Oneshot

some nights (i stay up)

Comeback periods are always hard to go through. Yoongi knows it all too well, and when he sees how hard Jimin in working for their last comeback - that’s due in a few weeks – and how he keeps coming home from practice way past midnight, sweaty and spent, he immediately knows something is wrong.

One day, while he’s walking the corridors of the practice building, he spots Jimin and stops him with the excuse of small talk. Jimin looks tired, dark circles under his eyes because of all the lost sleep.
Yoongi asks him how he’s doing, only to receive a little shrug and a “Still working on the choreo…” from the younger. It upsets him to see Jimin like this, being used to see the usual chubby-cheeked smile and crescent shaped eyes adorning his face. Still, he goes back to his studio, gathers his stuff and heads home.
 

It’s a week after what happened in the practice building that Yoongi decides he has to do something about Jimin. He knows that what the younger is doing is not good for him, especially when their comeback is so close and they’ll have to go through promotions and fan-signs when the new album is released. He’s afraid Jimin won’t be able to endure all the pressure.

So that night, after he came home from work and took a shower, Yoongi sets himself on the sofa in the living room and turns on the TV. He doesn’t bother changing channels and finding a program he’s interest into, he just lays there and watches how the shows keep getting trashier as the time passes by.

He’s almost dozed off when the clock ticks midnight and the door to their apartment opens.
Yoongi immediately sits up. He just knows it’s Jimin who just came home, he’s spent so much time with his bandmates that he even recognizing them by the sound of the footsteps is an easy task.

Jimin’s expression changes from lifeless to surprised when he sees the older rapper sitting on the sofa.
Yoongi’s heart cleches, he’s never seen the younger sport a face so tired.

“Hyung?”

“Jimin, you’ve been practicing up until now again?”

“Yes… It’s just that I can’t get a hold on some moves of the new choreography…”

Yoongi frowns because of course.

“Jimin you know that-“

“No, hyung. I can’t this up. I need the choreo to be perfect. I also need to practice my singing, there are still some high notes that I can’t sing well.”

Jimin puts his bag down and takes off his jacket. Once he’s done he approaches Yoongi.

“Jimin, you know that’s not true… I listened to you personally while we were recording and you were perfect, you hit those high notes just fine and your voice was amazing. And you’ve been practicing the dance for months now, I also heard from Hobi that you’ve improved even more from the last comeback. So just… Jiminnie, don’t worry. You’re perfect.”

At that Jimin started tearing up, and he instantly lowered his gaze.
It’s not that he didn’t believe his hyung, but still, he didn’t see nothing special in himself. Everyone was much better than him. Everything had just been so hard lately.

He didn’t notice Yoongi was looking at him and he was startled when the older spoke again.

“Jiminnie come here.” he whispered.

Jimin didn’t think twice and quickly walked up to the sofa to sit beside Yoongi.
As he sat down, the rapper wrapped his hands around the younger’s back and slowly let them lie down together. Jimin could feel the other’s chest rise and fall as he breathed.

They stood there for a few minutes and then the younger felt lips press on the juncture between his shoulder and his neck. Color immediately rose to his cheeks, but he was too tired to even speak, all the lost sleep coming back at him at that moment.

“You know, Jiminnie… from the moment we met when we were trainees up until now, I always thought you were amazing. And you still are, of course. You worked and you work so hard. You always support us. I hope you get how amazing you are, because I hate to see you this way. I like you better when you smile, when you give us your best eye-smile.”

The younger kept still. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t expect his hyung to tell him this kind of things… Hell, he didn’t even know these thoughts crossed the older’s mind; Yoongi was worried for him. Yoongi thought so highly of him.

“Hyung-“

“Shh. Jimin just listen to me. I want you to listen to all I’m going to say, okay? And I want you to relax, you need to rest.”

Again, lips pressed a soft kiss on his skin, this time on his shoulder.
The older’s hand massaged softly on his side while he spoke.

“I want you to remember that your voice is beautiful and you shouldn’t undervalue it.”

Another kiss.

“The way you dance shows how much you love what you’re doing. I can’t even describe how I feel when I see you dance.”

Another kiss. This time Jimin can feel Yoongi’s face nuzzling gently against his neck from behind. The gesture so sweet his hert couldn’t help but clench from the happiness he felt.

There, in the darkness and with Yoongi’s warm body pressed against his own, he inevitably felt the sleep slowly take him over, eyelids almost closing.

“I love you, Jiminnie.” A soft, raspy voice whispered just as he was about to fall into a slumber.
 

And suddenly, he thought that everything was okay. He was okay.
Some nights, he just needed someone to remind him this.
So he closed his eyes, heart at peace, and let himself dream.

___________________________

A/N: hi there! thank you for reading until here! i hope you enjoyed this drabble!
i'm not really satisfied with what i wrote idk why but it's just... meh.
i still decided to post it tho, there's never enough yoongi supporting jimin tbh.

also, i wrote this for a yoonmin community on tumblr (MINI♡CUPIDS) so you can find this story there too! check the community out~!

yell at me on twitter @syubxpjm (main) or @kinkmin ( acc)