1-The rules of our pride (Jikook)

Compilation

 

 

 

The rules of our pride

 

Title : The rules of our pride

Word count : 4k

Pairing : Jikook

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

’Jeon Jungkook, I dunno where you are right now but you better have a ing good excuse or else I’m never letting you borrow my Slytherin or Ravenclaw scarves ever again.’’ Jimin spits in his phone tightly held against his ear between nervous fingers.

Jungkook should have arrived an hour ago and yet, there were no traces of the boy. No message, no sign of life, no warning. Jimin swears that if Jungkook dumped him to go to the arcade again, he’s not sure he will forgive him. Today is important. Jungkook knows. He can’t be late to their 8 years old tradition.

Hell.

Jimin has two exams on Monday and an essay to give in but never, ever will he make school his priority when they have to watch all eight Harry Potter movies.

Jungkook had even promised he found an online site to watch ‘’Fantastic beast and where to find them’’ to wrap up their marathon the right way.

Rule # 1

We shall never miss any of our Harry Potter marathons. If one of us were to break this rule, terrible consequences would follow. (The choice of the consequence is free to the victim of this outrageous disrespect)

9 years ago, Jimin and Jungkook had bonded in school about the newest Harry Potter movie that had just come out. They had argued about whether it was better or not than the previous one and who was the better director. As the years passed, Jungkook’s favourite movies were settled to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire while Jimin likes The Philosopher’s Stone the best because he enjoys beginnings. Beginnings are hopeful, exactly like his personality. There’s also the fact that, in his opinion, everything was much simpler during that time.

However, if there’s one thing they could agree on is that the first part of The Deathly Hallows is nowhere as good as the book and is missing magic. It had left both in disappointment. Maybe because it’s too sad. Jimin hates seeing Dobby dying. And Jungkook hates seeing Jimin so heartbroken, therefore he hates the movie.

As simple as that.

 

**

Jungkook is a Ravenclaw, apparently. That’s what they found out one day after doing a test online to discover in which house the Sorting Hat would place them in. Holding hands while answering their test, each on their own laptop, was probably the most stressing moment of their life. The most heartbreaking too when Jimin was declared a Gryffindor.

But not the first tragedy in their story.

Jungkook had shouted and criticized the injustice and lies-secretly suspecting Jimin of not answering honestly the questions- but after giving it some time and thinking, the truth was blatant. Jimin was loyal but show off. A real mini Hermione. A Hermione with a gorgeous smile, a cute nose, small hands that fitted in his perfectly, round glasses which he often stole because he was convinced they held the secret of Jimin’s cuteness-to his dismay they were not the cause- the boy was basically born with chubby cheeks and adorable eyes.

Jimin had said Ravenclaw was a good match for Jungkook. He was the first one to brag about his boyfriend. He claimed to everyone-not that anyone cared- that Jeon Jungkook was the most talented person he’s ever met and that he succeeds brilliantly in everything he tries- except math…and kissing. But that’s another story.

There was no use in trying to beat him. None. He was smart, caring, good looking, tall, had pretty hands, could remember almost all the lines of Jimin’s favourite Harry Potter movie just so he could make his own version when Jimin was down and make him smile. He was one of the top student in their school, was good in P.E but also in art, hell, he even managed to make Jimin breathless every time he smiled. Real power, right there.

Lord Voldemort would have begged to be Jungkook’s servant.

**

How did they start dating? Probably between the release of the first part and second part of the Deadly hollow in movie theaters. It’s still a mystery. They don’t really recall how it happened. All they know is that one day they found themselves kissing on Jimin’s couch with their scarves somehow tied around each other. Now that he thought of it…Wasn’t it one of Jungkook’s weird dare? Or did he want to break a record? It’s vague. What he does remember is Jungkook pushing his tongue in his mouth and almost choking him as a result. He had apologized, though

a year later

when Jimin threatened to reveal to the world Jeon Jungkook’s weakness if he didn’t take him on a proper date after a year of -unofficial- tongue meeting.

And so they went on a date which was great. Their tongue had met officially this time and Jimin swears Jungkook blushed.

Jimin had thought Jungkook matched Ravenclaw pretty well but he changed his mind after he started actually going out with the little demon. Jungkook was a Slytherin. An arrogant, smart, and rather good-looking Slytherin. The worst.

.

Rule # 126.

