something about sundays

sunday flights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

      s u n d a y   f l i g h t s;

 

 

There is just something about Sunday mornings. No alarm, no tripping to the bathroom, no mismatched buttons and simply no rush at all. Sunlight filters in just fine, peeking behind the frilly curtains, and slowly pours in to fill the room with the scent of spring. 


There is also just something about Sunday mornings. Jongin, heavy with sleep, drags his lidded eyes open only to find an empty spot next to him. Grunting, the tanned male would stretch his arms out and with fingers groping the rumpled sheets, he confirms the absence of his other half. 


He would whine to himself, about how he is always left alone in their shared bed, before burrowing a little deeper back into the duvet and inhales the heavenly remains of the brunette’s scent. 


Down the stairs, he can hear the Tchaikovsky spinning on old records. Just the way he likes it. Padding out of their bedroom in his bronze glory, with the pants hanging lowly on his hips, Jongin peeked into the room opposite.


Inside, the walls are painted pastel blue and mint. Aeroplane miniatures hang from the ceiling, overseeing the collection of teddies sitting on the shelf. There are photo frames nailed in place. Just a few for now. Besides, their precious is still growing. 


Jongin remembers the first bear, in mocha brown fur and button eyes, he has purchased from Berlin for someone's hundred days. Oh, there is the recent white one in football jersey he brought from London. It’s on courtesy of Luhan, his Manchester maniac colleague, when he got his third stripe.


There he is, standing in front of the wooden crib and humming an old lullaby. Jongin can't help but fall again. Perhaps, it's gravity. Clad in his oversized dress shirt, a honey-haired male has his hands wrapped around their small angel. The cherub has his tiny head rest on his mother’s chest as he curls his little toes and fingers close to his body. The tiny pup has his eyes closed and his lips parted as drool drips down from the side. 


Not feeling slightly disgusted, his husband coos at the adorable sight. What warms his heart even more is how the other leans down to plant a gentle peck on their little one’s forehead.


“Morning Soo,” The younger male trails kisses down his lover’s exposed shoulders. His tawny arms circle the slender waist as he cages his small husband in his broad frame. “Morning, Papa Bear,” The brunette whispers, chuckling softly at Jongin’s husky voice which is thick with sleep. 


They stay like that for a good while, relishing in one another's warmth, a few minutes before little Kim breaks the quiet moment with his morning fits. 


Jongin bends down to cup Tae Oh’s head into his large palm before Kyungsoo knowingly hands their baby over to the father. “Hey there, Mr Grumpy Pants,” Jongin playfully nips at his son’s tiny digits, “you sounds awfully grouchy today.”  The baby scrunches his cute little nose as he mewls in his father's toned arms. 


Over the small counter adjacent to the cot, Kyungsoo smiles as he closes the cap and gives the milk bottle a good shake. “He’s always hungry in the mornings.” Jongin beams back with a nod while he noses Tae Oh’s neck and smooches those puffy little cheeks. “I know. Many say bears have huge appetite. Am I right, my little cub?” 


They finish feeding Tae Oh his milk around eight forty. The tiny bear is occupied his thumb when Jongin carries him down the stairs with Kyungsoo following him in tow. As usual, his husband busies himself as he draws back the curtains in the living room and clears Tae Oh’s play pen of his toys. He tip toes to give Jongin a peck on his lips as the latter places their son down onto the soft cushions. 


“Today’s menu is pancakes with whip cream and strawberry on top.” Kyungsoo calls out to his husband while putting on his Pororo apron. Jongin’s eyes dilate in delight as he pumps his fist in the air. While the tanned male is out of the door for a couple of seconds, probably to check mails and pick up his morning papers, Kyungsoo switches the Baby TV on and watches Tae Oh crane his head and crawl towards the sound. 


Kyungsoo can hear the brief exchange of good mornings with their next door neighbours. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are probably back from their anniversary trip. The couple usually begins a new season by travelling abroad for a short vacation. Last year, they went to Okinawa and now, they have just come back from Amsterdam. 


The brunette sighs. How long has it been since he and Jongin gone abroad apart from their honeymoon in Paris? Sure, the tanned male always makes sure he brings enough souvenirs from every one of his flights but ever since he has gotten his fourth stripe, the man is often flying overseas across the continents. He misses the days back in college when Jongin used to drag him along on his backpack trips.


Back in the playpen, Tae Oh sits up on his animal bolster. Pororo theme song plays on the screen as the tiny bear listens, raptured by its dancing and singing characters. He sways his head along and lets out an eager giggle which brings Kyungsoo out of his trance. The mother can't help but beam with bliss. Their little guy is growing up real fast into his nine months. 


Jongin is back inside by then. His husband has chucked a roll of newspaper under his arms while he transfers Tae Oh out of his playpen and brings him over to his feeding seat strapped to one of the dining chairs. Their bear is a little whiny at first for his Papa has taken him away from his favourite show. Soon, the cub is settled in and realises he can still see Krong clearly from his seat. He does a little happy dance much to his parents’s amusement.


Breakfast is a pleasant affair as Tae Oh finally comes out from his morning grumpy shell and starts his day blabbering about what Jongin assumes is his dream last night. Kyungsoo props his chin up with one of his elbow and stares dreamily at the father and son. 


After all years, from the day they have said their vows in the chapel, Kyungsoo's nine months carrying Tae Oh to this beautiful day, Jongin still looks like a gorgeous specimen back in their campus days. He looks hotter even, with glasses loose on his nose and shirtless with a pair of sweatpants. His newspapers are forgotten though as the sun-kissed male converses with their talkative son. 


“Done staring?” Jongin sports a lazy smirk as he pops a strawb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter