Final

Of late night hugs and early morning kisses

In which Chanyeol loves Baekhyun.

Baekhyun doesn't believe him.

Chanyeol makes a deal.

Baekhyun accepts. 


 

Chanyeol hops from one foot to another as he waits for his best friend to come out of his classroom. The tall male had a sickness...a very very serious one. It was called, unrequited love.

It killed Chanyeol from the inside out just thinking about the possibility that his best friend may never ever like him back.

It was killing him! Honest.

Chanyeol was pulled out of his thoughts by a gentle poke to his cheek. He blinked and grinned widely when he saw Baekhyun smiling brightly in front of him.

The small blonde haired boy resembled a cute little puppy, with his smile and cute button nose. Chanyeol just wanted to pinch his cheeks and hug him and protect him from all things evil and ki-

"Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts and blinked, very confused, at Baekhyun, "What has gotten into you?" The smaller boy chided as he looped in arm through Chanyeol's.

He started walking, dragging the taller boy along with him.
Chanyeol just grinned goofily and let himself be yanked along.

"Okay so, I have this huge project due tomorrow and of course, I didn't do any of it." Baekhyun yammered on, checking his phone once in a while. Chanyeol just stared at the smaller male in amusement as he talked away.

Classes had just ended and they were heading home. Actually Chanyeol was supposed to go home and take his brother's dog on a walk, but he forgot all about that as he watched the short male talk about his day.

Like he's been doing since he was six, Chanyeol made himself home at Baekhyun's house. He waved politely at Mrs. Byun, who just pinched his ears lovingly and sent them up with a plate of fresh cookies.

Chanyeol grinned at the treat in hand, he loved Mrs. Byun's cookies. Baekhyun giggled at Chanyeol's silly expression and started to lean forward. Chanyeol's breath hitched as the blonde male got closer and closer.

His eyes were wide as Baekhyun took a bite of his cookie, which mind you, was still in his hand. Baekhyun grinned while cutely chewing and Chanyeol forgot how to breath.

After the whole cookie situation, the two really cracked down on Baekhyun's project. It was nearing two o'clock when Chanyeol started drifting off.

Baekhyun finally called it quits when Chanyeol nearly face planted onto the poster board.

"I think it's done Channie, maybe we should go to sleep."

Chanyeol nodded sleepily and shakily sat straight, letting Baekhyun clean everything up. He sat cris-crossed, dozing off only to snap back awake whenever he felt like he was falling backwards.

Baekhyun finally helped the sleepy male up and guided him to the bed. Chanyeol watched (you could practically see his heart eyes) as Baekhyun rummaged around in his closet, looking for some clothes Chanyeol had left behind.

Baekhyun hummed softly as he threw a pair of sweats at Chanyeol, "You can go shirtless, you always do anyway."

Chanyeol gulped but obeyed the smaller male. He tugged off his shirt and threw it on the floor. Baekhyun made a face and picked it up, dusting it off before folding it and placing it on Chanyeol's backpack.

"You're such a pig." Baekhyun complained as he slid under the covers. Chanyeol just grinned sheepishly before pulling the blonde haired male into his arms. Baekhyun hummed softly as he rested his head on Chanyeol's arm.

The two laid in the dark like that for a while, only their quiet breaths were heard. The words that came out of Chanyeol's mouth was so sudden, and Chanyeol didn't know if it was because he was extremely tired or that his secret love for Baekhyun was becoming unbearable.

"Baek."

"Yea."

"I love you."

Baekhyun sat up straight, his blonde hair flopped easily over his forehead. He was makeup free. Makeup free Baekhyun was Chanyeol's favorite Baekhyun.

"No you don't."

Chanyeol frowned, "You can't say that. I've know you since kindergarten and I know what I feel. I love your laughs, your smiles. I love how you frequently change your hair, I love the fact that you wear makeup, not caring what others think."

Baekhyun looked reluctant. Chanyeol leaned closer, "You don't have to give me an answer, just give me a chance?"

Baekhyun didn't answer.

Chanyeol sighed and threw the covers off of his body. He swung his feet off the bed and stood up. He was about to walk away when he felt someone grab his pant leg. Chanyeol turned to see Baekhyun holding onto his sweatpants. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he realized what he had just done.

