Part 5

My Everything

To you, who for a long time protected me
(I’m always thankful to you)
Now I’ll do with you those many lonely days that you had
I look like a fool don’t I?
Did you have a hard time, forgive me
Now hold my hand, forever I’ll be yours.

 

The island looks so small from the distance, however although far, people could still see how the white sand glistens in the morning sun, the coconut trees swaying happily and a number of boats floating lazily in the distance, waiting for passengers to embark and leave the island. The scent of the salty waters drifted to the wind, one of the passengers of the incoming boat, a woman in her early twenties, lays her hand on the deep green waters, enjoying the scent and the feel of it in her fingers, smooth and tingling. She looks down and marvels at how unfathomable the deepness of the water is, and yet…she felt as if everything underneath it was close to her touch.

The boat’s engine buzzes wildly as they approach the island; it took a while before they were finally given the chance to disembark. The young woman smiles as she takes in the island’s full view; the boat coming to its full stop. Several people started disembarking immediately, excited and more than eager to leave the boat. The young woman however dwindled for a moment and then she finally stands up, takes her bags and disembarks as well.

“I’m here.” Meg mutters as she stands up and waits for her turn on the ladder to get down from the boat, one of the fishermen, or boatmen for that matter, smiled and reached out for her hand. Meg smiles and takes it. Another one of them took her bag and immediately placed it on the seashore. Before Meg steps on the ladder, she takes off her sandals, carries it and then disembarks the boat slowly, not really afraid she’d fall, but more in fact, wanting to take the moment in. The first touch of water on her feet felt like air to Meg’s heart, it pulses and grips like something she had never felt before, but Meg welcomes it with open arms.

It felt like yesterday when she first stepped into the island, not knowing what would happen and not really expecting anything, it was but a simple family vacation, one they anticipated for so long; her siblings and she were more than excited for the trip. She could clearly remember how she and her siblings almost jumped out of the boat in excitement, and how their parents laughed at them as they did so. She stepped into the island then, not knowing that it would become the most important place in her life. As per tradition, Meg remembers, she knelt and kissed the sand, it was done so she could, as they said, come back one more time.

And now, she IS back.

For Meg, this was like a dream, one she fervently hoped for. She clearly imagine this moment in her head for so long, only she was sure…He was supposedly standing right next to her.

But he isn’t.

Despite the lump forming in , Meg smiles and walks towards the seashore, slowly gliding and enjoying the feel of the water in her feet. She picks up her backpack and handbag, and then breathes in as much air as her lungs could hold.

Ah…it feels like a dream…only she’s living it now.

Meg closes her eyes for a moment and listens. She could hear children running, teenagers laughing in the distance, the wind’s whispers, the splash of water to the shore, and…

His voice…

…calling out her name…

His laughter…

…joining hers as one…

And in her mind, she could clearly see his face…ERIC. His handsome features wrinkled as he laughed and chased her. She could clearly remember how beautiful he smiles, and how beautiful his laughter is to the ears…like a song…

A small, solitary tear falls on Meg’s cheeks. It’s hotness more piercing than that of the heat of the sun.

“I’m back.” Meg whispers, allowing more tears to fall.

Yes, she is indeed back.

To the place where it all begun…

…and the place where it all should end.

BORACAY.

~

She must’ve walked a bit too far off. The coconut trees are getting thicker and there are a few people in this part of the island already. Boatmen gathered at one part of the sea, talking and laughing together. Meg stops in her tracks and turns around while scratching her head. She seems a bit lost.

“Okay Meg, you are getting bad at directions these days.” Meg said trying hard not to laugh at her mistake. She looks around and then chooses to go back on her tracks, happy to see that there are actually a lot of people coming her way. She could not be that too far off after all.

The sun wasn’t that piercing anymore, as more and more coconut trees shielded her from it; Meg smiles as she looks up at them, the cloudy skies almost hidden due to the thickness of the leaves.

As several children passes Meg running towards the sea, Meg smiles. She decides to follow them and sit on one of the benches near the shore. Meg clearly remembers how the benches didn’t exist before; it was the reason why she sat on the sand while she watched her family playing in the first place. The kids run towards the waters squealing, Meg laughs and fixes her cap as she sits on one of the benches, loving the feel of the wind, the white sands clashing on her slippers and the lingering smell of the salty waters.

She is in paradise.

She stayed there for a moment watching the children splash water between them and then deciding to chase each other. It is all too clear for Meg at that moment, she could see her parents and her siblings by the seashore, playing volleyball and then waving at her to join them. She refuses ofcourse, she hated the sun before; it was then all of a sudden a ball hits her head.

She looks up and sees him for the very first time.

He wasn’t as handsome as he is now, but there was something in that face she could never forget. That childish grin, that sparkling eyes…that beautiful welcoming look he has. He never lost it; he still has it. It must’ve been the reason why Meg loves looking at him all the time. She feels refreshed despite the mustache; despite the rugged look he sports in his photoshoots, and sometimes, even his sad expressions.

Meg stands up and walks by the seashore, still being shielded by the coconut trees. She smiles at the people she passes by, some of them having their backs massaged, more children playing, teenagers running around, and some people who preferred to just sit underneath the coconut trees, snuggling close to each other. Meg sighs looking at them being sweet like that.

Didn’t she imagine this too?

She’s supposedly lying on the hammock, sleeping in his arms…

Meg turns away from the couples and spots a restaurant as she did so. It brought a smile on her face; she then shakes her head afterwards. As if on cue, she hears his voice speaking to her in that hurried manner of his…

“Oh yeah. Eric. My name’s Eric.”

He had that silly grin on his face then as he turned to her and waved enthusiastically. Mrs. Mun was there then, Meg thinks. Meg however couldn’t remember what she looks like then, but she was sure she was the one who called Eric away. Oh well. Maybe she didn’t like Meg then? Probably.

Meg walks towards the restaurant and notices that they’re now serving shakes and food you can carry around; pika-pika, that’s what Meg calls them. She bought one mango shake and then walks towards the seashore again. This time, trying hard for her thoughts not to turn to Eric again, she feels rather sad remembering he’s in Korea and she’s too far away from him…again. For the second time in this lifetime.

A few minutes later she feels tired and sits on one of the hammocks. She gets lucky this time around, there’s a few free ones in the area; she passed this place a while back and saw to her disappointment that all of the hammocks looks as if they were sold out or something. Meg lies on the hammock and closes her eyes. She could hear people playing just across from her (she judges it from where the laughter were coming from), she opens her eyes a bit and sees a couple of teenagers playing volleyball together.

She closes her eyes tight, trying to block all thought; but her mind betrays her.

She could see him walking towards her, a ball in his hands. He asked her to play volleyball then, and despite telling him she didn’t want to, he wins in the end. It was one of the things Meg loves about him; he has his own way of convincing her and defying all her reasons.

She could hear him laughing in her ears.

The sound of his voice, deep and masculine in every way; this was the main reason he’s a brilliant rapper, Meg thinks.

And finally, she could see him smiling towards her, that very same smile that girls everywhere swoon at. She was lucky enough to have been one of the people who received that personally…She remembers how Eric loves to smile a lot when they were together…even though his heart was already breaking…

Meg’s eyes snap open at this, she could feel her eyes watering already. Why does she kill herself so? She sits on the hammock and tries to clear her thoughts again, this time shaking her head. Unfortunately, her cap flies as she did so, it fell on the sand with a soft thud. Meg looks at it and bites her lower lip.

LIKE SUNSHINE.

The cap lay there motionless, and yet Meg felt like she was moved from where she is and back into Korea’s D&G store, Eric was putting this very same thing on her head, trying to see if it fitted her head…and then buying it in the end.

For his one and only sunshine girl.

Meg picks it up and decides to go back to her hotel and change into her swimsuit. She needs a bit of a swim she thinks; maybe the water would wash away the memories for a while, its just too painful to remember them all right now. Although Meg expects this, she just wants to have a bit of peace right now. She stands up from the hammock and walks a bit further north; she passes by a lot of couples cuddled together yet again.

Damn. Is today February 14th? Meg thought to herself while she changes into her bathing suit. She walks towards the shore and then swims for a while. But even the cold water makes her remember Eric. She shakes her head and wipes water away from her eyes and looks at the shore and for some reason, she couldn’t see the people playing volleyball, or the couples huddled together, or the children splashing waters. All she could see is she and Eric lying on the sands their hands entwined, their eyes closed and head facing the skies.

“That is my heart.”

She felt fresh hot tears sliding down her already wet cheeks. It was a great thing that she’s wet from the swim or else she would’ve looked a bit weird crying like that.

Meg smiles despite the constricting feeling in her heart as she mutters to herself, “And this is mine. Yours forever.”

And still is.

Meg turns toward the waters again hoping to lessen the pain, but as she took one lurch at the sea, she heard him in her ears…

“Together Forever.”

The salty waters didn’t blind Meg’s vision as she swam further…

…it was her tears.

~

It took a while for Meg to get off the water, she took a whole hour swimming around, trying hard to think less and less of Eric. She’s going to drown not because of the deepness of the waters, but because of the memories suddenly flooding her on her first day back in Boracay.

The afternoon sun is now glaring at her, and Meg’s back feels a bit burnt now that she notices it; there’s a bit of stingy feel to it now. She decides to lie on another hammock, now nearer the hotel she stays in, as she puts in a long shirt to hide her two-piece bathing suit. She was just sitting down when she notices something written on the coconut tree her chosen hammock is tied to. Meg groans as she reads.

Meg and Eric were here, 051798.

She wants to curse at the sea, the people passing her by, the hammock, the coconut tree…Eric!

Damn destiny.

She looks at it for a while and then groans yet again as she notices that Eric actually drew a heart to enclose these words in the middle. It is less seen than the inscription, and Meg shakes her head trying hard not to laugh remembering how Eric cursed the damn tree for making his life difficult as he tried to draw an equal looking heart. It was evident now that he failed miserably. It looks like a distorted heart, she was only glad that it still looks whole. Unbroken, unlike what she is feeling that very moment…

Meg sighs and lies on the hammock, now not even trying to block Eric from her thoughts. It seems that destiny wants her to keep her promise to Eric, to keep remembering all their moments together. She breathes in and out heavily as she tries to remember that last night they spent together.

She told her mom and dad then that she’s going to buy something from a nearby restaurant, Meg couldn’t remember what it was though, as she never really went to the restaurant she says. She hurriedly ran to this place, Eric was waiting then. They sat by the hammocks and enjoyed the evening sky. They recollected their first meeting and the first night they spent together looking at the stars. It was when Eric told her she was his sunshine girl. A bit later Eric produced a sharp object, Meg couldn’t remember where he got it exactly, but she could remember him saying that he’s going to make a mark in the island.

“What mark?” Meg said looking at Eric trying hard not to laugh, as Eric positions himself beside the tree and then gripping what looked like a sharp shard of glass in his hands.

Eric grinned at her, “I’m going to make a mark like this.” Eric said as he started pushing the glass on the tree’s body and then forming some sort of a word on it.

Meg watched him for a while and then laughs when she sees what he wrote.

Meg and Eric were here, 051798.

“See? Brilliant isn’t it?” Eric said as he looked at his finished work.

Meg laughs and nods, “I love it!”

A few minutes later, Eric declares that he’s not satisfied with it and draws a faint heart surrounding it. This reminded Meg of the movies she’s watched in the cinemas and at home. She voiced this out to Eric.

“This feels like the movies.” Meg said looking at Eric as he tries to make the heart a bit more sharp, but he failed at this.

Eric looked at her and smiled, despite the confused expression in his face, “What movies?”

Meg smiled back, “I’ve watched a few where the leading man makes those stuff on the trees, it’s quite cute. I really love it.”

Eric laughed at this, “Does feel like it doesn’t it? But this one’s all original.” Eric said sitting beside her.

Meg looked at him confused, “What original? I told you I saw this in the movies already!”

“Well they didn’t mean it there do they? I mean it here.” Eric said seriously as he laid on the hammock and looked up in the starry skies.

“Mean what?” Meg said as she looks at Eric’s beautiful face, the moon reflected in his eyes.

Eric looked at her and smiled, “That I love you.”

Meg couldn’t connect all of this but somehow she understood him. She smiled and laid on the hammock beside him, she looked at the moon and then at Eric’s handsome features, “I love you too.”

Eric looked at her and kisses her forehead. It felt like heaven for Meg. The world seemed to stop fro revolving; the clock pressed stop. Surely she can’t be that special? How can she have felt something so beautiful like this? It never occurred to her that something as wonderful as this existed…but it does, and she is so blessed to have been showered this kind of attention, this kind of feeling…this brilliant boy beside her.

That night she asked herself what love is, she heard of it from so many different people, her mom, her dad, her friends and all those stuff she saw written on autographs or slumbooks she saw in school. But she couldn’t connect them to what she was feeling that very moment. Right there and then, the young Meg defined her own meaning of love.

Something that is pure and real.

Something that she could hold and keep.

Something that is beautiful and brilliant.

Eric.

Eric is love.

For so many years, Meg believed this to be true. And it has never been proven otherwise. She still views love like this. Eric proves this to be true all the time, even when they’re this far apart from each other.

Eric will remain to be love…for all eternity.

For this Meg is sure.

Even if she marries another boy, her definition of love is of the first one she ever felt, because that is what taught her so much. Because that is the real thing, and that is what she has chosen to keep.

The waves splash by in the distance, the wind breeze by her face as Meg travels backward into the past and lets everything wash over her. It felt good for Meg, rather than trying to forget them. She feels like this defines her visit anyway. Didn’t she come here to end it once and for all? This obviously comes with it. Remembering everything for the last time and then keeping them locked in her memories, only to be taken out again if she really needs them badly.

Meg sighs.

Why did they have to separate anyway? Why is destiny, even so brilliant, somehow against them? What was the point of getting them together anyway, if they’re going to be far apart in the end?

“Mom I love her!”

She could hear his defiant scream as he declared to his parents, and hers, his real feelings for her. It was one thing to hear him say it to you, and another for him to scream it to the world.

Meg felt hot tears burning her cheeks as she remembers how she fought her parents to understand her at that time, being locked away from the very person she wanted to be with and then seeing him embark on a boat away from the island…away from her. She tried chasing him then, calling his name, but he was just so far away, and her dad gripped her hands too tight, stopping her from running towards him.

Her world wasn’t right again after that.

Love was lost forever.

Or so she thinks.

Love was brought back to her, like life she wanted to have for so long. Seeing him again for the first time after they separated, right there, close and easy to reach…it was bliss. Although there were disappointments, Meg couldn’t put him at fault for it. She knows his real feelings…and it makes her sad even more knowing that he couldn’t fight for it…

In her mind Meg could see herself on the road trying to get away from Eric, and then turning around, running into his waiting arms and being kissed by him.

It was her first.

They say there is magic in the first kiss.

Again, Eric proved this to be true.

She felt like sparks flew in the skies as their lips met, like the heavens opened up for both of them, like the world was suddenly right…even though it was wrong…

Her tears were falling then, and so was his…but despite that, the magic was there.

Maybe it was because Eric could kiss brilliantly due to the many women he kissed on screen, he must’ve had a lot of practice. But for Meg, it didn’t really felt that way. It seemed as if it was the first for Eric too.

His lips met hers in a deep burning kiss. It felt as if their souls met and became one. Like at that very moment, they couldn’t be pulled apart…how weird was it to see herself breaking free of the kiss and then running far away from him…

A gush of cold air passed by Meg’s skin; Meg opens her eyes and stands up, she shakes her head trying to clear it, and then wipes the tears from her face. Several people looked at her, but she couldn’t care less. She walks towards her hotel and proceeds to change her clothes.

It took her a while to choose, and after deciding on a yellow Sunday dress, she walks out of the hotel and into the shore again. Her feet felt a bit sore now, but she’s not going to waste the day by sulking in her hotel room and lying on her bed. This day needs to be spent wonderfully.

It is after all, May 17th.

Meg looks at her watch; it is 5 in the afternoon. The sun was still shining brightly, the wind however, felt a bit colder. Meg smiles at this and takes it as a sign to go on. She stops infront of the popular yacht in Boracay. Its sails are of different colors, and it was near the grotto, most foreigners go there to take pictures. The Mary is situated there, in a big rock; it seems floating in the distance. Really brilliant view too, the sun sets beautifully in this side.

Meg stayed there for a while waiting for the sun to set, and preparing her camera in hand. Out of nowhere, she notices people leaving that side of the island, when infact the bars and happening places where just right behind her. Meg looks around, a very confuse expression crossing her features. She would’ve left the place too, scared there must be a bomb threat or something (although that is almost unlikely to happen really), if only the skies didn’t suddenly darken out of nowhere. Surely it isn’t evening already?

She looks up and sees in her astonishment, the sun and the moon coming together.

AN ECLIPSE.

Meg racks her brains trying to remember if she heard this on the news. Then again she didn’t have the time to watch TV at all, even in Korea. She’s too busy trying hard to fight off the pain in her heart that she didn’t even know that something as spectacular like this is going to happen!

She looks at it for a while and then sighs.

What irony.

The SUN and MOON coming together.

When she’s right there all alone.

She stands there for a few moments when out of nowhere, a ball hits her head.

Meg closes her eyes and tries not to scream in frustration. How can this day be so weird and insane?! Meg looks at the ball rolling near the water.

It is a volleyball ball.

She curses in her head.

She slowly turns around ready to shout at whoever decided to play ball with her while her back was turned. Surely volleyball is played using the wrist, not the wrist and the HEAD right?

The moment she turns around, blinding white light welcomes her sight.

Now what?! Meg thought to herself furiously.

“What’s going on?” Meg said a bit indignantly; she’s not in the mood to play games right now really, what more with theatrics?

Slowly somebody walks towards her, striding a bit too slow that he would.

Meg’s heart starts palpitating the moment she sees his face.

This can’t be true.

Is it?

*

Eric walks towards the hospital, his heart heavy from the encounter with Meg. It felt like he should be confined as well, there’s just no way this could be lessened. The pain he feels in his heart felt like the hardest pain he’d ever encountered in his life. He took a turn towards his mother’s corridor and then walked towards his mother’s room.

It’s now or never Eric.

He sighed and entered.

His mom was sitting on her bed, pillow propped on it for her to lean on. She was looking outside the window, her face unfathomable, like it usually is, and there was something in her stance that made Eric feel like there’s something different.

“Mom?” Eric said tentatively.

Mrs. Mun turned toward him, her face still indescribable, she waited for him to speak as if she knew what he would say…that right then he would ask questions.

“I know you won’t like what you’re going to hear, and I know this must hurt you a lot.” Eric started, his voice quivered as he tried to get more strength from himself, “Mom, I really need my freedom. I just want to love freely. I know I defy you a lot, I know that you only want what is best for me, and you know, Shi Yeon is really a brilliant choice, but…but…I just couldn’t love her back as I do with Meg…” A lump formed on Eric’s throat, he fought it, he must say this now…“You know Mom, I really do love you with all my heart, and most of the time I do what you want. I try to make you happy all the time. I know there are a lot of disappointments, but mom…I just…I just want this one thing for myself…” Eric said looking straight at Mrs. Mun, his eyes seeking understanding.

Mrs. Mun looked at him, her face still registering the same unfathomable reaction. Eric hated her for this. Why wouldn’t she react at least?

Eric cleared his throat, “Mom, being with Meg doesn’t mean that I’m leaving you see? I’m still here. I will always be here for you, like I always do. I just…” Eric stops, he sees Meg in his mind, she was laughing, “I just want to be with her…God, I just want to be able to freely love her!” He raises his hands in the air as if praising, and then lets it fall in his sides, his face registering pain, “ It’s so hard for both of us, and it pains me that even if I love her so much, I can’t be with her, nor express it as freely as I want to. She waits and waits and waits…” Meg’s crying face forms in Eric’s mind, a tear falls from his cheeks at this, “I should’ve went for her you know…I…God it’s really hard Mom. Why do I have to choose?” Eric said looking down and letting more tears fall from his eyes.

Mrs. Mun clears , “Who is making you choose Eric?” Her voice came in as a whisper, but Eric was so sure he could hear emotion from her voice.

Eric looks up, “Mom?” he said as more tears spilled from his confused eyes.

Mrs. Mun smiles, “Who is making you choose?” There was sorrow in her voice, much unlike the usual one she uses towards him.

Eric’s face registers realization. Could it be?

“I have made myself to believe that I and I alone could control your life.” Mrs. Mun’s voice started to quiver, her eyes almost watery, “I have always thought that I know, and I only know what is best for you. It turns out I made a grave mistake in believing this. I want you to know that I’ve always believed in you, but was only scared to see you astray…” Tears leaked from her eyes, “I know I have been so hard all these years, and despite that, you still loved me like you always do…Eric can you forgive me?” Mrs. Mun’s face registered regret, and more of Eric’s tears fell because of this.

“Forgive you? Mom…I never really…Mom I’ve always understood you…there’s nothing to ask for forgiveness for…” Eric said as he walked towards his mom and held her hand.

Mrs. Mun squeezed it tight, “I know…and now…I’m setting you free.” Her voice was light and promising…

Eric looked into her eyes unable to believe it.

“I love you so much Eric, but I guess it is true, when you do love someone…set them free…because I know my dearest son, you will eventually come back to me.” Mrs. Mun smiled, her eyes showing warmth, “And if you must bring her home, then do.” She said squeezing Eric’s hands tight.

“Mom?” Eric said, still unable to believe it.

Mrs. Mun laughed despite the tears, “What are you waiting for dear? Fly!”

It was only then that Eric fully understood everything. He smiled and stood from where he was sitting, kissed his mom’s forehead and hugged her tight, “I love you mom.”

Then without a single thought, he ran.

*

“Hello? Yes, please—wait I’ll call you back.”

Eric stops in his tracks as he looked straight to the girl whom he was supposed to marry. She really had that grace, even while walking, one that was fit to Korea’s number one girl.

Park Shi Yeon.

She smiled up at him with tear-drenched face. Did she already know? He was just about to go to her place…

“Hey Eric.” Shi Yeon started when she was already right infront of him.

Eric tried to smile; guilt was rushing through his mind, “Hey.”

Shi Yeon smiled, she sensed his nervousness, “You don’t have to feel guilty.”

Eric’s eyes registered amazement, “What? You already know?”

Shi Yeon nodded, “Yeah. I saw you and Meg you know… at the park, crying together. I’ve never seen you like that all my life.”

Eric looked at her, and for the second time since yesterday, he felt he couldn’t fully comprehend what people are telling him.

“Will you choose to let go Eric?” Shi Yeon said her voice quivering, “Will you choose to see her go?”

Eric’s misunderstands this, “Does it matter to you?” He said his voice a bit aggressive.

Shi Yeon doesn’t appear to be hurt by this, she smiled even more widely, “It does.” A tear falls from her eyes, “Cause I love you that much see, and it pains me to see you hurt, like you were when I saw you with Meg…” She sighs, tears after tears fell on her cheeks, as if chasing each other, “So…I’m letting you go Eric…I’m setting you free.” Tears were falling from her eyes, but she was still smiling. Eric thought she looked beautiful like that. As if something was radiating for her…

“What?” Eric said unable to believe what he was hearing, again for the second time since yesterday. Surely this was all too good?

Shi Yeon walked forward and hugged him, “I will always love you Eric Mun. Maybe not like how she did, but I will keep on loving you. Not forever ofcourse, I’d better move on after, I think you’d want to see me happy right?” She hugged him tighter, as if afraid to let go.

Eric encircles his arms and hugged her back, “Be happy, you deserve to be. And thank you for everything Shi Yeon.”

They break away from the hug and smile at each other. Shi Yeon’s eyes leak with more tears because of this. For the first time in her life, Eric smiles at her as sincerely as he did with Meg. She felt blessed. She did the right thing afterall.

“What are you waiting for?” Shi Yeon said wiping her tears and grinning, “Fly!”

Eric laughs and shakes his head, and then for the first time in his life, leaning in to kiss Shi Yeon’s cheeks, not out of responsibility, but out of appreciation.

The moon was already shining in the velvety heavens, Eric looked up at it and grins. It was time to go.

Shi Yeon smiled at him widely and nodded.

And yet again, for the second time in his life, he ran.

*

The airport was packed with so many people that night, that he was scared he won’t be able to catch her. He ran everywhere, looking everywhere…and then he spots Angel and Andy walking towards him.

“Eric!” Angel mutters and then running towards him, “What are you? Oh God, you missed her! She just entered!” Angel said looking at his relieved expression with so much apprehension.

“Hyung!” Andy said approaching him as well, “What took you so long?”

Eric smiled at them both and raised his hands.

Angel and Andy squealed at the sight of it.

Fly Eric, Fly.

~

“You never learn do you Meg?” The man said as he walked towards her with such grace, she expected this from a skilled dancer like him…

A single tear falls on Meg’s cheeks, sliding down…hot…damn…wonderful…

“Next time, wear a helmet, or at least, dodge!” He said a smile playing on his lips now.

Meg smiles, “Maybe I should get trained for that? I feel like my senses are a bit numb right now…”

He chuckles at this.

“What took you so long Eric?” Meg said, her lips quivering as more tears ran down her cheeks, her eyes felt so puffy now.

Eric smiles and walks towards her, “I had a hard time buying this.” He said as he produces a small box from his pocket and then he reaches out for her hands.

Meg’s heart palpitates, could it be?

“Open up.” Eric said as he motions for her to open her hands, Meg follows. Eric smiles wider as he places the box in Meg’s hands, which now Meg notices is colored light yellow with a dark yellow ribbon on it, and then asks her to open it.

Meg does as she was told, slowly she thugs the ribbon’s ends and opens the box.

Inside it is Eric’s seashell.

Meg looks up at him, “What is this about?” She felt a bit of disappointment looking at the shell, it was as if Eric was returning it to her…and yet he said he had a hard time buying it…

Meg lifts the seashell.

Underneath it was a silver diamond ring…

Out of nowhere, Sun and Moon plays…

You are sunlight and I moon
Joined by the gods of fortune
Midnight and high noon
Sharing the sky
We have been blessed, you and I

Eric grins and then kneels.

Meg gasps.

“Will you be my sunshine girl forever?” Eric said holding Meg’s hands as the blinding white light subsides and several people appeared, looking at them smiling widely.

Meg saw Angel and Andy’s face in the crowd…

You are here like a mystery
I'm from a world that's so different
From all that you are
How in the light of one night
Did we come so far?

Eric looks at them all and then back at Meg, his face almost disappointed by her lack of reaction, “Meg?”

Meg turns toward Eric and then smiles as she too kneels infront of him, “The moon cannot shine without the sun can it?” She said her voice teasing.

Eric shakes his head.

Outside day starts to dawn
Your moon still floats on high
The birds awake
The stars shine too

Meg gives Eric the ring, he smiles and places it on her finger, “So?” He said his voice a bit impatient.

Meg laughs at this, “Hold your horses! I’m thinking!” Meg said biting her lower lip trying hard not to squeal. The ring shone on her finger like brilliant light.

My hands still shake
I reach for you
And we meet in the sky!

Eric groans, “What? Waiting again? Haven’t we had enough of waiting?”

The crowd laughs, Angel and Andy sniggers.

Meg laughs and then looks at him seriously, “I waited all my life for this Eric Mun. I’ll be a fool to say no.”

You are sunlight and I moon
Joined here
Bright'ning the sky
With the flame
Of love

Eric’s eyes leak with tears, his heart is going to burst.

“It’s a yes Eric Mun.” Meg said spreading her arms wide.

But Eric kisses her instead.

Made of
Sunlight
Moonlight

AN ECLIPSE.

The sun and moon met yet again…

Angel and Andy squeals and hugs each other tight.

Finally.

Sun and Moon, together at last.

~

A crowed in the distance, the sun is slowing raising in the horizon, beautiful; welcoming the new brilliant day…

Eric stirs and turns his head toward his arms.

He smiles wide.

On it is the woman he had loved all these years, the one girl he knew he was destined to be with forever…

His real sun…

Like the waters in shore, he felt a memory wash over him…

He was sitting on the boat 7 years back, and he was gazing at the boat beside theirs, as slowly people were disembarking. He smiled at the prospect of swimming in the clear waters already. He jumped in the water with his cousins and sighed at the feel of it in their feet.

It was then when he turned and saw her…for the very first time.

She was disembarking from the other boat, her face alight with so much happiness, as together with her siblings, she jumped into the clear waters… She turned to him and smiled…as if seeing him there, but not really…

Eric muttered the very first thought that crossed his mind that very moment, “Sunshine.”

Eric laughs at the memory as she hugs Meg tighter, her head now resting on his chest…she continuously sleeps, a smile lingering on her lips…

Eric kisses her forehead, his heart bursting with so much happiness, finally…finally he had her in his arms…not for a week, but forever…

“My sunshine girl.”

The sun slowly rises, and then setting on the horizon, the shore sounded of the waves from the sea, the trees swayed as if dancing in its own music, the wind breezes, it felt cold in the skin and yet all Eric could feel was warmth.

One that is radiating in his and her heart.

Sun and Moon.

Heavenly beings.

Finally, Together Forever.