Act 1: Welcome Home!

Play The Clown

*phone vibrated*


A notification popped up on the girl's phone.
She stopped looking on her laptop's screen and glanced to the phone. The notification screen showed a message from her katalk under the name of Playscript 이한별.

Oh, Hanbyul eonni.

She was expecting a message from her. In a mere second she unlocked the phone and read the message.

[Playscript Lee Hanbyul]

Annyeong, Eunhaney!

Don't forget to attend todays' meeting, okay?! We'll be waiting four you!! ^,^

3 pm. Playscript's Backstage. See you there~ ^_^

 

[Eunha]

Okeydokey! ^^

 

[Playscript Hanbyul]

*sticker*

 

"Eunhaney.. She loves calling me that way.. "

Eunha chuckled knowing so well her senior loved to call her in a lovey-dovey way.

Today was her first day officially joining the community, Playscript. It was one of well-known drama production crews for students throughout the city. The crew was established in 2002, gaining lots of attention from play-enthusiasts, elementary to college students.

She had been thinking about joining the crew when she found out her interest on the play. That was when her high school senior, Hanbyul, invited her to come and see the Backstage (basecamp for Playscript).
She decided to be a part of the crew. Her summer break would be a great starter for her and her new life as a crew.

She closed all of the tabs on the browser she had been using before the message arrived. All of the information about costumes, properties and other supporting stuffs for a play had been read carefully. That was enough for the day. She turned off her laptop and rushed to her wardrobe, looking for something nice to wear. She had enough time to prepare and go to the destined place.

She was busy picking up the "right thing" to wear. After several minutes of battling with lots of T-shirts and jeans, she finally found a good outfit for the day.

Felt satisfied with her look, she left her house, leaving a message to her parents.

~ Playscript's Backstage ~

"MIN YOONGIII, bring those water and snacks inside. You don't want to let them in hunger, do you?"

Hanbyul asked her fellow crew to bring the food supply for the new recruits and the old members.

"Ne, madaaam."

The boy replied lazily while bringing the said boxes of food to the main stage.

Hanbyul smirked at him. Yoongi would always appear to be a lazy person when he was not directing the play. He was actually a good one at it.

She looked at the clock, found out it was the time to welcome the new faces. She rushed to the front gate where all of the new members had been waiting to be invited inside. She welcomed all of them at once and gave them her widest smile.

"Young and fresh.. Not the old faces."

She suddenly stopped her awe, looking at a group of "old members" of Playscript gathering around the new ones. They all smiled at her. She sneered at them.

"Please be kind to me, Noona!" said one of them.

"No. Not you, monster spreading legs."

"Ah, why you gotta be so cruel, Noona?"

She walked pass them, ignoring the mischief-maker. She invited the new recruits inside and told the said boys to accompany them when she realized someone had not been seen.

She looked at the other side of the street and found the girl she was looking for. She was standing next to a tree, hiding under its shade.

"Eunhaney!"

Hanbyul shouted at the girl who was reading some articles on her phone.

Eunha looked at her. She did not realize the front gate was already empty. She ran to meet Hanbyul and greeted her.

"Eonnie, annyeong. Sorry, I was reading some articles." she chuckled.

"Aish, be careful next time. You don't want to be left behind.. This girl.. Come, come inside. Find a good spot to sit. We're starting soon."

"Eum, okay! By the way, you look so pretty, eonny ^^"

"I am? Don't you try to bribe me, Eunhaney~" Both of them giggled.

~

WELCOME HOME, PLAYCREWS!

A huge banner was set hanging at the ceiling. The main stage was a quite big room that could accommodate lots of people (or crews) to gather. Eunha looked surprised by the sudden welcome shouts from the members. The members clapped and gave their warmest welcome for the new ones.

The room was full of people. From the little ones to the adults. Some of the old members standing across the room, putting their best smiles.

Everyone here looks so good.

Eunha staring at the crowds, amazed by how attractive and fun they were. She smiled and looked down at her sneakers. She did not used to be surrounded by lots of people. She spent most of her days at her room, not having much interaction with her school friends. She barely stood at the crowd for a long time. That was really a challenge for her. But, knowing that all of them share the same passion, for a play, she should not be worry. Maybe, it was that one place for her.

The time passed by. The seniors had introduced themselves and came the time for the new members. All of them were asked to come to the front of the stage. Twenty one new members gathered and introduced themselves one by one.

"Woah, Pretties all over the world." one of the old member amazed by the view in front of him.

"For this time, I agree with you, horsie!" a boy named Jimin nodded.

"Are you saying that the boys are pretty too?" the other boy replied, looking as if he was observing the scene seriously.

"YA! You can take that if you want. I would just enjoy the angels~" the one called horsie made a counterattack.

"I can't. I am the only prince charming here."

"THEN I AM THE KING CHARMING, you freakkook!"

"Chimchim, you can't even compete with my...."

"WHAT?! SPILL IT OUT YOU XSGBSDXBS!!!"

Jimin sent his punches toward the overconfident boy. Without them knowing, a person stopped behind them and gave them three a fatal hit on each head. With a rolled papers, not trying to make them pass out with something harder.

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM*

"You, idiots..get yourself together! They're going to speak. Don't you make louder noises than them!" the person whispered angrily to the group.

The boys were rubbing their heads in pain.

"Woa.. I didn't join them, Namjoon!"

"You started it all, Hoseok."

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, he did not expect to get the same punishment as his other two foolish friends and their noisiness. He had not started his own yet.

"Jeon Jungkook, you fool!" he whispered to the self-proclaimed Prince Charming.
The boy replied with inaudible "What?".

Namjoon then left the boys and went to check the other groups that might bothering the current event.

Not long after the new members finished their turn, Eunha got to be the last member to introduce herself.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Kim Eunha from Seoul Foreign Language School. I will be joining the Wardrobe team. Thanks for the warm welcome." she paused. "Jalbutakdeurimnida (Please take good care of me)." she bowed deeply to everyone there.

All of the crews, the old and the fresh ones, clapped their hands and cheered with excitement covering the atmosphere.

 

~F~