Chanyeol smiled and removed Baekhyun's hand. He bent down and brought Baekhyun's soft hand up to his lips, "I'll leave and let you think okay? All I'm asking for is one week."

Silence.

"Baek, if I can make you fall for me in a week....can we be together?"

Baekhyun looked hesitant but nodded slowly.

Chanyeol placed and loving kiss on Baekhyun's fingers and dropped his hand. He stood up and walked away. He picked up his shirt and pulled it on. Chanyeol grabbed his backpack and swung it over his shoulder, well aware of Baekhyun watching him.

He stopped at the doorframe when he heard the blonde male call out for him, "Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol turned, "Yes Baek?"

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip, obviously nervous on what he wanted to tell Chanyeol, "W-What time will you pick me up tomorrow?"

Chanyeol grinned widely, "Hmmm, let's say seven? We'll go out for dinner and it'll give you some time to think."

Baekhyun nodded and slipped under the covers. Chanyeol smiled, "Goodnight Baek, I love you."

With that he left. 





 

Baekhyun was having a major crisis.

Like...

Super major.

Major enough for him to call his pink haired best friend.

"LUUHAAAN HELLPP MEEE." Baekhyun wailed into his rose pink iPhone. There was silence on the other side before Baekhyun heard a response.

"Uh, Lu just went to the bathroom?....do you want me to take a message?"

Baekhyun groaned when he heard the deep voice of Luhan's boyfriend, "Kris just send him over to my house. Say...code cotton candy."

There was prolonged silence again before Baekhyun heard a small sigh, "Okay."

And god bless that tall, silver haired Chinese-Canadian male because Luhan bursts through Baekhyun's front door (he forced Baekhyun to give him a spare key) with a huge bag full of makeup and clothes.

"What's happening?! Who's the guy?! Where are you going?!" Luhan demanded as he ped his bag. Baekhyun, who was sprawled out on the floor made a very loud, weird noise, "Chanyeol. He told me he loved me."

Luhan let out a loud squeal, clapping his hands excitingly, "Finally! That poor boy had been head over heels for you since forever."

Baekhyun scrunched his nose, "Really?"

Luhan smiled, "Yes really Baekkie baby. He loves you. I remember....he was in my math class in sixth grade," Luhan took out his eyeliner and uncapped it, "He wouldn't stop talking about you. By the way, did you buy that eyeliner that you've wanted? Mine dried out. Kris left it uncapped, that idiot."

Baekhyun silently passed Luhan his unopened eyeliner. Luhan whistled lowly, appreciating the high class eyeliner," So where's the first date?"

Baekhyun sat up, "See that's the thing. I didn't exactly say....yes?"

Luhan froze, "You what?"

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, "I said he can't possibly be in love with me and he said to give him a week."

"You what."

"And then I asked him at what time he was going to pick me up and he said seven."

"iT IS SIX RIGHT NOW GO SHOWER YOU STUPID IDIOT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO HIM!" Luhan yelled while throwing a towel at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pouted and opened his mouth to protest but was quickly shut down.

"Nuh-uh. Not a word. Go shower and think about what you have done."

So to avoid Luhan's wrath, Baekhyun went and showered obediently.

When Baekhyun came back, Luhan had laid out a metallic pink button up and skinny black jeans. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow as Luhan held up two sweaters.

"Baekkie baby, do you prefer turquoise or black?" Luhan chirped, motioning to the sweaters at hand. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a turquoise sweater hitting him in the face.

"Turquoise it is!" Luhan said while yanking the makeup bag towards him. Baekhyun at this point was as still as a doll, letting Luhan do whatever he wanted. 
After another half hour of being dolled up, the doorbell rang. Luhan shrieked loudly, nearly messing up Baekhyun's eyeliner.

"I got it boys!"

Luhan let out a sigh of relief when he heard Baekhyun's mom from downstairs, "Alright Baek, showtime."

Baekhyun nodded and got up, wiping his sweaty hands on his skinny jeans. He was unnaturally nervous.

Baekhyun was never the one to be nervous. He was outgoing and wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Public speaking came easily to him and preforming?...it was a breeze. But now, walking downstairs to where Chanyeol was waiting was nerve wracking.

With every step, Baekhyun's breath was getting faster. Unnecessary thoughts were popping into his head.

How long has he liked me?
How much does he love me?
Is he just doing this as a joke?

Am I even gay?

Baekhyun shook his head. That last question was ridiculous, he was as straight as a circle.

Baekhyun walked to the main door, where he could hear Chanyeol's deep voice conversing with his mom. He pulled his sweater sleeves over his fist as he peeked into the hall.

Chanyeol stopped mid word when he saw Baekhyun, his mouth slightly slack. In his hand was a huge bouquet of flowers. Baekhyun's mom was smirking as she motioned for Baekhyun.

"The curfew is 10:00 mister, you guys have school tomorrow!"

Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun, "I'll be sure to have him here at 9:59 Mrs. Byun."

Baekhyun's mom pinched Chanyeol's cheek and cooed, "Such a good boy you are. Okay Baekhyun, have fun on your date!"

And with that she shoved Baekhyun out the front door and ran upstairs, most probably to gossip with Luhan.

Baekhyun shivered in the chilly spring air, looking everywhere except at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol cleared his throat nervously and held out the bouquet, "I got you flowers."

Baekhyun grinned as he took the flowers in his hand. The bouquet had several different types of flowers. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol confused.

Chanyeol smiled, "Getting you one type of flowers is boring, then I learned that each flower has its own meaning but I got carried away."

He pointed at a bunch of bright red ones, "Those are amaryllis, they mean splendid beauty." Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's outfit, "You look gorgeous by the way. I got those flowers because whether you're all dressed up or in sweats, you're always a splendid beauty in my eyes."

Baekhyun blushed a radiant pink at the comment. 
Chanyeol wasn't done though, "Those white chrysanthemums mean loyal love, which my love for you is always loyal. The gardenias mean pureness and sweetness and you my little Baekkie are the purest and sweetest thing I've ever met and of course, roses. Fifty of them too. That means unconditional love."

Baekhyun at this point looked like he was going to explode. Chanyeol noticed his quietness and frowned, "Do you not like it? I knew it, I went overboard, I'm sorry Baekhy-"

Chanyeol was cut off by a pair of lips on his cheek. He froze, staring at the blushing Baekhyun who hid his face behind the flowers, "Thank you Chanyeol, I love it."

Chanyeol grinned widely, holding out his arm, "To dinner?"

Baekhyun nodded and gingerly took his arm, not sure what to feel about this skinship.

Together the two had dinner at Baekhyun's favorite restaurant which of course, Chanyeol kept in mind. After dinner, Chanyeol dropped off the flowers at Baekhyun's house and took latter out for a lovely moonlight stroll.

Baekhyun only smiled as they walked slowly through the park, glancing up at the moon which peeked through the tree branches. Baekhyun wasn't sure what the fluttering in his stomach was. They only got worse everytime Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun decided that he must have ate too much.



 

Luhan approached Baekhyun the next afternoon, skipping down the hallway, his boyfriend in tow. Baekhyun slammed his locker shut only to see Luhan's smiling face inches away from his. Baekhyun let out a surprised yell and stumbled backwards.

Luhan, who at this point had no consideration for personal space, leaned closer, "Soooo...."

Baekhyun hiked up his backpack, "So...what?"

Luhan let out an exasperated sigh, "How was the date silly!"

"It wasn't a date." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Dinner? Flowers? Walk in the park? That sounds like a date."

Baekhyun turned and looked at Kris in shock, "H-how did you know?"

Kris smirked, "I have eyes and ears everywhere." He whispered.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Nah fam, Chanyeol called me at like eleven, squealing like a little teenage girl."

Kris put his hand on his forehead dramatically and made his voice ten times higher in pitch, "Oh Kris! He held my hand! Oh Kris! He smiled at me!"

"Oh Kris, you're going to get your kicked."

Kris stiffened when he heard the familiar deep voice of Chanyeol behind him. Baekhyun stifled a laugh as Chanyeol threw a halfhearted kick in Kris's direction.

Then, the tall brown haired male turned to Baekhyun, "Ready to go?"

Baekhyun's eye widened, "G-go? Go where?"

Chanyeol pouted, "Don't tell me you forgot! You said I had a week!"

Baekhyun didn't answer. Chanyeol took this as a yes, Baekhyun was ready. He took Baekhyun's hand into his own and raced down the hall.

Baekhyun yelped as he tripped over his feet. Chanyeol kept him steady as they kept running. Baekhyun chose to ignore the catcalls coming from Luhan and Kris.

"W-why are we running?!" Baekhyun wheezed. (Baekhyun and exercise don't really get along.)

Chanyeol shrugged as he came to a stop in front of his house, "I don't know, it's fun I guess."

Baekhyun yanked his hand out of Chanyeol's grasp and bent over, still trying to catch his breath, "Your definition of fun and my definition of fun are very different."

Chanyeol laughed, pulling Baekhyun inside, "Come on, there's a movie marathon tonight."

As soon as Baekhyun entered the kitchen, he was greeted by Chanyeol's dog. Well, Chanyeol's brother's dog.

The small white pup was yapping loudly at Baekhyun. Chanyeol was about to scold the dog when he got picked up by a lean black haired male.

"Hey hotstuff, it's been a while since I've seen you." Sehun said, winking cheekily at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol kicked his brother, "Hey! Don't call my Baekhyun, hot stuff."

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Your Baekhyun?" His eye widened as he turned to Baekhyun dramatically, "Oh please don't tell me that you've accepted his confession. He's a lost cause."

Chanyeol shoved his brother out of the kitchen, ignoring Vivi who was still barking his head off.

"God damn, I don't know who's more annoying, Sehun or his nasty lap dog."

"I HEARD THAT! VIVI DID TOO!"

Baekhyun laughed again at Sehun's faint shouts. Chanyeol sighed, "Let's go to the basement before any other member of my wacko family shows up."

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol down the the basement where a huge projector was already set up, "I like your family, they're really fun."

Chanyeol scoffed, "Try living with them for a week. Once, I found Vivi's poop in my closet. I almost killed Sehun."

Baekhyun laughed harder, doubling over at the image in his head of Chanyeol screaming when he found the poop.

"Disney or Pixar?" Chanyeol asked, showing two movies in his hand.

Baekhyun pointed at 'The Lion King'. Chanyeol grinned, "Disney it is, but grab a box of tissues please, I'm betting one of us is going to cry."

The two boys spent the rest of the evening crying, laughing and yelling over old movies from their childhood.

Baekhyun felt oddly nostalgic as he remembered watching all these movies with Chanyeol years ago.

Except this time, instead of sitting next to each other, Baekhyun found himself laying on Chanyeol's body. His head rested on the taller's chest. Baekhyun smiled as he could feel Chanyeol's chest rising every time he took a breath.

It was calming and was lulling Baekhyun to sleep but Baekhyun didn't want to sleep.

It was strange. He wanted to feel Chanyeol's arms around him for a bit longer.

He wanted to listen to the latter's steady breaths for a bit longer.

The fluttering in Baekhyun's stomach from last night elevated to a nerve wracking twisting and turning.

He froze every time he felt Chanyeol's gaze on him. 
He ached for more contact.

Chanyeol must have thought Baekhyun was asleep because he leaned down and pressed his lips against the smaller's forehead. Baekhyun was wide awake.

It was silent for a second or two before Baekhyun heard Chanyeol whisper, "Sweet dreams Baek....I love you."

Those words made his heart race. Baekhyun didn't know what was wrong with him.



 

Baekhyun skipped school the next day.

The events from last night got his heart pounding. So much that it hurt. At least that's what Baekhyun said to his mom. She frowned but eventually gave in.

With a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, she left for work, leaving Baekhyun alone in the house.

Once he made sure his mom pulled out of the driveway, Baekhyun reached over for his speaker remote.

He pressed a button and smiled as music blasted out the speakers.

He snuggled back under the covers and closed his eyes. Maybe he was actually sick.

That's why his stomach felt like it had a bunch of butterflies and why his heart was pounding so heavily.

Baekhyun woke a few hours later to heavy buzzing by his head. He pulled himself up groggily, winching when a sudden pain went through his arm.

Baekhyun sat for a few seconds before reaching for his phone.

39 new messages

Baekhyun's mouth dropped. Who would text him that many ti-

New message from Yeollie

Oh.

Baekhyun bit back a smile as he scrolled through all the messages.

Yeollie: baek? Where are u

Yeollie: are you sick?

Yeollie: OOOHH noo!!11!!! My baby is sick!!

Yeollie: are u ignoring me?

Yeollie: :^(( what did I do?

Yeollie: baeekkkkk

Yeollie: baeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yeollie: Teacher Lee isn't here today yes! <^.^> she hates me

Yeollie: Idk what I did wrong? I'm soooo lovable!!

Yeollie: I bet ur sleeping

Yeollie: if ur sick, ur probably sleeping

Yeollie: unless ur ignoring me

Yeollie: pls don't ignore me!! Ily

Yeollie: I love uuuu respond to me !!!!

His texts went on for a while, all similar. Baekhyun was full out smiling and laughing by the time he got to the most recent text.

Yeollie: ur worrying me so much! As repayment, we're skipping school tmrrw. I want to show you a special place

Baekkie: oooo skipping What a rebel

Yeollie: I know, I'm the resident bad boy

Baekkie: I'm sick :,(( sorry for worrying you

Yeollie: it's okay. Although u did waste one of my days

Yeollie: it's no fair I only have 7 :^((

Baekkie: fine I'll skip school with u tmmrw

Yeollie: yay!! ❤ *chu* 

Baekhyun scoffed. For such a tall, masculine looking guy, Chanyeol was such a softie.

What was the 'chu'? Was he sending Baekhyun a kiss? Baekhyun cleared his throat as thoughts of Chanyeol kissing him took over his mind.

Maybe it was the medicine.






 

Baekhyun smiled at the mirror as he dried his hair. He was oddly in such a good mood. He got ready for the day, humming and singing along with his music.

His phone buzzed loudly, catching the blonde's attention. Baekhyun continued humming as he picked up his phone haphazardly.

Yeollie: dress lightly! It's going to be hot today

Baekkie: just tell me where we're going

Yeollie: (•^•) nope! It's a secret

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but pulled off his long sleeved shirt. He rummaged through his closet, trying to find a shirt when he stumbled across an old button up.

He took a closer look at it, only to notice that it wasn't his. It was Chanyeol's!

Baekhyun stared at the shirt for a while before making up his mind. He pulled the shirt on and buttoned it up. He traded his long skinny jeans for shorts.

God knows where Chanyeol was taking him so Baekhyun decided it was best to grab his phone charger and wallet.

Yeollie: I'm here!!

Baekhyun smiled when he heard two loud honks. He dashed downstairs and placed a chaste kiss on his mom's cheek, "I'm off to school mom!" With that he raced out the door.

Mrs. Byun held up a bowl of cereal, "You idiot! Eat some breakfast!" Of course, her shout fell on deaf ears. She sighed out loud, "He didn't even take his school bag."

Her annoyance washed away when she caught a sight of Chanyeol smiling at Baekhyun from his car. The taller male hopped out of his car and ran to Baekhyun, giving him a bone crushing hug. The two chatted for a while and Mrs. Byun noticed that, unlike last time, Baekhyun kept his hand on Chanyeol's side as they talked.

She smiled as they got in the car. They were most probably not going to school but she didn't mind.

"Ahhh...young love." She said out loud as Chanyeol pulled out of the driveway.


 

"Is that my shirt?" Chanyeol asked, pinching Baekhyun's thigh playfully.

Baekhyun shrieked and smacked Chanyeol's hand, "Yes! You left it like four months ago. But to ," he stuck his tongue out at the latter, "It's mine now!"

Chanyeol stole a glance at Baekhyun as he switched lanes on the highway, "You better get that tongue back in that loud mouth of yours unless you want a kiss from me."

Baekhyun never shut his mouth so quickly in his life.

"Where are we going?" The blonde dared to ask after a couple of minutes.

Chanyeol took the exit and drove off the highway into a small town, "You'll see."

In another twenty minutes, the two were parked and out of the car. Baekhyun stumbled as soon as he hit the asphalt, "Jeez, both my legs are asleep."

Chanyeol smirked, "I got you, my princess."

Baekhyun barely had time to register his words before Chanyeol swooped him into his arms. Baekhyun screamed as Chanyeol started walking.

"God damn it Chanyeol! Put me down"

"Nope." Chanyeol said triumphantly.

Baekhyun sighed, "You must be soooo proud of yourself."

Chanyeol nodded.

Baekhyun let out another deep sigh as he threw an arm around Chanyeol's neck, "Well! Might as well get comfy."

Chanyeol just smiled as he kept walking. Baekhyun twisted his neck to see where they were. A smile lit up his face when he caught sight of the open ocean.

"Beach!!"

The next few hours, the two males spent their hours splashing around in the cool blue water. At first, Baekhyun was set on not getting his upper body wet but he forgot all about it when Chanyeol tackled him into the water.

The two were so immersed in each other, they failed to notice the storm clouds rolling over their heads. Baekhyun was first to feel the droplets.

He stopped splashing Chanyeol and immediately headed for shore. Chanyeol followed him as the downpour got worse.

The beach was empty and there was no shop close by to hide from the rain. Chanyeol scanned his surroundings and left out a sigh of relief when he spotted a small cave in the side of the cliff.

He grabbed Baekhyun's hand and ran towards it.

They hid from the rain, shivering in the cold. Their clothes were completely soaked and Baekhyun was chilled to the bone.

Chanyeol seemed to notice this and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, in a vain attempt to warm the smaller up.

"I know it's not much, I'm as wet as you are." Chanyeol mumbled. Baekhyun just smiled and nuzzled Chanyeol's throat.

He liked being in Chanyeol's embrace. Even though it was by much, he felt a little warmer.

He always felt a little warmer whenever he was around Chanyeol and his brilliant smile.







 

"I should ground you, you know?"

Baekhyun grinned sheepishly at his mom, "I know."

"You skipped school."

"I know."

"But I can't! You just look so darn cute!"

Baekhyun smiled and looked down at his outfit, "Thanks mom."

Mrs. Byun sighed heavily, "Just this once okay? No more skipping school."

Baekhyun nodded obediently and pecked his mother's cheek, "Thank you!"

His mom grinned and gently shoved him towards the door, "Now get out of here, your Prince Charming is waiting."

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at his mom and stepped out the front door. He waved to Chanyeol who was sitting in his car. He was drumming his fingers against the steering wheel restlessly.

Baekhyun smiled warmly. Chanyeol had never been able to sit still. In the twelve years the two had been friends, Chanyeol had nearly drove Baekhyun crazy with his nonstop drumming, tapping and shuffling.

But Baekhyun didn't mind so much anymore, maybe because he might lo-

A loud honk interrupted Baekhyun's thought. Chanyeol stuck his head out of his window, "Get in loser! We're going shopping."

Baekhyun only laughed and sat in Chanyeol's old beat up jeep, "When are you going to get rid of this thing?" He said in disgust as he picked a small dust ball off the dashboard.

Chanyeol gasped dramatically and hugged the steering wheel, "Don't say that to my baby!" He lowered his voice to a whisper, "You'll hurt his feelings."

Baekhyun giggled as he patted the dashboard, "I'm sorry, Chanyeol's jeep."

Chanyeol grinned, "He forgives you."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Chanyeol started the car. The tall man backed out of Baekhyun's driveway and set course for the mall.

"Kai's party is next week, are you excited?" Chanyeol asked absentmindedly as he stopped at a red might. 
Baekhyun hummed, "Yea. His parties are always fun."

Chanyeol smirked, "Not this one. His parents organized this one."

Jongin, better known as Kai was Chanyeol's friend. Baekhyun met him through Chanyeol and they soon became close as well.

Kai was a couple years older then them and had graduated college already. His parents were probably throwing a party in celebration of him taking over their family company.

Chanyeol coughed, pulling Baekhyun out of his thoughts, "Yixing said that the mall was closed for renovations but we get special treatment." Chanyeol said wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

Yixing was Kai's stepbrother. The two didn't get along at first and Chanyeol and Baekhyun found themselves stuck in between an intense brother rivalry. They finally got over their egos and made amends, which Baekhyun is very thankful for.

The two spent the rest of the day hopping between empty stores. There were mini construction sites everywhere but it was so worth being at the mall alone.

After four hours of intense shopping, Chanyeol finally announced that he was done. Baekhyun, who had ten shopping bags in his hands, silently thanked God (or who ever was up there.)

The two walked back to Chanyeol's jeep in silence. The tall male had took some of Baekhyun's bag for him, making the load on the blonde a bit lighter.

Baekhyun was walking a couple steps behind Chanyeol, eyeing the latter's swaying hand. He really wanted to feel Chanyeol's hand in his own.

Baekhyun couldn't believe what he was thinking but he decided maybe it was best if he stopped thinking. So he quickened his pace and slid his hand into Chanyeol's.

The taller jumped in surprise and looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun pretended like nothing happened.

Chanyeol grinned as he tightened his hold on Baekhyun, maybe he does have a chance.










 

Baekhyun regrets his decision the moment he opened the door.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were getting ready to spend the day at the amusement park. They had gotten dressed, ate breakfast and were just about to leave when the doorbell rang.

Baekhyun unlocked the door and even before he could open it, the door swung open and Luhan came rushing into the house.

He attached himself onto Baekhyun. Kris waved cheekily and entered the house, shutting the door behind him.

"Baekkie Baby!!"

"Oh god it's you."


 

Chanyeol threw his own plans out the window when he saw Luhan and Kris at the door. So much for amusement park date.

He didn't mind though. Luhan forced Baekhyun into playing truth or dare.

The first dare, Baekhyun was forced into Chanyeol's lap.

The second dare, Baekhyun had to kiss Chanyeol on the cheek.

The tall brown haired male would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy that.

Chanyeol knew something changed in Baekhyun.

He could feel it.
Nothing physically changed, they still had the same amount of skinship, no more, no less.

They cuddled the same, they spent time together, talked, laughed....nothing really changed.

But Baekhyun's fingers lingered a bit longer. His stares were more intense.

Chanyeol would catch Baekhyun just looking at him and smiling.

Chanyeol knew he had succeeded.

That's why, when Baekhyun asked to be alone the last day, he didn't put up a fight.

He just smiled and cradled the latter's cheeks in his hands.

He bent down until their noses rubbed together. Chanyeol smiled faintly when Baekhyun's eyes squeezed shut. Of anticipation or nervousness, Chanyeol would never know.

But he didn't hesitate to connect their lips, he didn't hesitate to kiss Baekhyun like he means it.

"I'll see you later okay baby?"

Baekhyun just nodded, placing his smaller hands over Chanyeol's, "W-where do we meet, you know.... when I tell you my decision?"

Chanyeol smiled, "You know where." With that and one last peck on Baekhyun's lip, Chanyeol leaves.



 

Two days after:

Baekhyun straightened his shirt and stepped out into the sun.

He had thought long and hard and he had a definite answer...he just needed to find Chanyeol first.

The tide was low and the waves lapped lazily onto shore. The seagull's cries were loud as they flew above.

Baekhyun turned his head, lifting his hand to shield his eyes from the sun's harsh light.

He smiled when he spoofed a familiar lanky frame. The mall was tall and wore jean shorts down to his knees. The cardigan around his shoulders came down to his thighs, flapping in the wind as he threw pebbles into the sea.

Baekhyun ran.

He ran faster than he's ever run before.

Chanyeol could hear footsteps behind him.
He smiled.

He knew exactly who that was.

He threw one last rock, watching it skip three times before sinking under the waves.

"Chanyeol!"

Baekhyun launched himself at the taller male. His eyes squeezed shut as he spilled his heart. He told Chanyeol how much he loved him. How god damn much he loved him. Chanyeol could only smile.

Baekhyun finally stopped talking. Chanyeol bent down and planted a firm kiss on the smaller's lips, "I won the deal. You're mine."

Baekhyun smiled, "I wouldn't have it any other way."

So what started with a late night hug and confession

Ended with an early morning kiss and two I love you's. 
 

Fin.