If wizards can change appearance or hair colors, then Jungkook is allowed to switch house depending on his mood.

**

Jimin remembers that time Jungkook had wanted to re act a Quidditch match. Ever since the terrible experiment in which he had agreed to take part for god knows what reasons, Jimin had feared brooms. On the other hand, Jungkook had found the experience so mesmerizing and futurist that he plays against Jimin’s cat instead.

Jimin thinks he’s dating a complete moron and prays for his cat’s sanity every time the boy is coming over.

Even the feline could tell Jungkook has some serious issues judging by the way Sirius runs away the second the broom mysteriously finds Jungkook’s hands.

Jungkook puts the blame on Jimin who named a feline Sirius resulting in the cat having an identity crisis.

The biggest affront Jimin could have made Jungkook’s favourite Harry Potter character honestly. Even worse when Jungkook learns while reading his boyfriend’s texts –which he had regretted after being scold- that Jimin had done it on purpose.

Therefore, when Jimin got another cat, he had decided to name it Lupin for the sole reason of driving his boyfriend crazy.

 

Rule # 9

Jimin is banned from naming any animal he might buy in the future. He’s also banned from naming our future kids.

 

‘’I won’t ever give my consent to this rule. I want our kid to be named Dumbbie in the honor of the world’s best headmaster Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.’’

Jungkook had looked at him with fear.

‘’BANNED.’’ He had added while underlining the word.

 

**

‘’Jimin…?’’

‘’Hm?’’

‘’What is this?’’

‘’Cookies.’’

‘’What you call cookies grew ing legs to run away from you.’’

 

Rule # 10

Jimin is also banned from cooking.

 

‘’Well they were for you, you insolent child of Satan! Now that you’ve hurt my feelings and looked down on my cooking skills you’re not getting any!’’

‘’Excuse me but let me correct this sentence. Looked down on your inexistent cooking skills.’’

‘’Get out of my house!’’

‘’This is my house.’’

‘’Yeah well I spend most of my time here so it’s my house too.’’

‘’You know there are more romantic ways of suggesting we move in together?’’

‘’That’s not-‘’

 

Rule # 76

Jimin is not allowed near the kitchen when we will move in together.

 

‘’Then where will I eat?!’’

‘’On the living room floor, with your cats.’’

‘’I changed my mind, I don’t want to date you anymore.’’

 

Rule #77

Park Jimin is head over heals for me, therefore he cannot* break up with me over truths he doesn’t like to be reminded of.

 

Truth of the day: Park Jimin is a cat. A wild cat that shall be tamed.

‘’I will kill you.’’

 

Rectification to rule # 77

*Park Jimin is allowed to break up with me but he shall warn me and do it properly, therefore, no breakup texts or vague movie references will be accepted.

Jimin is still a cat.

 

‘’How am I a cat.’’

‘’You’re cute-’’ Jimin smiles in victory. ‘’ and you can’t help getting jealous when others touch me so you always sit on my lap to show I’m your property-by the way, I’d like to remind you that I’m mine, thank you very much. I do appreciate your on my thighs though.’’ He pauses to think. ‘’You also secretly want to kill me but act nice and cute so I don’t suspect a thing so I guess your feline instinct . Should I remind you of the times I found you, Sirius, and Lupin all lined up next to each other, sleeping on the living room floor in the single ray of sun that was able to make its way in the room?’’

‘’No Jibooty for you for the next week.’’

‘’Why so bitter baby? You don’t like being called a kitten?’’ Jungkook almost purrs at Jimin face before kissing his neck.

‘’I don’t like you comparing me to a kitten.’’ Jimin answers while gripping Jungkook’s hair to make sure he doesn’t get away so quickly. ‘’Kiss me sorry you idiot.’’

But Jungkook has other plans, he leaves a trail of kisses from Jimin’s neck to his collarbones, stopping on some spots to tease, bite and at the sensitive skin.

Just as he’s about to grant Jimin’s wishes the other stops him with a smirk.

‘’Did you think you could be forgiven this easily, Kookie? I will maintain my decision, no Jibooty for you.’’

Jungkook pulls away with one of his teasing smile reserved for other occasions.

‘’Should we invite Taehyung over?’’

Jimin smacks his arm.

‘’How dare you! His doesn’t even compare with mine!’’

Jungkook chuckles to himself.

‘’Jealous kitten.’’

**

Two years ago, as they were celebrating their 6th Harry Potter marathon, Jungkook had prepared a surprise for Jimin. The surprise itself didn’t turn out the way he had wanted (when does anything Jungkook plans go well?) but the cooing noise his boyfriend made when he saw Lupin and Sirius wearing mini scarves had made up for it. Lupin was in charge of representing Jungkook’s house while Sirius shared Jimin’s house.

Halfway through the movies, Sirius had begun a revolution and successfully escaped his scarf. When they paused The Goblet of Fire because of the screeching noises coming from Jimin’s room, they found the culprit of the chaos trying to corrupt Lupin, claws and fangs busy trying to free the poor kitten from his blue and grey scarf.

‘’I don’t think Sirius likes your creative ideas.’’ Jimin had said, arms crossed on his chest as Sirius continued what he had started, not even bothered being caught red handed.

‘’That’s because you raised him.’’

‘’What is that supposed to mean?!’’

‘’He’s a free soul. He doesn’t care about rules.’’

‘’Stop comparing me to the cat!’’

‘’I thought you liked him!’’

‘’Don’t yell in front of Lupin, he’ll think his parents are fighting!’’

‘’As you can probably see, Lupin doesn’t seem to give a single about us fighting. He’s been enrolled in a revolution. Which is probably the epitome of excitement he’s gonna reach in his life.’’

‘’I’ll raise an army of feline with canine names and teach them the Harry Potter anthem for them to sing at your birthday if you keep going.’’

‘’I’d love to hear that.’’

‘’Just watch me, Jeon Jungkook.’’

‘’I always am.’’ The Ravenclaw had answered, his eyebrows going up in provocation.

**

There’s this time when Jimin had been so sick he couldn’t even move from his bed but being the stubborn and caring boyfriend that he is, he didn’t even deemed important to call Jungkook to let him know about his condition. Whenever Jungkook thinks back on it, he’s glad he had decided to pass by without warning Jimin or else he’s not sure in which state he would have found the boy.

He knew Jimin hadn’t said anything because he didn’t want to worry him but he also knew Jimin had broken one of the most important rules on their list.

Ever since Jungkook had noticed that his boyfriend had a tendency for suffering alone and overworking himself, he made the rule number 8 that states that Jimin HAS to warn Jungkook whenever he doesn’t feel okay until he learns to take care of himself and listening to his body.

He had spent the night taking Jimin’s temperature to make sure his condition wasn’t worsening and to know if they had to go to the hospital. He forced him to take his medicine too, even though Jimin insist that he was feeling well. Usually, Jungkook trusts his lover, but a sick Jimin can’t be trust.

When his boyfriend had told him to go back home because it was late already, he had simply answered by putting a blanket on top of Jimin- for third time that night- and laid beside him. The fear of getting sick too not even crossing his mind.

Jimin had complained but eventually gave in when Jungkook leaned in closer and rubbed circles on his hand to soothe him to sleep.

 

**

‘’Jungkook?’’ The boy detaches himself from the wall and takes a few steps towards his boyfriend. ‘’What are you doing here?’’

‘’I was waiting for you, duh.’’

‘’Waiting…’’ Jimin trails. ‘’ But you finished your classes 3 hours ago!’’

‘’ Yeah, so?’’

Jimin gives him an incredulous look mixed with confusion.

‘’Jimin, Jimin, my sweet Jimin, stop worrying so much. Even I get headaches from your worrying, oh my god. I didn’t wait in front of your classroom for three hours. I went to buy us coffee and then came here to wait. Now can I please get my kiss?’’

Jimin shakes his head but leans in anyway to grant his lover’s wish.

They pull away, both with different expression. If Jimin had a shy yet fond look on his face, Jungkook was wearing one of his grins. A very special grin. The one that Jungkook always addressed him when he was overwhelmed with love for his boyfriend. Or whenever Jimin did something he considered ‘’cute’’ or ‘’kitten-like’’. It’s also the same smile he uses when Jimin pouts at his teasing.

‘’How was your day?’’ Jimin asks, genuinely curious about every detail-

‘’It was okay. Boring, though. Yours?’’

-and as always Jungkook didn’t give him any details which make him smile.

‘’Why are you smiling?’’

‘’No reason. I just love you.’’

Jimin chuckles when Jungkook ruffles his hair to hide his embarrassment.

‘’Well, beautiful. Where are we headed to with our fancy drinks?’’

‘’Home.’’

‘’Sounds like a good destination.’’

**

‘’Jimin! Where is the frying pan?!’’

‘’Just a minute Jungkook, I have to discipline Sirius!’’ Jimin yells back from their bedroom.

‘’The cat can wait!’’

Jungkook thinks he can hear the boy sighing to himself. He definitely can’t hear it from where he is, but he knows. As a matter of fact, three seconds later he hears footsteps drawing closer and smiles in victory.

‘’What do you want?’’ Jimin asks with fake annoyance.

‘’I suggest you change that expression on your beautiful face or else chef Jeon Kooks will not be cooking for you.’’

‘’Jeon Kooking.’’

‘’That was an easy one Park Kitten.’’

‘’I admit it was. So, what did you need my marvellous help for?’’

‘’Where did you hide the frying pan?’’

‘’I didn’t hide it anywhere. It’s under the sink, as always.’’

‘’What do you mean as always? That’s not where I put it every time I clean the dishes.’’

‘’Well, it’s where I put it every time I clean the dishes.’’

‘’Correct me if I’m wrong but I vaguely remember you not being allowed in the kitchen.’’

‘’.’’

‘’We’re eating pastas tonight!’’ Jungkook declares laughing as Jimin heads back to his room where Sirius has already escaped.

**

If you asked Jungkook why he puts up with Jimin and vice versa, the answer would probably be something like this: We share common interests, his personality is endurable.

However, both would manage to end their confession with some kind of insult for the other.

True love.

Truth is; Without Jimin, Jungkook would spend most of his time in his room and would never interact with others. He wouldn’t have discovered that he loves to cuddle or coffee. Without Jimin, he wouldn’t have had to look after Sirius and Lupin when Jimin went on family trips. Jungkook wouldn’t know what it means to rely on someone and to worry for them.

 

And without Jungkook, Jimin wouldn’t be as happy as he is. He would overwork himself without realizing it because he wouldn’t have anyone to stop him and force him to rest. Jimin wouldn’t be able to reach to top shelf either and would have to climb on the counter, risking his life when Sirius would jump right next to his feet, scaring the hell out of him. He also wouldn’t have a shoulder to cry on whenever someone dies in movies.

But no matter how much Jimin loves Jungkook, it doesn’t excuse the boy from disappearing.

Jimin is a man of his words but apparently, Jungkook isn’t.

He waits for two hours and a half before he hears the familiar key rummaging in front of the door. He doesn’t even wait for Jungkook to find the right key-which would take a good three minutes-and opens the door himself.

‘’Where.Were.You.’’ He demands.

‘’Hi to you too, love of my life.’’

‘’Jungkook, now isn’t the time.’’

The boy sighs.

‘’Alright. I’m really sorry, okay. It’s just that this guy in my class asked me for my help and of course I said I couldn’t because, priorities. ‘’ Jungkook raises an eyebrow in Jimin’s direction which brings a shy smile to Jimin’s lips that he tries to hide. ‘’ But then he told me he could pay me, and you know how much I love money-don’t look at me like that okay- I had good intentions. I knew I’d be late so I thought I’d buy you an apology present with the money I got so…here it is.’’

Jimin looks down at Jungkook’s hand where he’s holding a small bag.

‘’You could’ve called.’’

‘’I turned off my phone because Taehyung kept texting me.’’

At the forbidden name, Jimin’s head shoots back up.

‘’Taehyung? What did he wanted?’’

‘’Relax, nothing serious, he kept sending memes and derp pictures of you, as always. And as always, I saved all those in case I need to blackmail you one day.’’

‘’I hate you both, you better delete all those pictures Jeon Jungkook or I’m throwing you out of this house.’’

Knowing that he has yet to be forgiven, Jungkook decides to let it go.

‘’Alright, alright. So…? Are you taking it?’’

Jimin reaches for the bag before quickly turning away with a huff. Then, they head to the living room where the T.V is already set up and so are the snacks. Jungkook is travelled by a wave of regrets. Jimin probably waited for him for a long time, he thinks. He was probably worried too.

He moves his gaze from the snacks to the boy sitting on the couch. Lupin and Sirius who had ran to him as a welcome when he entered were now concentrated on the mysterious package Jimin was holding, probably thinking it’s some kind of snacks for them.

The next move Jungkook does is something he does on impulse. He doesn’t think twice when he sees Jimin sitting where he probably sat the whole time he was waiting for him which reminds him how much of an he is.

Jungkook walks forwards, takes the gift from Jimin’s hands and places it on the table in front of the couch. He climbs on top of Jimin, forcing him to lie down on the couch. He feels relieved when his boyfriend doesn’t stop him because it means he’s not as mad as he wants Jungkook to think.

Jimin makes a satisfied sound when Jungkook’s lips connect with his and wriggle under Jungkook to find a more comfortable position. Just when he feels that Jungkook is about to pull away, he gently starts nibbling at his boyfriend’s lower lip, silently asking for entrance.

Not being in the position to refuse, Jungkook engages them in a series of open-mouthed kisses where their tongue meets to the delight of a certain body part of their. However, just as he’s about to ask Jimin if he wants to go further, the boy pulls away.

‘’I can’t believe you’re trying to get us into y times instead of watching Harry Potter. What happened to you Jeon Jungkook?’’

Jungkook fakes being shocked and leans down to peck Jimin’s lips one last time.

‘’You are totally right. Nothing can come between Harry Potter and us, not even our raging hormones.’’

‘’I’m glad we agree.’’

Jungkook gets off Jimin, only to sit next to him and bring the Gryffindor in his arms while Jimin plays around with the remote control. When he’s finally done, he leans back in Jungkook’s arms, easily finding a comfortable position.

Suddenly, a familiar music starts playing making Jungkook smiles in Jimin’s hair when his boyfriend gets all excited.

‘’Ladies and gentlemen, I have the honor of announcing the beginning of an epic adventure in which you will take part. From now on, you are not allowed to talk, sleep or stand up and shall shoo away disturbing little kittens. Enjoy the ride.’’ Jungkook says with his best announcer voice.

Jimin slightly turns his head so Jungkook can see the smile on his lips.

‘’Should I leave too?’’

‘’Uh?’’

‘’Aren’t I a very disturbing little kitten?’’

‘’The worst. But you’re not going anywhere. I’m not letting you.’’

‘’Is that a new rule?’’

‘’Only if you rebel’’

‘’I’m sure Sirius would teach me.’’

‘’ Talking about the devil.’’

Two dark eyes look at them from the hallway. Jimin tries to call the cat so he can cuddle with them but just when he’s about to take a step towards them Jungkook makes some weird hand movement and Sirius runs away in the darkness, like the devil’s at his tail.

‘’What the did you do?’’ Jimin asks, borderline panicking.

‘’I conditioned your cat.’’

‘’You what?’’

‘’I taught him to know his place.’’ Jungkook does the same hand movement. ‘’I always do that before opening the closet to take the broom.’’

‘’You’re ing evil. Do not traumatize my cat, you heartless . And stop forcing him to play Quidditch with you.’’

‘’Fine.’’ He smirks and add ‘’Lupin!’’

 

Rule # 184

Jeon Jungkook is forbidden from reading Pavlov.

 

‘’I have a test on him, though.’’

‘’Not my problem.’’

‘’What about Freud?’’

‘’I don’t even wanna see your nose in one if his books.’’

‘’Want me to analyse your dreams?’’

‘’Thanks but I’ll pass’’

‘’Your kitten-like instinct tells me that you have some very strong death drive.’’

‘’Oh, really? Now that’s interesting. Want to analyse what my fist on your nose means?’’

‘’ Honestly, just a plain, bad idea.’’

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

Okay so I was suppose to write a very short 1k one-shot but this is 4k, oops?

So, I've been re watching Harry Potter and I wanted very badly to write a Jikook ff, I guess this is what happened? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! Im not satisfied with the ending so that might change (the title too) but thank you for reading anyway!

As Always, please please please let me know what you think by commenting, or subscribe/upvote, it means a lot!

If you like Harry Potter Aus then there's my friend who's writing this amazing yoonmin ff : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1216173/i-m-park-jimin-right-or-otherwise-yoonmin  make sure to check it out!

WHO DIDNT SURVIVE THE SPRING DAY TEASER? *raises my hand*

Guess who's bday it is tomorrow~~ ;)

Love you all, hopefully you'll stick with me for the next one-shots I'll be posting! <3