Cosy Coffee

Mocha Latte
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors note

Hi guys, this is my first attempt at publishing fanfiction! Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. I'd also like to say that I've never been to Korea so please alert me if I make any mistakes! I hope you enjoy <3

I sigh and flop back onto my bed, blowing my hair out of my face. I listen to the hum of traffic in the distance and shiver slightly as I feel a draft from the open window ghost across my skin. Sighing again I stand up to close it.

It’s been a few days since I packed up my belongings and stepped onto a plane to make my way to the other side of a world. A foreign culture and a language I’ve only just grasped the basics of – a daunting prospect, I suppose. However, rather than feeling intimidated when I set off I had felt a strange sense of freedom and power. It’s liberating to go somewhere where nobody knows who you are, where you can have a chance to reinvent yourself.

But who am I kidding? I’m starting to feel a little lonely. It feels a bit like walking into an expensive shop with an air of confidence, laughing inside at the fact that nobody is aware that you can’t afford to buy anything. I feel like an imposter. It’s not that I struggle to get on with my new roommate or the students who are going to be in my classes, it’s just that I don’t really relate to them. I know I’m not a boring person but it’s inevitable to start feeling like that when the only thing you have to talk about with your peers is your classwork. I quickly realised I had nothing to contribute to their conversations so I mainly keep to myself. I imagined it differently... I guess it was that cliche dream of a kdrama style existence. But in reality I'm worried that I won't be able to make any good friends here, let alone Korean friends.

I think I should try to remain optimistic though. Who knows what will happen?

After spending some time lying on my bed and despairing I pull myself together and decide to take a walk to explore my surroundings a little more. I've mainly spent the past few days in the dorm with the other International students, unpacking and getting settled in; it meant that I didn't have any time to look around.

After quickly running a brush through the mess which was my hair I take the elevator from the 5th floor down to the ground floor. Stepping out into the lobby I smile fondly at the little conven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter