parents.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Chanyeol choked and Baekhyun panic. With his short legs, Baekhyun went to fill a glass of warm water and quickly gave it to Chanyeol who gladly took it. After he was sure that he could breath properly he turn to look at Baekhyun who was looking at him with a concern look on his face. “Are you okay? Do you want me to get you another glass of water?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and smile, “I’m fine. Thank you.” Baekhyun felt the butterflies in his stomach came to life when he saw the smile on Chanyeol’s face. The smile on Chanyeol’s face was replaced with a frown when he recalled Baekhyun’s words, “Why did you say sorry?”

 

Baekhyun fiddled with his fingers and hung his head low like he usually do when he was nervous, a habit that Chanyeol manage to catch up during their wedding day. “I don’t know. I can see you are avoiding me. Do you have anyone else? I mean did you already had a girlfriend? If you do, I’m so sorry.”

 

Chanyeol felt guilty and Baekhyun’s sad voice can’t be unheard because clearly the boy was really sad. “No, Baekhyun. I don’t have any girlfriend. Heck, I never had a girlfriend.” Baekhyun was about to say something but Chanyeol beat him up to it. “Or a boyfriend. I never had one. So don’t worry. The one that was suppose to be sorry is me. I’m sorry Baekhyun. I’m not sure how this marriage thing work and I felt so sorry for you because you have to end up with someone like me. You deserve better.”

 

Baekhyun gasped and shook his head. Chanyeol smile briefly, memorizing Baekhyun’s look before he took Baekhyun’s hand in his. He pulled Baekhyun towards him and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun petite figure. Since Chanyeol was sitting while Baekhyun was standing, Chanyeol lifted his head and Baekhyun looked down so their eyes could met with each other.

 

“I don’t how does it feel to fall in love with someone but when I had you in my arms I know that this is love. I want to hold you close and never let you go. I want you to be here by my side and I want to be there by your side too. I hope that this is not to cheesy. I don-”

 

Chanyeol swallowed his words when he felt a pair of soft lips on his. It was not just a pair of soft lips. It was Baekhyun’s pair of lips. Baekhyun is kissing him and he liked it a lot. Their lips move in sync.

 

What happen to be a sweet kiss, turns into a more desperate kiss when Chanyeol suddenly pulled Baekhyun to sit on his lap without breaking the kiss. Baekhyun’s leg hang loosely on each side of Chanyeol’s legs while they were still immersed in their heated kiss.

 

 

 

“Woohoo. You kids are wild.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol broke the kiss and turn to look at Mr. Park who was standing a few meters away from them, with a sly smile on his face. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol was still catching their breath. Mr. Park was still looking at them with a mischievous looked on his face. Baekhyun was about to stand but Chanyeol stubbornly tighten his grip on Baekhyun’s hips and pulled Baekhyun even closer to him.

 

“Dad, we’re kind of busy right now.” Chanyeol stated shamelessly. Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s arm softly with a blush on his face making him even cuter in Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol can’t help but to peck Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

“Fine, fine. I’ll leave after having my toast. Or you two can continue this somewhere else except the living room because I need to watch the re-run from yesterday football match.” Mr. Park swiftly move around the kitchen and once in a while to look at them only to send them a meaningful look.

 

“He’s right, baby. Want to go to our room?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol curiously. “You know, to continue something.” Chanyeol said with a flirtatious tone and winked at the end of his word.

 

“You sounds like an old couple. You know back then when your mom and I were married we didn’t even ask for permission. It just happen. You want to know how-”

 

“Bye, dad.” Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun up. Baekhyun automatically had his legs wrapped around Chanyeol’s torso, hands circling Chanyeol’s neck. “I can walk you know.” Baekhyun stated shyly but yet he still enjoying Chanyeol’s attention. Chanyeol smirked and placed a quick peck on Baekhyun’s temple before whispering, “It’s okay baby. You can keep this energy for something else.”

 

Baekhyun flushed but he didn’t resist.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~