Part 4

Someday

Right now I know you can tell
I’m down and I’m not doing well
But one day these tears they will all run dry
I won’t have to cry, sweet goodbye

 

“Man, I seriously love your song.” Eru said when Hyesung got back to his seat.

Hyesung smiled, “I’m glad.”

“Your girlfriend must be really proud of you.” Eru said, patting his back.

Hyesung nodded, “Yeah…”

“Oh crap, I’m next!” Eru said, standing up, “I’ll see you later.”

Hyesung smiled and waved.

He looked at the name beside him.

RHANIE PARK.

The seat was still empty.

He sighed.

~

“Calling the passengers of Japan Airlines JL 950 flight to Japan, please proceed to gate three. This is your final call for boarding”

Rhanie sighed and looked up. It wasn't her flight yet.

Where was she going anyway?

She didn’t know exactly.

She just picked a place from her map and randomly pointed.

It said Singapore.

So now she’s going to Singapore.

And then after that, she’d let fate lead the way.

~

Beep.

Hey you . Are you still at the awards?! Rhanie’s at the airport right now going to Singapore! If you don’t move your from your seat right now I will go to the awards show and go berserk!

Hyesung stared at the message he received. It was from Rhanie’s cousin, Angel.

She’s going where?!

Beep.

To bloody freakin’ Singapore! You freak you do something!

Hyesung felt numb.

Why? Why should I do something? She obviously doesn’t love me anymore.

Beep.

Don’t give me that drama you , you’ve got the nerve to ask me that question! You should do something because if you don’t I’m going to shoot you!

Hyesung sighed.

I won’t do anything. It’s not like I’m important to her anyway.

Beep.

Damn you. Have you checked the letter beside your freakin’ plate you ?!

Hyesung started at the message.

What letter?

He rummaged under the plates and saw, underneath Rhanie’s plate was indeed, a letter.

He opened it and cried when he saw the first word written on it.

 

Hey bunny,

I know youre probably sad that Im not there with you right now. Im really sorry. I wish I could see you sing and perform that song we composed together. I miss you so much, Im really stupid for making you feel bad.

I know I said its over but, if you ever ever ever love me still, please please please show at home later, Ill be waiting for you alright? I hope this reaches you on time, I know youre early and you dont want to be late so yeah, I hope this makes it just fine.

I love you Hyesung.

I really do.

I guess I finally realized that I can never live without you really.

I hope I get to see you again.

Yours forever,

Rhanie.

 

He felt tears fall down his cheeks.

“.” Hyesung muttered, pocketing the letter.

He stood up.

“Where are you going?” Sung Si Kyung asked as he passed his table.

“I’m going home.” Hyesung said, determined.

“Are you insane? The awarding is in a few minutes! You can go home later!” Sung Si Kyung said, holding his wrist.

Hyesung squirmed out of his hold.

“The Bunny’s going to find his home.” Hyesung said with finality.

Half the people from Sung Si Kyung’s table looked at him weirdly.

“Bunny?” Sung Si Kyung asked, looking at him confused.

Hyesung sighed, “I have no time for this.” He said as he dashed out of the venue.

The Bunny’s finding his home.

~

Rhanie took out her I-Pod and placed the head phones on her ears.

She pressed random and waited for a song to play.

A soft melody played, and the moment it started, she felt fresh hot tears falling down her cheeks, yet again.

When you love someone so deeply
They become your life
It's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside
Blindly I imagined I could
Keep you under glass
Now I understand to hold you
I must open up my hands
And watch you rise

She closed her eyes and saw him in her mind’s eye. He was smiling at her, holding out a bouquet of roses. It was their anniversary. He has never forgotten them.

She saw him running to her looking happier than she saw him in years. He had gotten a singing contract! His dreams were finally coming true.

He was looking at her with love in his eyes. He lowered his head. They kissed. It was their first kiss.

He was singing on stage for the first time. He waved at her and threw her flying kisses. Half the people in the venue looked at her and a few women giggled.

“I love you.” He whispered for the first time. She cried then. She was the luckiest woman on the planet. She finally heard him say it.

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

“I told you you’ll bag it!” Rhanie said, hugging Hyesung as he ran to her from the stage.

He looked so happy, “Rhanie…I..I love you!” It was all he could say.

He hugged her tightly. Half the people at the venue cried, “Aww…”

Both of them laughed.

“I couldn’t have done this without you Hun.” Hyesung said when they were finally alone, walking while they held hands, making their way to her apartment building.

Rhanie smiled, “You deserve it Bunny, you did everything. I’m so proud of you.”

Hyesung suddenly hugged her, “I really love you Rhanie. I don’t know what I'd do without you.”

Rhanie hugged him back just as tightly, “You won’t be without me ever Bunny. I’ll be here forever. I promise.”

Hyesung broke away from the hug, “Just as I will be too.”

I have learned that beauty
Has to flourish in the light
Wild horses run unbridled
Or their spirit dies
You have given me the courage
To be all that I can
And I truly feel your heart will
Lead you back to me when you're
Ready to land

“What should I call you?” Hyesung asked the first time they went out together as a couple.

“I dunno. Should we call each other anything?” Rhanie asked, looking embarrassed.

Hyesung thought for a while, “I wanna call you Honey cause you’re so sweet.”

Rhanie chuckled, her cheeks burning, “And I’ll call you Bunny cause you remind me of one.”

Hyesung laughed hard at this, “So we’re HunnyBunny then? Hunny like H-U-N-N-Y, so that it sounds and spells like bunny.”

Rhanie almost rolled on the floor laughing.

“You’re a dork, you know that?” She said cupping his face in her hands.

He smiled and kissed her cheeks, “You’re so cute, did you know that?’

Both of them laughed.

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

Rhanie sang the song with all her heart.

He always said she has the voice to sing anything.

He always believed in her.

He always always said he loved her.

But why didn’t he come?

I can't pretend these tears
Aren't over flowing steadily
I can't prevent this hurt from
Almost overtaking me
But I will stand and say goodbye
For you'll never be mine
Until you know the way
it feels to fly

“Rhanie I’m sorry.” Hyesung said, looking at her sadly.

Rhanie smiled, “It’s okay Bunny.”

Hyesung looked at her and cried all of a sudden.

“You always understand me, I… I really don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Rhanie smiled, “I love you so much, you won’t lose me. So stop crying.”

Hyesung smiled despite the tears, “Rhanie, I’m the luckiest man alive the day I met you. And I can’t believe you’re really mine. I promise you that I will not do anything as stupid as making you wait again. I promise I will be there always, on time from now on.” He said holding her hands and squeezing them.

“It’s really okay, don’t think about it.” Rhanie said squeezing his hands back.

He smiled at her and hugged her tightly.

“I love you. I will not tire of saying this.” He said, grinning widely.

I love you.

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me
We truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

“BUTTERFLY”

Rhanie opened her eyes.

Hyesung was standing right in front of her.

“Not Bunny anymore?” He asked, his tears falling.

She just stared at him.

He took out the letter from his pocket. “I just received this.”

She bit her lower lip.

She cried some more.

So that’s why he didn’t come.

“Rhanie I’m so sorry.” Hyesung started, “I’m sorry I caused you so much pain, I’m sorry I’m an , I’m sorry I have no time for you.” He said as he started to kneel.

Rhanie just looked at him and cried.

“I’m sorry that I accused you of blaming me. I’m sorry that I made you wait. I’m sorry that I didn’t love you enough like I said I would. I’m sorry I got lost…” Hyesung said as he placed Rhanie’s hands on his face. He lowered his head and kissed them.

Rhanie looked at him, she couldn’t believe he was even there.

She must dreaming.

“Hunny I’m so sorry. I’m really so sorry. I don’t know what to say anymore. I’ve never been sad my whole life. I think…” Hyesung said, looking up at Rhanie, “I lost the right to be happy when I lost you.” He sobbed, “So please come back to me? Please? I will die without you Rhanie. I love you so much, I felt so empty when you left. Please don’t leave me. I need you, I love you, You’re my everything…Rhanie please don’t go.” Hyesung said everything in a rush, his words were almost incomprehensible. He was almost blabbering now.

But Rhanie understood him.

She smiled.

“I won’t leave you Bunny.”

He looked up.

“I’m glad you found your way home.”

Hyesung jumped up to his feet and hugged her tightly.

For a few moments they just stayed hugging and crying.

He couldn’t believe that she was right there in his arms.

She couldn’t believe that he was right there hugging her.

So is this what fate was trying to tell her?

“I love you Hyesung. I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving you.” Rhanie said, looking up at him.

He smiled, “I don’t think I’ll ever think of ever stopping from loving you.”

Both of them laughed.

And then…

They kissed.

“And the winner for this year’s daesang….”

Deep, warm and passionate.

“SHIN HYESUNG!”

Both of them broke away from the kiss and looked up to the TV screens.

Then they laughed.

“Where is SHIN HYESUNG?”

Rhanie looked at him seriously, “Aren’t you going back?”

Hyesung looked at the television, and back at Rhanie, “And what? Lose you? Never.”

Rhanie laughed and whacked him on the shoulder, “You won’t lose me, ever. With or without time. I will be sticking to you like glue from now on.”

Hyesung laughed, “So we’re going back?”

Rhanie nodded, “Yes. Let’s get that award Bunny!”

He reached out for her hand.

She took it.

“HunnyBunny forever.” Hyesung whispered as they walked towards the airport gates.

Rhanie laughed out loud.

Forever.