Chapter 2

Reminisce: Golden Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “How did you knew that I’m here, Haechan-ah?” Jaemin asked to his buddy with a confused look and still there’s a sad face coming from him because it’s impossible for his best friend to find him under a bench with a cherry blossom tree because there are so many benches in the province and it is indistinguishable for the latter to find him from out of nowhere. “I found you while I’m on the way to the Night Market and then, I saw you crying and praying like you want to die already. What are you up to, Nana? You looked different these past few days.” Haechan replied and he probably wants to know what’s happening on his buddy because Jaemin used to say his problems on him but now, it’s getting different already.

              “Thanks, Haechan. But I think I should not talk about it at this moment.” Jaemin said. Haechan understands that his buddy needs some space and probably, he want to stay alone at first. But this time, he invited Jaemin to go on the Market just to refresh himself. “Erm... Jaemin-ah, you want to come at the Market? Because I’ll buy food for tomorrow. I’m not in the house for the whole day since we are on the shop, working with the cakes.” Haechan asked. The latter nods and grabs his bike to reach the Market as soon as possible. Jaemin gave his buddy a helmet and a knee pad because he wants to assure that they are safe.

                While Jaemin manages to drive the bike, Haechan noticed Jaemin is being silent at all. He noticed again that his buddy is showing a face that he hadn’t seen for ages. Haechan is so confused what is happening on the latter because he missed Jaemin, even though they meet each other everyday but everything turned out different. Haechan missed the old Jaemin, who is cheerful; who is happy whenever he saw the stars; and the Jaemin who smiled like a creep. He just released a sigh and Jaemin heard about it. He asked his buddy while driving his bike, “Haechannie~ What’s up?” but Haechan had no response and Jaemin turned around but he saw his buddy, sleeping with his tears on. ‘What is happening to him? Did I do something wrong?’ he thought. When the time strikes at 8:00 PM, they reached the Market and Haechan woke up.

                “Oh, Haechannie. There you are, I asked something but I don’t think you heard about it.” Jaemin taps Haechan on his shoulders. But the latter replied, “Really? I don’t know what you asked. Tell me about it later, I’ll just buy the food and please wait for me, okay?” Jaemin nodded and grabs Haechan’s helmet and knee pad. After that, his buddy goes inside the market to buy the food he need.

                While Haechan is on the market, the crowd is huge to the point that he can’t escape from them already but he managed to escape with his slim body by turning his body sideward while walking to avoid being bumped at people. Before he reach his destination, he saw a kid who’s selling a dream catcher. “Oppa~ Would you want to buy this dream catcher?” the kid said. Haechan looked the kid in awe and he replied, “How much is it, saeng?” showing his aegyo that Jaemin is annoyed of. They used to be annoyed with each other’s aegyos.

“Hmmm, It’s 8000 won oppa~” the kid replied with a smile in its face. “Okay, I’ll buy two!” he said.  Wait.. two? Who will be the recipient of the other dream catcher? He grabs his wallet and paid 20000 for the dream catcher.

The kid doubts about it, giving a confused look to Haechan but he chuckled and said, “Oh~ Keep the change. I would like you to give an extra for your school tomorrow. Hehe” Haechan is a generous person but a sarcastic one sometimes but 60% of him will sympathize you for being too kind to other people.

                “Thank you, oppa!” the kid said with a huge smile and Haechan complied with a smile. He nods and waves to the kid as a goodbye. He paused at the moment and closed his eyes, ‘Lord, please bless that kid. Amen.’

                  After that, he continued to walk on his destination to buy the food. Few moments later, Haechan is done buying his stuffs and good to go. He noticed that Jaemin is waiting there quietly and he ran quickly towards his buddy. “Oh, there you are.” Jaemin told him with a smile and gave back his helmet and knee pad before they go. Haechan sort his goodies carefully before wearing the helmet and knee pad to check if everything he needs is already bought. After he checked, everything has been settled and good to go. He wear his helmet and knee pad and jumps into Jaemin’s bike but the wheels carried his weight because he is way lighter than Jaemin.

                 “Let’s go, Nana!” he said with his right raised like he wants to fight for something. Jaemin started to drive his bike and they already left the Market. While Jaemin is driving, Haechan asked his buddy about something. “Hmm.. Nana?” he said. Jaemin turned around on Haechan while driving his bike humming as the answer. “Can you take me home? Let’s have a dinner there.” He offered a dinner feast for Jaemin but the latter refused to eat at their house but he agreed about his first question and Haechan can’t answer properly so he nods as his reply.

                When they reached Haechan’s house, his brother saw him with his boyfriend.

              “Oh! Haechan-ah, there you are.” It was none other than Jaehyun and Doyoung who is probably waiting for him. Jaemin grabs his helmet and knee pad off and Haechan offered a food. “Oh, Jaemin-ah! Thanks for getting me here. Hmmm... Here.” He gave a plastic with a food in it but Jaemin refused to accept it because he is full.

                “Hmm, you can give this to your mother, Nana. Please~ Accept it.” Haechan shows his aegyo to Jaemin and he is aware that Jaemin don’t want his aegyo but in the end, Jaemin grab the plastic bag.

                Jaehyun and Doyoung noticed that Jaemin is about to head towards his house that is 5 blocks away from Haechan. They stopped Jaemin at the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter