Final

Breaking News
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seyoung spills her tea onto her brand new shirt while her other hand is busy balancing her phone in her hand. The screen shows the news portal online she frequently visits. Bold letters meet her eyes, with some low quality pictures displayed. However, it does not matter for the woman because blur or not, she can easily recognize that the man inside the frame is her beloved idol.

She scrolls down the news, mouth forms a wide ‘O’ and tea soon forgotten when she reaches the end. The woman cannot believe what she just read. She goes back to home page then re-click the link to the article but the writing remains the same. 

Seyoung throws her phone on the table, having enough of the shocking news. She blinks her eyes, willing to dismiss the words but it is too late. The topic has taken a place inside her mind and refuses to budge.

Seyoung then gets up from her seat and sprints outside, exiting her large cubicle. She goes straight to a door labeled ‘Head Designer’, barging in without knocking.

“Eonnie, have you seen the-” she stops when she sees that the person inside is busy talking on her phone.

The other woman inside the room, who is talking on the phone, is giving Seyoung a sign to quiet down and motioning her to take a seat. Seyoung complies then take one on the other side of the woman. She waits impatiently for her to just cut the call and listen to her news.

After waiting for like years, finally the woman puts down her phone.

“How many times do I have to tell you to knock first before you come into my room?”

“I am sorry, I am sorry..” Seyoung smiles guiltily, “but you have to know about this!”

“What? Any news about the red client?” the woman peeks under her glasses.

“No, but this is a greater deal than that client. This is the news of the century.”

“Real..ly? What?” the other woman muses.

“Let me show you,” Seyoung says then reaches into her pocket jeans, but find nothing, “Where is my phone? My pho...ah! I left it on the table. Let me fetch it! I will be back!”

“Ya Seyoung, you can just use my phone here..” the other woman yells but Seyoung already halfway to her room.

She soon back, with phone clutched tightly on her hands, and without any other words just shoves it to the other woman’s face. The woman too starts reading the news. Her expression is similar with Seyoung before when she finishes reading.

“Daebak! Is it for real? Myungsoo has a child!? A daughter?”

“I know right. How can it be? L, no, Myungsoo has a child?!” Seyoung zooms in the pic on the screen.

The other woman shakes her head in wonder, “Only some men can bear a child. The man pregnancy is a rare case. Yet here, we have Myungsoo. He is indeed shinmulnam. God really gives him everything.”

“You are right, Hera eonnie. Look, even his daughter is pretty,” Seyoung coos at the screen, at a little girl not more than two years who is snugged comfortably in Myungsoo’s arms.

The other woman, Hera, nods her head in agreement, “Look at her eyes and nose. It is no doubt Myungsoo’s.”

Seyoung smiles, “Yes, eonnie. She really resembles Myungsoo-oppa. But eonnie, who do you think is the father?”

Hera stops ogling at Myungsoo and her daughter then looks at Seyoung, “Father?”

“O, she must has a father, right?” Seyoung asks back.

Hera nods slowly, “Yes, she has to.”

“Then, who is her father?”

Hera frowns, “Someone?”

“Someone? What someone?”

“Ah, I don’t know! Why do you ask me? You should ask Myungsoo,” Hera mock-glaring at Seyoung.

“Sorry, I am just excited and I just want to know,” Seyoung pouts, “this is really big news for me, and I am sure the fandom is also on fire now. Myungsoo has a child! It does not happen every day, you know.”

“Yeah yeah, I know. It makes you so excited and confuses you, that you don’t even care to clean your shirt.”

“My shirt? Why my sh- ahhh! My shirt!” Seyoung squeals when she sees that her red shirt now has a wet spot, right under the pocket.

“So you actually don’t realize it? Tsktsk...you are so clumsy,” Hera tuts.

“My Gucci..” Seyoung whimpers and holds her shirt.

Hera hands her a tissue and pats her back, feeling pity for Seyoung. Seyoung’s brother gave it to her as a birthday present.  It costs approximately 1000USD and Seyoung just ruined it.

What a day really. Her shirt is ruined and her idol has a scandal.

 

 

 

 

It has been two days since the news spread to public. All the medias have a field day. The paparazzis and the reporters try to find where Myungsoo and other members of INFINITE are hiding but to no avail. Their agency, Woollim, also does not release any clarification or confirmation about the rumor. Everyone is on their edge, waiting for any news, any words about their whereabouts and the truth.

The fandom, as Seyoung predicted, is on fire. They finally know now why INFINITE only released ballad songs lately and Myungsoo went to hiatus before. They are going crazy after the news or might be called as rumor now that they still get no answer from Myungsoo and Woollim. Some are mourning their loss that Myungsoo already has a child with a possible boyfriend or even husband, and the other side is jumping in joy or celebrating the fact that their idol loves someone and loved by someone.

However, there are also the extreme ones, the one refusing to accept the reality and angry with Myungsoo. They take to action such as burning INFINITE’s CDs and goods, calling them non-stop which downright terrorizing Myungsoo and others on their phone, verbally harassing the fans that supporting them and causing such a ruckus here and there. They even make another rumor that the daugher is Myungsoo and Woollim’s CEO Lee Jungyeop’s child.

Seyoung does not believe it and she also falls under the ‘jumping in joy and celebrating the fact that their idol loves someone and loved by someone’ category. She treated her employees some drinks and gave them a day off.

Yes, she is the boss in a clothing line company along with Hera, her cousin and her brother. They decided to join forces and formed a business platform. It is not that big but not that unknown too. They have some important and famous clients too, but they also accept small orders.

She does not really like to use her power to her own benefit but for this situation she does not hesitate to give all her works to her employees. She is busy monitoring the medias and refreshing all her SNS to know the latest info about Myungsoo. These two days, there is nothing and she is squirming on her seat, waiting. She hates waiting.

Hera takes pity on her and invites her to a dinner that night. They end up in Seyoung’s favorite place. Hera orders for her, a set of chicken feet and braised pork.

“Ya, eat your food,” Hera nudges Seyoung on her forehead with her chopsticks. They are sitting across of each other.

“I am not hungry.”

“Ya, you haven’t eat since this morning. You need energy, even though you are just glaring at your screen. You need strength to do that for days onward.”

“But I am not hungry, eonnie,” Seyoung pushes the plates away.

“Aish, do you want me to call your brother, oh?”

Seyoung lifts her head, “No. Don’t call him. He will mock me till my death if he knows.”

“Then eat.”

Seyoung only grabs her chopsticks and pulls the plates toward her. Her favorite dish looks unappealing to her.

Hera smiles then continues eating her food. Their side is quiet, with Hera eating and Seyoung tries to swallow the food.

Hera’s plate is almost empty when the loud sounds of something falling hits her ears. It is close to where she sits that makes her turns her head toward the sound. Apparently it is Seyoung who drops her chopsticks with mouth wide and eyes bulged. Hera looks at the direction Seyoung’s eyes go then her jaw drops.

Myungsoo is sitting on a table, on what look like a make-do stage, with her CEO and his leader on his sides. The mic stand is right in front of him. They finally hold a press conference.

The restaurant’s owner increases the TV’s volume so that the sound carries around the place. The customers have their eyes glued to the screen, waiting for Myungsoo to speak.

“First, I want to say thank you for waiting and sorry for keeping the public about this matter. I will not go around the bush. The child in the pictures is indeed my daughter like the rumor said. I apologize for all the commotion, and for INSPIRIT, I am deeply sorry.  I hope that you will still support INFINITE after this and we also will give our best and love you always. I am sorry.”

The cameras flash in frenzy following Myungsoo’s explanation and the reporters throw questions immediately.

“What is her name?”

“How old is she?”

“Are you married?”

“Who is her other father?”

“Will you quit from INFINITE?”

Myungsoo is silent and has his head lowers. Everyone can see that he trembles under that many gazes. Years of being idol and always ready for camera cannot beat this. The mortifying feeling that the nation is watching you, not because of your achievement, but instead they want to know who your daughter’s father is.

Lee Jungyeop crouches down to whisper on Myungsoo’s ear. When he finishes, Myungsoo has this blank expression on. Just like his idol persona, L. Sunggyu also whispers on his ears, taking Myungsoo’s right hand on his.

“I will only answer one question.”

The reporters rise their hands simultaneously, eager to be picked by Myungsoo. Myungsoo then chooses randomly. He thinks that the young woman clad in black suit and friendly face will not be cruel. Black is his favorite color too.

How wrong he is.

“Is the father one of the members?” her voice is loud and clear inside the crowded room.

Myungsoo pales. He grabs the mic tighter.

“The father is..”

The room is waiting in anticipation. Seyoung and Hera also cannot take their eyes elsewhere. This is it. This is when they will know the identity of the father.

“one of the member.”

People go crazier after Myungsoo’s answer. The reporters are now all on their feet, shouting questions at him. ‘Which one is the father,Myungsoo’ is what they want to know now.

The CEO hurriedly grabs the mic from Myungsoo’s hold before the man spills another information. From his and Sunggyu’s expression, this is not what they plan to do. Myungsoo is brought into Sunggyu’s embrace and he walks them out the room.

Seyoung and Hera sit still on their place. When the owner changes to another channel, they are still looking at the screen. They are surprised with how the event turns. The information that they get is also gold.

“Daebak!” Hera is the first one to voice her thought. Seyoung only nods dumbly at Hera’s remark. One word, daebak.

“So the father is one of the 6 members? Hm..who can it be?” Hera asks herself.

“It must be Hoya, or Sungyeol, or Woohyun, or Sungjong, or Sunggyu or Dongwoo,” Seyoung answers.

“I already guessed them. Scratch that, the whole nation knows it. But who among them? Hmm..” Hera brings her chopstick to . She has recovered from the shock and back on stuffing her stomach.

Seyoung glances at the food, her barely there appetite is now thoroughly gone. The six members are potential father for Myungsoo’s daughter. The question remains is who. Who is her biological father?

That night is the first and only night that Seyoung wishes for sasaeng fans to work their wonder and expose everything about INFINITE.

 

 

 

 

“So, for this month the target is…..”

Seyoung tries to concentrate on what Kimmy, their Head of Production, is talking about. They are in the middle of a weekly meeting, discussing about their products. Same old same old.

The different is unlike any other times, Seyoung just hopes that this meeting will end soon. She leaves her phone in her room and now she cannot monitor the progress or lack of it from Myungsoo’s latest update.

The most info the fans get is that INFINITE preparing for a comeback and that’s it. Nothing about Myungsoo, his daughter, or the daughter’s father.

And it has been a month.

Seyoung is the first to stand from her seat when Sejun, her brother dismisses them. She walks fast to her room, eyes gleaming when she spots her phone on the table.

She swipes the screen on and nearly squeals in delight when her notification bar shows that Sungjong just posted in his SNS half an hour ago. He is the first member to update his SNS after the scandal.

See, this is why I cannot lose my hold on my phone.

She never clicked so fast on a notification and if before she almost screamed when she discovered the notification, now she will really blow the office with her banshee-like sound.

Sungjong posted his selca with Myungsoo’s daughter.

She immediately loves the post and proceeds to read the caption. Her excitement turns to slight disappointment when the caption says ‘Uncle Sungjong will always protect you’ followed by some kissy emoticons.

Sungjong is not the father.

Seyoung sighs, “Well, one down, 5 more to go,” she crosses Sungjong from her individual list of ‘Potential Daddy’.

 

 

 

 

Following Sungjong’s post, the other members also update their SNS. Woohyun with his demo cooking, Dongwoo with his beloved niece Sebin, Sungyeol once in while posts about his dog, and Sunggyu posts once about a movie he currently watches. Hoya does not post anything but lately he always goes live from his Instagram.

Seyoung just got back from her work when her phone blinks with notification that Hoya is doing live. She clicks the notification and Hoya appears on her screen. He is sitting on his car seat, with pins fixed on his hairs and his stylists behind him. He greets the viewers, talking about this and that with his fans, even playing some songs to INSPIRITs. 

Seyoung sends the hearts continuously while listening to Hoya rambling about his latest drama. She also does not forget to comment supporting words to Hoya, reminding him to eat and get some sleep between his packed schedules.

She decides to exit because she feels sleepy when suddenly one name pops up on comment’s section. Myungsoo just given ‘kekeke’ and ‘Howonnie’.

Hoya laughs when he reads the comment, “Myung you has to sleep.”

Seyoung finds that she can get her beauty sleep the other day.

Myungsoo replies with ‘can’t. She is wide awake now.’ She of course refers to his daughter, Seyoung assumes.

Hoya shakes his head, “does she have trouble sleeping?”

Myungsoo’s answer comes seconds later, ‘yup. She cannot sleep when her father is not here.’

Seyoung is in heaven. Did Myungsoo just given them hint that Hoya is the father? Because Hoya is working right now?

Hoya searches for a lullaby and when he finds it, he plays the song. Little Star by Standing Egg is filling the car now.

‘Sing it.’ Myungsoo gives another comment.

“You want me to sing?” Hoya asks the screen.

Yes, yes. Sing it Hoya. Sing for your daughter.

‘O’ comes another comment.

Hoya warms his throat then belts the notes following the song that plays. He sings from the second verse to the end of the song. His voice is so soothing and makes Seyoung sleepy. She closes her eyes, feeling the song from her heart.

When he stops singing, Seyoung opens her eyes again and looks at the comments. The fans are all wondering and guessing whether or not Hoya is the real father. Hoya reads the comments but only laughs. He his eyebrows, like he finds it to be ridiculous.

Myungsoo then gives another and final comment, ‘She sleeps now. Thank you. Stay safe, don’t forget to eat. I will sleep too now. Love you’

Hoya waves his hand to the screen, “Good night. Have a nice dream, love you too.”

He then tells his fans that Myungsoo has to sleep because he has individual schedule tomorrow. He also informs that he will accompany Myungsoo because he is bored and has no schedule for the afternoon. Before he ends his live broadcast he also warns the fans to eat, be happy and always stay safe. He also says that Sunggyu just messages him to tell that his broadcast and he is in the studio to work on their songs for the comeback. He shakes his head at the screen, at Sunggyu, and says back ‘you hyung but our fans are great. Good night. Dream of me’ then ends the live broadcast.

Seyoung is so happy that it is hard for her to fall asleep, but when she finally succumbs to the dark abyss, she dreams of Hoya, Myungsoo and their daughter.

She believes that Hoya is the father.

 

 

 

 

Or not.

Sure, the next day, many fancams and pictures of Hoya and Myungsoo at Myungsoo’s shoot location is spread on internet. They are seen to be always side by side when Myungsoo is on break. They even pose for the fans who come to the location.

However, the days after, a fan claims that she sees Myungsoo and Woohyun in a shop located in Gangnam. She marks that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter